[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamscape Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

My players will be going to a celebratory dinner next session but unknown to them they will die later that night. They'll now have to navigate a surreal horror version of the castle during dinner to solve the mystery, defeat the butler who made a pact and caused this, and then return to their bodies before dawn.

My question is - how can I make this legit scary and weird? Interesting mechanics or enemies to fight? Creepy horror thread general?
>>
bumping
>>
>>55395849
DnD 3.5 Heroes of Horror.pdf has loads of scares you can adapt.

Otherwise, try to leave mnosters un-named. It's not media, it's a woman with worms coming out of her head, holes were eyes should be, etc. It's not a werewolf, it's a huge man with legs bent at obscene angles and bloody muzzle filled with rows of teeth, etc.

Leave as many things unexplained as possible, until players risk becoming disintetested.

Pass notes to players with spooky things only they sense, let them describe to one another.
>>
>>55396244
Media -> medusa
>>
>>55395849
All about the immersion and your rp quality. Use a lot of descriptive language
>>
>>55395849
Everything you do should be with a focus of "how playable is this thing that I'm imagining"

Any other route leads to bored and frustrated players
>>
>>55395849

Is this online or in person?
>>
File: 20170814_112846.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170814_112846.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>55396315
It's in person.

>>55396287
Good advice. I'm sure not thinking like that has fucked people over. Thanks.

>>55396244
I tend to not name monsters anyway - so that will be easy. The passing around notes is a good idea. I usually just pull people into another room - but notes won't ruin the immersion like that. Thanks
>>
>>55396397
>Good advice. I'm sure not thinking like that has fucked people over. Thanks.
No problem. I suffer from writer-itis myself
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501836772445.jpg (51KB, 540x683px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501836772445.jpg
51KB, 540x683px
Giving this a bump
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.