[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lanternfolk worldbuilding continued

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: lanternfolk.png (312KB, 434x306px) Image search: [Google]
lanternfolk.png
312KB, 434x306px
We had an interesting worldbuilding thread last night where dubs decided the focal points of the story. I collected all of the dubs I saw last night before going to bed and compiled it in a Google doc and then wrote the beginning of a short story in the setting. I wanted to post it all here in case anyone else wanted to use it as story inspiration. Some of the stuff is pretty fucking gay, but some of it is actually pretty interesting.

I'll have to do it in parts since it's apparently too long but here goes nothing:

1. Flying is much easier, most things that don't fly are super massive.

2. small fluffy pillow like objects are used as currency. [since it's] easy to fly around, then they would be attached to your belt or a strap through strings.

An all-female race of catgirls who communicate by meowing with different intonations.A brain parasite made the catgirl race go completely extinct thousands of years ago.

lanterfolks are cool. they have come about naturally, there is some sort of naturally developing technology in the setting.Also they're mostly blind since they emit light.

Trolls work as salt miners.

everything has a soul. Except lanternfolk

the planet is hollow, filled with the crumbling remains on of a once great super civilization that harnessed the power of the planets core. sometimes old technology is brought back up to the surface by relic hunters or ruins surfacing through tectonic movement.

ROBOTIC PANTHERS FROM THE ASTEROID BELT.

cont.
>>
This post got trips so it was determined to be the evil : If the gravity was low as hell and the ground was mountainous almost everything being airborne would make sense - travelling from peak to peak would take forever on foot and if flight it easy everything would fly.

Another anons explanation of how this is evil: I'm not quite sure how to turn that into an epic evil - maybe the ground is getting progressively more mountainous and dangerous - possibly due to the planet is hollow, filled with the crumbling remains on of a once great super civilization that harnessed the power of the planets core. sometimes old technology is brought back up to the surface by relic hunters or ruins surfacing through tectonic movement.
>>
Quick story I wrote:

Julian strapped the harness across his chest and yanked hard on the chain that he had tied around one of the thick spires that surrounding the gaping crevice. He smacked a weighty apparatus on the side of his waist and a bright light began to shine from the lantern. Julian jumped over the ledge and began his slow descent into the darkness. As he floated down and the light pouring in through the crevice above him began to fade, he could see only the vague edges of the planets crust on either side of him slowly dierging out of view until finally he was surrounded only by blackness, the only sound being the rattling of Julian’s chain.
>>
Most wanna be junkers stopped here. The silence, the darkness, the inevitable death if anything went wrong for the chain. At least one of those would send even the most boastful amateurs scrambling back up to the surface. Some weren’t afraid to die, some others liked the quiet. Julian was just broke-- broke enough to not let being scared shitless keep him off of a payday. He knew that it was just a few more minutes until his chain would catch and he could move over to the transfer, but each time he went down he couldn’t help but feel that it had been just a little too long; maybe the transfer light’s out and my chain snapped? Thoughts like that would run through his head, until finally, the yellow light would start to pour over the nearly horizontal crust of the cave, about 15 meters away he saw the transfer station come into view over the anti-horizon and the chain started to go taut. He gripped the chain and jerked his body, beginning a pendulum swing towards and away from the transfer. After a few minutes, he gripped onto the metal bar protruding from the ground tightly and began the careful procedure of unhooking the chain from his harness and tying it to the bar. He gripped the transfer chain and put his weight onto it and began moving across it, his feet pointing downward towards the darkness below. Ahead of him was the transfer office, its roof the ground itself and a bright light shining from beneath its hanging floor. The chain Julian was hanging from lead to the top of an open well lit doorway which stoop passed a balcony that Julian had nearly positioned himself over.
>>
He positioned himself nearly over it and let go of the chain, using his forward momentum to glide onto the balcony. He landed with a soft noise, and heard the noise of metal on metal approaching him. A medium sized lanternfolk appeared in the doorway. “Are you familiar with the hourly rate?” The creature spoke in its oddly organic timbre.
“Yeah.” Julian’s spoke with a shaky voice as he finally caught his breathe. He pulled five small wispy objects out of small pouch he had in front of his left thigh hanging from his belt. “Here’s the deposit.” He tossed them toward the lanternfolk, who jumped slightly, but pulled them each out of the air as they slowly floated towards him.
“Thank you. If you’ll follow me I’ll prepare your chain.”

TBC
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.