[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect - Terminus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Wrote up a quick Mass Effect-themed Wargame as a side project.

Spent more than a few hours putting this together. The idea was to produce something a bit tactical that captured the essence of the Mass Effect universe and create a fun, character and objective-focused skirmish game.

It's got army lists for the Alliance, Council, Pirates, Asari, Turians, Salarians and Krogans in at the moment, with plans to throw the Quarians and Geth in later down the line. Players can also create their own characters using a robust character generator.

Rules are simple to grasp but have plenty of tactical depth, based around a set of core scenarios customized by the addition of environmental special rules tailored to the types of battlefields commonly found across the Mass Effect universe.

Highlights include fighting across the machinery-strewn hull of a mining platform in a gas giant's upper reaches, where the winds are strong enough to pluck poor unfortunates and hurl them off the edge and into the swirling vortex below.

The game takes its inspiration from games like Necromunda and FiveCore.
>>
File: Terminus Bookmarked V2.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Terminus Bookmarked V2.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>55390407
Latest version of the PDF here.
>>
>>55390407
Bump for luck
>>
>>55390407
>no batarian

its trash
>>
>>55392198
Batarians are thrown in under the Terminus Pirates army list.
>>
What system is this based off of?
>>
>>55394585
It's something of my own design, sorta cribbed together from things I like in various other games.
>>
File: Sad_sad_bot.jpg (2MB, 768x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_sad_bot.jpg
2MB, 768x1063px
>>55390407
>no geth
>>
Nice. I had a thread a few months ago where I was brainstorming something similar, but no one replied.

One thing: it seems a bit excessive on customization. There's a lot of ammo types and stuff. Which is good in some ways, but that complexity means even less people will ever make use of your hard work.

Also how tf are there NO not!ME minis out there? A travesty.
>>
>>55397171
I'd recommend a mix of mantic and infinity, just need a few conversions here and there
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.