[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Legacy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 18

File: 122.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
TRIBAL EDITION

Are any tribes in Ixilan going to be viable with a couple of vials and some legacy staples?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
http://basiclandart.tumblr.com

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
https://pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ
>>
>>55382607
I don't think any tribal creatures from Ixilan are going to make much of an impact. Entrancing Melody or Ashes of the Abhorrent could be pretty funny in the right meta.
>>
Slivers would be a cheap build. Dunno how its powerlevel is in meta.
>>
Post your deck's theme song(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBIBJTUDc4Y

Also, how's your sideboard fellow Branimators?
4 Macabre
4 Wear//Tear
2 Pithing Needle
2 Silence
1 Elesh Norn
1 Inkwell
1 Blazing Archon

I swapped the 1-of Duress and Grave Titan (hardcasting seems like a stretch and Inkwell is a better 1-of to throw away to Surgical or if it hits the field win the game on its own) for the Silences, since I figured they answer most stuff, either trade with a counter or force Wxx to play out Containment Priest which you can then Brutality, cast in response to a fetch etc etc.
>>
>>55383318
Patrician taste in music.
Plebeian taste in decks.
>>
>>55383561
Hey, at least it's still a deck.
>>
File: Regisaur-Alpha-Ixalan-Spoiler.png (182KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Regisaur-Alpha-Ixalan-Spoiler.png
182KB, 265x370px
>>55382607

Dinos can actually probably fit into a Nic Fit mold, particularly this one as it just shits out value. Others have pretty decent spell-like effects stapled onto big beefy bodies.
>>
File: 29.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>55382607

>That feeling when you've always really wanted to make a Thrull or a Dwarves Tribal Legacy Deck but are unsure how to do so.
>>
File: shots-fired-640x360.jpg (91KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shots-fired-640x360.jpg
91KB, 640x360px
>>55383568
>>
>>55384148
I've played against Dwarf Belcher before, it can play the aggro plan or look for a combo kill with recruiter to stack deck. Seems soft to combo though.
>>
>>55382607

Unfortunately, I doubt it. Though with that said, the dino 3-drop that eats graveyards seems pretty cool.

It'd be funny to see Dino-Stompy. In fact, I really need that in my life. Just as long as it's called "Jurassic Park."

>>55385560

>Dwarf Belcher

You have piqued my interest.
>>
Looking for input on my black hound deck, for casual play.

1- Dark Ritual x4, Sinister Concoction x3
2- Hymn to Tourach x4, Grave Strength x4
3- Thraben Foulbloods x3, Vampire Hounds x2, Victimize x3
4- Mortis Dogs x4, Flesh Allergy x2
5- Hounds of the Farbogs x4
6- Caustic Hound x2
7- Hollowborn Barghest x1
24 lands (to be jazzed up later)

Thanks!
>>
>>55385560
>Dwarf Belcher

Hmm, I'm guessing it uses Dwarven Recruiter to "stack" the deck then fires off the Charbelcher for lethal? But how does it speed up enough (or control enough) to work?
>>
File: Image (7).jpg (33KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (7).jpg
33KB, 226x311px
>>55383568
>mfw you hurt my feefees
>>
File: 446.jpg (45KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
446.jpg
45KB, 600x384px
>mfw khans and onslaught fetches in the same deck
>>
File: excellent.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
excellent.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>55386831

>mfw I play different art on every basic land and a different art for every Hymn to Tourach (fallen empires alts)
>>
Can 4c leovold even beat 12 post? You dont have waste lands to slow them down
>>
>>55387341

4 color Leovold has access to Baleful Strix, Liliana of the Veil, Jace, and Deathrite Shaman. In the sideboard you have Edicts, Hymns, and other cards to punish slower decks. You should be able to handle 12-post. While they produce a billion mana, your toolbox has access to the best removal in the format. 12-post should be a big, sitting duck for your deck.
>>
>>55386500
Library of leng with readd the runes to stack whole deck in any order
>>
>>55386921
>>55386921
alternate art was the best part of Fallen Empires

WotC should bring that back
>>
Theres a legacy tourney at my LGS this Saturday. I have both Lands and Infect completed. Does infect have a chance at doing well? I'm way more experienced with it but feel like there's too much creature hate going around for it to do well.
>>
>>55388476
Experience is generally better than trying to metagame in legacy. It's true that all the control decks are probably unfavorable (although I have never played that matchup personally), but if you feel most comfortable with infect then you will perform better than you would with lands
>>
>>55386375

Replace the vampire hounds with ghost hounds for spicy tech against DnT
>>
>>55385560

>Look up Dwarf Belcher
>find a list
>see a post replying "Okay but how does it beat Elvish Piper"?
>Look at date
>2010

I feel so old now
>>
>turn one thoughtseize into surgical
>kill their deck right on the spot
>snap caster it back and remove their other slower win condition
lmao
>>
>>55390209
What deck folds this hard?
>>
>>55390414
lands
>>
>>55390441
how do you thoughtseize a land to surgical it?
>>
>>55390479
turn 1 took his loam
turn 3 took his punishing fire
turn 4 jace
>>
>>55390495
so what if he just naturally stage + depths
>>
>>55390495

So did you Snapcast the Thoughtseize or the Surgical? What about Dark Depths/Thespian Stage and Crop Rotation? What about that new green creature they use, the one with all the clue tokens?
>>
>>55390527
block with strix, bounce the token, now he has to redraw his combo
>>
>>55390540
surgical so i could take exile fire. Like I said I could beat 1 combo and the odds he draws it again before i get another answer is zero
>>
>>55390590

So he played Fire after you surgicaled his Loam on turn one? Or did you just have two Thoughtseizes in your opening hand?
>>
>>55390631
I slapped his hand and it touched his graveyard. Judge ruled it had to stay there and gave him a warning for having weak wrists.
>>
>>55390665

Harsh but fair.
>>
>>55390665
I actually did slap someone's hand in a game at a tournament recently.
>>
>>55390631
turn one thought seize isnt surgical
turn 2 deathrite shaman and ponder, he fires the drs
turn 3 snap back surgical
turn 4 jace

he had like exploration and shit but not much going on
>>
>>55391123
>isnt
into
>>
>>55390563
>block with strix
It's id.
>>
>>55391470
yeah but it protects jace so i can bounce it on my turn
>>
>>55388613
Thanks. I don't play the regular Legacy crowd often, but I'll keep them on my sideboard just in case.
>>
>>55393209
this isnt the edh general
>>
File: Perilous Voyage.jpg (40KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
Perilous Voyage.jpg
40KB, 300x420px
What do you other storm bros think about Perilous Voyage? Better than Echoing Truth in the SB or worse? I can see situations where EOT bounce Thalia/Chalice/3ball and set you next draw step is gas, but it would also be worse in scenarios where your facing down multiple of the same lock piece, which is when Echoing Truth shines.
>>
>>55394156
It also can't bounce your stuff, for what it's worth. I think it has a lot of potential to pull you out of bad situations with the scry but Echoing deals with multiple Chalices on 1 while also wiping EtW tokens.
>>
>>55394156
I'm definitely gonna test it. ETruth bounces multiple permanents pretty infrequently. I think the scry could be big game. The fact that it can't bounce your own shit is pretty minimal. I don't think I've ever used ETruth like that. It's just never come up.
>>
>>55394316
>multiple Chalices on 1

...why would someone cast multiple chalices on one? Wouldn't they go Chalice on One, Chalice on Two, Chalice on Three?
>>
>>55395327
because you arent gonna stop an abrupt decay
>>
>>55395327
>why would someone cast multiple chalices on one?
My recent experience has been people putting chalice on 1 and 0 against storm. People used to put multiple chalices on 1 because the main removal was Decay in Storm decks (due to Counterbalance). It's annoying, although not impossible, to storm off against chalice on 1. It's nearly impossible to storm off against chalices on 0 & 1 without removing them first.

>Chalice on Three?
Chalice on 3 does nothing against ANT or TES unless they're being VERY weird and running Grim Tutor or something non-standard in the SB. Chalice on 1, 0, and 2 (generally in that order) are your best bet against storm decks.
>>
>Want to get into Legacy so that I can play vs some real life buddies for fun
>Cards cost 100-5000 dollars

How do you guys.. actually 'play' Legacy?
Do you just use your old collections, only theory craft and refrain from actually playing the format or something?
>>
>>55395827
I budgeted and bought into the format. When I got out of school and got a job that paid more than minimum wage, I bought duals. But I got my LEDs while I was still a poor college student. To be fair they were a bit cheaper a couple years ago, as we're duals. Recent price spikes are nuts.
>>
>>55395827
i play on xmage
>>
>>55395827
I play IRL at my LGS with whats in my collection. I've been playing since the stone age so I can build most any deck with a few exceptions.
>>
>>55395827
I do exactly this
>>
What do you guys think of legacy tron?
>>
>>55396534
hot garbage
>>
File: Wasteland.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>55396534
Its an inferior version of an already terrible deck. Wasteland gives 12post fits; it would massacre a deck trying to assemble tron.
>>
>>55396534
Wastelanded until you cry yourself out of the store.
>>
>>55396534
Not in this format champ
>>
>>55395827
My whole legacy deck costed about 520 euros where 320 euros were 8 cards. And i bought alot of pretty old foils and pimped the deck out. Still need sideboard wich is like max 50 euros
>>
>>55396914
>playing br reanimator instead of superior ub reanimator
>>
>>55396941
>implying I'm not building into it
>>
Anyone here play the leylines deck? Or have it in your playgroup? Is it any competitive?
>>
>>55396633

I think tron is a lot better than 12 post
>>
File: 1504902023258.gif (1MB, 213x210px) Image search: [Google]
1504902023258.gif
1MB, 213x210px
>>55397087
lol no, just no. Cloudpost is banned in modern specifically because it is better and easier to make tons of mana with than Tron. The same applies to Legacy, there is a reason why you see Post decks and Tomb+CoT decks but don't see Tron decks (seriously, search mtgtop8 for Legacy Tron decks, I'll wait). The fact of the matter is that we have better lands for "going big" in Legacy than are allowed/exist in the Modern cardpool.
>>
>>55397021
It's fun as fuck to play, but it's not competitive at all. You'll randomly hose some yard based decks and some storm decks with leylines, but other than those matchups you'll be grossly underpowered compared to tier 1/2 Legacy decks.
>>
>>55397387
How is it fun at all to play? A buddy of mine tried it once and you either had the nut draw of 5 leyline, sanctum, opalescence, or you mulliganed to oblivion and do nothing. It creates the most non-games I've ever seen, and that's saying something because there are some pretty damn uninteractive decks in legacy. You might as well just gamble alone and not waste someone else's time
>>
>>55397087
Nigga, i hope your trolling, because this is one of the dumbest statements about legacy I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>55397448
Because it does something pretty unique and interesting? Just because a deck is linear doesn't mean its not fun to play once in a while. I bet your one of those shitters that complains about Belcher or PSI.
>>
>>55396534

I actually think it has much more potential than other posters seem to think. Revoker and Pithing Needle in the main would be a bit clunky, but I definitely think there are ways to make it work. Could run a green shell for Scryings, Crop Rot, and Loam, and maybe blue for some card selection. Then just big dudes all the way down.

Tron has one major advantage over 12-Post, which is that none of the Tron lands enter tapped.

The big problem with it is the same problem decks like Post have: there are other ways to get enormous dudes on the field that are easier to use and more resilient. I'd still be down to try it at some point, though.

>>55395827

I bought into Legacy with Poops in 2013 when I realized I already had half the cards lying around and I didn't need duals. Then I started moving Modern staples and random value-cards I'd accumulated over the years to get LEDs and the pieces I was missing for Dredge. After that, I just started unloading more value cards I wasn't using to buy into more duals (I've got nine), and there you have it. I don't have an extensive card base; just enough stuff with good crossover value to play most Storm variants, Dredge and Manaless, Charbs, Poops, and Reanimator (U/B). Working on Nic Fit at the moment. It takes a lot of time, but if you've got a good supply of cards, you can do it pretty cheaply. The only problem is that I don't have a lot of Modern staples anymore, so I'd have to throw down quite a bit to get back into that format.
>>
>>55396534
>>55397087
>>55397488
>Tron
I think a Legacy Tron deck will probably end up as a slightly worse 12post with all of the same issues as the latter. Your going to be super vulnerable to Wasteland, and your going to be doing very little until turn 3+. This means your pretty much going to get destroyed by almost any combo deck in the format and will probably get out tempo'd by delver variants. If you want to play with fatties Reanimator, S&S, Big Red, Eldrazi, etc. will do the same things but faster and without the general weakness to Wasteland.
>>
>>55396941
That's an odd way to spell inferior. Speed with just enough relevant interaction is everything in a+b graveyard combo vs drs: the meta, and RB has a lot more unbeatable 6s and 7s compared to UB's none.
>>
>>55382607
Considering the format is currently all Stonewaifu-DRS deck or combo decks. Don't think so.
>>
>>55397087
Hoogland pls go
>>
>>55397087
tron would be in a weird spot between MUD and 12post where it isn't doing anything as good as either of them

also neither of those decks are that great in the first pace
>>
>>55395552

Ah, I only played against Chalice when I was playing against Merfolk and I was playing Pox, so they did eventually get the 1-2-3 lock (I still managed to squeak out a win, thank you Snuff Out, Beseech the Queen, and Nether Spirit)
>>
>>55399241

please stop bullying MUD

MUD is a good boy

MUD did nothing to deserve this
>>
>>55397484
Nah, at least other turn one decks require a little brain power, like counting to 7 with belcher. But with leyline, you make literally no decisions whatsoever. If you think that sort of style is "cool and interesting," you probably belong in edh general
>>
>Realize there was a tiny 1-room hobby shop across town
>Head over, chat with the owner a bit
>Store seems to be a failing business, not many people show up
>Check out his singles
>Tons of legacy staples, 2 Useas in good shape, Dack, Painters Servants and Grindstones
>He's running a draft tonight but said that people don't always show up and no one was signed up
>Got on social media and told everyone I know who plays magic to show up
How can I help this guy out, having a magic scene 5 minutes from my house would be paradise. Hopefully I won't be the only one there tonight.
>>
Personal tutor in miracles? Or at all in legacy?
>>
>>55402763
Get a group of people committed to draft and show up to the store with them
>>
>>55395827
I had the good fortune to have a taste for old cards when I was a scrub. I bought up cards I thought were cool, like mox diamonds for 30 a pop, city of traitors for 50, grim monoliths for 10, and a glut of modern shit when the format was new. I really didn't know what the consequences of buying two sets of snapcaster and liliana would be. Then I sold out of modern, keeping only the legacy bits and bought duals and a few supplemental cards like LED, infernal tutor, show and tell etc. It was pretty sweet having ANT, miracles F, snt, eldrazi, and reanimator all ready to go at the same time.
>>
>>55396941
>implying I don't have both
>implying I didn't go back to Br for a reason
Gotta go fast
>>
>>55403386

It's been tested and found wanting in Storm, but you might be right that Miracles is a good place for it. Of course, it would've worked really well with Top, and it didn't get played back then, so there's that.

>>55401465

MUD's one of those decks that has stellar matchups against certain things but doesn't have the consistency to match everything it's likely to face. Then Eldrazi came along....

Don't get me wrong—I think it's a pretty sweet deck. I just think it's in a bad spot because there's a more consistent kill in the same mana/prison package.
>>
>>55402270
Stop enjoying things I dont enjoy! Only I know the right way to have fun!

T. Salty shitter
>>
>>55405058
The miracles package is too tight for it to fit but maybe parfait? Just need to find more spicy sorceries outside terminus.
>>
>>55401465
MUD deserves everything it gets
>>
>>55405058
It's awful because I just want to play giant artifacts, not spaghetti monsters. MaRo has ruined my life.
>>
>tfw Burn, Big Red, Dragon Stompy and the newly brewed Ruby Storm are all strictly mono-red and competitively viable
Legacy is currently the best format for red mages. Feels good man. Where my red niggas at?
>>
Whatever happened to that spicy red welder deck?

seems like ruby storm stole it's thunder even though ruby storm is objectively bad

I wish there was a competitive red coinflip deck desu
>>
>>55409338
>calls a deck that has been putting up decent results objectively bad
>wants a competitive coin flip deck, a mechanic that's objectively impossible to ever be viable
I don't get it
>>
>>55409419
>decent results
>one league 5-0 in the past month

come on dude, its a trash deck that can occasionally cheese out some wins. It's not even better than belcher
>>
>>55410375
desu it's moon-proof and can iself run moon on the side. that perk alone makes it interesting.
>occasionally cheese out some wins
it goes off as consistently as other storm decks. it's main drawback is not running maindeck protection.
>>
>>55410699
That's a pretty huge drawback mate.
>>
>>55410824
you can probably try running Blood Moon in the main. could make for a fine deck.
>>
>>55410881
True. I'm just saying that not having access to black for discard like traditional Storm decks is a huge drawback. Blood Moon is a decent piece of disruption, but won't stop you from getting blown out by Force or Mindbreak Trap when you go to combo off. Defense Grid as a 2-3x in the SB would probably be better against blue decks, it shores up the inherent weakness to permission that not having discard causes. There is also the possibility of the deck running something like Silence to protect the combo turn (Like old version of TES), you're generally playing a minimum of 8 ways to make W in the deck, so it doesn't seem that far fetched.
>>
Legacy event at my LGS today, bringing finished loam pox down to rip up my DnT/stoneblade/delver meta. I'll keep you guys posted if you care. Event kicks off at noon
>>
>>55413948

List?
>>
File: 1485603935223.gif (249KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485603935223.gif
249KB, 500x375px
>>55413967
4 smallpox
4 sinkhole
4 hymn
1 entomb
4 decay
4 mox diamond (flex) if budget is an issue
4 Liliana veil
1 Ravens crime
2 cabal pit
1 karakas
4 wasteland
4 catacombs
4 bayou
4 factory (Mishra)
1 worm harvest
1 pulse
4 loam
3 urborg
3 barren Moore
1 nether spirit
2 mire

Pretty standard loam list. Entomb is there for nether spirit pressure or to find bojuka bog or entomb a loam to get my engine going.. very fun deck, would recommend. Can start a very good budget build from mono black. Lilly is the most expensive but TOTALLY worth it to see the opponent publicly act like they shit the bed.
>>
>>55414014
>no one of pox
Step up my man
>>
>>55416681
I got tired of trying to explain to my opponent what a 3rd of their stuff rounded up is. They always said "you played it, you do the math" so fuck that. Although it's a great homage to where the deck started
>>
>>55402763
>>55403457
This, and also remember to buy your board games, supplementals (and sodas while drafting if he sells them) from there if they're sensibly priced.

Did people show up?
>>
>>55417265
3 other people showed up, so we did some BFZ sealed. He gave everyone Fatal Push promos since so few people showed up. Bought some soda and a water. He's less a dedicated card shop and more a hobby shop, but it's a nice place. He's got 40k, bunch of baseball memorabilia and some old military knives.
>>
Any mana-dredge enthusiasts have interesting sideboard tech? Going to probably bring it out for a spin tomorrow at the weekly. My current core is 4x Force, 4x Leyline of the Void, 1x Ashen Rider, Elesh Norn, Iona. Big thing I'm worried about is grave-hate (obviously), so has anyone been testing anything interesting? My other slots are two Petals and singletons Ancient Grudge and Ray of Revelation.
>>
>>55417984
I have never liked forces in mana dredge, I don't think you have enough blue cards unless you are playing 4 amalgams, which most lists do not. They also don't hit leyline, which is a big deal. I also don't like grudge or ray, since they cost 2 on the front end and you can never use the flashback when they have grave hate out. For this reason nature's claim is the best anti-hate answer, it is just the most efficient way to get rid of leyline/cage/spellbomb/crypt/rip/etc. Another card that is in almost every dredge sideboard, and for good reason, is firestorm. That card is insane, and you could even run 1 or 2 maindeck if your meta is filled with drs.
>>
>>55417984
for anti-hate get Serenity or Wear/Tear
or disregard hate and sideboard in 4 Grindstone 4 Painter's Servant
>>
>>55411098
I think the main solution is boarding in 4x pyroblast since you generate so much red mana

it doesn't solve everything (the deck folds to things like solitary confinement) but it helps with storm count
>>
>>55418134

The thing that's good about Force is that it stops anything you would want it to except Leylines and Faerie Macabre. I haven't had trouble casting it, but if I were to find it clunky, it would probably go. I'm also running quads of all the blue cards except Amalgam, which is a double. I'd considered 'boarding a couple of Disrupting Shoals, too, though I don't think I've got the space.

I've never liked Firestorm; it's a powerful card, but in my experience, multiple Deathrites will do so much damage to our tempo that removing them isn't enough. Singular Deathrites aren't much of a problem unless the opponent is running heavy countermagic, in which case the odds are that Firestorm will only be a discard outlet—into Deathrite.

I really like Nature's Claim. I cut it for a while when Chalices were running around all over the place, but I might bring it back. Definitely cleaner and simpler than Ray or Grudge, but I'm starting to wonder whether it might be better to use Chain of Vapor because it's easier to cast. Leyline of the Void continues to be the boogeyman for Dredge, so I might bring some portion of this package back in.

Lotus Petal is one about which I'm on the fence. It feels much stronger in theory than it is in practice.

>>55418965

I've been looking for Serenities for ages. Wear/Tear seems solid, but I don't like the casting cost. I'm thinking to try one.
>>
>>55419723
My biggest issure with force is that you need it in hand when the opponent casts their hate. Many times I have had to dig for a claim with draw spells because they turn 1 caged/leylined me, and you can't do the same thing with force. As for firestorm, its not good just against deathrite. I bring it in almost any time my opponent is playing creatures. Personally, I have always found the card to be great, but clearly you have had a different experience. In place of the lotus petals, you could try street wraiths, which serve the same purpose of speeding up your dredge, while also providing fodder for ichorid. The main advantage is that it is good on its own, whereas you need a spell to cast to make use of the petal's mana.
>>
>>55419723
Lotus petal when you really have to try outrun combo or you are facing daze decks.

Firestorm is pretty much a must have, because while it's mainly to kill DRS, it's also good against DnT to get rid off containment priest and other shenanigans. I almost always side it in against decks with low toughness creatures, because at the worst it's still answer card, which gives you discard outlet, even if you just kill vanilla bear.

It's so much easier to get rid off hate with nature's claim than with force. Force needs so many things right to be good in dredge, while you can always top deck into claim and get rid off problem X or lose to opponent's counter. Wear//Tear also popular to get through Chalice. They just hit the biggest portion of hate.

Not sure which one is better with current metadecks, leyline or macabre.

Spiciest sideboard is Memory's journey. Opponent's face when they surgical and you shuffle the target into library is priceless. It's not exactly good card, but blocks some plays opponent's otherwise would have. (threat of flashback)
I hate dakmor salvage for having etb tapped effect. Otherwise I would play it a lot.
>>
File: patricianlands.jpg (67KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
patricianlands.jpg
67KB, 500x417px
What kinda basics are y'all fond of? I'm an APAC kinda guy.
>>
>>55423134
I like foil zendikar basics with acetoned borders.
>>
>>55423134
beta basics look good, have old school factor and are only a few bucks each
>>
File: Unstable swamp.jpg (29KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Unstable swamp.jpg
29KB, 265x370px
>>55423134
I'm a huge fan of Coldsnap Snow-Covered basics, they're the basic in most of my decks. I'm loving the basics that have been spoiled for Unstable, I'll probably be playing them in a few of my decks.
>>
>>55423134
Normally I go for alphas, unless I'm playing EDH. Then I typically use basics from whatever set or block the commander's from.
>>
>>55423579
I dont like the unstable lands, they just dont feel like mtg cards.
>>
>>55423134

i really like the basics from Mirage, Urza's Saga and Onslaught
>>
File: 5★.jpg (229KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
5★.jpg
229KB, 672x936px
>>55423134
I love the Judge basics. I run the Judge Mountains in my Modern/Legacy Burn deck. Soon ill be getting the Judge Plains and Swamps for my EDH deck.
>>
>>55423134
Using eurolands plains and 2003 dci islands.
>>
>>55423134

Plains: None. Ever.
Forest: Urza's Saga
Island: Urza's Saga
Mountain: Mirrodin (the really bright-red one that looks like it's melting)
Swamp: RTR; any
>>
Would kjeldoran outpost be good substitute for mox diamond? Its the only cards that i would be missing from a decent parfait list. Wasteland isnt that big in my lgs.
>>
File: 1504056100156.png (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1504056100156.png
9KB, 160x160px
is MTGO really as bad as Reddit says it is?
>>
>>55429139
It's shit, but it's the best online MTG client that exists by a significant margin
>>
>>55429139
The UI is dogshit but you get used to it, and the level of play is better than xmage, etc. Honestly it's one of the best ways to step up your game. The constant availability of decent opponents is great. I noticed marked improvements in my play after buying in on mtgo.
>>
>>55428434

As far as I can see, kjeldoran outpost is worse in every way, almost worse than a vanilla plains. The whole point of mox diamond is to have a landless mana source so you can keep your land count low and land tax online. At least with a vanilla plains you can grab it with your tax. The 1/1 soldiers are borderline irrelevant, although there might be some corner cases where you have a humility out but still can't close the game for some reason and are facing something creature heavy.
>>
>>55427044
Weren't you building Nic fit? What colors if you're not playing plains?
>>
>>55430893
Not him but if there's no white I'd imagine it's BUG fit.
>>
File: Goblin Charblecher.jpg (415KB, 1600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Charblecher.jpg
415KB, 1600x1173px
>>55383318
>Post your deck's theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybGOT4d2Hs8
>>
>>55395827
it's a slow process for me. That's part of the enjoyment for me actually, looking through trade binders, scavenging forums online for people who have this particular card I need... It's a journey man =)
>>
>>55397021
I play it on Xmage sometimes, and it can definitely steal some games, but it's super dependent on your opening 7. Once you mull to 5 you've lost.
>>
File: 1505465348630.jpg (114KB, 1241x931px) Image search: [Google]
1505465348630.jpg
114KB, 1241x931px
>>55383318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4MRmEPNUxY
>>
>>55433131
What's going on in this picture?
>>
>>55433131
Laughed wholeheartedly, thanks anon.
>>
>>55429139

Its honestly not that bad. The UI could be much better, but its the best out there. Once you get the hang of it, its pretty simple.
Like >>55429416 said, the quality of players on there is pretty good.

Also first time Legacy player, just bought into Ruby Storm and I'm having fun.
>>
>>55434162
Italian officials captured smugglers with a contraband foil dredge deck on the island of Lipari
>>
>>55430893
>>55431651

Yeah, BUG was my plan. Debating picking up Birthing Pods or something. I'm not sure whether I can make the build run with only one each of Trop and Bayou, so I've been kicking around some pretty weird lists lately. Anyone managed to make it work with only 2x Sea, singles Bayou and Trop? I don't feel like running Jace, so I've got pretty much everything else I'd need.

>>55434605

I sincerely hope this made the news. Anyone have a link to the story?

I love that you can tell from the looks on their faces that they're like, "what in fuck are we doing?"

>>55429697

I don't play Parfait (see above), but I can see how an Outpost could work. The main problem in my eyes is that it's slow, but then again, it's Parfait; not really trying to end the game on turn 2. Worth pointing out that Outpost forces a sacrifice, so it could ostensibly work with Land Tax, just not as well as the Diamond.

Apropos of nothing much, anybody here do much Commanding? I just found 14 copies of Approach of the Second Sun in the dollar box at the local. I figured it was a sign; gonna start tweaking for it.
>>
>>55428434
it sucks because you can't use it as part of tax/rax

I don't think nonbasics belong in parfait but you can make a case for a few dual lands or crystal veins
>>
>>55434873

As a 1-2 of utility land, sure, maybe? I could see it with some testing, cut a plain or two. But the anon was asking if it can replace mox diamond, which it is a garbage replacement for. A problem with parfait is your curve, most of the big hosers or enchantments that keep you safe are 4 mana, when most of the time you want to be running at only around 2 lands. You want to be able to slam a land and mox diamond In the same turn to shift from filtering through your deck and take a more active role. Outpost doesn't give you that extra mana up that you actually want to have at that point, it'll just keep you where you were.
>>
should you pretty much always mulligan a parfait hand without a land tax?

I feel like it's impossible to recover without landing it on turn one
>>
>>55434873
Sorry to tell you but I think it's photshopped. I was joking. Here's the original:
http://www.strettoweb.com/2017/08/lipari-continuano-i-controlli-dei-carabinieri-arrestato-59enne-trovato-in-possesso-di-droga-nome-foto-e-dettagli/588179/
>>
>>55435876
Drug bust, if you don't read italian.
>>
Is the legendary planeswalker rule update relevant for legacy besides meme gideon decks?
>>
>>55435876

The look on my face says, "what in fuck am I doing?"

Still an awesome pic. Saved.

>>55436000

Oops, All Jaces!
>>
File: opt.jpg (35KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
opt.jpg
35KB, 265x370px
Does instant speed make this a contender vs preordain?
>>
>>55438125

Opt is a reprint, its already legal in Legacy. If you need to ask that question then no. It might be better for very specific decks.
>>
>>55438125
I think the fact that preordain can see 1 more card makes opt worse, regardless of when you can cast it.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.