[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pantheon and on and on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1453256220490.jpg (159KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
1453256220490.jpg
159KB, 1024x772px
Tell me about the gods, demons, etc, in your setting
>>
Cool thread OP, I'll wade in.
Gods themselves are unable to touch the world itself, they are however able to corrupt sentient beings into demon-like servants.
The Herald of the First Gods, for example; was considered a paragon of a man before he was sacrificed to them, after his corruption and conversion left him a bestial wreck the Herald was given Grismar; the fabled Mask of Fury, which plays off of it's wearer's self loath in order to make him a nearly unstoppable force. The flip-side of this is that he is also an allegorical figure, representing the corruption of mankind - as such it is impossible to kill him, as the Herald exists across all of time and space.
There's also a being known as the Hunt, who is a personification of entropy. It predates even the First Gods (Not!Great Old Ones).
>>
>>55381801
The gods have departed the world long ago after ordering it from primordial chaos. Now all of it is pretty mythological, to the point of many people believing in very distorted visions of the gods, or totally different ones, or not at all.
Still there are some who never got over it: their titanic child still grieve, sometime bitterly, some of their favoured servants the elves still wait their return or even for a way to bring them back, while some other elves felt so betrayed they renounced the gods and their teachings to became feral.
Some of the gods enemies' minions are still alive too, impotently plotting for revenge.

In the grand scheme of thing, it's mostly irrelevant. The gods did their grand work and left the world precisely so people can move on and do their own things and they mostly did. The few who still hold on to the divine era and its conflicts are wrong and literally from another time. The past is gone, there is no sealed ancient evil to unleash, no god will ever come back, the ancient secret orders are not really manipulating nations but are at best tools themselves. But it's not a bad thing, because the future is promising.
>>
>>55381801
The three types of deities in my setting are:

Natural gods (personifications of wide reaching and ultimatly inpersonal properties like energy, entropy, order, magic, gravity, time and space and so forth) They are utterly impersonal and only ever intent on keeping the universe on track in it's deterministic loop of big bangs and big crunches and keep going on a perfect loop forever.

Unfortunately for them emotions have their own weight that does not go away with the resets and instead lingers/grows to fuck up their deterministic universe by introducing unaccountable variables from the next group.

Gestalts (Litterally the chaos gods but with more of em and they're not all edgelords. there's a hate one, a love one, a confusion one, blah'd blah you've seen this song and dance before) They are charged up over time from emotion power siphoned and then spend it for effecting the world at large. They are a pain in the ass for the natural gods to clean up for because natural gods struggle with making headway into the realm of emotions and the more successful they are at preventing it's spread the more emotion power is just going to be welled up in the gestalt realm for their war.

The third god is litterally just the DM who is an omnipotent outsider in-setting and fucks around with important events.
>>
File: IMG_1247.jpg (488KB, 1200x1330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1247.jpg
488KB, 1200x1330px
>>55381801
I have made a god for friends setting. His name is Abbydarr and is the God of Nature and Balance. In terms of alignment he would be either true neutral or chaotic neutral, for he only follows the law of nature.
Abyddarr's realm is a giant forests that is inhabited by dire animals. He is said to be living in the center of this forest sitting in a giant stone in the middle of a lake.
He takes the form of a beastman, and admires those who are willing to keep a balance in nature if they are devoted to him. He often rewards followers with a tiny sapling from a tree in his realm as a sign of gratitude. But he also guides souls of people that has been claimed by nature
>>
File: im mad comic.png (150KB, 700x615px) Image search: [Google]
im mad comic.png
150KB, 700x615px
I don't have one. I get quite annoyed at myself that I don't even have the confidence or dedication to codify my ideas for a settings cosmology. It's only just that; ideas.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.