[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School Shooter Tabletop RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How, exactly, would you frame and do this as an RPG? What system would you use or would you create your own? Would it have fantasy elements at all? What period would you set it in?

Pic semi-related.
>>
I guess the classes would be jock nerd etc and that would decide your weapon of choice. I think the crux of the game should be how many kids you can shoot before the cops come.
>>
Ebin xDDD
>>
Would work as a board game / card game instead of an RPG unless you want to do something like that gang rape RPG.
>>
>>55374231
>shoot a bunch of kids
>get shot by the cops and die

>get shot by the crazed frogposter
fun game
>>
>>55374414

Nah, you could use it to explore the mentality of school shooters.

For example it could have a Positive / Negative Quality system to get more build points.

However Negative Qualities are things like:

>Has many friends at school
>Spends lots of time with

While Positive is:

>Emotionally distant
>Physically/emotionally abused (family, friends, classmates, teachers)
>>
>>55374231
GURPS, High-Tech is obviously a must.
>>
>>55374231

I recommend FATE, Savage Worlds, or Eclipse Phase.

Or D&D 4e. Really, any of these systems would be perfect and I suggest that you promote them heavily.
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (451KB, 1600x1164px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
451KB, 1600x1164px
>>55374462
I kinda like this idea.

but I feel it's flawed as a game, Where's the challenge. shoot kids, kids are kill.
Now what if we go battle royal on it.
you don't "want" to kill your class mates, but you "have" to.
exploding colours DM's the announcer. the whole shebang
>>
>>55374462

Of course as a baseline it would be impossible for your character to shoot someone in the first place without racking up a bunch of points through "Positive" Qualities.
>>
>>55374558

Nah, you can do that super easy with any system. If you are building a system where literally Negative Qualities allow your character to perform better in the core system then you gotta go whole hog with the artsy-fartsy exploration of the mentality.

Otherwise you could just run the game with Savage Worlds and have the exact same effect.
>>
>>55374617
I see, more of a
>"you lack the will to complete your task"
>"Befriending them was a mistake"

rather then battling their combat prowess.
>>
>>55374805

Nah, more of

>It takes a lot of shit going wrong to make a human kill another human
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.