[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rate my adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 9222730104_7840ddb9f1_b.jpg (407KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
9222730104_7840ddb9f1_b.jpg
407KB, 1024x683px
So, as a preface, this was written in the context of a Pathfinder adventure and starts with the PCs at lvl 1 and by the conclusion should hit lvl 3.

The plot is that one of the innkeepers at this particular settlement hates his job and feels he is stuck in a never-ending dead-end job. He's read stories that this one bard penned about fictional characters becoming heroes after a lich takes over the world (like a fantastical version of the walking dead) and wishes for that, but he knows jack diddly about necromancy so he's stuck. until he meets a sorceress who points out that Rabies can work just as well and the innkeeper knows quite a bit about alchemy. So he uses stray animals to refine a strain of super-rabies to unleash upon the kingdom so he can realize his dream of reinventing himself as some post-apocalyptic hero.

The party comes in about here. The Pc's are staying here and they get a talking to by the captain of the city guard, apparently everyone in that part of the city has gone insane and (either he's going to pay them to figure out what the heck happened because his own guards are spread too thin as it is trying to contain this, or so they can prove to him that they aren't responsible for this, depending on my mood). The innkeeper already skipped town but by investigating his inn (and talking to the few barmaids holed-up in the inn trying not to die) they will figure out what the innkeeper did.

At this point, assuming the party can pacify the crisis, the ruling lord will offer them a big-ass reward if they can bring him the innkeeper's head. so they travel to another city alluded to in his notes where they find more plague-spreading bullshit, more details about the mysterious sorceress, but also a safe-house out in the wilderness the innkeeper is hiding out in until his rabies plague spreads. party travels to said safe-house and final battle.

So as far as Adventure arcs go what does /tg/ think of mine?
>>
>The party comes in about here

Seems like the adventure is mostly about this innkeeper's story, and not there's. And, while super rabies are fun, his motivations are pretty convoluted.
>>
Pretty cool.

During the adventure put in stuff that connects to the innkeeper's backstory. Maybe the innkeeper wrote to the bard and they can figure this out. They can then visit the bard and get some details.

Same thing with meeting the sorceress.
>>
>>55372274

Yeah his motivation is a little lame but the players won't give too much a fuck about that. So long as it doesn't keep coming up or be central then it's all cool.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.