[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Bundle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Download.jpg (15KB, 386x130px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
15KB, 386x130px
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books?linkID=&mcID=102:59b8783be1b8298f4314adf8:ot:57b44cfe0dca63f1bdb1544a:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2017_09_13_warhammerrpg_bookbundle&linkID=&utm_content=cta_button

Humble Bundle deal, a lot of stuff for a good price.
>>
Related question: Is the stuff from the 1 dollar bundle enough to get a group of friends started, or do you need the game master pack/career compendium/bestiary/armoury from the 15/20 dollar bundles
>>
Never even knew this existed. Is it worth it?
>>
YXRDCUFTVGINOHJMKLPNJHOBIYVGFUTCRDUTFIUPNJIMPIH OUBYGIVFUTC7RDFRIBUOPJNIMOKJINPHUOBYGIVFUTCIMYVGUJN7URSMTKEFDYOMNHUVBDMFPKLT'GIONJBFHYUCDVSM'GKRAPSNHUVDCPYJ GMALR'KFNUSIHVCDPFANYTR'JGMKONBIZOJHFUPADMNSMF'KPUJHADP9JGMV'KCXNUJIHPUJGREM'FAKLSD;,VNHJUGIFSPVL,C
>>
>>55372033
Jusr download all shit
>>
>>55372517
where from tho
>>
>>55371131
Hey so I bought the 25 dollar bundle because charity and now I have a million books. Can I ask you guys which ones are adventure modules and what order should my group play them in, assuming they start with first level characters?
>>
>>55372528
http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>>
>>55372367
Did you fall asleep on your keyboard anon?
>>
Can anyone tell me if these are the updated versions that include FAQ/errata changes? I know there are multiple versions of the same books put out by BI, FFG, and the community. I just want to know which these are.
>>
>>55372033
Strictly speaking you only need the stuff in the $1 bundle to play the game. And not even that, just the core book in there is more than enough. However, the rest of the content in the bundle is all amazing and helps expand your games. I swear it's not necessary though
>>
>>55372040
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition (the books in the bundle) is widely considered one of the better RPGs ever produced. The later 40k games are all based on its system, which should give you an idea of its quality.

That said, it's a very very different game from DnD or Pathfinder. It's all about inequality. Most of your party will be dirt-farming peasants who will likely die quickly, and frequently. Death is permanent. Combat is deadly, you lose limbs and infection sets in with minor wounds, etc. It's also not uncommon for the party to have, say, a Knight of the Blazing Sun and the rest be filled out by Rat Catchers, Toll Keepers, and literal Peasants.

For $1 you can't go wrong. If I could find these books today physically I would pay full asking price, no question.
>>
>>55373923
$1 tier
>Core rulebook
>Plundered Vaults
Classic adventures and content from the 1st edition updated for the 2nd
>Ashes of Middenheim
Part 1 of an epic adventure, a great campaign and introduction to the universe and system
>Spires of Altdorf
Part 2 of said adventure

$8 tier
>Forges of Nuln
Part 3 of that adventure
>Karak Azgal
WHFRP is not about delving dungeons, but some players really like dungeon delving so this supplement lets you do that in a massive infested Dwarf hold
>Knights of the Grail
Sourcebook for the nation of Bretonnia (not!France/England). The core book covers the Empire (not!Germany), this book gives you all the details for Bretonnia, new classes (careers), lets you play a guy from Bretonnia, etc
>Barony of the Damned
Sourcebook for the Bretonnian province of Mousillon, which is evil and infested with vampires and worse. Also has a decent adventure inside it
>Terror in Talabheim
Mostly an adventure set in the city of Talabheim but also serves as a sourcebook for the Empire province of Talabecland.
>>
File: The Gathering Storm by Daarken.jpg (254KB, 931x700px) Image search: [Google]
The Gathering Storm by Daarken.jpg
254KB, 931x700px
>>55376552
>>55373923
$15 tier
>Old World Bestiary
Monster manual expanding on what's in the core book and the other supplements. Also has rules for combat ratings and make-your-own-gribblies
>Old World Armoury
Big ol compendium of weapons, armor, items, animals, etc. Lots of optional rules like item wear and equipment damage, new combat options, basic trading rules, etc
>Sigmar's Heirs
Sourcebook dedicated to The Empire. Not actually very good, lots of conflicting information and a poor editing job, but still somewhat useful
>Realms of Sorcery
Just like in 40k using magic is a Bad Idea (tm) and this book helps you understand that. Optional careers for magic users (and magic persecutors), greatly expanded magic rules and spell lists, new enemies, new rituals, etc. Plus, like most supplements, has a great mini-adventure in the back.
>Children of the Horned Rat
Total overhaul of the core system, this lets you play as (or against) the evil Skaven. Fun book, lots of great content, but you need the perfect group to run this kind of campaign
>Renegade Crowns
Full rules for creating and running your party's own kingdom!
>The WFRP Companion
Expanded trade rules, lots of other stuff I can't remember right now. Super useful, highly recommended
>Lure of the Liche Lord
Just like Karak Azgal, this one is a dungeon delve adventure, but with a not!Egypt theme instead of Dwarfs
>Night's Dark Masters
Vampire and Sylvania sourcebook. Vampires are so powerful that they kind of break the system a bit, so while it's a neat concept it doesn't really work very well.
>Realm of the Ice Queen
Kislev sourcebook. This is your not!Russia. I really dislike this book, its editing is bad, the information is frequently conflicting, etc. Still, worth skimming.
>>
File: Signs of Faith by daarken.jpg (194KB, 636x818px) Image search: [Google]
Signs of Faith by daarken.jpg
194KB, 636x818px
>>55373923
>>55376659
$20 tier
>WHFRP 1st edition core book
The second edition is based on this one. This was made early on in the Warhammer OOC history, so it's kind of weird compared to today. Half-elves, half-orcs, Dwarf wizards, etc. The tone is slightly different but many swear this is the best edition of the RPG. This is also the only book in the bundle that is NOT 2nd edition
>Tome of Corruption
Hugely expanded rules for Chaos, Chaos careers, adventures, mutant random generation tables, make-your-own-daemon, etc. Great book
>Tome of Salvation
The opposite of the previous book. All about religion and religious characters, lots of new careers, etc.
>The Thousand Thrones
One-book adventure. Never tried it or read it myself, but I vaguely remember hearing people dislike it
>Shades of Empire
All about various organizations within the Empire. Kind of a strange book.
>Career Compendium
Almost every supplement added new careers and this book combines all those in one place so you don't have to skip from book to book. Super useful, but if this is not the fan-edited version that is floating around it also has a few mistakes.
>Game Master's Pack
Alternate starting adventure that can be woven into the Paths of the Damned campaign, reference sheets, generic town descriptions, NPC generators, etc
>>
>>55376552
>>55376659
>>55376735
Cheers. I've never had a whole heap of adventure modules before. If we ever get a free session I'll run this for my group
>>
File: witchhunter.jpg (905KB, 1000x1344px) Image search: [Google]
witchhunter.jpg
905KB, 1000x1344px
>>55371131
can you choose to have all of the money you spend go to charity and none to Gee Dub?
>>
>>55377042
Yes.
They let you set out the proportions of your payment to the different parties involved. Just move the slider to the charity of your choice to 100%
>>
>>55377094
$20 bucks to the Red Cross then

and a nice and clean WFRP 1E corebook for me
>>
>>55376394
As far as I can tell the only change to this print is the replacement of FFG's logo with Cubicle 7's. If you have FFG's releases, they already include changes from the errata as far as I can tell (cross referencing a few examples from the errata with the books).
>>
Fuck yes, just got all of this.

I've never actually played it, but I've heard nothing but great things. So can someone actually give me an understanding of how the classes work, do I get to start as a squire because it's 'basic' then lists 'knight' and an exit/knight has squire as an entry so squire can branch into knight, which can branch into knight of the inner circle?
>>
>>55376452
>Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition (the books in the bundle) is widely considered one of the better RPGs ever produced

On what planet?

One of the best *settings* maybe, but not one of the best *games*.

That said, man this is a good set for a great price.
>>
>>55379347
Tg seem to be pretty fond of it
>>
>>55371131
Purchased yesterday when it posted.
I have all the books alreadt in print but this offer HAD to happen.

...and, yes, 2e is one of the best games I've ever played. Not much else comes close.
>>
>>55371131
Twenty bucks for 25 beautiful books and a GM kit for a wonderful game in pdf? Oh yes, that'll do nicely.
>>
>>55379347
Seconded.

>>55382051
/tg/ is fond of the setting, the adventures and the general brutality of it. Rule wise it's a less refined version of Dark Heresy 1st Edition, and we all know how bloated and janky that is.
>>
>>55376552
>>55376659
>>55376735

Fantastic, thanks friend-owl.
>>
>>55376394
Think I read somewhere that they worked the errata into most of the books.
>>
>>55372040
Yeah, WFRP 2nd was a very tabletop rp. If you've played Dark Heresy, it's more or less the same engine under the hood. The really special things about WFRP are the job and magic systems.
>>
Wow.

I am a RE-TARD

I paid the $1 thinking it was for the physical books.

Sigh. Oh well. Man I can just look at this stuff in the MEGA. In fact I already have it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.