[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I write a history for my character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ss (2017-09-13 at 06.57.08).png (1KB, 405x31px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-13 at 06.57.08).png
1KB, 405x31px
How do I write a history for my character?
>>
Try graduating high school first.
>>
Anything more complicated that two short paragraphs is overwrought, and two is pushing it.

Remember, the interesting stuff is supposed to happen to your character during the game. Not before it.
>>
Quality thread.
>>
File: Cuckoo_Chick_in_Nest.jpg (68KB, 446x628px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckoo_Chick_in_Nest.jpg
68KB, 446x628px
Pick a theme and run with it.
>>
>>55370543
Pretend you are your character. Think about how you got to where you are (lvl. 1 in setting) and met the people you're with (consider coordinating your backstory with another PC if in a group).
>>
>>55370543
It should tell how your character arrived to the point where they start at the beginning of the game. What kind of upbringing and education should cover most of that.
>>
>>55370601
I'd say this is only good if you are making a low level character, Higher leveled characters should have a more in-depth and interesting backstory.
>>
>>55370543
Write a sentence describing their personality.
Write a sentence describing how they got their skills/abilities/powers/gear/etc.
Write a sentence describing why they started adventuring/dungeoneering/heroing/etc.
Optional: Write a sentence describing why they didn't stop.

You now have your backstory.
>>
>>55371677

Best advice
>>
>>55370610

Better than your threads.
>>
>>55371677
This is pretty solid for a minimalist backstory; enough to cover the immediately important bits, while having enough to expand on in the future if you feel like it.

If it's relevant to the campaign, I might include:
A sentence about the environment/location you grew up in
A sentence about what individual(s) most impacted your life
A sentence about what you perceive to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses as an individual
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.