[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nagasaki said we can have one meta thread How do we fix /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 42

File: 1504396009777.png (960KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
1504396009777.png
960KB, 1280x913px
Nagasaki said we can have one meta thread

How do we fix /tg/?
>>
>>55368382
More loli threads to drive out normies
>>
>>55368382
Zero tolerance policies against real politics. Discussing fictional politics is fine, but if you want to be a political philosopher you can go elsewhere.

Also, a community-based agreement to ignore bait and troll posters, starting with the one above me.
>>
File: IMG_3237.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3237.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
>>55368382
We have to kill it.
>>
>>55368447
>asking for downboats
Why not just go to reddit, then?
>>
As much as I enjoy the game? Purge the 40k generals as soon as they hit critical shitposting mass. That's usually about 30 posts in.
>>
>>55368408
Why would you want to drive out yourself?
>>
>>55368382

Leave it be.
>>
>>55368447
>Zero tolerance policies against real politics.

>"Hey guys, how do I into conservative republic for my setting?"
>"Well, during the Thermidor Reaction...." [USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
>>
File: El_Saco_de_Roma.jpg (337KB, 1896x1317px) Image search: [Google]
El_Saco_de_Roma.jpg
337KB, 1896x1317px
>>55368382
One thing I've noticed over the last 2 years is drop in number of image replies. From my observations on other boards and mostly in active /vg/ threads such trend correlates with stagnation and following death of the threads. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I suck cocks but it looks this way.
>>
>>55368447
I'd like that too, but being able to compare real world stuff to fictional stuff is really useful.
I'd say zero tolerance against real, modern politics.
>>
>>55368408
this
>>
>>55368498
Sorry, I'd rather preserve the fictional worldbuilding part of /tg/. The historical discussions that aren't specifically about alternate history settings can go to /his/.
>>
>>55368521
That was the implication, yeah. I didn't mean all politics throughout history, just the kind that makes the board into a mess. If someone can't figure out the difference, I don't know what to tell them.
>>
>>55368447
>>55368521

There should be a zero tolerance policy against retards, which the two of you represent.
Yeah lets not ever talk about politics, a topic that /tg/ has ALWAYS been steering of into since its fucking inception in 2008.

You two are proof how reddit is shitting up this board, get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1496689139870.png (135KB, 327x771px) Image search: [Google]
1496689139870.png
135KB, 327x771px
More Cestree.
>>
>>55368533
Fictional worldbuilding without any reference to reality in one way or another is... well, ungrounded. It makes discussing the politics of a fictional setting utterly impossible.

What /tg/ needs isn't MORE gutting of content. If we go down that path we'll only be left with a slow moving /pfg/ and /5eg/ because the rest has been banished/moved to separate boards. Until generals are banned of course.

Seriously, if /pol/ dropping the occassional redpill hurts your sphincter so much you can go to GiantITP forums and virtue signal all you want there.
>>
>>55368447
>Discussing fictional politics
You can't discuss fictional politics without bringing up real world history and as a result real politics. We had interesting threads about fictional geography and politics like 'what if Atlantis as a landmass existed' but they boil down to our knowledge of real world to create believable world of fiction.
>>
>>55368555
I can't even tell what you're saying.
>>
>>55368555
>a topic that /tg/ has ALWAYS been steering of into since its fucking inception in 2008.

/tg/ being good DESPITE something is very different from it being good BECAUSE of something.

People have been shitposting and trolling here forever. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be discouraged.
>>
>>55368566

>More pathetic worshipping of a talent-less whore

Well baited
>>
>>55368625
Can a toon even have actual talent?
>>
>>55368447
>thinking that you can separate fictional politics off from real politics analogies
my oh my, what a stupid faggot you are
>>
>>55368498
>>55368521
I think thats what they meant, no discussing modern politics, or falling for thinly veiled attempts at political bait, but discussing real life historical events relevant to in-universe events would be perfectly acceptable. No one really wants another thread thats just bitching and moaning about politics in RPGs, but a thread asking about how to adapt elements of the Genpei War into L5R or make a Dwarf kingdom based on merchant city-state Venice would be interesting and relevant.
>>
>>55368447
>Zero tolerance policies against real politics
I give my vote to this.

Real-world politics, racism, and religious hate have no place here.
>>
File: 1504197279791.png (211KB, 432x733px) Image search: [Google]
1504197279791.png
211KB, 432x733px
>>55368625
I think we could use a lot less of the bitterness you represent, and more of the genuine love for games she represents.
>>
>>55368382
How is it broken?
>>
>>55368657
You could take the time to explain why you think what he's asking is unreasonable, instead of shitting on the floor.
>>
>>55368382
Start a separate board for Warhams, so that 40kids can shit it up with their "what if [thing from another franchise] was in 40k" threads without annoying any adults.
>>
The only "problem " /tg/ has is idiots not being able to ignore things they don't like.
>Oh, no someone said something poitical
Report for off-topic, ignore, and move on. Or learn to live with it. Text on a screen isnt going to hurt you any.
>Quest shitposting.
There will always and forever be quest-related shitposting. See above.
>>
>>55368686
Of course, but if political posts were systematically deleted there would be less idiots answering them.
>>
>>55368686
>Report for off-topic
It doesn't work, shit doesn't get deleted, shit appears again.
>>
>>55368731

Then the solution is to enforce the rules we have, rather than creating new rules which will be as unenforced as the current ones, leading to more salt, butthurt, and tears from those who feel aggrieved about their inconsistant application.
>>
>>55368773
I'd rather make a statement than simply shove everything into the off-topic closet. Modern political shitmongering is a crux, if not THE crux of the problem. Denial of the fact is just pointless waffling
>>
>>55368447
>zero tolerance for anything
Fuck no. /tg/ is best when it is off topic and when the mods turn a blind eye to it, and I'm not risking that for anything.
>>
>>55368773
The idea is to create a sense of importance and urgency, to prioritize politics-spam as a threat to the board's health. That can get it weeded out more efficiently.

This is why we have moderation in the first place: The worst offenses need to be removed quickly to minimize the detrimental impact they have on our experience. If we have real-world politics flaming here every day, that's energy we're spending on unnecessary acidity and hatefulness instead of traditional games discussion.
>>
>>55368773
Rules are useful because people follow them. Clearer rules make it so people who refuse to follow them can be safely banned.
>>
>>55368684
/tg/ is and was literally made for 40k. It's its board. I don't even like it. Everything in it looks stupid as fuck. Still literally theirs though.
>>
File: _.png (170KB, 774x434px) Image search: [Google]
_.png
170KB, 774x434px
Fuck off /r9k/
>>
>>55368447
Here's a thought. Don't ban politics outright, but ban western politics. That allows us to still talk about historical politics, and other things that don't cause flamewars.
>>
>>55368447
If you want this kind of a space, go to giantitp. It does what you want, and it's fucking horrible.
>>
>>55369008
>Don't ban all politics outright, but ban controversial politics
FTFY
>>
File: 1108364824340.jpg (80KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1108364824340.jpg
80KB, 400x240px
>>55368773
I gotta confess here.
I unintentionally derailed a filename thread by making a brief tangent to something related to social issues. I tried steering it back but it got out of control and I was half-assed in my attempts. Nobody was posting images and instead it was a mess. I'm surprised nothing happened to me or the thread. I wouldn't even mind getting banned for it at the time, though it's probably too late to punish me now.
By the least give out warnings next time in case I do this again because I'm trying to cut politics (cancer) out of my life. The environment of current events is already a quagmire.
>>
>>55368773
>Then the solution is to enforce the rules we have
/tg/ would be almost completely empty if we were really strict about the few rules we have.
>>
>>55369008
Or keep it pre-1990, or even pre-2001. That'd limit the worst of it.
>>
File: 1475949034314.jpg (97KB, 807x693px) Image search: [Google]
1475949034314.jpg
97KB, 807x693px
>>55368447
>zero tolerance for X
>community-based agreement on Y
>on 4chan
No, everything should be equally valid. More moderation would lead to redditification of the board, which already has a high enough ratio of prudes and normalfags to justify the nickname "/d/ lite/
>>
File: 1501493606951.jpg (129KB, 700x455px) Image search: [Google]
1501493606951.jpg
129KB, 700x455px
>>55368909
>to prioritize politics-spam as a threat to the board's health
The problem is only half of it gets deleted. You can go to archive and find deleted political posts. Know what they have in common? Most of them don't belong to mainstream American politics. I don't say it means they are good but the other half of the shitstorm which usually derails threads in the first place doesn't get touched at all. You can ask for stricter priorities on politics-spam as much as you want, as long as one side gets special treatment and gets spared from punishment this spam won't go anywhere. All shitposts are equal but some are more equal than others.
>>
Ignoring bait would be enough, but it's a user problem that extra moderation won't solve. /pol/ vs anti/pol/ slapfights happen because instead of ignoring and reporting when someone posts really fucking obvious bait like WE for some reason people will sperg out and create the attention loop the baiting poster wanted.
>>
>>55368990
>/tg/ is and was literally made for 40k.

This is an old lie made up by 40kids without any proof. It's all just them exaggerating how important they thought their WW threads were, and should never be taken seriously.
>>
>>55369102
While I agree with the ideals of laissez faire moderation, that only works when there's a sense of community and enough agreement between participants to get rid of undesirables. That's how 4chan has always worked, but now it can't, because there's too many undesirables to realistically coordinate the good eggs.

Now, if you're literally arguing for no social moderation at all, you don't know where you are. This is 4chan, where anonymity makes it so social experiments are the norm. It's not a free-for-all. Everything in it socializes you to behave a certain way. That's why newfags get shit on.
>>
>>55368893
I don't think you belong on this board.
>>
>>55369043

Remember when mods deleted Dwarf Fortress and Star Trek threads for being off topic? That was nearly the death of /tg/.
>>
>>55369209
I don't think you do, redditor.
>>
Ban anyone who uses the words 'pedo', 'degenerate', 'Reddit'. Also delete system-war posts. I can't even count the number of threads arguing about what system is 'better'.

Also strict application of global rule #3
>>
>>55369240
Do you think the board is going to suddenly keel over and die without Trump-spam?
>>
>>55369209
Off topic crap has been bread and butter of /tg/ since forever
>>
>>55369240
Dwarf Fortress is a videogame. There are already boards to discuss videogames.
Star Trek "belongs " here insofar as the tabletop games and miniatures. Any discussion about anything not directly related to that has other places to be discussed.
>>
>>55369102
>everything is equally valid on 4chan
Hah, no. Shit already gets deleted or autosaged because it rustles some cucks jimmies. Shits never been equal on 4chan and never will be.
>>
>>55369287
/tg/ being good DESPITE something is very different from it being good BECAUSE of something.

People have been shitposting and trolling here forever. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be discouraged.
>>
>>55369255
Fuck off, pedo Reddit degenerate
>>
Would be kinda of cool if the thread OP had the power to moderate their thread

But that would probably lead to a greater echo chamber than we already have.

Also, generals, especially /pfg/, would be chaos.
>>
>>55369338
>/tg/ being good DESPITE something is very different from it being good BECAUSE of something.
Yeah? And you can say for sure offtopic crap hasn't been more helpful than harmful?
>>
>>55368408
i hate normies but also loli, i am conflicted
>>
>>55369369
Easily.
>>
>>55369338
And /tg/ is good BECAUSE of its off-topic tradition (one of the reasons anyway), not despite it.
>>
>>55369338
So tell me something, now that the board is more-or-less focused on staying on topic, can you honestly tell me that the board is better off than it was back when everything was relevant?

Because I'd rather have a stupid thread going on about how to create a Castle Crashers campaign using E6 rules than the millionth fucking "we hate D&D" thread that has been posted nonstop for the past few months.
>>
>>55369448
Can you show us your data which lets you state that so easily?
>>
>>55368382
We can't, even if the earlier detrimental actions were now revoked, the damage already done is irreversible.
On the bright side the place might eventually get bad enough to actually make us quit.
>>
>>55369468
And of course the new classic 'Ruling is hard' threads
>>
>>55369288
>Dwarf Fortress is a videogame.
Depending on who you ask, so's D&D, Shadowrun, and Vampire: the Masquerade. In fact, it'd be easier to list tabletop games that didn't branch out into other forms of media than the ones that stayed purely tabletop.
>>
>>55369355
Generals would be impossible because people would make multiple threads just to reign over them.
>>
>>55369492
God I fucking hate those, especially the ones that basically boil down to "if you have something higher than an 9 for your best stat, you're a minmaxer who deserves to fellate a gas pipe."

Like really fucker?
>>
Removing /pol/ from 4chan would vastly improve the quality of the rest of the site.
>>
>>55369288
>Dwarf Fortress is a videogame.
Dwarf Fortress is more /tg/ than you dumb post, fucko. Same for Star Trek.
>>
>>55369468
How is a castle crashers campaign using e6 offtopic?
>>
>>55369468
>how to create a Castle Crashers campaign using E6 rules
That's on-topic.
>>
>>55369509
Yeah, that's why I said they'd be chaos, especially /pfg/ which has had six simultaneous threads at once because they couldn't agree on the OP image or question.

I image 2hu/collette/earth retard would have his own private general, all to himself.
>>
>>55369498
What? There's difference between tabletop franchises having videogames and fantasy base-building simulator vidya being considered tabletops.
>>
>>55369536
>>55369542
Nope, it's off topic because you're talking about a video game under the guise of discussing a tabletop game, which is against the rules.

At least, according to NAZImod from back in the day when threads were being deleted left and right for not being /tg/ enough.
>>
Ban op and fp.
>>
File: IMG_1614.jpg (186KB, 701x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1614.jpg
186KB, 701x1000px
This is pretty much entirely because there's nobody making OC outside the dedicated art threads anymore. All the artists who would spontaneously commemorate a good story or funny rules observation with fanart left for different places years back, and all the new artists already have their own spaces on the internet they stick to.

There's a lack of the spontaneous drive to create that drove the more memorable discussions back then. All the art is cloistered in exactly two threads (Drawfag and Towergirls), all the writing is contained to exactly three threads (The Jumpchain COYA, "That Guy" threads that basically function as generals, and the Worldbuilding thread). Outside of a few dedicated projects with dedicated generals the OC creators never leave, there's no more drive to add onto other people's ideas, expand on their mythologies, or solidify them as part of the board. Nothing organically grows as part of the board's culture any more, in the same way a character like Noh did.

I don't think there's really a way to fix it anymore. I don't think the board is dead, or unusable, but the way the board is formatted and creative projects work these days is antithetical to the sort of open, collaborative, spontanious drive we used to have, and I honestly don't have think we even have the population to do it again these days.
>>
>>55369562
Even if there was a difference, the differences would be purely arbitrary because tabletop is not that big of a niche to where you can't find any overlap with other forms of media.

I saw card games for fucking 007 anon, and Monopoly is always printing special edition boards based off of Mario and shit.
>>
>>55369524
Nah
>>
>>55369572
Okay, if there's no actual discussion about converting mechanics to e6, then sure it's off-topic, but you didn't mention that in your original response.

Who the fuck wants castle crasher threads, honestly? Off-topic stuff is fine if it's good but fuck off with that shit. What a retarded example
>>
>>55369524
This.

People act like /pol/ getting axed would cause it to spill into the rest of the site, and it probably would for a while. Then they'd get tired of it and leave.

>inb4 "you just don't want to hear opinions you don't like"
It's not even a matter of /pol/ having opinions I don't like, everything about /pol/ is cancer. Right-wing, left-wing, every facet of /pol/ is terrible and precludes any form of common sense in favor of rampant shitposting.
>>
>>55368382
>How do we fix /tg/?
By filling it with quality on-topic content, not by banning everything off-topic.
People don't want to talk about on-topic, well, topics only because the level of discussion in regards to them is usually bottom tier trash.
Make on-topic threads interesting, and people will talk about on-topic subjects.
>>
>>55369609
>Who the fuck wants castle crasher threads, honestly
The anons in the thread, obviously.
>>
i like quickened spell the most
>>
>>55369609
Do you have the reading comprehension of a dead chimpanzee? How did you even reach that conclusion based on what I wrote?

Be honest.
>>
>>55369624
I wouldn't mind. Honesty.
>>
>>55369468
>Castle Crashers campaign using E6 rules

That's ontopic.

>"we hate D&D" thread

That's a different form of shitposting, and not really relevant to what we're discussing.

The issue with offtopic shitposting is that traditional games are very much a niche hobby. We're kind of outnumbered here if people decided to routinely spam offtopic threads here.

There's a lot of things I liked more about old /tg/. The drawfags not being cloistered together in the drawthread, writefags being encouraged to write things that were often only tangentially related to traditional games, and generally more love towards OC.

But, to say "Old /tg/ was better because of all the offtopic shitposting, machine spam, board raids, and twenty daily troll threads" is kind of ridiculous. As much as I dislike the current daily troll threads we have now, there's at least the benefit that there's fewer of them.

I personally don't believe in a "Zero Tolerance" policy. The occasional offtopic thread is alright, and it only becomes an issue if people try to routinely make the same offtopic thread or even to try and create an offtopic general or pseudo-general.
>>
>>55369598
Call me when Dwarf Fortress has a tabletop or a boardgame.
>>
>>55369572
If you want to convert a video game setting or some of the mechanics into tabletop it's on-topic. Of course if it's just a lazy attempt at talking about the video game itself, which is something that does happen, it should get deleted. Anon should be able to recognize this and point it out, since mods often don't read the threads or are knowledgable enough to judge.
>>
File: FREEDOM-1024x576.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
FREEDOM-1024x576.png
1MB, 1024x576px
>>55368382
Tell him to fuck off and continue everything as usual?
>>
>>55369288
>wanting to discus dwarf fortress on the cancer that is /v/
Sorry I want to have an actual discussion not random shit posting about consoles and Todd Howard.
>>
>>55369589
Legit, bring back /wst/. It'd draw those people back.
>>
>>55369524
>>55369613
I want people to be able to post politics on 4chan, but I don't want people to derail threads with politics on 4chan. The tankies and Aut-Right can take their shit to /pol/ and stay out everywhere else. Even if axeing /pol/ would not cause a spill-over it would remove a significant amount of traffic from the site.
All that needs to happen is slightly stricter moderation. Keep /pol/, but make sure that they are contained. They don't have to be contained as hard as /mlp/, but there should be more enforcement on blatant /pol/bait.
>>
>goblins are
>kitsune are
>thri-keen are
>orcs are
>elves are
>dwarves are
>neko are
>girl(boy)s are
>ultramarines are
>Skaven are
>>
>>55369675
Make a dwarf fortress solitaire card back. Then it'll technically be on-topic
>>
>>55369647
>The issue with offtopic shitposting is that traditional games are very much a niche hobby. We're kind of outnumbered here if people decided to routinely spam offtopic threads here.
Okay, and whose fucking fault is that? We have dozens of on-topic threads daily and they usually either die before hitting 150 posts or get derailed by /pol/shit and general shitposting by 3aboos who can't take a joke or valid criticism on their busted ass game.

People being too anal about things being on-topic has stagnated every single board that follows this philosophy, especially when one of the oldest tenets of 4chan is the fact that if you want to talk about something, you talk about anywhere BUT the board that's most related to the topic.
>>
gktoedngus

I don't get it.
>>
File: 1493710952626.jpg (49KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
1493710952626.jpg
49KB, 600x358px
/tg/ is one of the sanest boards here, and the only real annoyances are shit you really cant stop like false flagging and general trolling. Even then, you can watch /tg/ be the only board who can, at least alot of this time, still carry on a decent thread.

Only real improvement I'd like to see is maybe a mod learn to spot some /v/ or /pol/ spill over with the whole "sjw's are taking over!" shit. They are made to shit post and you know it. Unless its some major reveal like "Emp is retconned to be female" or somthing, then purge it.
>>
>>55369697
"Elves are" is the problem, the rest is just a reaction. I made some of them, fight me
>>
File: longmeme.jpg (320KB, 1000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
longmeme.jpg
320KB, 1000x5000px
/tg/ will never be fixed because /tg/ is to easy to troll. Fa/tg/uys are literally incapable of not-replying to bait.

pic related
>>
>>55369688
No it wouldn't. /wst/ was mostly just idea guys and really, really, really shitty writers, with very few drawfags. And, it was a board-wide embarrassment, not a draw for anyone except uppity /d/enizens that thought they were too good for /d/.
>>
>It's okay if it's tangentially related to /tg/
So can we all admit that "Towergirls" and "Jumpchain COYA" are threads that have literally nothing even remotely relevant to do with the board and and we only keep them around as a legacy thing
>>
>>55369659
Call me when D&D stops getting video game releases.
>>55369666
>Actually wanting the mods to get involved in board culture.
Nice try Satan, but that's how we got into this mess in the first place.
>>
>>55369697
>green
>for death
>underused
>dindus
>for lewd
>overused
>for purging
>depends on the system
>the imperiums golden boys
>for 40k
>>
File: 1504549223805.jpg (598KB, 1920x2739px) Image search: [Google]
1504549223805.jpg
598KB, 1920x2739px
>>55369722
We are unpurgeable, mortal
>>
>>55369714
Holy shit. Can you start wearing a trip? You sound like you need to get permanently banned, and it would probably take less than a week for that to happen to you.
>>
>>55369726
Maybe not /wst/ itself, but lewd in general coming back might not be the worst thing.
>>
>>55369688
If the only creativity this board was capable of was smut and its absence is causing all creativity on /tg/ to die off then maybe that's for the best, honestly.
>>
>>55369759
>You disagree with me
>So you deserve to be perma-banned!
Your kind is why /tg/ is a barren wasteland and if there's anyone who deserves to get banned, it's the fun police who make it their solemn duty to make the board as stagnant as humanly possible for the sake of maintaining a few shitty rules.

Congrats, you are lawful-stupid given form and agency.
>>
>>55369755
Tranny Emperor?
>>
>>55369763
You mean OC lewd, or just anons fap-posting about monsters? Because we have the latter.
>>
>>55369722
Recent /pol/ stuff spilling over has been a problem for all boards. What is actually causing it is it the massive surge they got from r/thedonald that think all of 4chan is on their side?
>>
>>55369589
>>55369647
>drawfags
>writefags
Fuck "OC" and fuck "content creators." They've always been shitty pseudo-tripfags that develop cults of personality the second they make something significant and immediately make every thread a circle jerk about their pretty pictures as soon as they show up. Artists suck. We don't need them back.

The board is fine, shut the fuck up. Your precious good old days when people would draw your Thri-Keen waifu unprompted are gone. Go to tgchan if you want to hang out with all your favorite artfags again.
>>
>>55369730
The most recent DnD videogame released is a virtual boardgame. On-topic.

And I don't even like DnD. Look what you make me do
>>
>>55369814
No, she is the Goddess-Empress
>>
>>55369836
Wouldn't this scenario make all primarchs and marines female?
>>
File: I pity the dead.jpg (43KB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
I pity the dead.jpg
43KB, 600x678px
>>55369722
>>55369755
>>55369814
>>55369836
>>55369853
>we can't stay on-topic, even in a thread about staying on-topic
God, I love /tg/ so much.
>>
>>55369853
No, but it would make Primarch creation process much easier
>>
File: 983984.png (52KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
983984.png
52KB, 700x700px
>>55369763
The problem was never with "Lewd in General", but "Lewd Generals."

I like lewd stuff. Some of the better threads in the past were just short silly lewd jokes. But, the problem with the Lewd Generals and the ERP/WST/Magical Realm crew is that they don't know how to treat lewd things with moderation or as a joke, and they would figure out how to push things well past the cringe-point and still keep going until any humor was dead and gone.

Lewd never really left /tg/, it's just that you can't make a lewd post anymore without attracting the worst kind of people to it.
>>
>>55369819
maybe people need to just not form cliques around them? Or artists shouldn't do anything but post art.

see: ninedots in /vg/'s /dfg/. Posts great stuff, never talks ever about anything (as far as anyone can tell). No trip either.
>>
>>55369819
Put on a trip. You are a human cancer.
>>
>>55369878
Not really the Emperor could breed normally but they were not Primarchs they were sensei, Primarchs needed more to be made, and the excuse they had wave a lot is that the reason they are all male is that they are made using direct dna from Big E so they need to be male and marines are the same as their Primarchs are male.
>>
>>55369818
This post is perfect example why political-spam is not contained. It pretends to be innocent while in reality it's a full-blown political derail.
>>
>>55369392
If you hate lolis, then you are a normie.
>>
>>55369808
You are shitposter not just in action but in heart and personality. If you honestly believe you would not get banned because you genuinely believe you are not just the worst kind of shitposter, prove me wrong. Start wearing a trip, and we'll see how long before people start calling for you to be banned from this board forever.
>>
>>55369819
>The board is fine, shut the fuck up.
Is it really?

Because looking at the catalog, the amount of threads that have over 150 posts can be counted on one hand, anything that isn't D&D, MtG, WH40k sinks to the bottom of the catalog, and we've been having the same "we hate D&D" thread for the past few months, that have consistently reached bump limit more often than not.

I mean, even /v/ can scrounge up more discussions in an afternoon than we do in a week.
>>
>>55369465
>HURF DURF HOW MANY MARBLES WOULD THULSA DOON NEED TO SHOVE UP HIS ASS TO GET ALL THE BITCHES
What ever would we do without such quality threads.
>>
>>55369824
Nope, still a video game.

You're only one step removed from talking about roll20 shit.
>>
>>55369819
This. Being a "content creator" always seemed like an excuse to make a name for yourself on an anonymous image board, so I don't miss them.

It may not be a popular opinion, but in nine years here I've found that as soon as a "writefag" or a "drawfag" gains any degree of notoriety they immediately spawn a shitty cult of personality, and something like that goes against the spirit of the board in the same way a tripcode does. I get that everyone misses the funny meme artists who would draw comics for the monthly funny meme character we'd all come up with, but artists and writers have always been the most attention whoring part of any board's "board culture." The only reason we miss ours so much is because we let them become such a central part of board culture before they got kicked out.

People will tell you all about how the nazimod ran out our precious artist, but they forget to mention where you can find those exact same people these days: tgchan. Tumblr. Furaffinity. Look at those places and decide for yourself if we need that back here.

Decide if you really want another "/tg/ Unified Setting" train wreck, another "Love Can Bloom," or more Sergals.

Hell, look at what the content creators that still float around here make: do we actually want more "Towergirls?" another "Disney Villains Victorious?" More fucking Cestree comics?

"Content creators" suck.
>>
>>55369939
Hmn... I wonder if that has anything to do with the significantly higher population /v/ has?
>>
>>55369939
>the same "we hate D&D" thread for the past few months, that have consistently reached bump limit more often than not.

That's literally because of three people that routinely bump those threads. If the mods just stopped playing around and banned them, the threads would fall away with only a few "You're a faggot, OP" posts.
>>
>>55368408
More normie threads to drive out lolifag scum
>>
>>55369102
Furfags welcome? Fuck off newfriend
>>
>>55369498
>discuss Shadowrun the vidya on /v/
>discuss Shadowrun the TTRPG on /tg/
Wow, so hard.
>>
File: marbles.png (356KB, 2125x3731px) Image search: [Google]
marbles.png
356KB, 2125x3731px
>>55369952
We'd all grow to be as bitter as you.
>>
>>55369960
>More fucking Cestree comics?

Yes? Both figuratively and literally?
>>
>>55369931
but i like big girls, really big girls
>>
>>55368382
Maybe stiop driving out people who have what you consider badwrongfun?

I get it, I really do, those jocks must have fucked up your heads, but driving other nerds out of your safe space just hurts the board in the long run.
>>
>>55368382
>How do we fix /tg/?
Allow quest threads to return to this board.

We can keep /qst/, but /tg/ was better when we had quest threads on this board.
>>
>>55368555
>blatant lies
>>
>>55369932
Why would I wear a trip just to satisfy your victim complex?
>>
Remove the /d/lite scum and the board instantly becomes a thousand times better. That includes Tower girls.
>>
>>55369962
It's a combination of a higher population and /v/ being more lax when it comes to off-topic shit than /tg/ is.
>>55369964
If that was true then there wouldn't be 50-100 unique IP's in each of those threads.
>>
>>55369960
Hello. I'm a content creator.

I've written dozens of stories for /tg/. All anonymously. And, a fair amount of them have gotten screencapped, plussed into the hundreds on suptg, and some have even found their way onto Reddit where they've been upvoted to the top of the game stories subreddits. A precious few of my stories are considered /tg/ classics, and continue to be reposted even though some of them were written close to a decade ago.

And, frankly, what upsets me is that in part I agree with you. I think people should write and make stuff anonymously on 4chan, because it prevents a cult following, and makes people judge each work for itself, rather than its creator.

But, what makes me disagree with you is that aside from being a writer, I'm also an artist. Not a good one, but I did try to draw for /tg/.

And you hate me for it. What the fuck.

I didn't sign my work, but I can't exactly change my style. And, when you draw enough, people will inevitably give you a name, even if you never adopt one yourself. And, perhaps irrationally, people start to hate you the more they see you, the more they recognize you, because that's part of some people's nature.

You made me want to stop drawing for /tg/.

Perhaps not you, but your mindset. Not just yours though, but one shared by many people, myself included. My instinctual mindset, the mindset that I would have fallen into forever if I hadn't been on the other side of it. The mindset that makes you hate people who try to stick out from the crowd, to hammer any nail taller than the rest.

Drawing isn't easy. It requires inspiration, and /tg/ was an inspiration. But the huge amount of negativity towards any content creators really wasn't apparent to me until my art allowed people a chance to focus their negativity somewhere. I'm certain that if I wrote all my stories with a name, people would only remember the worst of my stories and hate me for them, rather than reposting the good ones.
>>
>>55369999
This man speaks the truth also checked.

>>55370008
>remove an old /tg/ staple because some anons are prudes
You speak falsehoods.
>>
>>55369984
Every big girl was loli once. So by liking big girls you like lolis in an alternative way.
>>
>>55369969
And what if I want to talk about the setting?
>>
>>55369914
>Primarchs needed more to be made
If we go with regular fluff then Primarchs have different biology than humans and Emperor. Primarchs are living Astartes organisms, born and grown with all the additional organs humans receive as implants when Marines are created. Yes, Big E used his perfect DNA to make them but he engineered new organs which his body didn't have. He could've created girls (he has one X chromosome anyway, he only needed to duplicate it) or boys if he wanted.
>>
>>55369960
>People will tell you all about how the nazimod ran out our precious artist, but they forget to mention where you can find those exact same people these days: tgchan. Tumblr. Furaffinity.
Finally someone fucking says it. Take a serious look at where the content creators of old ran off to, and where the content creators of today fester, and tell me if you seriously want that kind of person being the ones that decide your "board culture"
>>
>>55369984
And? You don't have to hate lolis to like big grills. But it's a proven fact normalfags are allergic to lolis and thus can't stand their presence
>>
>>55369725
Actually, nu/tg/ can't ignore bait. All the ones who could got chased off because they had badwrongfun and ignored bait.
>>
>>55369819
Agree with this guy, though his tone is rude.
>>
>>55370017
Those 50 unique IPs are what happens when OP and his two friends keep fishing and fishing. Those threads get necromanced routinely, and typically take days before they reach the bump limit.
>>
>>55370026
that is the weirdest logic ever, but whatever, seriously i cant barely get a boner if the girl is under 6,6 and less than an f cup
>>
>>55370022
>plussed into the hundreds on suptg, and some have even found their way onto Reddit
Then fuck off to reddit for your precious epeen points you humblebragging faggot
>>
>>55370005
>I know i'm a shitposter

Glad you admitted it, even if you don't think you did.
>>
>>55370025

>>
>>55370025
You know what else was a /the/ staple for a while? Tau diaper porn. Should we bring that back too?

What about quests? Those were here since the birth of this board yet they're gone.
>>
File: 1505010332698-tg.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1505010332698-tg.png
263KB, 420x420px
>>55368447
Reddit go away and stay gone.

If you don't like what some anon posts, then just ignore it. That's what smarter faggots have been doing since the beginning. /Tg/ has also had some of its best threads through derailment. There's a reason we have this saying "You don't even need any other boards".

If you want moderation, then go back to rpgnet or giant on the sandbox or whatever the fuck it's called.
>>
On a smaller note how do we fix the constant shitposting arguments about chaos that inevitably shows up in every 40k thread?
>>
>>55370086
>People have been shitposting and trolling here forever. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be discouraged.
And 'off topic' doesn't means 'shitposting'
>>
>>55370033
If it's anything outside of the direct plot to the games or something relating to the direct plot of the games, it probably belongs here.
>>
>>55370052
>necromanced
This isn't a forum moron, you can't necro a goddamn thread.
>>
>>55370008
>/d/lite
/d/lite used to mean monster girls threads and tendency towards mild sexual deviations when monster girl were considered /d/ territory and were posted there.
>>
>>55369755
I'd hit it.
>>
>>55370071
I'm sorry, where did I admit to anything? Can you wear a trip so I know when to hide your shitposting for future reference?
>>
File: 1463875740170.jpg (60KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1463875740170.jpg
60KB, 706x706px
Majority of people who post here never even held a die in their hand,let alone played a RPG,wargame or tabletop.Faggots already treat this place like"escapism:the board" or "fantasy/sci-fi".It's beyond saving.
>>
>>55370129
Monster girls are mainstream now so I'm not sure what he is mad about.
>>
>>55370096
Stop liking the flaming trash heap that is 40K
>>
>>55370164
>Monster girls are mainstream now
i wish they werent, causes normies to notice, fucking normies REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>55370098
It kinda does. No matter how LE EBIN XDDDD you think a thread about shoving things up your ass is, it doesn't belong on the board.
>>
>>55370052
Can you prove that? Kek
>>
>>55370127
What term would you prefer for bumping a thread at the bottom of the catalog just to keep it from falling off?
>>
>>55370125
The games follow roughly the same continuity though, so we're still in the same position we were a moment ago.
>>
>>55370164
He is probably a newfag who fights against long gone things meaning of which he doesn't understand. Maybe a redditor on puritan crusade too.
>>
>>55370189
It's called "bumping" you fucking muppet!
>>
>>55369808
/Thread
>>
>>55370181
>It kinda does.
Nah and right now I'm going to measure your cock gobbling skills with my superior Tarot divination techniques.
>>
>>55370150
There was a thread some time ago where people could confess that they don't play traditonal games. It was scary.
>>
>>55370194
>A valuable opinion of a newfag.
>>
File: He's_right_you_know.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
He's_right_you_know.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>55369808
>>
>>55370235
I didn't say your opinion is valuable
>>
>>55370203
Bumping is more generic and lacks the negative connotation of necromancing. Any post bumps a thread.
>>
>>55370190
Not really.
>general setting talk
/tg/
>discussion directly related to the games
/v/

Quit trying to overcomplicate things so you can justify your faggy FOTM anime discussion thread disguised as """setting discussion"""
>>
>>55370052
>necromanced
You fucking retard.
>>
Rolled 5, 15, 8 = 28 (3d22)

>>55370224
>>
File: reward.jpg (88KB, 680x616px) Image search: [Google]
reward.jpg
88KB, 680x616px
>>55369808
>>
>>55370250
Of course you didn't.
>>
>>55370216
>>55370242
>>55370336
>samefagging this hard and showing how butthurt you are

You really need to put on that trip.
>>
>>55370224
>doesn't actually back up his position
>just tries to insult people instead
>doesn't even back up his insults with the tarot divining he claims he'll do
See, this is why people call you shitposters
>>
File: Untitled 2.jpg (48KB, 952x306px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.jpg
48KB, 952x306px
>>55370361
2/10
>>
>>55368382
We get rid or 1d4chan that should fix something.
>>
>>55370290
>>55370181

Great Priest
Your drive to suck cocks comes desire to uphold moral laws. Cock worshipping is sacred duty passed down to you as you want to pass down to others. You are willingly do what is right.

Devil
Cock sucking is perverted pleasure for you. You were relucant to do it at first but then something ticked inside your brain, shedding your innocence before sweet perversion of the act. You probably looked for gloryhole to do it for the first time. Sucking cocks brings you perverted pleasure.

Chariot
You are a seeker on the path of perfecting blowjob techniques, seeking finese and triump at this art.

All things considered you should be amazing cock sucker.
>>
>>55370453
>We fix/update 1d4chan that should fix something.
ftfy
>>
File: 1505325014105.jpg (131KB, 952x306px) Image search: [Google]
1505325014105.jpg
131KB, 952x306px
>>55370404
Nice try.
>>
>>55370203
Necrobumps are a real problem with how /tg/ is no longer /tg/ but really /tgg/ traditional games generals
>>
File: 1502006914831.gif (394KB, 225x209px) Image search: [Google]
1502006914831.gif
394KB, 225x209px
>>55368408
Many loli threads: Board quality is good.
Few loli threads: Board quality is bad.
Coincidence? I think not.
>>55368447
Reddit pls. This post is proof loli is necessary for a board's youthful spirit and vitality.
>>
>>55370501
1/10
>>
>>55370271
>Any post bumps a thread.
Exactly, which is why you cannot necro a thread. Either it dies or it doesn't, which is why the idea that quests actually "killed off good threads" is such a laughable concept.
>>
>>55370287
How exactly do we distinguish one from the other when it's literally the same exact setting though? Also, you're the one overcomplicating matters by trying to distinguish Shadowrun: the tabletop from Shadowrun: the video game.
>>
File: Try again moron.jpg (34KB, 440x306px) Image search: [Google]
Try again moron.jpg
34KB, 440x306px
>>55370361
Your victim-complex is showing.
>>
File: eat_shit.jpg (141KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
eat_shit.jpg
141KB, 1366x728px
>>55370361
care to eat a sack of dicks with a tall glass of kerosene to wash it down?
>>
>>55370505
The fuck are you on about faggot? You can't necro a fucking thread on an imageboard. How hard is it for you to understand?
>>
>>55370570
>the tomorrow style

You need to be at least 18 to post here, samefag-kun.
>>
>>55370588
How is it unsurprising that your tabs show you to be a faggot?
>>
>>55370615
>It's literally impossible that more than one person can disagree with my impeccable logic.
>Ergo, all these unique posts most all be samefags.
Man, the delusion is strong with this one, holy shit! Can you wear a trip already?
>>
>>55370589
If a thread has no one but a single person bumping it once every 3 hours for 24 hours then nothing has been communicated. There was nothing achieved. It's been a dead thread that caused other threads to die quicker by the selfishness of a single poster. Their greed.

Dead threads can be bumped. Necrobumps
>>
>>55370546
>General setting talk goes on /tg/

>B-but how can I tell where setting talk goes, anon? I just can't tell, anon.

Where do you think it goes, anon.
>>
>>55370656
Dead threads get archived though.
>>
>>55370664
Not him but I remember a time when talking about Star Wars got you banned by NAZImod because it was "/tv/ only" or some shit.
>>
>>55370665
not if they get bumped by the people who made them before they disappear.
>>
>>55370638
It's better to believe you to be a samefag than to believe that there's anyone who shares your mindless "shitposting is great when I do it" philosophy.

Faith in humanity and all that.
>>
>>55370527
There are a limited number of threads per board. If there are 30 quests in /tg/'s 100 thread limit then there are 30 threads that could have continued. And also quests move faster on average leading to them taking up the first pages
>>
>>55370665
Archived threads can't be posted in. They are dead
>>
>>55370680
No, if a thread is archived, it's considered dead. Is this your first day on 4chan lad?
>>
File: 1469983309062.jpg (24KB, 230x267px) Image search: [Google]
1469983309062.jpg
24KB, 230x267px
I think the discussion if you should call something necro-anything or not is stupid, but there sure are some anons that often enough bump really stupid and shitty threads from page ten for no good reason, even to the point that you can feel someone has the mission to drive the thread into autosage. What I want to say is that more people on /tg/ need to learn how to let go.
>>
>>55370689
>And also quests move faster on average leading to them taking up the first pages
Filter them and use the catalog then you spastic! It's literally the same bullshit going on with generals but I don't see people getting asshurt about all the "high quality threads" dying with less than 50 posts.
>>
>>55370705
"dead" means conversation dead, are you so autistic that you can only find one meaning per word?
>>
>>55370685
You have at least three different anons showing you that they're not the same person. You're just asshurt that nobody believes in your jihad as much as you do.

If you were banned this very moment, nobody would miss you.
>>
File: Lawful Good.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Good.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>55370615
>hating on based Tomorrow
I bet you're the kind of faggot who unironically likes original Yosuba (for a reason other than nostalgia)
>>
>>55370701
Exactly.
>>55370735
Coming from a dude who keeps using "necro" to describe a thread on an image board, you don't really have room to talk in accusing anyone of being autistic.
>>
>>55370747
Motherfucker, the word necrobump has existed on this site for fucking ages. What kind of elitist prick makes these kinds of arguments. I'm ignoring the shit out of you going forward.
>>
>>55370739
Having morons agree with you just makes you more of a moron though.

Worse still, you're still trying to force your shitposting ideaology, but with the understanding that you'd get banned if people actually had a chance to pin your posts together and recognize you.
>>
>>55370766
>but with the understanding that you'd get banned if people actually had a chance to pin your posts together and recognize you
'But muh downvotes!'
>>
Is it just me or is this thread autosaging?
>>
>>55370766
>Having morons agree with you just makes you more of a moron though.
And the only reason you think they're morons is because they're not agreeing with (You). You're not a paladin on a lonely crusade, you're a faggot trying to play fun police on an imageboard that has long since lost its way.
>Worse still, you're still trying to force your shitposting ideaology, but with the understanding that you'd get banned if people actually had a chance to pin your posts together and recognize you.
Likewise. If people could, they'd ban you as quickly as Virt did. You're not among friends here bucko.
>>
>>55370790
>im originally a shitposter from reddit up until I got banned and now have to shitpost on 4chan

That explains a lot about you.
>>
>>55370800
What, you are not saging every post since this thread started?
>>
>>55370800
Between the fact that it's a meta thread and the shitposters derailed the thread, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that were the case.
>>
>>55370150
>Majority of people who post here never even held a die in their hand,let alone played a RPG,wargame or tabletop

I think this is an opportunity; a lot of these people are very interested in playing real games, and some try pretty hard to do so. When they succeed, that helps grow our hobbies.
>>
>>55370766
Just go to reddit
>>
File: 1376237018071.jpg (138KB, 624x710px) Image search: [Google]
1376237018071.jpg
138KB, 624x710px
>>55370821
>>
>>55370747
You are admitting to being autistically unable to use a specific term, this time "necrobump" describing a negative selfish way of bumping threads close to archive without content to keep the thread from true death unfairly.
>>
>>55370854
I've been on this thread for years and I've only ever heard the term from people who migrated from some shitty forum culture like RPGcodex or some shit.

It's not going to catch on, so take your shit and leave.
>>
>>55370844
>I think this is an opportunity; a lot of these people are very interested in playing real games, and some try pretty hard to do so.
No they aren't,that the entire point.
>>
>>55370816
>i know i'd get banned for being a shitposter if I had a name
>i'll say you would! yeah! thats smart

All you're going to do is admit that you're the kind of shitposter that would get banned from this board if you attached a name to your posts? That's pretty obvious, so I guess this discussion is done because that's basically what I've been saying.
>>
>>55370844
>When they succeed, that helps grow our hobbies.
That's not how it works.
>>
>>55370890
If that's what you got from my posts then by all means, go for it champ.

Maybe the board will improve a bit when you actually leave but i seriously doubt you will.
>>
>>55370854
I think you're arguing with a genuine autist.
>>
>>55370923
Nice samefag moron.
>>
>>55370880
This thread does feel like's it's been going on for years.

Fuck off, anon. Take your sorry ass and remove yourself.
>>
>>55370919
You putting on a trip would be a great day for this board and for you.

Doubt me? Go on, give it a test run, See how long it takes before people start calling for you to get banned. You can then go back to being anonymous, but with the added benefit of knowing how much people don't care for your posts here.
>>
The contrarian autist is a troll. ignore them
>>
>>55370962
You're still here?
>>
>>55370963
I knew you wouldn't actually leave.
>>
>>55371011
>not putting on a trip

Scared of the truth?
>>
File: DEldar mug.png (25KB, 510x534px) Image search: [Google]
DEldar mug.png
25KB, 510x534px
This is now a mug thread.
>>
>>55371029
Still at it huh?
>>
>>55370484
I stand corrected, but you still haven't explained how off topic isn't shitposting and no amount of spectacle will change that.
>>
>>55370513
You don't even need concurrent active lol threads, just gauge the board's overall reaction to one
>>
>>55371029
Can you get a trip already so I can filter you? If I wanted to see a dude suck their own dick with the ferocity of a vacuum cleaner, I'd go on /y/ or something.
>>
>>55370546
>How exactly do we distinguish one from the other when it's literally the same exact setting though?
Luckily, someone posted a handy guide. Stop me if you've read this one before:
>general setting talk
/tg/
>discussion directly related to the games
/v/

Quit trying to overcomplicate things so you can justify your faggy FOTM anime discussion thread disguised as """setting discussion"""
>>
File: 1402785626683.jpg (148KB, 953x534px) Image search: [Google]
1402785626683.jpg
148KB, 953x534px
>>55371074
Off topic is our noble tradition and not shitposting
>>
>>55370678
Was it a thread about the movies or the TTRPG?
>>
>>55371034
Thank you for being the smartest person in this thread
>>
>>55371159
And now off-topic became an excuse to shit the board up.
>>
>>55371159
A tradition of shitposting, yes.
>>
>>55371146
That still doesn't solve the problem though no matter how many times you repeat yourself. It's just a shitty arbitrary distinction that only serves to fracture discussion more than it already has and the only people who care this much about staying on topic are people like >>55369759 who would rather the board stagnate than actually generate solid discussion.
>>
>>55371161
It was a thread that was about the RPG but got deleted anyways because Star Wars was a movie and NAZImod felt as though it was off-topic, even when the thread was actually talking about the RPG.
>>
>>55371176
It's always hit or miss but in healthy environment it hits more often than it fails
>>
Meta-threads were a mistake
>>
>>55371176
Staying on topic has neutered this fucking board no matter how much you try and shift the blame.
There's only so many ways you can agree about something before shit gets stagnant.

Also, there's a difference between talking about turning Tetris into a tabletop game and derailing threads to bring up /pol/ shit.
>>
Allow quest threads on all boards. Mods can move the haremshit /a/nime quests to /a/.
>>
>>55371193
How does "talk about videogames on the fucking videogames board" serve to fracture discussion about the TTRPGs? How is following the rules of the site arbitrary?
>>
>>55371193
How about you just stay in /b/, where nothing is offtopic?
>>
File: A Plane in a Field .png (284KB, 868x2096px) Image search: [Google]
A Plane in a Field .png
284KB, 868x2096px
>>55371188
Some people consider baneposting to be shitposting too. It can't all be that bad.
>>
>>55371243
>Also, there's a difference between talking about turning Tetris into a tabletop game and derailing threads to bring up /pol/ shit.
Functionally no. All offtopic decreases the amount of board relevant discussion equally. There is no difference between /pol/ shit, /d/ shit, or /b/ shit. It's all still shitposting.
>>
File: 1504214559172.jpg (23KB, 223x224px) Image search: [Google]
1504214559172.jpg
23KB, 223x224px
I'm just glad we got rid of smutfags. Mostly.
>>
>>55371310
Man, /bane/ was a fucking gem.
>>
>>55371266
>How does "talk about videogames on the fucking videogames board" serve to fracture discussion about the TTRPGs?
Because you're dividing the fanbase to fulfill some arbitrary ruling that doesn't even serve its own purpose in curbing shitposting.
>>55371285
Do you really think that a shitposter is going to go out of their way to make it obvious that they're talking about off-topic shit? All they have to do is basically go "hey, how do I convert X to D&D" and bam, we're suddenly on topic.

All you're doing is driving away more people, which is the last thing that we need honestly.
>>
File: vsauce here.jpg (52KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
vsauce here.jpg
52KB, 878x814px
>>55371339
>smut was bad
>>
>>55371311
If people are actually discussing the topic and trying to actually to find ways to convert Tetris into a tabletop game, how is it shitposting?

If you want to see shitposting, look no further than the people who purposefully derail threads because the thread "isn't related to /tg/ enough."
>>
>>55371378
Nice normalfag reaction image.
>>
File: 1487233302992.jpg (37KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1487233302992.jpg
37KB, 750x709px
>>55371419
>Thinks smut is bad
>Accusing others of being normalfag
>>
File: JKsDCgV.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
JKsDCgV.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>was going to say ban all threads that are blatantly excuses to talk about anime/videogames/modern politics on /tg/
>tfw the weekend elder scrolls thread is my favorite thing on this board
>>
>>55371491
If you want to talk about something, NEVER talk about it on the thread that actually relates to whatever you're talking about.

Remember kiddies: anyone who disagrees with the above is a newfag (probably from reddit).
>>
File: 1440622360127.jpg (37KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
1440622360127.jpg
37KB, 600x690px
Did the board change or are we just getting older and more embittered?
>>
>>55371378
Smutfags and smutsonas like ND kinda got out of hand
>>
>>55371529
Everyone who made the board great ended up leaving because the mods were literally "NO FUN ALLOWED" and now there's a vacuum that shitposters and generals have taken up since quest threads got lumped into the gulag known as /qst/.
>>
>>55371535
And what, the 3aboos making endless martial vs. caster threads every other day aren't? I don't see people asking for /d&d/ or anything.
>>
>>55371515
Upvoted :)
>>
>>55371576
I rest my case.
>>
>>55371378
Smut isn't necessarily bad.
Smutfags, on the other hand, are cringe-factories of the saddest order.
>>
>>55371575
>the 3aboos making endless martial vs. caster threads every other day aren't?
Frankly I can't tell anymore who is making these threads. 3aboos? 3.PF haters? Both of them in delirious coupling? None and these threads are made by industrious trolls and salt mining companies?
>>
>>55371597
the irony
>>
>>55371620
>Outs himself as a reddittor
>Le irony
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>55371618
>3.PF haters
>industrious trolls

These, basically. It's one thing to not like a system, but another thing to shitpost daily so people can see how butthurt you are.
>>
>>55371354
>Because you're dividing the fanbase
No you're not. You're telling people to use the right board for its intended purpose. If the while fanbase is discussing the vidya on the Vidya, then there's no splitting beyond topics which - and stick with me here - IS HOW 4CHAN BOARDS WORK. You can browse two different board's, you know.

Christ, it's like explaining platforming mechanics to Dean Takahashi
>>
>>55371384
And what if they're not? What if instead they're circlejerking about the plot of Tetris or their favorite Tetris character or making threads asking people to stat the L-shape block so they can do more of the former? What does that garbage add to /tg/
>>
>>55371887
I don't know what's worse, the fact that you're a /v/irgin or the fact that you're this ignorant of how 4chan actually works.
>>
>>55371633
the irony
>>
File: it's time to stop posting.jpg (60KB, 630x573px) Image search: [Google]
it's time to stop posting.jpg
60KB, 630x573px
>>55371952
>Tetris
>Plot
>Characters
>>
>>55371952
Did you forget to take your pills this morning anon?
>>
>>55372131
>Tetris
>Having mechanics that can translate into an RPG
I was addressing the metaphor rather than the asinine specific example, you moron.
>>
>>55372092
>how 4chan really works
That's ironic, coming from the guy that's afraid to venture out of the facebookcore echo chamber that is /tg/
>>
File: tetris tabletop game.jpg (178KB, 1024x631px) Image search: [Google]
tetris tabletop game.jpg
178KB, 1024x631px
>>55372388
>Implying
>>
>>55372406
Wew lad, you're trying WAY too hard to fit in. You learn those buzzwords yesterday?
>>
>>55370513
pedo go home
>>
>>55372415
>RPG
Can you read?
>>
>>55372434
Says the guy who has done nothing but spout buzzwords. Hell, even the post I'm responding to is filled with em.
>>
>>55371566
this
>>
>>55372504
Can YOU read?
>>55371384
>trying to actually to find ways to convert Tetris into a tabletop game, how is it shitposting?
>trying to actually to find ways to convert Tetris into a tabletop game
>convert Tetris into a tabletop game
>tabletop game
Seriously, take your crazy pills already, you're slipping grandpa.
>>
>>55372535
You can backpedal all you want but you can't hide your ignorance of board culture.
>>
>>55372570
And why would you need to convert a game that already exists? Why would said pointless conversion that already exists warrant its own thread instead of just going in the Board Games General? Why do you have to rely on ad hominems since your arguments have no legs to stand on.
>>
>>55372593
Then enlighten me, faggot. If I'm so wrong why does the Shadowrun general on /tg/ and /vg/ both exist without somehow consuming each other? Why aren't you in there trying to force them to discuss everything on /tg/ since apparently this is the One True Board of Shadowrun discussion?
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>55372632
>And why would you need to convert a game that already exists?
Who says anyone NEEDS to do anything? People might WANT to discuss how else to turn Tetris into a tabletop game and as far as I can tell, it'd be on topic.
>Why would said pointless conversion that already exists warrant its own thread instead of just going in the Board Games General?
Because what YOU personally feel is irrelevant to the board has nothing to do with whether or not the thread itself is violating the rules.

Also, nice goalpost moving, guess you can't read so you switch gears to deflect from your own incompetence.
>>
>>55372674
>If I'm so wrong why does the Shadowrun general on /tg/ and /vg/ both exist without somehow consuming each other?
Because the people who post in the generals are, on average, much chiller individuals than the faggots who feel the need to slot every single discussion on /tg/ into predefined parameters that nobody besides them ultimately care about.

I mean if you talk about the video game in the tabletop general, and vice-versa, nobody will give a shit because you're still talking about the setting and nobody gives a fuck about fulfilling some distinction between the fandoms.

Most custom systems on /tg/ exist because some dude decided to convert his favorite game/movie/comic/etc. into a tabletop game, not that I'd expect you to know that considering how ignorant you are on board culture as a whole.
>>
>>55372805
So what you're saying is that people tend to talk about the videogame on the videogames board and about the tabletop game on the tabletop game board with precious few exceptions?

Glad we had this chat.
>>
>>55372875
I'm saying that literally nobody besides you and the rest of the fun police cares about shit staying on topic when off topic shit has been a thing since 4chan was made.

But you're right, I'm glad we had this chat too, if only because it tells me that 4chan as a whole was much better off back when people thought that it was only for social rejects.
>>
>>55372957
>only you and everyone else I disagree with
What an exclusive category
>>
>>55373010
I hear faggots make up a sizeable portion of the population nowadays.
>>
>>55373083
At least you're not alone anymore.
>>
>>55373287
What was that anon, take the dick outta your mouth.

While you're at is, flip the barstool while you're at it.
>>
>>55373326
>Take the dick outta your mouth
>So I can read text on a screen
You're not very good at this
>>
>>55373383
What was that anon? All it sounded like was you brushing your teeth with a sausage down your throat.
>>
>>55373416
Keep trying man, someday these gradeschool jabs you learned from facebook might insult someone. Or it'll just showcase how you're only here to shitpost and would rather see /tg/ become the new /b/
>>
>>55373458
One more time anon? It was a bit clearer but it still sounded a bit garbled.
>>
Are there any rpgs where you play as a dog?
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.