[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: apoc world.png (97KB, 602x572px) Image search: [Google]
apoc world.png
97KB, 602x572px
lol
>>
>>55367734
It's ok, beside the first two points.
>>
>>55367734
Just to point out, "hot" in this particular context doesn't mean "sexy" or "pretty" or whatever.
It means "interesting", "determined", "passionate" or whatever else.
The closest context you can get to what they meant there is "hot shit". Your characters are literally "hot shit". They are interesting, they are driven by fascinating motivations and you WANT to see them in action.
>>
>>55367908
>Just to point out, "hot" in this particular context doesn't mean "sexy" or "pretty" or whatever.
How do you know it's not? Maybe he means they characters are sexy. There's sex moves, he encourages you to say your characters are doing sex, the theme of the game seems to be kinky fetish gear costumes.
>>
>>55367951
As someone who played both Apocalypse World and its numerous hacks, I'm pretty sure "blood and sex" refers to the cliches of gritty and brutal post-apocalyptic atmosphere akin to Mad Max or Full Throttle.
>>
>>55367951
>How do you know it's not? Maybe he means they characters are sexy.
Because it's not ERP, because that definition of "hot" lies within the purview of only one, arguably two playbooks and because many playbook options make the characters ugly or weird.

>There's sex moves
...which only deal with the fallout, never the act.

>he encourages you to say your characters are doing sex
Because that's a basic human drive, which we would follow more openly in a less fucked-up society or an even more fucked-up one.

>the theme of the game seems to be kinky fetish gear costumes
If this had even the slightest basis in even the most wilfully misconstrued element of the book taken out of context, I'd know how to properly refute it. As it stands, I just have to settle for calling bullshit.
>>
>>55368665
I disagree with the ugly/weird part. Yes, some of the words you get to choose from are a bit out of the norm, but you're consistently encouraged to picture your characters as supernaturally good-looking. Snape is supposed to be a greasy-haired twat in Harry Potter, but everyone pictures him as Alan Rickman in a robe. It's the same principle
>>
>>55368665
The writer probably gets a kick out of making an edgy sex game and got too into selling it to a potential player by enticing how hot the characters are. Makes perfect sense after reading the other slang.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.