[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there sentient animals in your setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Gecko Knight.png (207KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gecko Knight.png
207KB, 800x800px
Are there sentient animals in your setting?
>>
>>55367637
Yes
>>
>>55368015
Are there sexy sentient animals in your setting?
>>
>>55367637
Yes, but they're horrific fae creatures in the form of cute cuddly animals. Wandering into their woods may result in a Victorian style tea party with some adorable rabbits dressed for the era, or it may result in an unending nightmare where your soul is devoured for a thousand years.
>>
>>55367637
i ran an ironclaw game once so yes
>>
>>55367637
Yes. Also beastfolk (bipedal animal people) and beastkin (human-likes with animal traits). As well as bird-people, reptilians, bug-people, fish-people (both ways) and sapient humanoid magic.
And that's not even the weirdest stuff in my setting.
>>
>>55367637
Well ackshually shentient refers to having shenses so all animals are shentient
>>
>>55367637
yes, they are called humans.
>>
>>55368176
Might want to check that autism in m8
>>
>>55368093
>Yes, but they're horrific fae creatures in the form of cute cuddly animals.
This. Talking animals aren't really talking animals, they are horrible creatures disguised as animals that can be helpful or harmful. The talking wolf might tell you where to find deer so you can feed your family or it may trick you into letting it eat you, the talking bunny may help you out of the woods or it may trick you into turning into a bunny yourself and becoming its wife, that talking frog may be a cursed prince, or it might just be a KV hoping to trick you so it will just be a regular V.
>>
>>55367637
>Are there sentient animals in your setting?
Sentient =|= Sapient
>>
>>55367637
That's how you get away with trading with aliens - you get local ordo xenos to declare then not xenos, but animals.
>>
>>55367637
Yes, rarely.
More half-animals, like satyrs, minotaurs and panii, they are uncivilised, angry and lustful.
>>
The adoptive mother of my character is an awakened bear.
>>
>>55367637
Define 'animal'
>>
File: butterfly.jpg (215KB, 1185x675px) Image search: [Google]
butterfly.jpg
215KB, 1185x675px
>>55367637
Honestly by this point you should probably just assume that if it's alive and not human, it's hostile. Not that this isn't partially humanities fault though, when we first met the strange creatures we confused their unusual morality for hostility and ever since then we've been too distrustful of each other to make peace.
>>
Elves come to mind
>>
>>55367637
Jungle's full of them. Thankfully they constantly fight eachother and dont give a shit about the world outside the Jungle. The Apes can be traded with, and the Jaguars do make good mercenaries, the rest are not even worth talking to. The serpents will steal your sight, soul, and/or skin. The birds will trick you into traps and getting their dirty work done fr them. Worst of all are the things that live in the rivers. They just flat out want to eat everything and will trap anybody who gets too close.
>>
>>55367637
Yes. I've had one of my players affectionately refer to it as 'Buddhist Narnia'
>>
>>55367637
Kinda.
My Monk's mouse is sentient. And his backup character
>>
>>55368047
All of the animals are sexy
>>
>>55367637
>sentient

IT'S SAPIENT YOU DUMB ASS!!! THE WORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS "SAPIENT"!!! LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING ANIMAL ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET IS SENTIENT. EVEN FUCKING WORMS!!!!

Although, if you want to get really technical, the word you are looking for is "Sophont".
>>
>>55378392
O.k.....that is a goddam brilliant piece.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.