[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you stat Protoss? you pick the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 1500526755925.png (795KB, 1024x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1500526755925.png
795KB, 1024x1502px
How would you stat Protoss? you pick the game?
>>
>you pick the game?
chess: they move forward one space, left or right one space, and then forward one space. like the tetris piece.
>>
>in b4 FATAL stat block
>>
>>55362979
>+6 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom
>Medium Size. Base land speed is 30 feet.
>Darkvision out to 60 feet.
>Special Qualities: Naturally Psionic, Inertial Armor, Spell Resistance equal to class levels +5
>Automatic Languages: Khalan. Bonus Languages: Common, a bluh, a blah
>Favored Class: Psychic Warrior
>Level Adjustment: +2

>Naturally Psionic: Protoss gain 2 bonus power points. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class. Power points do allow a character to make use of psionic feats and attempt to gain psionic focus.

>Inertial Armor: Protoss can use psychic force to block an enemy's blows. This ability gives them a +4 armor bonus to AC as long as they remain conscious. This is the equivalent of a 1st-level spell.
>>
>>55362979
>Str 5/18 (going with the old emaciated protoss but always wearing power armor)
>Dex 15
>Con 8 (emaciated and frail)
>Int 15
>Wis 15
>Cha 12
>Class: Mystic v3 unearthed arcana
>Alighnment: Lawful Neutral
>Armor class: 17
>Innate Telepathy: can communicate with any creature that understands language within reach of it's mind
>Khala: As a standard action a Protoss with nerve cords can connect to the Khala boosting Int and wis to 18 till the end of combat
>Severed: A Protoss that severed their nerve cords gets a permanent +2 to dex an is resistant to all forms of charm
>>
>>55362979
>Protoss Zealot
>Troop
>5-15 models/unit
>Each model is equipped with two Energy Blades
>M: 7"; WS: 3+; BS: 4+; S: 4; T: 4; W: 1; A: 2; LD: 7; SV: 5+
>Energy Shields: When this unit would receive unsaved wounds or mortal wounds, you may roll a d6. On a 3+, ignore that wound or mortal wound. You may only roll one die per model in the unit per turn.
>Energy Blades: S: User; AP: -1; D: 1; If a model has two Energy Blades equipped, and charged this turn, they may get an additional attack, and all attacks with Energy Blades get +2 S.
>For Aiur: (All PROTOSS INFANTRY units have this rule) Add 2" to any Charge or Advance rolls made by this unit. When this unit Advances, you may subtract 4" from the roll - if you do, it can Charge this turn as well.
>>
>>55362997
They can move left if its on black, or right if its on white, but they can only attack the OTHER way!
>>
>>55362979
Lasers and Feelings. 5.
>>
>>55363851
>-2 Int
Have you seen their tech? Given what we see of them, they don't see significantly less intelligent than humans. And those stats seem pretty imbalanced.
>>
>>55365116
Their tech is actually gated in. They don't know how to create more from what I remember. Whatever new stuff is being made (if any) is being made by automated factories.

It's an extremely advanced society that is after a major fall.
>>
File: adept_by_keilink-d9s57ct.png (772KB, 1024x701px) Image search: [Google]
adept_by_keilink-d9s57ct.png
772KB, 1024x701px
Protoss thread?
>>
>>55365395
>a shield-gun thing
That fucked me up at first
Also, was it ever explained why their bots seemingly have psionic potential?
>>
>>55362979
Immortal
M8'' WS3+ BS3+ S4 T6 W3(2) A2 Ld8 Sv4+

immortal phase disruptors
heavy 1 , 24'', S8 AP-3 D1+d3

hardened shields
This unit has shields, represented by a second wound score. These wounds are lost before base wounds, ignored by Mortal Wounds and the model regains a single wound of shields at the start of each turn.
attacks against this units shield that would remove more than one wound instead remove just one wound

upgrades:
armor upgrade:
unit gains a 3+ save

shield upgrade
unit gains a 6+ invulnerable save

an immortal may replace its hardened shield for a barrier
barrier
This unit has shields, represented by a second wound score. These wounds are lost before base wounds, ignored by Mortal Wounds and the model regains a single wound of shields at the start of each turn.
once per turn, you may increase the total number wounds on its shield by two for a single phase

from an old thread
i know people say that the shields are clunky, but i dont want a generic invulerable save, i want a "regenrating second life bar" shield
>>
>>55365318
You have it backwards. The only thing that's gated is advanced AI and robotics, after Legacy of the Void, both of those are no longer gated.

The only reason the Protoss don't seem like they've advanced is because they were obsessed with honorable combat and a caste-based society.
>>
>>55365586
I guess I remember wrong then. I did skip SCII, maybe it was a retcon?
>>
>>55365463
Aren't they made from the souls of dead Protoss warriors and thus get their psionic potential?
>>
>>55365730
Just Purifiers, and not souls, just memory engrams.

In StarCraft, psionic ability isn't strictly space magic, it can be understand and manipulated using technology. Even Teams are capable of blocking, amplifying and duplicating psionic energy. Because their psionic ability is so fundamental to their society, protoss technology kicks this into overdrive so that everything they build is psychic.
>>
>>55365730
I thought all/most of their technology is based on whatever the explanation for psychic power is. That's how the pylons keep their buildings charged.

So, the answer is, as always, crystals.
>>
>>55365730
>Aren't they made from the souls of dead Protoss warriors
Literally brainscans, some are just advanced AI instead
>>
>>55362979
They also are supposed to have ludicrously good senses (all of them), their claws are deadly, they're way, way stronger than a human (like, "marine in powered armor" tier), they can live for tens of thousands of years and they can literally survive off of moonlight and dewdrops indefinitely.

There's a reason they're said to represent "purity of form". The Xel'Naga explicitly made them for the purpose of being perfect organisms.
>>
>>55365889
>they can live for tens of thousands of years
Actually somewhere above milenium is rather old.
>>
>>55366043
I think that's just because you're likely to die in battle before that. Raszagal was over a thousand and she was still physically capable of leading the Dark Templar in battle.

It's not clear to me that her age was the reason that Kerrigan was able too psychically dominate her.
>>
>>55366043
>You speak of knowledge, Judicator? You speak of experience? I have journeyed through the darkness between the most distant stars. I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities... Unto my experience, Aldaris, all that you've built here on Aiur is but a fleeting dream. A dream from which your precious Conclave shall awaken, finding themselves drowned in a greater nightmare.

That's a fucklot of "negative suns" being born in a thousand years.
>>
>>55366110
If you've got the capacity to cover enough space, it shouldn't be too hard to get that done in 1k years.
>>
>>55366110
Zeratul did a lot of drugs.
>>
>>55366150
This explains everything.
>>
>>55365463
>>55365773
The dragoons are cybernetic vessels for mortally wounded zealots. Go back and play SC1, watch when a zealot dies, they evaporate into an energy field. Pure headcannon but I always assumed this was the zealot being teleported back to base where they would be installed in a new dragoon body.

From the wiki

>Dragoon pilots were generally grievously wounded veteran templars retrieved from the battlefield.[4][2] Some of the most revered protoss warriors have been placed in dragoons,[1] and dragoon pilots were renowned for their intelligence in battle.[5]

>Selected protoss were transplanted into the exoskeleton's core. By the time of the Great War the core was a fluid container and the pilot was submerged within. Catastrophic damage frequently resulted in the tank being breached and the contents spilling out. The pilot's mind interfaced directly with the machine through mysterious essence translators with the use of the Khala.[6] The end result was that pilots controlled their exoskeletons as a natural extension of their bodies[2] using the walker's advanced hydraulic-psionic mobility systems. Once inside the core, the pilot would remain in the tank for the rest of their life.[1]
>>
>>55366141
How many entire realities entropy across the universe in a thousand years?
>>
>>55366299
Wait, sorry, I thought you were talking specifically about dragoons, I can see now you're talking about a different unit. Still, check the zealots death animation and tell me they aren't warping back to base to become dragoons.
>>
>>55366299
Close. According to the manual for Starcraft 1 Zealot armor includes biosensors and automatically activate a teleporter when the zealot has suffered critical damage. They're teleported back to Aiur/mothership to receive medical treatment. Most will return to the fight. Only a tiny fraction will have received such injuries as to require dragoon transformation.
>>
>>55366341
Knew it. Always loved this detail!
>>
>>55362979
MY WIFE FOR HIRE!
>>
>>55365649
They never gated anything other than robotics and AI, and that's only because the weapons they created were so absurdly powerful that they nearly drove themselves to extinction. The AI was just too efficient and it was seen as dishonorable to hide behind weapons that fought for you.

After that there was a project to "preserve" their greatest warriors by transferring all of their knowledge into a robotic bodies, called "Purifiers". This largely failed because they treated the Purifiers as nothing more than expendable slaves and servants, not realizing that they had all of the thoughts and memories of the warriors they were templated from. This caused the Purifiers to rebel, and because it was a faction of the greatest warrior minds the Protoss ever had, the war was a bloody one, despite the fact that the Purifiers were greatly outnumbered. In the end the Protoss won and shut down the Purifiers, forbidding any further research into the project.

In SC2 one of the heroes comments that the Protoss have always been an innovative species, but because of the rigid caste system some of the greatest minds are forced to be in one of three castes from birth, Templar, Judicator, or Khalai. Only the Khalai caste is allowed to actually work on technology and innovate, which stagnates their progress to some regard.
>>
>>55366332
Yeah, in addition to cybernetic protoss, there are now robotic protoss that are just straight up AI constructs that have been imprinted with the memories and personalities of dead warriors. That turned out to be a bad idea, so the Conclave deep sixed the whole thing on some backwater planet; only for Artanis to reactivate them during the reclamation of Aiur. One of them thought it was Fenix.
>>
Aiur Protoss
Characteristic Points: 18
Ability Score: 3 Strength, 2 Instinct, 3 Agility, 3 Fortitude, 4 Intelligence, 4 Willpower
Increased Ability Maximum: +1 maximum strength, +1 maximum intelligence
Protoss Classes:
Large Stride:
Naturally Psionic:
Psionic Power Source (Khala):
Mental Discipline:
Protoss Energy Shields:
Protoss Traits:
Heroic Race:
>>
>>55366601
kinda the easy answer just taking from the fan rpg though
>>
>>55362979
Core aspect includes the word "protoss".
>>
>>55366558
I'm grateful that you are updating me on the fluff of LoV because I didn't play SCII at all, but my question was if this was the case in SCI, or if they just retcon'd it in at SCII.

Prifiers are a LoV addition, so they really have no relation to how the fluff was at SCI, which is what I'm interested in.
>>
>>55366506
How much?
>>
>>55365511
The weapon is shit. Heavy 1 means he only hits half of the time if he moves. Make it Heavy 2, or even 3, so its like a budget lascannon (S8 and only 24" range and less damage)
He needs more wounds, Immortals are like Protoss Dreadnoughts, so about 8 wounds would be good. M8" might be slightly too fast.
Now that he actually has enough HP, the shields are actually pretty cool.
>>
>>55366625
Most of what I said was the same in SC1. It's the reason why the only unpiloted/nonbiological units in SC1 were the Probe, the Shuttle, and the Reaver. The Probe and Shuttle can't fight directly, and the Reaver is actually a modified mobile factory that builds small machines that seek out an enemy and explode. The only reason Reavers are seen as acceptable is because Protoss decided that losing too many ground troops during siege assaults wasn't worth the claim of honor, and because the Reaver is largely a vulnerable slow-moving factory compared to earlier robotic weapons.

In the Reaver's old description it spoke of how in previous wars the Protoss had designed so many powerful robotics that they were deemed too dangerous, so most of what SC2 went on to flesh out fits in just fine. I wish I could find the old Reaver description somewhere.
>>
>>55366865
There's also the fact that Carrier drones are, you know, drones.
>>
>>55362979
>+2 Int, +2 Dex or Cha
>Size: Medium
>Speed 6
>Vision: Normal

>Languages: Common, Deep Speech and one other
>Skill Bonus: +2 Arcana, +2 Acrobatics
>Immortal Origin: You are considered an immortal creature for effects that relate to creature origin
>Telepathy: You can communicate telepathically with creatures within 5 squares of you that have a language
> Psychic Shield: You have the Psychic Shield power

>Psychic Shield
>Encounter
>Psionic
>Immediate Action
>Target: Self
>Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain resist 5 Physical damage
>This resistance increases to 10 at 11th level and 15 at 21st
>>
>>55366899
Interceptors are controlled by the carrier though, which has a pilot.
>>
>>55366596
Im imagining that the Purifier Adepts shades work via holograms and such, it seems that protoss tech can mimic the properties pf psionics but not recreate them perfectly
>>
>>55367025
more remote control then anything, yeah.

>>55366865
yeah, oft the stacraft 2 installments I find that Legacy of the void was the best, Wings was alright too, meanwhile heart of the swarm feels like an outright rush job at points, like they had to rush a finished product out the door so no wonder the plot there was a mess.

Also the epilogue was garbage but I do like the overall state of the setting in the aftermath. Jim and Kerrigan have fucked off from the plot, Dominion in reform. Protoss rebuilding in a united and Tal'darim independent factions and essentially a state of tenuous peace/cold war between them and the zerg
>>
>>55363993
Energy sheilds should just be a 4+ FNP and that's about it.

Also many units in the game can already advance and charge in the same turn. Just reduce move to 5 or 6 since Marines can dance around them anyway.
>>
>>55365116
They're Githzerai. I just copied the githzerai.
>>
>>55370091
hmm, then one could copy the Githyanki for maybe the tal'darim stats?
>>
>>55370237
yeah, do that, sage
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.