[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"That Guy" Management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1493302638244.jpg (92KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493302638244.jpg
92KB, 960x960px
Has anyone found any useful tips on dealing with a That Guy in a constructive way?

Would I be correct in assuming most That Guys have anger issues of sorts?
>>
>>55362238

Anger issues are sometimes a smokescreen, a facade they perpetuate so that they can browbeat other people with fake, perpetuated outrage until other, more decent people who tend to be averse to conflict, let them have their way.

Other times it's true, honest-to-god impotent rage.
>>
>>55362238
No, most have a variety of issues, or no "issues" at all, outside not gelling with the group.
My usual way of dealing with it is pulling them aside, explaining what the issue is, and trying to resolve it. Sometimes I need to pull players out and have them talk it out, sometimes it's just me putting down the law.
>>
>>55362238
>Would I be correct in assuming
Any time you ever ask this, the answer is most likely "no". "That Guy" covers a wide range of dysfunction, and every single encounter will vary on a case-by-case basis.

Describe That Guy.
>>
>>55362351

That Guy is a lot like cancer. Many behave in different ways, and with different severities, and are often caused by different things. Generally, That Guy isn't a single set of behavior, but a generalized pattern. And, like most cancers, the solution is often frequent, repeated doses of poisons, drugs, and targeted radiation.

Still, if they're simply kind of absent-minded or oblivious, they can be dealt with by talking to them about their behavior. If they're more malignant, purposefully disruptive, or resentful of even a mature talking to, they'll become more angry ("How DARE you talk to me about my behavior!"), become even more disruptive and push even more boundaries, or become incredibly petty and try to push your buttons personally.
>>
>>55362424
>And, like most cancers, the solution is often frequent, repeated doses of poisons, drugs, and targeted radiation.
I really hope you're not involved in any way with the medical field. Chemo is what you do when nothing else works. It's not the first resort and it damn sure isn't the best option.
>>
>>55362271
Either way I don't see any particular reason why my group needs to turn into someone's anger management support group rather than just finding a new player.
>>
>>55362568
Indeed, to keep with the analogy the easiest way to get rid of That Guy is cutting the bastard right out and hoping it doesn't come back.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.