[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3.5 Cleric escape spells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hi /tg/,

I'm DMing a 3.5 campaign and am designing a villain.

First, please save your 3.5 hate for this thread: >>55333883

Now that's out of the way...I want a recurring villain who is a Cleric7. Domains are Darkness and Ice, maybe plus Madness.

How can I let him get away from his first few encounters with the PCs witnessing him but not being able to catch him?

I'm after spells that let him escape easily. Wizards have invisibility, phantom steed and others, Clerics don't have so much.

Any suggestions?

The best I have at the moment is some physical barrier combined with windwall. Possibly windwall and waterwalk too.
>>
>>55362148
sanctuary + meld into ice?

too bad your guy is too low level for plane shift or mirror walking
>>
>>55362148
>3.5
Ugh.
>>
>>55362148
Word of Recall is the standby but you don't exactly have it at level 7. My suggestion would be leading them on a goose chase into Hand of the Faithful(fort to stun people entering who worship a different god than the caster) while they have Grace going(+2 Dex, +10 land speed) and that's still not all that amazing. Only so much you can do with a level 7 Cleric with domains not optimized for the job.
>>
>>55362148
Give him a 1 use ring of teleport.
>>
>>55365262
>Grace
That's [Good] so doesn't work for a villain, I can give him boots of speed though.

>Hand of the Faithful
Not bad, 10' radius works for a choke point but isn't much good for open areas. They don't have much ranged blasting and Sleet storm or Wind Wall will prevent ranged attacks.

I suppose he can have a scroll or two of word of recall on him. I sort of want to avoid teleportation because it's a cheap way out of the encounter and there's not a lot that PCs (especially low level ones) could do to stop it.

Hand of the Faithful works with a choke point like a temple entrance or dungeon corridor. Once they get through the area, he's had several rounds to fuck off and they won't feel too cheated at not catching him, especially if they can track him to a waiting horse where he's ridden off, or some other obvious way that he got out with a few rounds head-start.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.