[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Commissar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Commissar.jpg (51KB, 499x847px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar.jpg
51KB, 499x847px
Always remember, one individual has to play as the Party's Commissar. It is his/her job to execute those in the party who stray from the path of good/evil.
>>
Oh is that so? Because from what I know from experience, playing the commissar gets you merk'd by the rest of the party until you stop playing commissars.

In Only War, the one way you will get anything done is by being the Sergeant. Have you never read the oh so good storytime The All Guardsmen Party?
>>
>>55361589
I think he means in a more general sense anon. someone who keeps the party, in whatever system, from being needlessly retarded on pain of pain.
Also, for myself, I have fervently wished down the years that online video games came with a commissariat to shoot cowards.
>>
>>55361589
I played a Commissar in only war that was extremely paternal, but only in a vaguely uncomfortable way.

"Hey Corporal, I knit you this sweater."
"...Thank you, Comissar?"
"Please, call me Dad."
>>
>>55361806
You mean a Paladin, then.
>>
>>55363891
>Paladin of the Emperor
Can I play a girl commissar and lay my hands on cut guardsmen?
>>
>>55361503
Yes, but it really depends the Commissar. In One of my recent D&D 5e games i played i left for session to come back finding out the party "elected" a dictator and everything was now a communism that also heavily relied on a religion built to destroy men and dragonborn, and i was dragonborn. The Commissar kept us on a path of faggotry where me and one other killed everything but they got levels (shit tier DM) and threatened to murder us if we strayed.
>>
>>55363937
Do you not do that already? What are you, gay?
>>
>>55361503
Not all Commisars are triger-happy idiots. They are meant to inspire the man and keep the moral and disciplin high, how they to that is there choice. Some maybe lead the man into battle, waving their sword and shouting one liners. Some maybe stay more behind, but are very good ad observing people and spy on their man more heavily. Some maybe aren't good fighters at all, but very charismatic and good at using propaganda. But other than that, generally I think it is good to have a leader or "commisar" stlye character in the party, someone that motivates the party, is good at bringing their individual talents to work together or at least can hold the party together and can act as a voice of reason. How to you to that, depends on your party, your setting, your quest, just lke a good commisar would chose a different aproach from one battlefield to another if necessary.
>>
>>55361503
Or play Paranoia, all commissars all the time.
>>
>>55362733
>"Please, call me Dad."
Vaguely?
>>
File: 3.jpg (377KB, 400x1586px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
377KB, 400x1586px
>>55361503
>best commissar
>>
>>55366369
That's not Ciaphas Cain: HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!
>>
>>55361503
I'm pretty sure that exact same Lord-Commissar took an Ordinatus to the face when I last played Only War.
The GM decided we were going to be a penal legion, I essentially made Snake Plissken as a 40k sniper. Being the best shot in the party, he was the best choice to redirect the shot after we'd recaptured it only to find the enemy had already set the firing countdown.

Shouldn't have ordered us confined to quarters just for doing our jobs, asshat.
>>
>>55362733
What kind of dad knits sweaters? That's grannies.
Dads congratulate you while reading the newspaper with a smoke in his mouth. They may play ball with you if they are young and cool.
>>
>>55361503
>Gets the short straw to play party commissar
>mfw I'm a wallflower
Wat do, /tg/?
>>
>>55366463
Play a wallflower commissar. Due to a clerical error, assigned to commissar section instead of stormtroopers during schola training.

The final commissar exam is to execute one of your own underperforming comrades, but an alternative is to help them succeed. The commissar passed by just quietly studying alongside them.

After being attached to a battalion and confronted by an unruly soldier, the meek wallflower said absolutely nothing in response, only for the unruly soldier to vanish a day later with no trace (secretly transferred to another unit), leaving the commissar with a terrifying reputation. Or, hell, just shoot him without the usual speech. Potentially heretical soldiers find 'gifts' and motivational posters in their quarters to encourage them to do better, which they interpret as threats, while the commissar's actually half decent writing ability let's them write persuasive logistical requests in support of the quartermaster for necessary supplies, raising troop morale.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.