[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castlevania Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Castlevania.jpg (117KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania.jpg
117KB, 1024x576px
I'm currently in the process of writing up a campaign set in the Castlevania universe for my group. Here's what I have so far:

>1890's
>Dracula gets resurrected again, but is weaker this time due to the ritual being poorly executed
>Decides to hide out somewhere in Europe until he can regain his strength and start destroying humanity
> Plot at this point becomes a rough adaption of Bram Stoker's Dracula (Dracula ends up hiding out London, Van Helsing and company get involved, etc.)
>Current Belmont (we're doing an AU where the Belmonts are still around at this point) gathers a party of adventurers (ala Castlevania III) to track Dracula across Europe and kill him

Any advice? I'm still not sure what system I'll be using.
>>
>>55359864
I honestly don't give a single fuck about your thread OP.

All I'm interested in is your image. I recently became aware Castlevania has an anime.

How is it OP? Is it good?
>>
>>55361088
Filthy weeb here, it's pretty damn good. Only four episodes long though.
>>
>>55361088
Not OP, but its pretty good. its only a few episodes (4 i think) but does a good job of giving an intro to what will be a full show. The animation and voice acting is good, only problem is its too short at the moment.
>>
>>55361113
>>55361114
Damn.

Guess I know what I'm watching tomorrow. Thanks guys
>unzips torrents.

Have a free bump, OP.
>>
Sounds cool OP, I really like the classic gothic theme. Use grim castles and stage-coaches liberally.
>>55361088
It good, and I ain't even a weeb. Richard "My Voice gives your Wife Orgasms" Armitage is the voice actor for the main character, Graham McTavish is Dracula - his scenes are golden, and the girl is a cute. Some sweet fights too.
>>
>>55361113

I cannot believe people thought this was good, on any level. The dialogue was like a 14 year old dumbshit trying to crib game of thrones, the the voice acting was terrible, the character design was terrible, and nothing made fucking sense. The tone was way, way off. They tried to be funny and also scary, and managed to pull off neither one.

I no longer trust the taste of the friend who recommended it to me.
>>
>>55359864

Or you can just play Fury of Dracula before you end up with bunch of Trevor Belmont wannabes fighting over who has the real Vampire Killer
>>
>>55361088
Best "anime" of 2017, but that's not saying much since anime is a heaping garbage fire of shit right now. And this is coming from someone who used to be a huge weeb.
>>
>Current Belmont (we're doing an AU where the Belmonts are still around at this point) gathers a party of adventurers (ala Castlevania III) to track Dracula across Europe and kill him
I mean, I get what you're going for, but the Belmonts never just stopped existing. Richter passed the whip to the Morris clan either because the whip was pissed at his nonsense or because Richter is a petty faggot who didn't want to be outclassed. So really, you should fluff this a little differently.
>Quincy Morris figures out what the whip does to non-Belmonts and is rightfully mad, forces the whip back to the Belmonts
>Morris clan is never brought into the picture, possible plot point of the whip being inert if you follow the "whip is pissed" point above or just play it off like Richter passed the whip like he was supposed to
>what if your Belmont isn't actually a Belmont but some kind of poser with a whip ooooohh~, maybe Qunicy shows up at the end to scold everyone
By the way, have you played Bloodlines? You should probably play Bloodlines a bit, because it basically beat you to the punch. It's even really close to your date, it's just 20 years after what you're planning.
>>
File: 238657-somacruz3.jpg (31KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
238657-somacruz3.jpg
31KB, 252x252px
>>55361088
It's okay. The four episodes so far bizarrely spend most of their time shitting on the church instead of depicting demon-slaying, and retcon Sypha from being a church-employed witch to being some kind of magical gypsy. Despite what some annoyed Catholics might tell you, though, it's not TOTALLY shitting on Christianity, the typical holy relics such as consecrated water work on the demons, and a demon himself alludes to the presence of God... but there definitely seems to be some sort of weird desire to shit on the church, while Trevor's faith never really comes up.

Further, it doesn't use any of the classic monsters, and despite a scene where Dracula literally cries tears of blood neither Bloody Tears nor any other iconic Castlevania track are used. It's all generic.

Ultimately it feels like Castlevania-flavored anime so far rather than a proper Castlevania adaptation, but the first four episodes barely constitute a prologue plot-wise so hopefully things will improve as it continues.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.