[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't remember name of game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1503506862570.jpg (54KB, 606x630px) Image search: [Google]
1503506862570.jpg
54KB, 606x630px
I'm trying to remember a martial arts RPG that gets mentioned here every now and then. The only major thing I can remember about it was a "laughter and fears" system where doing certain role-playing things gives you a bonus when fighting. Does anyone remember the name of it or have any experience with it?
>>
Legends of the Wulin
The Editing is terrible, it's easily broken and the dude that wrote it never looked at the math. One or two guys on here shill it constantly, but it's not half as good as they want to make you believe. I ran and played several sessions in it because of the shilling, but it really doesn't work out as well in practice.
If you want to take a look for yourself, I think there's still a mega link that you can find by searching for lotw and /tg/. An archived thread should pop up with the link.
>>
>>55358229
Oh, in that case do you have any other martial arts RPGs to recommend. I've run L5R and enjoyed it but was wondering if there was any system that supports more martial arts and less samurai
>>
>>55358253
Depends on how in-depth, involved and autistic you want it to be. Depending on whether you want a game with billions of options in combat or something that has more of a pulpy, handwavy playstyle, the answer is probably going to be very different.
>>
>>55358311
I want something that allows for PCs to make their own martial arts style for a campaign I'm running. Only major crunch requirement is I want really good rules for dueling for one on one fights and don't want characters to be massive HP sponges, so high lethality or damage I suppose. Hopefully good rules for social stuff too
>>
>>55358466
I'd take a look at what GURPS has to offer, then. It's just as crunch heavy, but is a lot more thought out.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.