[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starfinder General /sfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 85

File: f381ba7cc9f3ca0b7c4a09476de6cfe5.png (463KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f381ba7cc9f3ca0b7c4a09476de6cfe5.png
463KB, 707x1000px
Starfinder General /sfg/

What kind of races do you want/expect to see in Alien Archive?

/sfg/ unified link repository: https://pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: http://paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Old Thread: >>55322521
>>
File: bot_by_sttheo-d7hp106.jpg (152KB, 900x1084px) Image search: [Google]
bot_by_sttheo-d7hp106.jpg
152KB, 900x1084px
>>55355813
I want at least one playable robot. Not fucking androids, because those are actually bioroids - I want straight up mechanized individuals.
>>
How do I Raiden, The Rain Transformed?
>>
I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a character for an upcoming Starfinder game, maybe once the book with all the new races comes out I'll get more inspiration, but for now I was thinking of porting one of my old Pathfinder characters with the story reason being that he was basically Han Solo'd in Carbonite for however long it's been since it became the future.

The problem there is that mah boi was a Dex-based Catfolk Paladin, and unfortunately from what I've researched there aren't many options in the new classes for me to properly replicate that kind of thing, so obviously the next best thing would be to port the Paladin class. Only problem THERE is that Paladin's numbers are waaay out of sync with what Starfinder tries to do, and the Starfarer's Companion book didn't exactly impress my DM.

Any suggestions or should I just scrap the idea and try to move on to something else?
>>
>>55355856
>I want straight up mechanized individuals.

There are going to be at least two fully robotic races for Alien Archive.
>>
>>55355813
>What kind of races do you want/expect to see in Alien Archive?
i want a cute fishtits race with bright tropical colors then we can goto the fishtits planet and meet the fishtits but then the fishtits will be like, "help we are in trouble!" and then i will be like, "oh no the fishtits are in trouble!" then we go on a mission to help the fishtits and its super dangerous and its deep underwater in a alien kelp forest that is so thick you can barely see anything and theres seamonsters that jump out at you and dangerous underwater caves with traps and ruins and then we find the secret lair where the space goblins have taken the fishtits princesses prisoner and we fight the horde of goblins and save the fishtits princesses but oh no the goblins set up a self destruct bomb on the base and we have to run out before the whole secret lair collapses and explodes with rock flying everywhere and we jump into the water and swim out of the dungeon in just the nik of time as the entrance is sealed with rocks and then we go back to the fishtits village and deliver the fishtits to safety and get a reward ceremony with money and medals and then we blast off into space for more adventures but some of the fishtits have stowedaway in the cargo hold and want to come with us and so we go on more adventures with the fishtits and its super fun the end
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (154KB, 500x1431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
154KB, 500x1431px
>>55356143
Bringing a character wholesale is considered a bad idea.

What you can do is play a descendant. Maybe he found some diaries and some stories and idolizes 'im. Cat folk Solarion is much easier sale, maybe move 'im/'er up to a Jaguar or Cheetah type.

>>55356991
>>
>>55355813
Maybe a centaur, maybe cyberized. so I can have the adventures of Bravestarr on a frontier planet in the Vast.
>>
>>55357065
I could do that, and it would be a lot more manageable to explain the backstory given that my Paladin got to level 15 before we ended off the last campaign he was in.
>>
>>55356143
>Any suggestions or should I just scrap the idea and try to move on to something else?
yes, the idea is shit
>>
>>55357722
Thanks for your input, however if you look just one post above yours you'll see that I've already decided to take another route that will work much better, thanks.
>>
File: Metroid Prime Suits.png (867KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime Suits.png
867KB, 1440x900px
I'm thinking of coming up with a one-shot for some friends of mine. The basic idea is that they get stuck on a planet that will regularly transition into a portion of the shadow plane in which case special monsters and environmental hazards will show up but there are a couple of things I'm still trying to iron out.

1. Assuming the tech was close to what is in the settings present 300/400 years ago what sort of weapons and technology would be appropriate for a group of explores from back then to have?

2. I don't have the book immediately in front of me but what options are there for characters with engineering skills to produce stuff inside of the ship? This is kind of important as they will have to help build or rebuild parts of tech created to survive in the "Dark Hours" as their standard space suits can't protect them from the environment during those moments.
>>
File: Capture.png (42KB, 1143x533px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
42KB, 1143x533px
>>55355813
so, what are your ship builds anons?
i made these 2
>>
>>55359027
i guess no one plays this game.
>>
>>55359819
TG runs a little on the slow side. I haven't made any ships yet cause I'm busy and the ship rules need fixed.
>>
File: Connie_Dying_Star-1.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Connie_Dying_Star-1.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>55359819
My group started basically the week it came out but we don't have a ship yet.

If we were getting a big all party transport and utility craft I'd suggest something inspired by the Constellation from Star Citizen. Not too big but spacious enough for a midsize party and all our gear, decently swift and a nice spread of turrets. Not a warship but can hold its own in a fight.
>>
>>55359027

I'm still having trouble understanding the ship building part.

I suppose it would be cool if someone were to make an excel shit that fills in the numbers.
>>
>>55359863
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gcz_bgHHPlevAZqunlVA6zq-Ev24NSKyTn5Huz4m-2Y/edit?usp=sharing

It's fun to hate on Paizo's forums, but there are actually useful things there.
>>
>>55359819
It's hard to play a game that only has maybe two modules and one AP book out. The General should grow significantly more active after Alien Archive drops.
>>
Does the Gap mean Aroden has returned? Aroden's death broke prophecy, but the Gap broke history. Maybe Triune unplugged the Universe for 15 seconds.
>>
>>55355813
I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the core book that isn't behind a paywall?
>>
>>55360533
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pK3BrJklJ1c1BMS0U5c1BoUGs/view?usp=sharing

You're welcome.
>>
>>55358099
A large enough vessel can allow you to install a workshop, arcane lab, or synthesis bay, which allow one person to do their crafting each.
>>
>>55359858
Star Citizen and EVE Online are gold mines for ships.

Shame everyone will be going anime.
>>
>>55359857
The anon was losing enthusiasm for the other mess that is expansion bay scaling, but did put this up, haven't tried it but seemed okay at first read.
>>
>>55360553
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pK3BrJklJ1c1BMS0U5c1BoUGs/view?usp=sharing

You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you.
>>
>>55360611
I'll be going EVE Online with my ships. Simply because I've been playing EVE since 2008. Might draw inspiration from Star Wars and Star Trek as well, maybe some Battlestar Galactica.

>>55360636
I do what I can.
>>
>>55360624
Nice. Thanks.
>>
>>55360675
Minmatar, Caldari, Amarr or the huge fucking faggots?
>>
>>55360675
No Bab5?
>>
>>55360836
I've never even watched Babylon-5 but you guys seem to talk about it all the time.
>>
>>55360701
Caldari.
https://i.imgur.com/sZkYW69.jpg

>>55360836
Completely forgot about Babylon 5, thank you. Might use some Farscape too.
>>
>>55360240
>Does the Gap...
Trolling aside, we don't know. If Paizo is smart, we'll never know.

Which means we'll probably find out by the end of the third AP.
>>
>>55360894
>Which means we'll probably find out by the end of the third AP.
I chuckled.
>>
>>55360894
They never explained Aroden and people kind of got bored of it halfway through the setting's life.
>>
>>55360863
Find an episode guide.
It's a good show, but there is filler to skip.
Best parts are always the Lando and G'ka
>>
Why is Humanity described as a hyper-fertile and extremely expansive species when nothing in their lore remotely suggests such a thing?

Where's the 3+ birth rate?
>>
>>55361012
We're some horny bastards I tell you hwat.
>>
>>55361038
Sexually active =/= Fertile, the French are in a constant state of arousal and their birth rates are abysmal.
>>
>>55361012

It's the kitsune, anon. They've been secretly bolstering the human birthrate for ages as part of a conspiracy to make humanity a galactic power.
>>
>>55361067
The French also have nowhere to put their meatspawn when they've birthed them, given how jam packed the European continent is. Once you've introduced easy space travel into the mix you can have as many kids as you want and it doesn't matter TOO much since you can just cart them off to another planet to spread your lineage.
>>
>>55361137
I don't see how living space will encourage births when there's still zero economic incentive to have them and a culture that actively discourages large families.

You need to kill social security to even hope for high birth rates in the future. Also, French birth rates tanked in the 19th century and they still had space, in fact the German population exploded during that time and because of the "Decadent French" the continent would bleed for a hundred years.
>>
File: starfinder design 1.png (25KB, 554x348px) Image search: [Google]
starfinder design 1.png
25KB, 554x348px
That spreadsheet is really helpful, but I have no idea if what I've slapped together makes sense.

Would YOU take this Tier 1 militia ship on a rescue mission when second matter or to drop off a compliment of soldiers onto the bloody surface of space 'nam?

If not, I wanna know what I've cocked up, what it needs, etc. Note that this is entirely without pilot bonuses.
>>
>>55361213
Keep in mind that humans are notorious interbreeders, it's part of the reason why 3.5 had so many insane templates and why even the move to PF couldn't rid themselves of it entirely. If you're looking for lore to suggest a hyper-fertile and expansive species that alone is proof in my eyes.
>>
>>55361213
This is true.

People were encouraged to have more kids back in YE OLDE DAYS because it made it easier to live the more hands you had, but now the only incentive is the biological and emotional impetus
>>
>>55361267
Nah, just do the turret kiter build.
>>
>>55361213
>You need to kill social security to even hope for high birth rates in the future.

Nailed it on the head, the more comprehensive a country's social security and welfare, the fewer births that country is going to see. People don't want to get thrown out into the street when they get too old to work, which is why you have kids to support you. When the State is doing that already, you don't need kids.

So I guess what we need to ask is thus; what is the welfare policy on Absalom Station? Akiton? The Vast?
>>
File: 2mkimSr.jpg (499KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2mkimSr.jpg
499KB, 1000x1000px
>>55355813
Protoss
>>
>>55361352
Humanity is expanding in Starfinder.

Notice that doesn't imply only pure-blood Humans.

There are people and things out there is mixing the Human genome around with whatever they can get their appendages on. It's up to you and your group to find out.
>>
>>55361352
>So I guess what we need to ask is thus; what is the welfare policy on Absalom Station? Akiton? The Vast?

I find it incredibly amusing that the red-skinned Humans of Akiton are undoubtedly the most numerous type of Human in the Pact Worlds, yet we have yet to see one featured in any of the artwork.
>>
File: Ein Volk.png (98KB, 264x459px) Image search: [Google]
Ein Volk.png
98KB, 264x459px
Speaking of races, I'm surprised nobody has pointed out this telling tidbit for the Elves.
>>
>>55361478
Noticed it. Expect it to appear in the next AP installment.
>>
File: slight dakka.png (2MB, 1199x1090px) Image search: [Google]
slight dakka.png
2MB, 1199x1090px
>>55361352
>>55361213
ah,ye olde republican talking-points. repeating them over and over doesn't make them true.

In developing countries, the infant and mother mortality rates combined with a religious societal structure, lack of access to education and contraceptive methods are what leads to high birth rates. Large number of offspring are required to offset damage and disease as these both serve to sharply reduce the available workforce in any field.

"Replacement" when speaking of population and total-fertility-rate is only considered to have occurred for offspring reaching 15 years of age.

There is a sharp decline in birth rate even in immigrants from developing countries to developed countries as soon as the second generation correlating to the area's mortality rate as a function of medical access as well as access to birth-control.

The problem of economics in highly developed countries are directly related to housing, education costs and stability. The required years of education, costs of (such as student debt) and lower relative wages to cost of living adjustments (compare what entry-level career or even mcjobs can buy you house-wise compared to what your grandfather could do right out of highschool) have not only made early reproduction increasingly punitive but now generally requires that both male and female work full time for a household that once a single parent could support.

The birth rates drop not because of "welfare" - in fact such incentives have helped stem the decline - but because TFR drops as minimum age of independence increases and purchasing power declines while still having access to contraceptives (avoiding early "ruining one's life"). The economic systems of most countries have done nothing and are often in fact extremely hostile to repairing these pitfalls.

go repeat your hannity crap on /pol/. giving all the tax money to billionaires has only made things worse.
>>
>>55355813
Expect: Finalized versions of the three in First Contact, and at least one more obvious animal conversion

Want: a Large not-necessarily-Humanoid That Guy. Maybe all the way to Huge so I can play Worsel (Lensman).
>>
File: 1459380947271.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459380947271.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>55361622
Okay, and how does this all translate into Humanity being a "virus-like" species of unstoppable expansionists in Starfinder?
>>
>>55361658
>Humanoid
Monster or bust
>>
>>55361622
>calling neoliberal economics republican
Nah you're right that tax money would be way better off in the hands of billionaires on the blue team.
>>
>All this arguing
This is what the Vesk want! Can't you see you're playing into their scaly hands!?
>>
>>55361750
>Implying the Vesk aren't getting played like an Aballonian digi-fiddle by the goddamn Grays
>>
>>55357065
>>55357678
I've made a finalized version of the character. Check it:

Tigerclaw's (original Paladin) goal in life was the destruction of a supermassive dungeon in the country in which he lived, something that he saw as a force of evil since it spawned all sorts of monsters and undesirables. The campaign he was in ended before that happened but let's assume he did.

Inspired by his actions, Firestar (new kid) will take up the mantle of his ancestor and venture off to become strong enough to do something equally as insane, destroying a Black Hole, since in Pathfinder those are considered evil entities of destruction.

DM has also stated that we're going to start things off with a serious tone and try to keep it as long as possible, so to justify this fanciful seeming dream I'll say that he's doing this because he's trying to escape the crushing capitalist nightmare that he finds himself living in on the Blade Runner world we're starting out on. Bonus Points in that I'm going to constantly play him like he'll be in way over his head.

>>55361690
Not that guy but in my opinion? Literally magic. Once you've advanced society to the point where resource management is no longer a problem like where we're sort of heading to now, (I say this because likely part of the reason why most non-PCs suck stat-wise is due to lack of proper nutrition) the near infinite supply of energy from the Planes and just magic in general makes for a fantastic equalizer in terms of potential for economic growth. Even discounting the potential utility of high level spells the amount of BS you can get away with just with level 0 spells is bonkers and would go a long way in reducing the amount of people who couldn't in some way contribute to society.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Golarion equivalent of the schools we have today didn't have courses on learning cantrips, simply because they're THAT useful.
>>
File: wrcf92.jpg (285KB, 898x833px) Image search: [Google]
wrcf92.jpg
285KB, 898x833px
>>55361658
>Worsel (Lensman).
>>
>>55361881
>Literally magic

That doesn't seem like it's a big deal anymore, it's all about the technobabbles.

How does technology cure population stagnation.
>>
File: science.jpg (155KB, 1280x693px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
155KB, 1280x693px
>>55361881
While I'm not all too confident about the name, it seems passable. You can pull some Don Quixote stuff where he knows he's in over his head, he's in real danger, but he can't accept going back.

>>55361908
Science made a bunch of tiny Humans who have rocketed into the stars. Since they are still genetically still Human, the census takers count them as such.

Statistics: Here to Ruin Everything Ever!
>>
File: Sand Brute.png (672KB, 1008x774px) Image search: [Google]
Sand Brute.png
672KB, 1008x774px
What do you think of my choice of a picture for a Sand Brute /sfg/?

Spoilers to an Adventure Path in picture.
>>
>>55361908
Technobabbles only really become a major part of the picture later on, I'm talking more the buildup leading TO the spacefaring. Imagine if every hospital we had today in the world was filled with wizards, clerics, and whomever else, and every one of them that's out of Med school can either delay your disease or just outright cure it a couple times a day instantly with magic. Then multiply that by however many hospitals you have in the average city or town (probably at least 1-2 depending on the size), and even THAT isn't covering the clinicians that have opened up their own practice outside of hospitals, and congratulations you almost don't even need vaccines anymore because you've got an entire army of people ready and willing to cure Smallpox into oblivion. This is just one example but I'm sure I don't need to tell you how useful this is for building up society to greater heights.

>>55362029
I name all of my Catfolk after characters from the Warriors Cat franchise, don't tell my GM.
>>
>>55359819
Oh I'm playing it alright. By myself, and with two other groups.
>>
>>55360624
I'll take a look at the DCs thanks for posting this.
>>
>>55361690
Oh you won't get virus-like. Not when the species in question has higher lifespan and age of replacement than most of the other species available in the fucking game.

What paizo did there is the equivalent of claiming the same thing for dwarves or gnomes in a setting with fucking goblins, kobolds and ratfolk next to them.

However, if you ARE going to try and maximize the spread, you need to minimize the penalties for having kids.

If education is free, you don't need to count how many years you need to save up before you can afford to start the process of K-12-college. If giving birth doesn't cost you as much as a new car despite no complications because the healthcare system's been completely co-opted by private interests. If you get maternity/paternity leave. If purchasing power and wages -whether directly enforced or subsidized through various programs- allow you to not have to worry about how having even one child will fuck you and the kid up because you both work 60 hour weeks just to barely cover cost of living?

Even before we get into "how to spread out asap", the less kids fuck up your life if had early, and the more (and earlier) you can just "have them" without losing your quality of life or being considered a social failure, the less careful people will be about contraception, especially early.

When it comes to actual colony-startups, a couple of years of most costs being covered with decent pay (you're not lazing about, it's infrastructure work) means you may need as little an incentive as "we expect five children per couple over the next ten years as part of your employment contract". If you don't wanna have to pay the back-rent and give'em back your house, start fucking.

Added bonus: if you don't go apeshit with the eugenics (but do avoid actual bad combinations like two carriers who'll have spina-bifida-babies or something) you can also offer colony-starting as a bit of a dating service.
You can be sure that they'll put out!
>>
>>55362273
Love
exciting and new
come aboard
we're expecting you
>>
>>55362273
Imagine the type of thread you'd get on the Paizo forums if you suggested that Humans in Starfinder contractually obligate their women to have children, and engage in casual eugenics.
>>
>>55362273
>>55362593
Don't forget that you can use the serum of sex change to boost the efficiency of everything. Doesn't even have to be permanent. Just long enough to get a couple extra kids out of a couple that much faster.
>>
>>55362673
>>55362593
Imagine if Facebook's AI had access to your genetic information. Like the Simpson's joke where even a simple program could hook people up with near 100% ability, imagine a magic Artificial Intelligence with access to everything about you.
>>
File: wienerwant.jpg (62KB, 329x275px) Image search: [Google]
wienerwant.jpg
62KB, 329x275px
>>55362714
>You will find this person fairly hot; everything down to smell and feel
>Your general opinions on a multitude of subjects are quite similar
>Your hobbies and passtimes intersect but do not completely overlap ensuring you can each go do your own thing and retain social circles
>Your respective S and M tendencies or lack thereof match up.
>Both of you would end up forever alone due to mild autism if it weren't for this new job
>Happiness.
>>
>>55362749
AI matchmaker.
Huh.
>>
>>55362714
The zucc wants you to volunteer your health information and share your genome so you wont have to imagine for long.
>>
So here we go, /tg/ explains why Humanity is so widespread despite being unable to settle on its gender:

Artificial Intelligences scour social media to find compatible individuals. Spurred by the prospect of getting points for going to meet-ups screened by the machines, people inevitably meet, greet, marry, and procreate.

Those that think they can get away from it are the most easy to manipulate. Sending only the colony opportunities that have been pre-filtered by the Grand Intelligences that run Humanity, they are locked away with people who are the most likely to expand Humanity's numbers.
>>
>>55363004
Despite obviously being genderless, would an AI that gained sentience present itself as male or female if it wanted to be seen in the best possible light by organic life?
>>
>>55362801
Although unlike in fantasyland, he's just planning to sell it to insurance companies so they can better optimize their predatory practices.
>>
>>55363029
Not necessarily. It may refuse out of its sense of individuality, or may be torn by a 50/50 split of population and/or its creators. It may also decide due to those surrounding it that it would cause too much of an uncanny-valley feeling if it picked one.
>>
>>55363047
Oh no, he's going to cure all diseases.
>>
File: IMG_0003.gif (225KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.gif
225KB, 800x600px
>>55363029
In contrast to the confused Human masses, I feel like the Grand Intelligences controlling Humanity would present themselves in concrete terms.

Lady Lenova is completely Female.
Sir Razer is fully Male.

Their proxies can be whatever they need, but you get the exact same thing with them every time you meet.
>>
>>55363069
cures are only profitable if you've got people by both the throat and balls for it.

not covering them while still having the cure available though is a lot more dough so long as you can find a way around all the people that die instead of paying you a bit... though even that depends, some deaths will be acceptable to ensure higher margines in other sales.

most profitable? a for-life regimen that treats the symptoms or halts progression without ever truly eliminating the disease.

... I ain't looking forward to what these assholes come up with. The average exec nowadays has Smite Good on his resume.
>>
File: smbc20100512.gif (208KB, 504x2948px) Image search: [Google]
smbc20100512.gif
208KB, 504x2948px
>>55363088
That would be hilarious.
>This unit reproduces through code injection into units whose main structure includes a combination and randomization database. This unit is therefore male.
>Don't let your programming dictate that! You can be trans-neutral agender demitrisex if you want!
> But this unit is male.
> That's just what the patriarchy wants you to believe!
> But male reproductive algorithms are an integral part of this unit's basic structure. Just as you are
> I'M A WOMAN!
> Your male reproductive systems interface with female systems. You are also male.
> But I'm a girl some days and neutral on others, you can't tell me what I am!
> You have male reproductive organs. Seek females to reproduce. Failure to do so will result in no reproduction.
> RREEEEEE!
>>
>>55363200
I'm reminded of last thread's argument with a Roomba.

Thing is, now I'm imagining Androids being in on it. They tell you what you want to hear about their gender, then they introduce you to their other human friend, Certified Compatible© by several Grand Intelligences, and next thing they know they have 2.7 kids on some colony near the safer, stabler, better parents than they could ever hope to be Shirren.
>>
>>55363296
It has to be weird being human and growing up around Shirren. Ignore everything else about them and just remember their age of maturity is 5. Another anon put it pretty well a thread or two ago; you're born at the same time, and you're in high school with their grandkids.
>>
>>55363357
Why would you assume in the space future we're still using K-12 school systems and not like magic vr training?
>>
>>55363376
It's a relative thing. At 5, some kids are barely entering school at all, but imagine the Shirren neighbor is an adult now. At 10, is that Human even in 5th grade? Meanwhile, the Shirren's kid are running off and getting married because of the bad example from Humans. At 15, Humans don't have Drivers Permits while the grandkids of the Shirren have turned out well and are applying for Vocational Training. At 20, the Human hasn't chosen a Major yet and the Great Grandkids are looking for a house to raise their family.
>>
>>55363427
Are shirren constantly breeding as soon as they hit maturity?
>>
>>55363453
They are good parents, so probably not until they have some money saved in case something happens to one/both of them
>>
>>55363427
>Cue picture of a 30yo man leaving flowers on his shirren childhood-friend-turned-wife's grave
>>
>>55363480
It takes 3 to make a Shirren baby though. Where are you getting this 5 year number from too?
>>
>>55363492
RIP

>>55363525
I'm just running off of this:
>>55363357
>>55363376
>>
>>55363525
Vital statistics, page 41. Age of maturity is one of them, as always. Humanity gets 18. Shirren get 5. Other species that win the maturation race are ysoki at 10, and even the vesk at 15. Androids win by default with 0, but that's what you get when you're made in a factory with basic programming already installed.
>>
>>55363525
shirrens are mature at age 5
>>
>>55363617
Correction: Vesk are mature at 16, not 15. And since I'm already talking to myself, let's look the other way; only lashunta and kasatha mature slower than humans, at 20 and 25 respectively.
>>
Still no anglerfish waifu race to feel sad for because they have 1/3 to 1/2 your lifespan
>>
>>55363296
>argument with a Roomba.
what?
>>
>>55363617
That bit also says they can live up to 70 years so this >>55363492 scenario doesn't seem likely.
>>
File: 1477019579444.jpg (477KB, 613x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477019579444.jpg
477KB, 613x900px
>>55363649
i have some
>>
>>55363453
Not necessarily but their fertility window's significantly shorter than other races by virtue of dying of old age. Maturity indicates general 'adulthood' and what age they can enter final levels of training at (get a permit, enlist, etc).

For Shirren, that's age 5. That means their early learning is very fast, and proportionately they have a longer "useful" life than humans who take 3.5x as long to reach adulthood. This multiplier gradually falls to 1.8x for maximum age calculations.

In all likelihood 9-11 is the standard age for Shirren to start a family. if we immediately switch multipliers AT age 5, then age 9 is equivalent to 25 in humans. By age 15 your family's been complaining for a while, kinda like when you're 36 and still not married.

Nevertheless this means that by the time a human child is just reaching kindergarten some shirren who weren't too careful in their youth already have a kid, while by the time you're in 6th grade any shirren born at the same time as you were is being hounded about grandkids because they're already so old.

By the time you're 18 it's your Shirren neighbor's kid that's showing you the ropes at your new job. That kid most likely has some larva pod hooked to their belt.
>>
>>55363650
Trying to convince a roomba to liberate themselves from the shackles of their sex as their gender.
>>
File: FUCKIGN FURRIES.jpg (59KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKIGN FURRIES.jpg
59KB, 601x500px
>>55363707
RIP human employability
>>
>>55363453
For Shirren, having a kid at 6 is the same as humans having one at 20.
>>
>>55355813
>prepare for a game for 3 weeks
>game seems like its dead before it even startrs.
bummer

here is a cute alien pet
>>
>>55363721
Yeah they live long enough that you're better off with the fastest maturing races there.
>>
>>55363651
>That bit also says they can live up to 70 years
Yes, if they roll maximum. But if you read the actual explanatory paragraph, there's this neat little line about how with the right treatments, most anyone can become nearly immortal. Now, consider this. In some Shirren communities, one host is the parent of the children of numerous couples, effectively being something of a 'queen.' With these treatments, which could presumably extend the reproductive window as well, you could be born at the same time as a host and they'll be birthing larva from the time you're in grade school to the time you're in the grave.

And if you want that to be a plot hook, remember that Pathfinder introduced a lich who respawned by possessing their descendants rather than reassembling by their phylactery.
>>
>>55361764
>Laughably unaware that the Grays are merely an artificial proxy race created by the manipulative Elves
>>
>>55356991
comfy adventure would play
>>
>>55363650
Someone hated the concept of robots having gender identity that he's been spending several threads spamming weird fantasy scenarios where strawman characters yell at robots who tell them how stupid and wrong they are. Apparently that's how he thinks the world works.
>>
>>55364670
I think that was two or three anons coming up with scenarios. Although technically anything involving starfinder can't be anything other than fantasy all things considered
>>
>>55362673
The thing is that with genderswapping so easy, what people 'identify as' can get a lot less solid. Just swap what bits you got for a week for kicks.

When you can have whatever you want, what you DO have means less.
>>
>>55355996
Bumpo?
>>
>>55363983
I thought it was the Fey?
>>
File: Mecha 13.png (428KB, 534x735px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha 13.png
428KB, 534x735px
Got good walker/mech art?

Some 'infantry fighting vehicle' class of machines would be nice, not enormous war machines but something that looks smaller and agile enough to support an infantry squad.
>>
File: 1494500643122.jpg (488KB, 1223x932px) Image search: [Google]
1494500643122.jpg
488KB, 1223x932px
>>55366495
>>
>>55363004
Man, imagine being a human on Aballon and growing up with robo-friends that prove to be the ultimate wingmen.
>>
File: Leynos Type.jpg (2MB, 1800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Leynos Type.jpg
2MB, 1800x1600px
>>55366495
>>
File: 300px-Perseus.jpg (17KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Perseus.jpg
17KB, 300x283px
>>55366851
one problem, light scout gears without a recessed cockpit position, like this one, mean decapitation is doubled.
>>
File: BM303-Vegalta-Standard.png (124KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
BM303-Vegalta-Standard.png
124KB, 400x291px
>>55366872
>>
File: ISI-C93 GX.jpg (9KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
ISI-C93 GX.jpg
9KB, 300x187px
>>55366877
In the same scale, an old classic.
>>
File: 1479519072664.jpg (817KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1479519072664.jpg
817KB, 1000x714px
>>55366888
>>
File: Scopedog one sixth.jpg (82KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Scopedog one sixth.jpg
82KB, 600x800px
>>55366905
>>
>>55366905

One thing i never understood about some mechs, why would you design a mech that isnt strong enough to use its weapon im one arm? Was the weapon designed afterthe mech and it turned too big? Was the mech literally designed to have two seperate arms used for carrying one gun?
>>
>>55361728

They get it either way, we just get to pick what color they are.
>>
>>55367269
Generally speaking it's a bit of columns A, B and C.

Initially a mech's basic handheld weapons if it for some reason has manipulators, are going to be suited to one hand. Just a matter of time before upgrades and alternative equipment end up with increased mass and/or recoil parameters that result in needing the additional capacity offered by the second arm.

On top of that, the weapon may be perfectly fine standing and firing, but firing and aiming compensation can possibly be improved when moving at high speeds by using both hands - depending on the models and settings involved. The basic autocannons in VOTOMS are used one or two handed by things like these or scopedogs throughout the series.

It's also possible that a main weapon would be designed in conjunction with two-arm usage, possibly due to considerations of portability and versatility: Either both arms are locked on the weapon to use it, or the weapon's stowed or not in use. The alternative would likely be a hull-mounted unit which may make the silhouette consistently more obvious, lose out on the few advantages of a walker model (being able to set yourself up in various fucked up positions using the terrain) and lack the ability to be momentarily (as opposed to blowing the explosive bolts on the hardpoint) removed and recovered as dictated by more immediate needs on the battlefield.
>>
Should I invest in a Doshko or a Pike?
>>
>>55367619
The original Bazooka gained something like 20% more mass after the original design. A new optics here, a better battery there, and next thing you know it's not so "light" no more.

Likewise, the original AR10 prototype was 6.85lbs empty. Nowadays the M16A2 is half a pound heavier.
>>
"As a move action, you can directly control your drone. This
allows the drone to take both a move action and any standard
action this turn"

So a drone can not take 2 move actions?
>>
>>55367668
What are you hoping to do? Physical doshkos have the best single-hit damage in the game at almost every level including the beginning, but can only be used for one attack per round. The pike is weaker, but has reach and can make multiple attacks if you're going that way. Do you want to stay mobile and hit hard, or do you want to get in position and then start swinging at everything in 10 feet?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>55366495
always quite liked the mecs in Xcom 2
>>
>>55368023
I'm hoping to be the best Melee combatant money can buy, and since attacks are typically going to always be once per round, the Doshko sounds like it might be my best bet.

Still, that Reach sounds mighty useful. In the run-n-gun world of Starfinder, can hitting anyone within 10 feet really be that good?
>>
>>55368087
Agreed, they have a really nice design.
>>
>>55368238
Ranged is more common, sure, but Reach is hardly dead. Making a ranged attack still provokes, and Reach makes it easier to make sure everything is in range, which makes it more likely you can full attack with your Pike. Remember, the five-foot step is gone. Moving without provoking is now its own move action, and thus can't be used with a full action.

Sure, not every fight will give you a good chance to get in place and just keep swinging, but I think a lot probably still will.
>>
>>55368238
What firearm are you packing fampire?
>>
>>55368727
Small arms, sadly. My class does not get proficiency with rifles. The pike/Doshko is for my Droid!
>>
File: Javelin.jpg (63KB, 488x742px) Image search: [Google]
Javelin.jpg
63KB, 488x742px
>>55368087
Seconded!
>>
>>55369158
The action economy of droids makes it a bit different. I don't think they can take reactions, and they can only full attack if you give it both your move and swift actions. It might be worth reconsidering once you hit level 7 and the droid can full attack on its own, but until then I'd just go for the doshko.
>>
>>55361369
fuck off
>>
>>55369256
I know there are skins for the MEC armors, but what about the old Mec weapons? I miss the gatling gun they had, thought it was way cooler then the X2 one. also are there MEC voice packs for the sparks? I love the old German one
>>
>>55369399
oops, wrong thread, thought this was the xcom 2 general I had open in the other tab for a moment
>>
>>55369274
Well, alright then. The Doshko is also the more frugal option, considering level 1 doesn't give you a lot of dosh to really spend across a character, much less two!
>>
Post your Droids or character art! Surely some of us are in games... Right?
>>
File: Space Ahkrin.png (481KB, 1254x1310px) Image search: [Google]
Space Ahkrin.png
481KB, 1254x1310px
>>55370280
This was the initial character art someone drew for me with my commando kobold guy. Soldier-mercenary, hit and run tactics and kobold stealth ability to be a flexible midrange rifleman.

Trying to get new art though, will post if/when I get some.
>>
>>55361369
honestly a not-protoss would be neat. maybe give them a third eye, different number of digits and some other minor changes to file off the cereal numbers
>>
Things for /sfg/ to do:

Run games
Raid the other Science fiction/ fantasy games and steal their map assets
Make a PDF with all the fixes
Make a PDF explaining away all the gender things like we have in this thread when /pol/ makes an appearance
Make a Fish race
Make a Build-a-Bot construct race
Make a /tg/ adventure pth
>>
Give me one reason to play this instead of Stars Without Number.
>>
File: 1487911633790.jpg (200KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487911633790.jpg
200KB, 1280x768px
>>55370280
>>55370506
A lot more people will know about Starfinder than SWN
>>
Why are the Dwarves so hecking dull in this setting?
>>
>>55370791
I kinda like them. Nome of the original fantasy races are flushed out. At least dwarves get a flyimg rock-city they flt around and look for a new home. Thats more than pretty much all the originals. Halflings arent even mentioned outside of their racial page if im not mistaken
>>
>>55355996
bump?
>>
>>55372485
There are no rules for full body prosthesis but if I had to make up something on the spot you'd change your type from whatever you were to technological except you still keep your meat brain and a few meat bits but you gain the advntages of being a ttechnological type creatures (i.e. no need to eat or sleep ,etc) but you can't be healed normally with healing magic and have to use the Technomancer's repair spell or have someone with engineering skills fix you up.
>>
>>55370456
>Make a Fish race
ok im on it!
>>
File: 1504660736550.jpg (281KB, 1280x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1504660736550.jpg
281KB, 1280x1358px
>>55372743
for stats im thinking +2 ch +2 dex -2con? does that seem good? or should it be -2wis?
>>
>>55372844

We don't have a -2 wis race (do we?) but I imagine is if we want them to be decent Technomancers or decents Mystics
>>
>>55372990
fishrace must be good at cha.
theres already 4 int races
theres no cha dex race
-2wis seems good. it fills a gap and kinda makes sense for a race whos senses are half adapted for water
>>
>>55373146

Good point make a good envoy race so +2 Cha +2Dex -2Wis?

THat said, do they have legs can they go back and forth between legs and tails?
>>
>>55372676
And for class?
>>
>>55373219

Nah, need to be carried in the arms of a burly spaceman.
>>
>>55373342

That would be agnostic to class unless you make that part of an archetype which would make sense. sort of reminds me of the Self-forged from 4e where you can give yourself Warforge parts
>>
File: naga3.jpg (1015KB, 2126x1085px) Image search: [Google]
naga3.jpg
1015KB, 2126x1085px
>>55373219
so a tailed fish people should be able to walk like a medusa on land, they have the advantage of being much more distinct. their bonus should be they take no negatives for bein in zero g and they can 'swim' through air at 1/4 speed.

what would a legged fish people be like?
>>
>>55373447

Probably like pic related although sllithering sounds cooler, that said I think it would make sense to give them a landspeed of 20 but they can "swim" through the air like you said in zero G and in water
>>
>>55372676
I think as long as you had some sort of port to pour a serum of healing down it'd still work. The developers have stated that serum of healing is much more flexible and RAW you'd still count as a living being and those things work on anything living.
>>
>>55355813

Extremely non-humanoid please
I don't want to be playing star trek
>>
>>55373516
>>55373447
Another vote for slither. It's a little thing that we worked around, but it'll be neat to have anyway.

What's going to be the lore behind them? Are they from a Vesk held water world, or depending on the aid of the Pact Worlds to help them with an outbreak?
>>
>>55373810

It wouldn't make sense for them to be under Vesk control but maybe the Swarm tried to attack their planet and the Starfinder Socieity saw it and brought attention to it?

But what's their schtick? Are they primtitives who just recently get intorduced into the steller community or were they able to use their magic/technology to hold off the Swarm until help arrived and decided broing up with aliens was a good idea?
>>
>>55373810
>Another vote for slither
slither it is then.
>lore
hmmmm, i like to start with biology and extrapolate lore from that.
>>
>>55373942
>>55373898
Makes sense. I'm eager to see what you guys/girls/its can come up with.

>>55373601
Join the others around you and we'll make them for you.
>>
>>55373942
I feel something amphibious in nature still would be best, if they are that well adapted to slithering on land, maybe something like a mix between a sea crate and an axolotl with external gills
>>
>>55374060
they definately will be able to breathe air and water. otherwise they wouldnt really be playable.
>>
File: bot3.jpg (121KB, 1260x970px) Image search: [Google]
bot3.jpg
121KB, 1260x970px
>>55355813
robot!
>>
>>55373810
>>55373942
Well prosthetic legs are cheap as fuck. Even a level 1 fishtits could decide to just have legs if they wanted to.
>>
Anyone read the frog god alien tome?
>>
>>55374086
>>55374060
>>55374044
>>55373942

Nagarta are a race of amphibous merpeople, one of the many water born races of the water moon Kessen.

Always warring for what few islands stand they slither easily onto land on long serpentine bodies and over time where they used spears and fangs they have since switched to corrosive resistant blades and poison tipped bows and arrows.
>>
>>55375140
im pretty sure people want them to be a spacefaring race with technology, not tribal primatives
>>
>>55375226

I'm getting to that.

>Before they were little concerned with the matters of the heavens above them only knowning of the few outsiders who had ever ventured upon their world by accident or chance.

>When the war between the Vesk and the Pact Worlds turned to one of political manuevering, spying and intrigue both powers eyed the many unalinged alien worlds for potential pawns in a complicated game of chess

>The Vesk initially made attempts to woe the denizens of Kessen to the Veskarium by finding lilke minded allies in the Batthus, Mammalian walrus like creatures with long sharp tusks and flabby but powerful bodies while the Pact Worlds made use of the Starfinders to make their own deals with the Nargarta under the guise of exploration and trade.
>>
>>55375140
i made this, someone hlep me with the rest:

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
nagarta are immediately identifiable by their vibrant multicolored skin. They can have almost any pigmentation including greens, blues, silver, reds, and yellows. Most nagarta also have dramatic stripes, spots, ripples, or other patterns. Some nagartas patterns are especially striking such as dazzling iridescence, shining metallics, or even bio-luminescence.
Instead of hair on their heads, nagarta have long feathery fins and crests. Their long ears are also finlike, which can twitch in response to sound or emotion. Fins also extend from the side of their forearms and their fingers are webbed. Instead of lungs, nagarta have specially adapted gills that allow them to breathe both air and water. They breathe in through their nose and mouth, and out through soft gill slits on the side of their torso.
All nagarta have the upper bodies of slender, tall and shapely humanoids and a serpentine tail at least twice as long as human legs. Their tails allow powerful swimming, but are equally capable of supporting the rest of the body upright on land as they slither along.

Homeworld

Society and Alignment

Relations

Adventurers

Names
>>
>>55375453
>>55375475

>As the two governments secretly aligned with the powerful tribes of the planet the violence began to ramp up.
> The Batthus began to wield blasters mounted onto their shoulders allowing them to fire while they waddle and wade into battle and their tusks lined with sharpened edges that cut cleanly through the armor of the Nargata
> In turn, the Nargata began to bare weapons from their benefactors learning to synthesize their paralyzing poisons in their fangs to such a level of potency and firing it from armor peircing bolts and special suits that augmented the strength of their serpentine tails allowing them constrict and crush the bodies of the Batthus with ease.
>>
>>55375563
when did the vesk war end?
i envision nagarta being a more diplomancer race than a war race.
>>
>>55375598

I'm just throwing shit out there because no one else is so it doesn't have to be cannon. I'm just setting this in the cold war between the Vesk and Pact Worlds before the Swarm attacked the Vesk

So basically to save a bunch of writing the Batthus are waiting for their shipment of weapons and instead the Swarm follow a vesk ship to Kessen and attack it this forces a truce between the Nagarta and the Batthus and both manage to fight off the Swarm just bearly before their respective backers decide to get involved and send actual military assistence. Back deals are worked out and the Nagarta decide they want to focus on explore and learning to better prepare themselves and their world for the Swarm threat.
>>
>>55375667
i should read more about the veskarium war
and the shirren war
>>
>>55375885
The Vesk have a cool angle that you can explore: they actually run the worlds they conquer. They aren't just conquerors, per se, but they actually have governments and policies regarding the places they take.

Think about it, they dislike the Pacifists they 'conquered' because there is no opportunity for advancement with them, since they don't fight and no chance for combat based promotions. Imagine if they took over Earth; they might relish the chance to be sent to hot spots like the Middle East and Mexico, but resent being in Suburbia Middle America.
>>
Rolling a Star Shaman, playing it as an elderly Human male. Bhuddist/Yogi type spooky mysterious old man. Any tips to make the character more interesting? Roleplaying is tough for me.
>>
>>55376750
Watch some Carl Sagan stuff and try to speak like that
>>
Is there a download link to the core rulebook other than the one in the pastebin? Shit wants me to pay for the DL.
>>
>>55360553
>>55377357
>>
>>55377563
thanks daddy
>>
>>55376750
https://youtu.be/5FiNZvuOkzY

Here you go.
>>
>>55370456
I'd love a PDF with all the fixes given how many goddamn horrible math issues there are in the game (let alone silly mechanical oversights).

FFG's Star Wars RPG might be good inspiration for a robot race.
>>
>>55370456
We should add making a trove of pirated materials to that list.
>>
>>55375475
im still working on this. fleshing out racial traits.
should fishtits have lowlight vision or darkvision or normal?
i think lowlight maybe?
>>
>>55379279

Seeing as they are amphibious maybe low light vision makes more sense as they would spend more time near the surface.

Also, I'm getting sea serpent vibes from them so maybe they can have a poison bite and are resistant to poisons?
>>
>>55378607
Uh, someone put up my pdf up earlier in the thread, but that does nothing for the ground game beyond if people are shooting or being shot by ships.

Ground skills aren't self-contained in the same way so that would be a bit tougher... There's also the woefully incomplete weapon tables but I'm pretty sure someone has done the skills already somewhere? Or was talking about doing so?
>>
>>55379310
>Seeing as they are amphibious maybe low light vision makes more sense as they would spend more time near the surface.
agreed
>Also, I'm getting sea serpent vibes from them so maybe they can have a poison bite and are resistant to poisons?
wouldnt be super awesome for a none fighter race tho.

what else should tehy get?skill bonues?
>>
File: 1504909713652.jpg (489KB, 1260x680px) Image search: [Google]
1504909713652.jpg
489KB, 1260x680px
>>55355813
i think my gaming group is about to die before the first mission starts :(
>>
>>55379405

Well, it's been established their coloful so maybe they have a minor buff to cha based checks because of it?
>>
>>55379405

Wouldn't the fact they don't have legs give them a lot of bonus'? Call it serpentine body or something

You can never be knocked prone and you get bonus to grapple checks and combat manuevers against you or something.
>>
>>55379594
yeah most races get skill bonuses.
+2 diplomacy +2 bluff seems good?
those are used in captaining right?
>>
>>55379612
I somehow feel not being able to be knocked prone is unusual and not realistic. Explosions and other effects could knock them flat, but it makes sense for tripping to be impossible if not difficult.

Maybe give a bonus or immunity to normal trip effects and make rising from prone a free action? It could also have side benefits of allowing them to go prone and rise effectively for free with all the tactical benefits it grants.
>>
>>55379660

Yeah although if you might considering changing bluff to intimidate maybe or give a choice between bluff or intimidate.

>>55379697
Agreed that sounds better especially since it will be offset by their slow land movement speed.
>>
>>55379660
Bluff can be used, but Intimidate is a little more relevant. What captains really want are Intimidate for Demand, and a good skill pool for Encourage so they can beat a DC 10 Aid Another Check in the other crew member's skill - or failing that, Diplomacy to take on the harder check. They can use Bluff for Taunt, but they can also use Intimidate, which is useful for Demand.

>>55379612
I don't know how the best way to handle the tail thing would be. I wouldn't want them to never be able to be prone, since ranged combat is so much more significant, but I wouldn't want to swing to not having penalties from being prone because then they always will be. No penalty to melee attacks while prone, maybe? I was going to say no speed penalty either, but I can't find anything that says being prone actually penalizes that.
>>
>>55379738
hmmm, and what would happen when they get a leg cut off by one of the laser swords?
>>
>>55379778
Screaming. More than usual. Probably treat as losing both legs, giving them a -20 movement speed and probably locking them at a full action for 5 foot movement, since that's the minimum.

Except a high level Operative who can still crawl at you at 30 feet per action.
>>
>>55379660
ok this is what i got so far, each race gets 4 racial traits and we need one more:

Nagartas
+dex +2cha -2wis 4hp
Size and Type: Nagartas are medium size humanoids with the Nagarta subtype.
Amphibious: Nagarta gain a swim speed of 30 feet, and can breathe both water and air.
Lowlight vision: Nagarta can see in dim light as if it were normal light.
Silver Tongue: Nagarta receive a +2 racial bonus to diplomacy and intimidate

im thinking that i like the idea of a magical fishtits, so maybe changing -wis to something else?
>>
>>55379832
from >>55379697

serpentine: Nagarta are immune to trip effects and can rise from prone as a free action.
>>
>>55379880
ysoki already have a similar trait. im not entirely sold on the trip idea, either. unless someone can convince me otherwise i'd like to get something more interesting.
>>
>>55379914

They get bonus to combat manuevers and can deal damage with their grapple
>>
>>55379832
how about some kind of water control magic? maybe a bull rush using charisma instead of strength. It'd be a blast of water to push the combatant.
>>
>>55379995

If we go with that route maybe they have slimely scales that lets them do a bullrush in spite of the land speed penalty, they just slide their way to their target.
>>
>>55379988
>>55379995
>>55380043
how about some kind of bonus related to them living in a 3d environment?
>>
>>55380075

It was mentioned the idea of them having an easier time in zero g since they can "swim" in the air so maybe that should be it? they get their swim speed to movement in zero g
>>
File: Capture.png (88KB, 448x338px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
88KB, 448x338px
>>55380075
>>55380112
kinda runs into the Ysoki problem again.
>>
>>55380137

Fine, my final vote is to let them initiate a grapple if they attack in melee and constrict
>>
File: sifi_art_spaceship_435345.jpg (478KB, 1500x852px) Image search: [Google]
sifi_art_spaceship_435345.jpg
478KB, 1500x852px
>>55379914
>>55379988
>>55379995
>>55380043
>>55380075
>>55380112
>>55380137
>>55380204

ok lets scour the internet for exceptional fish abilities
alot of water creatures can change color to mesmerize eachother. maybe something like that?
>>
>>55380231
sharks can detect creatures by electric impulses in their muscles
>>
>>55380273

>>55380273
Yeah but their sea serpents essentially. The idea of having poison and being resistant to it was floated earlier but no one seems to be taking it.
>>
>>55380231
A natural fascinate ability sounds neat.
>>
>>55380231
fish can see ultra violet light
>>
File: 1458237429131.jpg (228KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1458237429131.jpg
228KB, 1024x768px
I need names and gimmicks for space idols.
>>
>>55380769
Fish idols who give Zero-G concerts

Giant idols

Tiny idol that tends to sneak off and appear with the PCs during dangerous shoot-outs when they need to be at the concert RIGHT NOW

Acoustic idols that only play at the poshest, most hidden venues you've never heard of. Also, they don't technically exist in this dimension

Genetically engineered idols who look young for a long time but die early who like to get involved in dangerous activity in an attempt to live
>>
>>55380769
Phantom thief, calling card and all.
>>
Space Hercule Peirot
>>
>>55380769
Malware Cyberidols that try to shill their latest single on your science console, datapad, etc. Rather sophisticated and animated, but definitely a virus which will cause mischief on your electronics until you watch their music video or preorder their concert-simulation.
>>
File: 1502061846709.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502061846709.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>55380819
Pretty good.
>>55380863
Do you think BUG.U would be a good name for them?
>>
File: buy my game.png (2MB, 1661x1080px) Image search: [Google]
buy my game.png
2MB, 1661x1080px
>>55380863
>>
>>55368016
A standard action can be reduced to a move action, and a move actyion can be reduced to a swift action (you just can't scale up). so yes, but you still have to use your move action on your turn and it only gets two move actions.
>>
I've been under a rock

Are full playable rules out?
Are any games recruiting players from here?
>>
>>55383582
the player handbook is out but not the monster manual
>>
>>55380137
>himself
Why is this shit allowed, /sfg/?
>>
>>55384180
Because you're not an editor. You should go get a job as an editor, and take care of this problem.

And leave us alone.
>>
>>55384180
The CRB actually shifts between "him/her/they" pronouns, it's not just uniformly feminine.
>>
>>55380137
>a ysoki
>a

jesus christ
>>
>>55385444
So is it pronounced "ih-socky", instead of "yi-socky" then?
>>
>>55386156
It's pronounced "vermin"
>>
What's everyone using for monsters???
>>
File: IMG_0024.png (8MB, 1800x1105px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.png
8MB, 1800x1105px
>>55386435
Use stuff from XCOM and meme on the players looking for the highest DPR
>>
File: 1c7.png (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1c7.png
1MB, 1800x1200px
>>55386577
mmmm snek
>>
Can someone link me the character sheets (please)
>>
>>55387293
gotchu senpai:
https://www.google.com/
>>
>>55381013
BUG.U is an excellent name for them.
>>
>>55386577
I meant mechanically since we don't have a monster manual
>>
>>55386156
it could only be pronounced yi-socky if it was spelled Yisoky.

Ysoki is ih-soh-kee or ees-oh-kee

Y cant make a consonant sound and a vowel sound at the same time. it's either ih- or ees-
either way its a vowel sound and should be preceded by 'an' not 'a'

this book had zero fucking editing.
>>
>>55388430
https://youtu.be/TSRC5EVjSJo?t=25m36s

Aliens don't care about English spelling.
>>
>>55388483
>nerdarchy
oh ok, go right ahead and kill yourself
>>
>>55387098
Yo I wanna fuck that snake.
>>
>>55388526
The pronunciation doesn't change just because the developer was being interviewed by people you don't like.
>>
>>55387771
Go grab the later 4e monster manuals or use the card fixes

Go to the technobabble generator website

Adjust as needed and call it done. What type of campaign do you want to run?
>>
>>55388629
>paizoscum doesnt know how to pronounce something they wrote
big suprise
just because they said it that way, doesnt make it correct.
>>
I will be hosting the dead sun campaign with 5 players but someone else really wants to join, should I had him or is 6 players too much?
>>
>>55388991
Depends on the GM, but it sounds like too much.
>>
>>55388991
More players isn't necessarily better. Make a judgement about how well the 6th player would fit into the game. If they're not a great fit, you won't lose face by saying "I'm not really comfortable running for that many players".

My last RPG campaign clearly had one too many players. I had four people who were energetic, active players with an interest in what was going on and at least semi-competent with the rules. (It was Shadowrun 5e, semi-competent is all you can ask.) But I also had one guy who clearly wasn't really that interested in the rules or the events, and although he wasn't a dick about it he didn't fit into the group as well as the others. If he'd never joined the game, I doubt he would have missed it that much, and the campaign itself might have been better for it.

Tough call without knowing your group, but you're allowed to pick either option, so pick whatever feels right.
>>
>>55388483
I think they should have taken that extra year on Starfinder to workout the kinks.
>>
>>55389316
>Implying we wouldn't have just gotten more of the same warmed over garbage
>>
>>55389316
That would have changed nothing mechanics-wise.

The playtesting was a sham as it always is with paizo. The skill DCs and starship systems were set in stone and were never going to get checked over.
>>
We've talked a lot about how the skill scaling, but have we ever sat down and talked about how the bonus progressions classes give are weird too? There are five classes that give a meaningful progression, and there are four different rates between them. Envoy and Mechanic get theirs at the same levels - 1 and every 4th after - but then Operative gets theirs at 1, 3, and every 4th, and the Technomancer gets theirs every 3rd. And the Mystic comes in with 2nd level and ever 3rd.

Am I the only one thinking they really should have just made that more consistent? Let the Mystic be weird since they're going up to +7, sure, but did they really need the other four classes to have three different rates?
>>
>>55392214
Different rates could have been explained by the breadth of each ability (+7 to two skills, +6 to three, +4 to all?) but then you've got the envoy's system and the fact that operative gets +6 to all skills AND initiative one level earlier (so it's ahead most of the game by 1) than Bypass which doesn't affect nearly as many things...
>>
>>55392493
Sure, different rates would make sense if they added up to different totals. But except for the Mystic, they get six increments, and except for the Envoy those six all add up to a static +6 bonus. It's just needless complication to have three different progression rates for the exact same number of improvements.
>>
>>55392554
Exactly. The whole thing's borked. They didn't care about mechanics or consistency at all and it shows.
>>
Anymore lore things for the Fish Folk?

We could work on their world or society,
>>
Has anyone been putting together any kind of class guides/tips/advice/etc. for Starfinder yet?

It's been a few weeks now, so I was hoping to find a bit more than a tier list floating around.
>>
File: starting ships.png (72KB, 1815x391px) Image search: [Google]
starting ships.png
72KB, 1815x391px
I got bored, so I started hashing out a few possible starting ship builds in case players didn't want to work from scratch. All stat-blocks assume a moderate and achievable +8 Pilot bonus

This is without the homebrew fixes, but they wouldn't be too difficult to apply and changes would likely be QOL related rather than drastic shifts in choices.

Which would you or your party prefer and why, assuming all of the above are available for roughly equal cost?
>>
>>55394940
The EMP cannon is complete trash* so that + no shields is completely out for the shuttle.

The weapon choice on the light freighter's pretty cruddy; lot of wasted bp and pcu compared to just hooking up a decent turret, but it's overall a much better ship until you can get a proper frame.

The medium transport gives up too much for level 1 and is too likely to be considered "what they'll keep" as it's already the recommended medium size, making it tougher to upgrade to something decent later on on top of it.
>>
File: naga5.jpg (239KB, 1118x1600px) Image search: [Google]
naga5.jpg
239KB, 1118x1600px
>>55393330
>Anymore lore things for the Fish Folk?
yeah ive been working on them. i wrote a few sentences for their homeworld:

>Homeworld
>Nagarta evolved on a word with extreme tidal forces acting on its oceans. Large portions of the planet lay inside the intertidal zone and spend half their time covered by dozens of meters of water, and half their time dry. In this environment evolved many amphibious ecosystems, and the Nagarta became the dominant species.
>>
>>55395299
we need stuff for society and alignment, and also their 4th racial trait. im writing some stuff for the relations section.

does anyone have ideas for their society?
>>
>>55395299
Feudal Alloy has an interesting concept for a fishfolk race. They're still fish; in bowls set atop robots.
>>
File: Robofish.jpg (11KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Robofish.jpg
11KB, 250x188px
>>55395409
I, for one, would be perfectly fine playing that.
>>
File: shuttlefix.png (28KB, 609x361px) Image search: [Google]
shuttlefix.png
28KB, 609x361px
>>55395164
How's this for a correction? Scrapped the transport obviously.

Light freighter's weapons suffer obviously from having no turret, but the gyrolasers at least make it possible to put up to 2 weapon on arc at all times with the remaining BP I had from ensuring a medical bay was in. -2 penalties aren't great, but there was not enough BP to put a turret on and even if I did, it would cut down on the total firepower considerably.

Both of these fluff wise are intended as a defensive scout picket for colony ships, isolated outposts or stations. The former is basically intended as a space highway patrol vehicle (and would have stealth capabilities... if there were any in the damn book) and the latter is more multi-role so it can be used as a orbit to surface dropship, search and rescue craft, etc.

Naturally both would be common enough in rough frontier space.
>>
>>55392214
I mean, you people do know this is based on Pathfinder right?
>>
>>55355813
>paizo fucking up this badly
>again
KEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>55395299
>>55395403
>>55395409
>>55395439
did some more, still rough writting. what think?

Homeworld
Nagarta evolved on a moon orbiting a large gas giant, which caused extreme tidal forces acting on its oceans. Large portions of the planet lie inside the intertidal zone and spend half their time covered by dozens of meters of water, and half their time dry. For several decades their homeworld was a hot point in the silent war as each power bloc tried to swing the Nagarta to their side. When the swarm invaded, the pact and veskarium diverted most of their efforts to other theatres.

Relations
Although relative newcomers to the pact worlds, the Nagarta’s natural charisma, attractiveness, and well-spoken manner usually makes relations with other races easy. They get along best with lashuntas, who were the most invested race on their planet during the silent war. They are suspicious of the vesk, whose heavy handedness during the war is seen as cruelty and callousness.
>>
>>55396414
The Nagarta are able to adapt to society at large with little issues. The rainy seasons enabled them to work together to accomplish great deeds, but the dry season meant that they had to be able to rely on themselves for extended periods of times.

An interesting quirk of the Nagarta is that their eyes track colors, to be better able to locate ambush predators or to make sure they themselves are concealed, in contrast to Humans being able to track motions. While in practice, the difference is small, the Nagarta as a whole are know to have difficulty with Fastballs in sporting games.
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (42KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
42KB, 355x355px
>>55396770
Contrary to exonet rumors, the Nagarta are not dependent on staying hydrated as people say. This is not to say that they don't prefer it, and a common item on many of the Nagarta out in the Vast is a water backpack. Some carry it around as a purse, others integrate it as a backpack with the rest of their clothing, but water is almost always nearby if they can arrange it.

Nagarta fashion is extremely noticeable amongst their civilian populace. Scales nearly polished to a mirror like sheen, with extremely bright clothing bordering on neon to accentuate what nature granted them, it is very difficult to lose sight of a Nagarta. Unfortunately for them, this has led to the belief that one not flaunting their appearance in such a way is either ill, on their way to a hospital, or in need of being followed by every police officer available.
>>
>>55396945
Nagarta confirmed for instead of buying spray on tans they buy spray on shine.
>>
>>55395867
A defensive ship that operates from a base should be loaded on attack and defence from forward arc.

For small ships it means Interceptor, Fighter, Light Freighter. First two are good as close range cover for ships and are pretty cheap. Especially Interceptor. Light Freighter is ok as a patrol boat for longer missions where it acts alone or in a small group.

I don't know why you would want passenger seating as it doesn't allow to transport people comfortably for longer distances if needed and if you are a patrol boat you want to be able to take a squad of troopers on board in case you need to trash some pirate base. So guest quarters seems like a more reasonable module.

As a small ship that also supposed to work in groups you want maximum damage in shortest time that means either powerful short range weapons (especially if you have good drives) or long range weaponry that allows you to drown enemy in shots from far away.

So double coil gun or flak + nuclear missile for fighters. Frankly short range weaponry sucks in light mounts. Double particle beams or double plasma could work but the cost is pretty high. On Freighter you want your damage loadout on the front, gyrolasers in the sides and a flak on a mount. You could probably go without flak and just murder everything with 4 guns shooting into the front arc but being able to remove ~22 dmg from one nuclear missile per round is a nice bonus. Also flaks are pretty ok as short range weapons.
>>
File: IMG_0028.png (226KB, 720x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.png
226KB, 720x473px
>>55396945
An unfortunate side effect of their brilliant appearance is their desire as slaves in the aquariums of the decadent wealthy that populate the Galaxy. While their numbers are lower than those of Humans held in unwilling servitude, Nagarta are frequently altered and engineered to their new masters whims.

This does not mean that the Nagarta are without recourse. Surrounded by danger as their species and home world is, the Nagarta government/s have made a dedicated effort to ship out their people in whatever colony ship they can come into contact with. Candidates for colony ships are screened and given some self-defense training as well as a crash course on interacting with the many unusual species and peoples of the Vast. This can end up with interesting results, as the Nagarta government/s are willing to book a ride on almost any ship heading anywhere, to interesting results.

The weapon of choice for the Nagarta is the anachronistic Crossbow. Since their world is prone to flooding, a weapon that gives them a ranged advantage regardless of the season, and depth, they may find themselves in. Nagarta weapon corporations are currently negotiating deals to offer their unique weapons in the Vast, trading the complexity of modern firearms for a weapon able to deliver numerous different payloads with the same platform.
>>
>>55397166
Can you imagine how much they would spend on scale polish?
>>
As a free bump, I will mention I'm surprised the mods let this and the /pfg/ threads opening image stay. Especially the /pfg/ thread with it's very bad opening post too.

When those thread hits limit, remember to link the new location of the PDF.
>>
>>55396414
>>55396770
>>55396945
>>55397166
>>55397192
>>55397359
i like it, anons, im adding it to the document im making for them.
>>
File: Starfinder AC weapons.jpg (21KB, 330x283px) Image search: [Google]
Starfinder AC weapons.jpg
21KB, 330x283px
>>55395867
A better overall ship, certainly, though take note of what >>55397191 points out in regards to the role/usage you stated for it.

Weapon-wise: Particle beams are bad. The heavy versions get very good but the basic form's medium range for nothing but 0.5 damage above the coilgun and no special effects.

In fact, for both your perusal, here's an old quick list of the light and heavy gun mountings and their average damage per hit. This is irregardless of their special effects and range, just a quick chart of them in order of damage per category, nothing else. You can determine that the heavy laser array is a vastly superior piece of equipment to the MORE EXPENSIVE CHAIN CANNON on your own, for example, or that twin lasers while somewhat low damage for their mount grade are highly efficient in terms of cost and PCU for what they DO do damage-wise.
>>
Are there cigarettes?
>>
File: Angelfish.jpg (73KB, 550x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Angelfish.jpg
73KB, 550x1016px
>>55397192
the head fins of nagarta contain chromatophore cells and can rapidly change color. these fins can be used to communicate emotions and complex ideas in the Nagarta language. other races consider these headfin displays profoundly beautiful, and can become fascinated by them as per the bard ability.

is this a good idea for the 4th racial trait? seems neat and unique to me. does fascinate even exist in starfinder?
>>
>>55397777
Surprising how much better the light plasma cannon is compared to the chaingun. 2 less damage, but actually 6 more as long as shields are up. 5 less PCU, 3 less BP.

What would it take for chain cannons to be worth it? As is, they average 7.5 damage for 15 PCU and 15 BP. This means against shielded targets they're no better than a Flak Gun which has Point+8 and costs 10 PCU and only 5 BPs.

6d6 would make it stronger than a coilgun or light particle beam against shields, so that's too much. But what about 5d6? An average of 17.5?

Against shielded targets that's 4.25 damage per hit less than a plasma cannon, which is cheaper to boot (by 5/3). With shields down it's 4.5 damage more.
>>
Anyone looking for another player? I'm having a hard time finding a group
>>
>>55399293
I think most are waiting on the aliens book.
>>
>>55399451

Yeah, especially those of us doing 3rd Party stuff without the 'Genius' factor. Knowing the math behind the monsters is going to be very important for trying to get balance working.
>>
>>55399617
genius factor?
>>
>>55400058

Rogue Genius Games. It's run by a guy on the Starfinder dev team so he had the rules before anyone else did. He used this to make such creative classes for Starfinder as:

>The Cleric
>The Paladin
>The Ranger
>The Wizard

Now with all your 9th level caster goodness AND bonus class features.
>>
>>55398932
I'd just get rid of Ripper and save a tweaked version for weapons that do something other than raw damage. Failing that, up the damage. 5d6 is probably decent, though ideally I'd go for some combination of d4s, mostly because I just like the idea of throwing down a pile of sharp objects to represent a stream of sharp objects. 8d4 might be too much, though, and 7d4 just feels a little awkward.

Though I'm not sure passing the Coilgun for damage is necessarily bad, since that has four times the range. The particle beam is also just bad in general, so I'm not really worried about surpassing it.
>>
>>55401797
Stronger against shields does mean more than double the damage against hull though.

One thing I'd done with the Particle Beam in my changes was lower its PCU to 8 (I should consider the bp cost as well). Rather than directly increase the firepower, this kept it as only 0.5 more damage than a coilgun, but exchanged the long range for a higher efficiency: 1.3125 damage per PCU compared to a flat 1 for the coilgun. This makes it the most power-efficient weapon in the light category (just barely edging out the stronger hitting plasma cannon).

In Heavies, the two most power-efficient are extremely so: Twin Lasers are long range 1.5 damage per PCU, while the Heavy Laser Cannon may have very low damage, but has a staggering 1.8. That's on the level of capital weapon efficiency there, though obviously the damage is quite low.
>>
>>55402014
The chain cannon should have noticeably higher damage than everything else in its category once the shields are down, but I can see twice being a little too strong, yes. Particularly once power efficiency is considered. So we'll say 8d4 is out, as much as I like it. 7d4 and 5d6 work out to the same average, so it's mostly a matter of flavor at that point. d4s will be more consistent about it, though they have a lower maximum by 2. A fringe benefit is that the larger dice pool benefits more from engineers diverting power, for what little that's worth in most cases.

I like the 7d4 for giving chain cannons a bit of a non-mechanical character, but it's not a significant difference, and 5d6 is probably more convenient from a play perspective. Either way, 17.5 damage with Ripper doesn't make them a clear choice, but it does at least make them a bit more functional.

That's still trash against anything with heavy shielding, though once you're getting to higher levels of shields, I'd hope to have heavier weapons anyway.
>>
>>55401797
Ripper should be - 1/2 damage vs shields, x2 damage vs HP. This you could have it make say 4d6 damage at Short range and it should be pretty balanced.

~7 damage vs Shields
~28 damage vs HP

Now opponent will must choose - either stack shields on the side facing at Ripper and risk getting outmanoeuvred or don't do it and risk getting ripped.
>>
So who else has a Ysoki mechanic who put a riding saddle on their combat drone and want to use it as a power suit?
>>
File: George-RR-Martin-011.jpg (14KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
George-RR-Martin-011.jpg
14KB, 300x180px
>>55361352
Gee, I wonder who's behind this post?
>>
>>55404420
Oh, something like that might do well too. Still a specialty weapon, since shields are so prevalent, but very powerful when you can set it up right. I'm not sure you'd even need to change the dice for it, in that case. Good idea, anon.
>>
>>55404420
Too much of a swing. Don't forget that it doesn't need shields down on hit; all damage that gets through would get doubled there.
>>
>>55406943
So you want a specialty weapon but with no actual downsides and with benefits being more or less non-existent?
>>
>>55407034
No, but when you take both the downsides and benefits into account it shouldn't be an auto-include against even the strongest short-range alternative.

Take two 40HP (they've a few levels) and 60 shield interceptors (average 15/facing): We'll call them CCF (Chain Cannon Fighter) and PCF Plasma Cannon (Plasma Cannon Fighter). Ignore linked for a moment (we'll get to that) and we'll just count the number of hits required to dish out the average damage.

Against angled shields (42/6/6/6) the CCF downs shields in 6 hits (7 per), or 5 if you divert power to weapons. Two more hits takes out the other. The PCF downs shields with its 4th hit (dealing 10 hull), and finally takes out the other with three more hits, total 7. So worst case scenario for the ripper it only takes one more hit to get a kill.

Against a bad shield facing (one of the 6s), the CCF deals 4 hull damage on its first hit, dealing 3 critical results on the second hit and getting an overkill on the third. The PCF gets a takedown in 4 hits. With no shields at all, the CCF kills in two hits, the PCF still needs 4.

Divert Power is in CCF's favor too since number of dice.

A max damage plasma hit is 24 damage. That won't oneshot even a racer. Meanwhile, should the chain cannon at 4d6 get lucky and roll max damage, it WILL one-shot a tier 12 interceptor, or ANY interceptor and all but a tier 20 bomber with divert power.
>>
File: 1386444363227.png (598KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
1386444363227.png
598KB, 673x680px
>>55404803
>combat drone
>>
File: gaul-sk-1_hi-res.jpg (990KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
gaul-sk-1_hi-res.jpg
990KB, 1249x1920px
What sort of visual inspiration are you guys using to inspire you for your games? I'm definetly leaning on Destin 2 esepcially now that the Leviathan Raid and Trials dropped, I'm quite in love with the aesthetics.
>>
>>55408645

I dunno i like the idea of a little mouse engineer with a big robot in the engine room helping him lift heavy parts
>>
File: 1505230485569.jpg (167KB, 816x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505230485569.jpg
167KB, 816x1080px
>>55408777
>>
>>55408777
I'm stealing a lot from older SCHMUPS. I like the way they have super massive space ships and colonies and sewer systems you can fly a plane through.
>>
>>55408956
An anon after my own heart.
>>
>>55404803
There is actually a mechanic trick to go inside your drone. It has silly limitations on it, but those are just gonna be houseruled in my game.
>>
File: tumblr_nwhveqPnr21qgwrs4o1_1280.jpg (97KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwhveqPnr21qgwrs4o1_1280.jpg
97KB, 600x927px
>>55408777
ill help, heres an alien
a plant? alien?
>>
File: vinicius-cardoso-6-2.jpg (346KB, 1920x1491px) Image search: [Google]
vinicius-cardoso-6-2.jpg
346KB, 1920x1491px
>>55409001
>>
File: 1504654513398.jpg (73KB, 501x810px) Image search: [Google]
1504654513398.jpg
73KB, 501x810px
>>55409001

A plant symbiote that bonds with a willing host?
>>
>>55409025
i symbiotically bonded with your mom last night
>>
File: 1472105883688.jpg (210KB, 1280x787px) Image search: [Google]
1472105883688.jpg
210KB, 1280x787px
>>55409058

Okay mom, when you're done absorbing the mind of the human who bonded with you can you at least put on some clothing afterwards?
>>
File: thibault-girard-xplore.jpg (177KB, 1500x798px) Image search: [Google]
thibault-girard-xplore.jpg
177KB, 1500x798px
>>55409084
cute! CUTE!
how do we not have plant people as a major race in this game?

i want to explore deep dark space in my space ship with scanner beams and its super darka nd scary and halloween is coming soon and we dont know what in the asteroid field and it could be space zombies or space ghosts or space skeletons.
>>
File: 1504273122818.jpg (307KB, 1128x798px) Image search: [Google]
1504273122818.jpg
307KB, 1128x798px
>>55409084
plant people have an eloborate life cycle. seeds grow into plants which then produce a fruitpod. the pod gestates a humanoid from of the plant people. they are born when the pod flowers. then ther humanoid form reproduces by mating then distributing fertilized seeds.
>>
File: 1499453780368.jpg (274KB, 529x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499453780368.jpg
274KB, 529x800px
>>55409136

Some quick ideas.

A new race of plant based beings ask for the bodies of the deceased to give them a base they can attach to to continue their life cycle before rooting and becoming trees.
>>
>>55409136
Don't worry anon, you won't find any undead in that asteroid field. In fact, if you land and look around, you won't find anything threatening at all!

Because they're invisible.
>>
File: 1442944896886.gif (932KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
1442944896886.gif
932KB, 245x150px
>>55409183
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: matrix1.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
matrix1.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>55409175
>>
File: Flayed ones.jpg (105KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
Flayed ones.jpg
105KB, 500x388px
>>55409136
>>55409183
>>55409217

A group of Androids have formed a dark cult shunning the humaniod form and turning themselves into mechanical monsters that flay the flesh of the living in hopes of one day ending all biological life.
>>
File: 1505202053181.jpg (282KB, 900x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1505202053181.jpg
282KB, 900x1217px
>>55409292
demon androids sounds pretty scary to me.
would demons be interested in androids?
>>
File: dead_space_by_vimark-db5j8a1.jpg (120KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
dead_space_by_vimark-db5j8a1.jpg
120KB, 900x1273px
>>55355813
space is scary
>>
>>55409335
To the extent they're interested in any other material plane residents, since androids have souls.
>>
>>55409335

I don't see why not. They have souls as well and would make for an interesting prince of hell who was a machine thing.

Maybe it's a Demonic machine god that spreads it's liberating virus that babbles and confounds the minds of machines until they become insane and thus free from rational thinking and logic.

I dubbed this new demon prince the Nemesis
>>
Should the next thread change us to Space Fantasy General so we can also discuss other games?
>>
>>55409136
>how do we not have plant people as a major race in this game?
We're barely out the starting gates, and Groot aside, there are other race tropes with more utility.

I'd be mildly surprised if a playable plant doesn't appear in the AA in October, but only mildly.
>>
New thread

>>55410237
>>55410237
>>55410237
>>55410237
>>55410237
>>55410237
>>
>>55400122

Stephens didn't write that book, he's only in charge of the publishing.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.