[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Down syndrome as a fantasy race (Worldbuilding thread)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 44

File: down.jpg (32KB, 563x428px) Image search: [Google]
down.jpg
32KB, 563x428px
The most popular fantasy species are, when you get down to it, just humans with a few tweaks. Elves are humans who are pretty and have pointed ears. Dwarves are humans who are short and stout. Orcs are people who are green-skinned and ugly (originally at least). I'd argue that the morphological changes down syndrome causes to a human would change them enough that the resulting appearance would easily have appeared naturally in fantasy fiction had it never existed in real life.

So my question is, if we were to turn the down syndrome phenotype into a fantasy race, what would it be like in terms of abilities, culture, all that stuff. As for the name, I was thinking something like Flatheads, but maybe take that phrase and run it through a foreign language before mangling it so it sounds like its own thing or however it is you make up names.
>>
>>55355216
That's actually pretty interesting as far as worldbuilding goes, but I'm afraid your thread will be shitposted to death.
>>
File: downs.jpg (213KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
downs.jpg
213KB, 1200x400px
More pictures
>>
File: 310px-Down_syndrome_lg.jpg (12KB, 310x341px) Image search: [Google]
310px-Down_syndrome_lg.jpg
12KB, 310x341px
>>55355253
I knew that when I came here, but boredom triumphed over trepidation and I posted it anyway
>>
File: MGA2-11-14_Turner.jpg (66KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
MGA2-11-14_Turner.jpg
66KB, 650x650px
Here's a good one since it shows the whole body. What sort of environmental niche would a body like this excel in, assuming the owner of said body could use it to its full extent?

I'm kind of conflicted if the fantasy down syndrome race should be as mentally stunted as its real life counterpart, since then they'd likely be unable to form any kind of society. I think the best thing would be a compromise where they're smart enough to set up some kind of system but still less intelligent than the average sapient.
>>
>>55355216
I'm trying to think of a place where a Down Syndrome race might excel, or at least be different from baseline humans or other races. Dwarves are humans who are short and stout, and they have places where they are superior over humans because of that. The same can be said for elves, regardless of the HFY crowd.

The defining aspect of Down Syndrome individuals are higher odds of physical disabilities and limited mental development; the only upside that a casual glance at Wikipedia says Down Syndrome provides is a somewhat reduced chance of certain cancers due to increased expression of tumor suppressors.
>>
>>55355216
>So my question is, if we were to turn the down syndrome phenotype into a fantasy race
Holy fuck dude.

No. Just no.

Wtf
>>
Kinda a dumb idea. But do whatever works in your games man, I'm not going to judge.
>>
>>55355339
The easiest way to go about that would be to say that they are a "childlike" or "simple" folk, but that seems to drift too far into Halfling territory.
>>
>>55355348
Maybe they live shorter lives on average, but can consume more toxic foods/live in more inhospitable areas? Also we could work in the whole "tard rage" thing by having their species have the ability to manually remove their muscle limiters to push their body to its limits.

>>55355363
I'm gonna and you can't stop me
>>
>>55355216
Looks like what happened if creating a character with Intellignet below 4 in Fallout games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XllttBJi98
>>
>>55355374
see >>55355374

That might sound a bit orky, but maybe we could focus more on resilience and temporary super strength rather than all-around brutishness. Also, to add a bit more flair, what do you guys think of taking the brown spots displayed here >>55355339 and increasing them in size to give the Flatheads a mottled look? Or maybe it could be a regional thing.
>>
File: 1478665658378.jpg (32KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1478665658378.jpg
32KB, 240x251px
>>55355216
laughed out loud
>>
>>55355463
I think its a fair question to ask. I mean, dwarves are seen as these magical creatures but when you get down to it any midget could start bulking and open a smithy. Find a couple likeminded little people and pop out some babies and bam, real life dwarves. So why can't we do the same with other genetic malfunctions? It just seems like an interesting question.
>>
>>55355216
OP, why do you want to make an entire race based on a disability?
>>
>>55355493

Basically, why not? It's been done before, as I stated in the post above yours.
>>
>>55355348
Perhaps retard strength allows them to smash through dense underbrush
>>
>>55355216
Chromosome vampires.
They become gradually more retarded the more chromosomes they steal but also gradually more powerful.
>>
>>55355216
This is great, if this gets shit posted to death or ignored I'll be mad
>>
People seem to be getting the physical traits straightened out so I'm gonna throw my hat in for culture.

>usually form small communities out in places other races don't want anything to do with, due to disease resistance
>strong familial bonds, are actually fairly pacifistic and just want to be left alone
>value hard work and a simple life
>are actually really good at keeping a schedule due to their propensity for repetitive behavior, towns can basically run like clockwork once everything is set up properly
>can be impulsive and difficult to keep focused when not on autopilot
>Flatheads place a lot of value on potions or poultices or what have you that aid in sleep, as their race has difficulty sleeping.

And now for using them as enemies:

>Flatheads have a lot of trouble sleeping, and can actually stay up for days at a time if they don't take care of themselves.
>if they do this for too long they become a Waker
>Wakers are crazed Flatheads who never sleep and form reclusive communities of savage raiders
>Since they don't sleep, they have even less focus but can attack at any time, night or day

That's what I have so far.
>>
>>55355348
>>55355374
>>55355378
>>55355438
Perhaps they're simple, but hardworking? Offer them food and board and they're an inexpensive farmhand who can accomplish simple, repetitive tasks with minimal supervision.
>>
>>55355216
I've done something similar with a tiefling like race in my setting, basically instead of looking like traditional demons, they have various mundane and magical birth defects and a compulsion to take a particular aspect of life and pervert it into something destructive
>>
>>55355524
Remember when people would laugh at this instead of think it was something political?
>>
>>55355650
*psst* It's bait, ignore it *cough* *cough*
>>
>>55355615
>>55355629
This is good
>>
File: 27ba83_6375217.jpg (22KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
27ba83_6375217.jpg
22KB, 625x626px
>>55355691
I need to get off this fucking site man, I swear it's lowering my IQ or some shit.
>>
>>55355339
>>55355348
Make them live somewhere tropical, so exposure to the elements isn't as harsh. Basically they can survive just fine wandering around picking random fruit, catching the occasional animal by pure chance, easy fishing with just sharpened sticks, etc.

Also, I highly doubt that down syndrome people are so retarded that they can't make basic shelters out of sticks and then slapping some mud on it to seal up the cracks.

Creating fire/not burning the entire village down would be their biggest challenge.
>>
>>55355718
You've got some points there. I guess it would just depend exactly how smart we want Flatheads to be. Are they the same level as their real world version or a bit smarter but still kinda dull? I guess it'd be up to the individual DM.
>>
>>55355718
Just dig a big hole, drop in yellow grass and twigs, then take a hot stick and lay it on the stuff.
That simple.
>>
>>55355216
They are "slow" and a "simple" race. But the more intelligent races fucking love them because of how they can specialize. All other races are basically jack of all trades types. They can all learn to read or write, as a race they can all practice magic of some sort, even if it's only divine/shaman type. All races can learn to build architecture and forge precious metals, etc.

Not with these folks. Each individual can only learn to do one single task. BUT, once they master it, they fucking MASTER it. No where else can you find someone who can forge a perfect 50/10 sword EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Even Master dwarves have "bad days" or make mistakes.

So the other races basically adopt them as serfs, or outright own them as slaves. And use them to create perfect inanimate objects and shit. "Such good quality you don't NEED to enchant it." "Why the hell would you bespell that? That's overkill!" etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>55355378
>>55355629
>>55355216
This is literally just Gully Dwarves
>>
>>55355808
To expand on this, the Flatheads can forge a bronze sword so perfectly, just by sheer skill, that it can cleave through solid steel plating like a hot knife through butter even when it's enchanted/bespelled/what the fuck ever.

So owning a Flathead bronze sword is better than owning a Dwarven steel sword.
>>
>>55355884
Flathead kids should take like thirty years to mature properly.
>>
>>55355216
-2 int
-2 cha
+2 con
Counts as Large
>>
>>55355808
They sounds like the inferior version of robot race.
>>
>>55355378
>>55355615
>>55355718
>>55355808
>>55355438
>>55355904

All right, here's what I'm thinking so far, lets consolidate stuff:

>Physical appearance is like normal, only the brown spots they have grow much more prominent in some regions, maybe forests
>Can disable muscle inhibitors at will
>Not very bright
>Very long developmental period of 25-30 years before they reach peak intelligence, and even then it isn't much more than a dim-witted human.
>50 to 70 year lifespan.
>Live simple and honest lives in villages throughout the tropical regions, can easily perform repetitive tasks and their working hours are practically on autopilot
>survive in hostile regions filled with poison and disease where other races can't or won't
>need sleep aids to get a full nights rest, staying up for too long turns them crazy
>Have an innate ability to master a skill to an extreme level, but it often isn't realized in their primitive natural environment
>More advanced races use them as slaves or servants to produce amazingly crafted gear/furniture/ect
>Also perhaps use them as a general workforce due to their ability to self-automate, with the more promising/old being used to create masterworks

How's that sound?
>>
>>55355615
>>55355629
>>55355718
>>55355808

I'm thinking that family is everything to them, and they don't view themselves by their individual name, but instead by their relation to their family members, only ever referring to a Flathead by name when addressing how another is related to them. For example, instead of referring to two individuals as Bob and Chuck, they'd refer to them as 1st Son of Chuck, and Birth Father of Bob.
>>
>>55355952
Sounds perfect
>>
>>55355216
Alright OP
Considering in this fantasy realm downies are implied to be their own fantasy race we need a culture that can house them.
>>55355374
>>55355378
>>55355615
>>55355808
They are the closest living race to a simple robot. Their culture is structured off required tasks and doleing a single downie towards it. If more tasks need to be completed they require outside assistance. Because of the cultural stigma of one job forever, the downies tend to worship odd or destructive gods with abilities that can suit them. These demons or ceatures as they often are take a role as an abusive parent which the community loves dearly. They have a strong sense of right and wrong but not among strangers to which they are afraid or do not care about.
>>
>>55355522
We Filthy Frank RPG now?
>>
>>55355997
>>55356065
Both of these sound good. The naming conventions and "robot" descriptor fit well with the stuff here >>55355952
>>
>>55355216
I feel like thematically they might have too much overlap with orcs.

I wonder how well you could replace all the fantasy races with mental disabilities.
Austistic Elves and OCD Dwarves?
>>
>>55356131
People actually seem to be doing a good job of giving them a unique identity, just read through some of the thread.
>>
>>55356131
>Austistic Elves
When I think about it kinda make sense of thinking of most fantasy elves as very attractive autists.
>>
File: tropicalbeach.gif (965KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
tropicalbeach.gif
965KB, 500x350px
>>55355952
>>55356065
I'm thinking that going full robot is a bit too far. You'd likely prefer to have a human farmhand over a Flathead if they cost the same, but due to the low cost of hiring a Flathead even a poorer farmer can have a group of workers to do the harvesting and threshing.

As for the expert craftsmen, I'm thinking that this would be exceptionally rare. As in, maybe fewer than ten in the entire world rare. After all, an artisan must be adaptable in order to learn from his mistakes and get a grip on the nuances of his craft, so it would be rare to find a Flathead smith who beats out a common dwarf, let alone a grandmaster. Just my humble opinion of course.

I do very much like the idea of them being personally moral, but accidentally worshiping demons and petty evil gods who take advantage of their trusting and simple nature.
>>
File: IMG_20170912_234149.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170912_234149.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>55355216
Fuck I have downs
>>
>>55356296
>You'd likely prefer to have a human farmhand over a Flathead if they cost the same, but due to the low cost of hiring a Flathead even a poorer farmer can have a group of workers to do the harvesting and threshing.

Individually they might be bad (barring masters) but I think due to their ability to self-automate, having a whole group of them each performing a simple repetitive action for a full eight hours would far outpace human farmhands. But if you only need one or two then yeah humans are your best bet. Flatheads would be better for plantations.

>As for the expert craftsmen, I'm thinking that this would be exceptionally rare. As in, maybe fewer than ten in the entire world rare.

I'd argue they'd be a bit more common than that but due to the short lifespan of the race they never last that much more than a decade or so after achieving full mastery, so they usually end up taking their secrets with them to the grave.
Masters are fleeting, so people are usually in a hurry to snap them up before someone else does.

>I do very much like the idea of them being personally moral, but accidentally worshiping demons and petty evil gods who take advantage of their trusting and simple nature.

This seems pretty good to be honest.
>>
>>55356329
>2nd toe is longer than your big toe
Your kind sicken me and should be cleansed from the Earth.
>>
>>55355216
Flatheads aren't smart enough for magic and therefore can't use it. Because of that they have a deep hatred for it and wage war agains't magicians, the use of magic in Flathead territory is punishable by death and it's deeply insulting to use magic in front of a Flathead no matter why and where they are.
Flatheads have deeply colectivistic views as they aren't smart enough to survive alone, they need a group and the group is more important than the individual.
>>
>>55356484
Seems a bit violent for most Flathead communities from what has been made so far but I can see that working for a group of minor antagonists. I think at the least a healthy fear of magic would be commonplace in most if not all communities though, yeah. Collectivism also makes sense.
>>
File: Sweet Jesus, help me.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Jesus, help me.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>This entire thread
>The only removed post was sending anons back to /pol/
>>
>>55355216
They'd probably create and inhabit an online anonymous message board where people can argue about anime waifus.
>>
>>55355493
Literally dwarfs
>>
>>55356065
>>55356346

Due to their instinct to form and maintain patterns and routines, and relatively high strength, Flatheads, when properly trained and motivated, are highly disciplined and ferocious warriors. In Flathead society, violence is rare, and violence on such a scale is unheard of, due to their innate kindness, but when their family is threatened, they're sufficiently sleep-deprived, or raised from birth to fight, they are effectively worth twice their number in equivalent human infantry.

>>55356517

This has nothing whatsoever to do with politics, it's a mental exercise, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: grandmaster.jpg (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
grandmaster.jpg
122KB, 600x600px
>>55356346
I think that's certainly fair in all respects. How would a master Flathead craftsman come to be? I'd find a hard time imagining they'd master it on their own or learning from a fellow Flathead. It would also take a weird sort of grandmaster artisan to decide he'd rather train a Flathead over a talented apprentice.
>>
>>55356707
I'd think it either happened one time in the local environment or in a slave pen when one crazy Flathead found the time/motivation to get really good at one thing. His abilities were discovered and the phenomenon becomes more sought after. I would think its rare to nonexistent inside Flathead communities though, but with the opportunities provided by more advanced civilizations such a person is more likely to appear.
>>
>>55355522
ore wa ochinchin ga daisuki nandayo
>>
File: Welcome_to_the_rice_fields_5875.jpg (28KB, 321x252px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome_to_the_rice_fields_5875.jpg
28KB, 321x252px
>>55355522
>>
>>55355716
You're perfect for the thread topic, then!

Seriously though, this thread has piqued my interest.
>>
>>55355522
Sounds like /pol/

>m-muh genes
>>
>>55356707
Anon who originally came up with the idea. My logic was along the lines that all Flatheads can specialize.

Basically, take a young flathead child, then train them daily over and over again on performing one single task. Be it carving wood, bone, stone, making glass objects, forging precious metals, carving jewels, etc. The task itself is irrelevant. Just drill the "proper" way to do it over and over again into the Flathead. Excluding everything else, even the knowledge of how to read or write.

By the time the Flathead is a grown adult they can do that one thing perfectly, far beyond any human, dwarf, or elvish skill, over and over again. Now, this is where it makes them special. Each individual piece they make is of the exact same quality, exact same detail, exactly the same in every way. Basically, it's a high fantasy version of taking a digital pic of a perfect sword, then copy pasting it to every one of your soldiers. Or a perfect diamond, or a perfect crystal goblet, etc.
>>
>>55356831

> he doesn't get the ioke
>>
>>55356888
And of course, needless to say, this makes them extremely crippled in every thing that doesn't rotate around their single special skill. They can't read or write, they can't cook, they can't survive let alone provide, for themselves at all. Their only ability is whatever they specialize in.

But as I said, that was my personal train of thought. You do you, anon.
>>
>>55356888
Oh yeah that does seem a good way to do it. I must have misinterpreted some of what you were saying. This also does a good job of separating their masters from Dwarven smiths because its less an art and more just perfectly following the instructions. Actually yeah, Flatheads would probably benefit a lot from being taught how to do something by a master of the craft. Like if they are taught by a third-rate swordsmith, they can only make third-rate swords. But if they are taught by the best swordsmith ever, they can easily replicate his work.
>>
>>55356831
Go back to where you learned that fun was bad
>>
>>55356957
Yes, which is why I mentioned that other races love them.

Imagine a poor kingdom with nothing but sand. Then they get their hands on some Flatheads, and manage to scrounge up the money to pay for a master glass maker come to stay for a few short years.

Next thing you know this poor kingdom is getting filthy rich off of their Flathead serfs doing nothing but pumping out glass windows, glass goblets, glass beads, glass floats for fishing nets, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>55356831
>being so butthurt about /pol/ you come to /tg/ to complain about it
>>
>>55356953
>>55356957
Excuse me sir, but you can't simply order an "extra sharp" sword from Tardius the swordsmith. He makes sharp swords, and not a razor's edge sharper.
>>
>>55357014
Motherfucker, stop feeding the god damn trolls.

You'd think /tg/ of all boards would know how to deal with them.
>>
>>55357007
I bet some guilds and stuff hate their guts because of how it kills their businesses and junk. There's probably some shady shenanigans you could work in there.

>slipping an insomniac into the Flathead worker's food supply so they all go crazy allowing the merchant's guild to move in and not worry about being rendered obselete

There's a quest for evil characters.
>>
>>55357042
I think the vast majority of Flathead's wouldn't cause too much trouble for the guilds. They'd mostly be doing incredibly simple work. I imagine that there might be a city in which a lazy artisan clothier trained a Flathead to mimic his work so he could keep up with demand while taking the credit for himself. Wouldn't necessarily draw the ire of a guild unless the individual fronting the business wouldn't pay their dues.

If for whatever reason, a trained Flathead finds themself masterless or out of employ, there would probably be a potential employer who could make use of their talents for a cheap price.
>>
>>55357020
"I don't give a shit if they aren't extra sharp. Tardius is the only damn blacksmith in the whole kingdom who can forge over a dozen swords in one month and every single one of them is of the exact same quality and standard as the sword I wield as we speak."

I'm thinking that the main appeal for Flatheads is that the goods they produce is all uniform. A wife to be would want all of her wineglasses to match each other perfectly on her wedding day. Even if they are of a "poor" quality and inferior to content produced by other races.

So Flatheads would probably be excellent brick makers, or wood/stone carvers, or blacksmiths more for supplying the bulk of the army.

While the rich and elite pay out the ass for human/dwarvish/elvish goods. The only time a Flathead makes anything to compete with the other races is if a Master of one of the other races personally trains them.
>>
>>55357118
Well think of it this way. You're some guildmaster in a city and these new creatures get in. The city asks for your people to train the slaves to do work and you laugh it off since these things look like they can barely think. So you send some craftsmen to assist them in their duties. And then a decade or so later, business suddenly dries up. You do some investigating and it turns out those slaves are perfectly replicating the products your own slaves painstakingly churn out, with the exact same quality every time. Now you can't compete and you're out of a business.
>>
Flatheads would probably make excellent midwives/healers/medics. Just teach them simple basic stuff like how to properly clean a cut, what plants/herbs to use to alleviate certain pains, etc. 99% of medicine is simply "Keep that shit clean."

Obviously they wouldn't be a physician or the equivalent of a doctor. But they would still be highly useful. The doctor type people can delegate the less serious injuries to the Flatheads, simple things they can handle, and thus concentrate on the more serious injuries. Plus, they can safely send out Flatheads to replenish their medicinal supplies without fear that the Flathead would accidentally purchase the wrong ingredient and wind up killing a patient.
>>
>>55357211
Except that the guild can do what the Flatheads can't. They can use their imagination. Say the Flatheads are making glass window panes. They are all identical. So how do the rich and elite stand out? They pay the local glass guild to find them the BEST artist in the whole town to make damn sure that all the windows in their mansion stand out like a glorious flaming faggot peacock in comparison to all the poor peasants in the city.

If anything, the demand for uniqueness among the elite should drive the guild prices sky high.
>>
>>55357271
>Except that the guild can do what the Flatheads can't.

This is true, but you have to keep in mind that before the flatheads are introduced to a society, the roles they have were held by locals, who are now all out of a job. Maybe societies that have used them for a long time work smoothly, but I can imagine their appearance causing a fair amount of social unrest when initially introduced. It'd be a lot like the current problems we are facing with automation.
>>
>>55357226
As someone who works in the medical field, I can assure you that our downie friends would not be suited to field medic duty in any meaningful capacity. Using Flatheads as teamsters and errand boys might work, but only if very specific instructions are given and the deals are worked out ahead of time.
>>
>>55357328
Not anon you're responding too, but we gotta keep in mind that the artisan Flatties are few and far between. The vast majority of Flatheads are suited to VERY simple work (i.e. a plantation). Considering the assembly line wasn't invented until the industrial era where replaceable parts became the norm, I'd imagine that hiring the rare talented Flathead for more complex work would be a trade between reliability and flexibility for any merchant involved in the transaction.
>>
>>55357374
Ah right, fair enough. Maybe if the setting is more technologically advanced it'd end up being a problem.
>>
>>55356329

Dude, what the fuck, this is a blue board
>>
>>55355216
>The most popular fantasy species are, when you get down to it, just humans with a few tweaks.
So what?
>Elves are humans who are pretty and have pointed ears.
Nope.
>Dwarves are humans who are short and stout.
No.
>Orcs are people who are green-skinned and ugly (originally at least)
Wrong.
>>
>>55357690
Its a bit too late for that anon. The wheels of destiny are in motion and the downy race is being forged in the fires of /tg/
>>
>>55355522
Genestealers?
>>
>>55355493
Elves are already in the core classes after all.
>>
>>55355493

Anon, why don't you want to make an entire race based on a disability?
>>
>>55355216
Ogres?
>>
>>55357020

>Extra sharp

Why do you hate good swords? The sharper the edge on a blade, the more fragile.
>>
File: 1467191789373.png (224KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
1467191789373.png
224KB, 447x489px
>>55355216
>in this world of myth and legend, magical power is directly related to the number of chromosomes and organism has
>certain beasts are much more magical than others, with no apparent rhyme or reason
>and amongst men, the Gifted are occasionally born. Their minds stunted, their bodies warped, but their magical prowess... Incredible.
>>
>>55359646
>chimps, gorillas, water buffalo and potatoes are more magically gifted than humans
>>
>>55359880
>the microscopic ciliates organisms possess the greatest magical powers on this planet at 29.64 × 10^6 chromosomes
>>
>>55359880
>>55359912
>wizards need exotic spell components because they're harnessing the raw magical power of buffalo-horn and pond scum to fuel their wizard shit
>>
File: Neanderthal Dwarf.jpg (75KB, 900x978px) Image search: [Google]
Neanderthal Dwarf.jpg
75KB, 900x978px
>>55355348
>>55355489
>>55356549
You fuckers know literally nothing of what you speak. Dwarves are inspired and very much look literally like neanderthals, a separate human species. They aren't just midgets you fucking mongs. Elves aren't just skinny humans with pointy ears but have far more that separate them from humanity.

OP and all the idiots contributing are literal retards or down syndrome sufferers themselves and should head back to their motherboard /pol/.
>>
>>55360214

Sure bud. What exactly defines an elf again? Are they chaotic good forest swellers with pointy ears who tend tonmake good wizards and rangers, or, say, chaotic evil fae bullshit that will go out its way to fuck with you just to have a laugh?

Elves are primarily identified by pointy ears and beauty. Everthing else is variable.
>>
How would a race of low functioning auts work out
>>
My down syndrome cousin tried to molest me when I was a kid and nothing was done about it because "he didnt know any better"
>>
>>55361299
There was a doujin about this
>>
File: bioticgod.gif (985KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
bioticgod.gif
985KB, 500x200px
>>55359646
>More chromosomes... more power...
We are but mortals in an age of titans
>>
>>55355216

Already a race in the dragonlance setting.
>>
>>55361451
>>55361299
Also part of Youth in Revolt
>>
>>55355363
Fuck off back to tumblr if you get this offended that easy, faghammer.
>>
File: 1504671259875.png (157KB, 447x364px) Image search: [Google]
1504671259875.png
157KB, 447x364px
>>55356517
Mods seem to be doing a good job than
>>
>>55360214
Why would the Norse who came up with dwarves, or Tolkien, who explicitly stated that he based his dwarves (the ones commonly seen today) on the jews give a shit about Neanderthals?
>>
This is one of the best threads I've seen on /tg/ in a while. It's creative, transgressive, and actually kind of fun
>>
>>55361299
>My down syndrome cousin tried to molest me when I was a kid and nothing was done about it because "he didnt know any better"
I still get flashbacks of righteous rage to this doujin.
https://exhentai.org/g/852122/6ae7f3242f/
>>
>>55355363
people like you are ruining the industrialised rapeconomy
>>
>>55355216
sooooo... Dwarfs?
>>
>>55355216
Of course not you freak. And people should abort when this is detected.
>>
>>55355216

Call them Squats.

>They're stronger than humans and able to take more damage, but slower (physically and mentally).
>Their default state is blissful unawareness, but if they get angry they need to be calmed down by an external force otherwise they stay angry.
>They have a strong affinity for magic, but they lack the competency to direct it, so things happen mostly through moments of heightened emotion.
>They instinctively know how to farm, especially tuberous plants, and can grow healthy plants even in harsh environments.
>They don't live underground, but they love digging and make wooden huts in wide pits they've dug.

I'm thinking an entire race of happy-go-lucky simpletons that can do some things really well without knowing how or why.
>>
File: 1376122918670.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1376122918670.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>55365209

Forgot the pic, damn it.
>>
File: LaughingFantasyWhores.png (598KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingFantasyWhores.png
598KB, 673x680px
>>55355339
>>55355374
>>55355438
>>55355629
>>55356065
>a "childlike" or "simple" folk
>yfw Kender are a down syndrome fantasy race
>>
>>55365286
don't EVER mention Kender!
>>
DOWNS is a made-up "illness"

If they weren't babbying "downs" children and forcing them to act like retards by taking care of their every need and restricting their diets they would be fucking ubermench

"Downs" = Neanthertal+homosapien+??? hybrid

Treat a hybrid (aka downs) like a normal human from early birth and you will see them turn into giant warlords.
>>
File: SweatingBeholder.png (240KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
SweatingBeholder.png
240KB, 600x527px
>>55365301
I want to rape some Kender
>>
>>55365350
>kender steals all your tentacles
>>
I'm imagining their habitat in the wild to be a forest clearing where each Flathead has a section proportionate to their rank in the group
They are very territorial of their section and the property they've collected, which tend to be lots of rocks assembled and meticulously arranged over the years - far beyond what a human would have the patience for
>>
Are there any people ITT who have close experience with down syndrome people? I think most of you are underestimating them greatly. Most down syndrome people are capable of living on their own as adults and have jobs. The thing about constantly repeating the same actions also sounds much more like autism than down syndrome

OP should probably also be careful with what crowd he'd spin such a race because if the wrong player realizes they're fighting down syndrome people you can prepare for a lot of drama
>>
>>55355216
Racial ability - Retard Strength
>>
>>55355216
why not autists instead?
autism would make for a rather unique race
>>
File: whinnie the poo.png (769KB, 1312x1014px) Image search: [Google]
whinnie the poo.png
769KB, 1312x1014px
>>55365343
>"Downs" = Neanthertal+homosapien+??? hybrid
>>
>>55365455
Most of it would be in the land of the Four Leaf though.
>>
>>55355339
Wait, so the SVU episode I saw about the pregnant Downie was a lie?
>>
>>55365499

"He says he loves me... he cleans floors"
>>
>>55365455
Racial power: Stunning Shriek
>>
>>55358309
Yeah, even got the weird eyes and always sticking out tongue thing.
>>
>>55365343
don't mistake autism and downs
one of these is psychological, the other is a genetic defect

>>55365407
>>
>>55360440
Not once in Lord of the Rings are pointy ears mentioned, if you need such descriptions to identify an elf you're a Greenwood tier storyteller.
>>
>>55355339
>confusing turner and downs
you sure you don't have either?
>>
>>55356650
>are highly disciplined and ferocious warriors.
I mean, not really if they are stupid and stuck in repetition.

Anyone worth their salt in a fight would simple break the pattern.
>>
>>55365407
sorry, the void ate my post

yeah, had to deal with a few as a kid, and still hear stories about one of them

they're... defective
you can't really spin it any other way around.
they have their own logic, barely think about consequences and aren't necessarily self-conscious
>>
>>55355216
These are some pretty convoluted hoops to jump through for a self-insert, OP.
>>
>>55355216
There's a long standing criticism of d&d that they use various monsters and fantasy races to sidestep real life issues. You can probably already find various monsters that have these traits.
>>
>>55365455
Elves. Aloof and almost robotic, perfect just one thing, get offended by the most inane and eldritch rules and bullshit. They look strange and almost human.

Just remove the cha bonus and there you go, even come with their stupid made up or old language words like ba'tir'zinga
>>
>>55365720
Real autists can't speak and get fits if someone puts stuff in the wrong place or some specific routine was performed, and don't have savant skills. Real high-functioning autists are like Chris-chan, perfect in being a human disaster.
>>
>>55365755
Young elf and adult elf difference.
>>
>>55356329
Retard discovers he is a retard on a board for retards. Congratulations retard
>>
>>55365771
So adult elves are like Chris-chan.
>>
>>55355216
We've officially reached FATAL levels of stupid.

Goodbye /tg/. It was a good run. I won't regret my time here, only look back and know that it was time to leave.
>>
>>55365879
And never come back.
>>
>>55365879
were you not around for rapeworld and rape factories?
>>
>>55365879
Please don't come back. Newfags leaving /tg/ is the best that could happen to it.
>>
>>55366051
He is a summer child looking for a excuse to leave without feeling bad about his life
>>
>>55366520
what were they honestly expecting from 4chan?
>>
>>55366633
Probably funny memes and calling people names without consequences.
>>
>>55365286
>Kender are a down syndrome fantasy race
/thread
>>
File: 1505004701865.png (243KB, 356x374px) Image search: [Google]
1505004701865.png
243KB, 356x374px
>>55365709
>>
>>55355884
>To expand on this, the Flatheads can forge a bronze sword so perfectly, just by sheer skill, that it can cleave through solid steel plating like a hot knife through butter even when it's enchanted/bespelled/what the fuck ever.
So they would make it so perfectly that it stops being bronze? That sound stupid as fuck.
>>
>>55365407
>>55365659
One of the guys from earlier in the thread here. It was more of a spin on the fact that downies can ONLY do repetitive work. Even work on an assembly line in which one picks up objects and places them in boxes is difficult for the sufficiently retarded. My personal opinion is that the Flathead race does simple, repetitive work because that's all they can be trusted to do, rather than because they have some sort of magic affinity for repetition.
>>
>>55367400
I would argue that if you ACTUALLY want to make a race out of them, they would need to have some kind of advantage and not just be literally "people with down syndrome". Make them interesting.
>>
>>55367467
If they were interesting or even just not disgusting they would not be anything like Down Syndrome.
>>
>>55367508
They can be disgusting, but they can't be just straight up "humans except worse in every way".
>>
>>55367467
literally just read up the thread. They've already been pretty fleshed out.
>>
This whole thread is retarded
>Hey lets make a race that has to do with down syndrome
>But lets not give them ANY traits that have to do with down syndrome and a lot of them that don't have anything to do with it at all
You're talking about potatoes, not savants.

Here's the best list of traits
>Simple, capable of civilization if they are living in it but don't have a particular preference for it and will quickly devolve into neolithic hunter-gatherer lifestyles without a supporting civilization to keep them civil.
>Low impulse control, have no fucks given about social mores. They will drop their pants and start having sex just because they feel like it no matter the situation.
>Nice until you trigger them. No one know what triggers a particular Tater.
>When they get triggered, they have tard strength
>>
>>55367548
If you're trying to do downies with DnD that is what you should get. If you want ugly tards who are strong play orcs.
>>
>>55365755

Mid-functioning autist here, can confirm.
>>
>>55367827
>>55367871
The idea is to make a raced based on them. Not stat them in a system or describe the disability.
>>
Archive nao
>>
>>55365209
I like it
>>
>>55361299
Fuck downies.
Or rather, don't (sorry anon). They're dangerous and should be aborted or trashed at birth.
>>
>>55366051
I'm a newfag who thinks that sounds morbidly interesting. Link?
>>
>>55365667

No, he focused on beauty as his primary marker. Y'know. The second thibg i mention. And also just saying "it's an elf".
>>
File: 1455512579300.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1455512579300.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>55360214
>poking fun at down syndrome makes you a Nazi
>>
File: pickle rick.jpg (40KB, 413x407px) Image search: [Google]
pickle rick.jpg
40KB, 413x407px
If this thread isn't archieved i'll shank a nigga!
>>
I bring a new bump to breathe life into this thread
>>
File: 1466850839751.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1466850839751.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>55355216
>Just gonna pop over to /tg/
>>
>>55360214
>literal retards
>down syndrome sufferers themselves
>motherboard /pol/
>confuses pop science with social anthropology
really fired the neurons
>>
>>55360214
cheer up kiddo, what's got you Down?
>>
Real life downs are sterile afaik. How do they reproduce in this setting? Downs from other races join them or they are fertile?
>>
>>55374345
OP here. My original point wasn't that down syndrome people could by themselves be a fantasy race. Maybe I misstated it, but the real point I made was when you consider how slight the differences are when you compare humans to dwarves/elves, if down syndrome didn't exist in real life and your splatbook included a race of beings that looked like people with down syndrome, the morphological differences would be enough that you wouldn't think twice about it. And in that situation, what would the culture of these beings be? Of course, I knew that people would use real-world downy behaviors as a base, and honestly I'm fine with that. Actually I'm pretty happy with what we've made so far. I'd probably use them in a campaign if I ran one.
>>
>>55375131
Huh its a bit late to reply but in my ramblings I didn't actually answer the question. Yeah I guess they'd be fertile.
>>
>>55355718
You just described niggers, anon
No offense to any niggers on this board intended
>>
>>55376758
Well now, they don't necessarily even need to be a unified race.
What if instead any race can produce them randomly and the older they get the more they get drawn to each other and find communities of their own people?
Is that too close to reality?
>>
>>55378788
It could work. I think the current main consensus for them was built up around here, but alternative versions are always welcome.

>>55355952
>>55355997
>>55356065
>>55356296
>>55356346
>>55356484
>>55356506
>>55356888
>>55356953
>>55356957

There might be a bit more but I think this covers most of the "original" lore.
>>
>>55378788
they could be a botched attempt at making a perfect homunculus that breeds true because reasons
>>
I don't like being around the retarded, they make me nervous. Same with midgets, though I'm more vocal in my distaste for them
>>
File: crossposting.png (9KB, 784x110px) Image search: [Google]
crossposting.png
9KB, 784x110px
>>55356650
>The thread is STILL going
And since when /pol/ is about politics? Do you even understand the term "politically incorrect"?
>>
>>55355216
This thread has some good ideas.
at first I thought the idea was pretty stupid but now I can see all sorts of possibilities.
>Flatheads are born in litters.
>every Flathead litter has one exceptionally intelligent alpha Flathead known as a "Wrangler"
>these Wranglers take up the leadership roles in Flathead villages and keep the others in check.
>while still not quite as intelligent as a human, Flathead Wranglers serve intellectual roles such as storytellers and teachers amongst their kin.
>when left alone and without a wrangler for extended periods of time Flathead drones may begin to forget basic information such as their own name or how to speak.
>Flatheads are master farmers and grow exceptional produce, essentially filling the same niche as the Dwarves but for agriculture
>>
>>55379192
Kind of gives them a naked mole rat colony vibe.
>>
File: Podlings.jpg (24KB, 360x251px) Image search: [Google]
Podlings.jpg
24KB, 360x251px
>>55379230
The whole concept reminded me of the Podlings from The Dark Crystal for some reason.
>>
>>55378973
I've been on /pol/ for years and feel like you have no idea what you're talking about.
Nothing about this thread has anything to do with any of /pol/'s assorted ideologies, memes or boardculture
Stop calling everything you dislike /pol/ you autistic child
>>
>>55378973
/pol/ is really more about national and racial-based shitposting.
In fact, a lot of the time /pol/ posters get butthurt when the idea of aborting retarded children gets thrown around since a lot of them are pro-lifers.
I hate crossboard shitposting as much as anyone but this is clearly not it.
Chill out nigga
>>
>>55379353
>In fact, a lot of the time /pol/ posters get butthurt when the idea of aborting retarded children gets thrown around since a lot of them are pro-lifers
/pol/ posters are not republicans, anon. Most of them find eugenics quite agreeable.
>>
>>55379375
To qualify this statement: being pro-life isn't a rarity on /pol/, however, even those that are would nearly always agree to aborting a downy
>>
Bump for mor tard world building
>>
All these ideas are pretty good.

I might use them for a campaign some day.

Although i dont think i will make the creatures themselves look like actual down people that much.
>>
>>55355216
they tame and ride scaled-up Waterbears
>>
>>55379353
>/pol/ is against abortion of retards
Yes, and they also love minorities, pet puppies and are pro-ecological.
>>
>>55379294
I can call you whatever I choose to. The fact you ARE /pol/ makes it all that sweeter.
>>
File: Witcherpotatoesstart[1].png (45KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
Witcherpotatoesstart[1].png
45KB, 619x386px
>people are ACTUALLY getting upset over potatoes in a fantasy setting now
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>55383616
It's like how in the Harry Potter books Dolores Umbridge was more hated by readers than Voldermort. Many of us have had to work with or interact regularly with them and it's fucking awful.
>>
File: super nova putin.jpg (82KB, 300x321px) Image search: [Google]
super nova putin.jpg
82KB, 300x321px
>>55383393
>Waterbears
> Individual species of tardigrades can survive extreme conditions that would be rapidly fatal to nearly all other known life forms, including complete global mass extinction events due to astrophysical events, such as supernovae, gamma-ray bursts, large asteroid impacts, or passing-by stars
>supernovae
Holy shit these fuckers can survive a fucking supernova?? How did they even test that?
>>
>>55383812
>Holy shit these fuckers can survive a fucking supernova?
It's a vague as fuck claim (I'm pretty sure they don't mean supernova of OUR Sun, because that would be sure to melt the entire surface of our planet, possibly evaporate it), but I think they just mean they can survive extreme heat and doses of extremely strong radiation, which is what would a more distant supernovae bombard us with.
>>
File: deadstate-deep-sea-squid.png (362KB, 604x368px) Image search: [Google]
deadstate-deep-sea-squid.png
362KB, 604x368px
>>55383812
I'm going to assume that they mean the effects of a supernova in out interstellar neighbourhood rather than our sun turning into one. Because the planet and everything on it would be fucking vaporized.

Which is still pretty damned impressive considering it should neatly kill everything else not buried under half a mile of rock or clustered around a deep sea vent.

In such an event the nightmare things of the abyssal plain and the deep trenches shall inherit the earth.
>>
>>55365209
>>55379282

These are what I had in mind.
>>
>>55383616
I've never seen a nerd not bitch about taters, to the point that I bait them deliberately with an explanation ready.

It's especially fun in Warhammer Fantasy, because people forget that the New World was found centuries ago.

>>55383696
Voldemort was also pretty rarely seen and mostly killed villains, flat characters, and people we didn't give a shit about.
>>
>>55383616
Not sure why you play fantasy games, but I tend to do so to not have to play a game grounded in a fucking reality.
It's like you never heard about fucking escapism, you dipshit.
>>
>>55383850
>>55383869
Uhh are we really in danger if some star more distant than our sun goes supernova? I thought our own sun's supernova would only reach Mars.
>>
>>55383983
>Uhh are we really in danger if some star more distant than our sun goes supernova?
The cloud of hot fumes and radiation from a supernova can reach thousands of light years out over time before it disperses to a point where it becomes non-threatening to life. We have seen nebulae formed by supernova's.

Mars is where the sun's former surface would extend prior to the explosion: it's what would be directly MELTED, but the matter and radiation expelled by the sun would travel across the entire universe: it's just the further away from the epicenter it would happen, smaller impact it would have.

The radiation and gas expelled by supernova is kinda like the shrapnel from a grenade. The grenade explosion is relatively small, but the shrapnel will still cause harm up to hundreds of meters away with frag grenades: the further away you are, the less likely it is to cause serious damage though.
>>
>>55384030
Jesus christ.
>>
>>55384166
Yeah, universe is a scary place. That said, it's unlikely that we will be hit by anything within our civilization's life-span.
>>
>>55384030
>The Crab Nebula is one of the most studied remains of a stellar explosion and is widely accepted to be due to a supernova seen in the year 1054 a.d. by Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Arab astronomers, who reported sighting a new bright star in the heavens. The star was so brilliant that it was visible even during the day for nearly three weeks and only faded from view nearly two years later.
>>
>>55381799
>Bumping this shit
>>
>>55384201
Yeah, thank you for providing an example. I could not remember which nebula it was.
>>
>>55372539
It just makes you a stupid cunt. Happy now?
>>
>>55384287
maybe 4chan isn't for you, newfriend
>>
File: Even the cup is judging you.jpg (62KB, 640x736px) Image search: [Google]
Even the cup is judging you.jpg
62KB, 640x736px
>>55384348
>If you aren't asshole for no reason at all, using Tibetan internet tapestry is not for you
You were saying something about newfags?
>>
>>55383983
The sun will no go nova. Will colapse into a white dwarf after its red giant fase. By then life on earth probably will be more than fried but, whatever.
>>
>>55384441
Let them have their fun, if you don't like it then hide the thread.
I'll take unfiltered imagination over moral crusadery any day.
>>
>>55384520
And I will take not making retarded jokes as a basis for a setting over this thread, so?
It's just a shit idea all by itself. Only then comes the fact it's so fucking insensitive it kills the rest of it.
>>
>>55384673
You obviously aren't since you are replaying to it instead of hiding it. If it hurts your fee-fees you can hide and ignore the thread, no one cares that you are a faggot that can't handle some fun.
>>
File: 1493588114633.jpg (25KB, 324x268px) Image search: [Google]
1493588114633.jpg
25KB, 324x268px
>>55384287
I think you're just being oversensitive, anon. People on /tg/ make threads based on stupid premises all the time, and if you're not a fan of it you should just hide it instead of constantly bumping the thread.
>>
>>55384673
Noone is responsible for the existence of unequalities like this and noone should be held responsible for naming the things as they are.
This thread does nothing to devalue disabled people in the slightest and if you think so you are the one with the problem.

Nothing is sacred. words are just tools and hold no power out of context.

And all of this becomes more apparent on an anonymous imageboard.

also, this may very well be the best thread on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>55384673
>so fucking insensitive

Oh wow how pathetic. If you're not baiting, how'd you even find your way here? Actually, you must be baiting. I refuse to believe someone as humorless and thin-skinned would find themselves 4chan for longer than an hour or two.
>>
>>55384673
But hardly anyone said bad things about people with down syndrom, if anything people here find them interresting.
>>
I gotta say I like this race. Might be difficult to make them a player race since they are mostly a kindhearted and simple folk and I can't see anyone except one who has fully succumbed to "tard rage" being a player character. Using DnD as a template I would probably stat them as
>+2 Str
>+2 Con
>-2 Int
Tard Rage: Essentially they get one barbarian style rage per long rest
Savantism: Choose a skill set of tools, when rolling for that skill or to use your set of tools your character doubles their proficiency bonus
>>
>>55365659
Actually, autism is genetic, you inherit it from your parents the same way you inherit schizophrenia or chronic suicidal depression. It's an urban myth that autism is caused by vaccines. The myth was created by the same people who believe you can cure HIV/AIDS with holistic "medicine". Like drinking tea and being vegan.
>>
>>55386862
+2 str isnt ebough, i know someone who works with tards and one day one of them flipped and punched her with all its tard might and hit her shoulder leaving a small fracture, the doctor said she would have been dead if it hitbher head.
>>
>>55378973
brb going to pol to post a martials vs casters

>>>/pol/141518422
>>
>>55367359
Actually, bronze is superior to steel in many ways WHEN IT IS FORGED PROPERLY. We just don't use it anymore because it's one weakness is that it melts at a much lower temperature than iron/steel. Which is why we have cast iron skillets and pots, or stainless steel skillets and pots, but not bronze. Whereas with a bronze pot it would melt just boiling water in it.

But if you can keep it cool enough (which is easy if it's a fucking sword, just don't toss it into a fire) it is far superior. Check out this video as proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_CBcxzOFk
>>
>>55387638
+4str, +2 con, -2 int, -2 cha?
i'd guess it would be a pretty shameless race, a master who gets one of these as slave would probably have to force him to wear clothes and train him to use pierced chairs
>>
>>55387638
The tard rage increases damage to account for their relatively low strength bonus. So a tard at level 1 is essentially +6 strength when it comes to damage.
>>
>>55378788
A mixture of both, Flatheads were originally created via magic/divine will/whatever the fuck, similar to how tieflings originally come from. And some are still born from normal parents.

But enough of them wound up together in some isolated place and a few were fertile enough that they have become their own population.

The most common explanation for this is that normal humans/elves/dwarves who conceived the original Flatheads simply abandoned them in the woods at the first opportunity they got in which their peers wouldn't judge the fuck out of them. "Oh, we where traveling to trade and a bear got them." Or, "I gave them up for adoption in a nearby city while visiting my cousin." etc.

One place in particular was a common crossroads so it saw a lot of traffic, which means a lot of Flatheads were dropped off there, and a few were old enough to fend for themselves and looked after the younger/newborn Flatheads.
>>
>>55384492
Not even a point of worrying about it either. By that time we would either have gotten interstellar travel and would be fine or have already killed ourselves off from something.
We are more likely to kill ourselves off then anything from space doing it for us.
>>
>>55387646
ITS HAPPENING
>>
>>55355216
>stunted fat faced retards
Isn't that just kender?
>>
>>55387646
>tries to meme
>gets btfo by IDs

seems about right
>>
>>55357374
>Considering the assembly line wasn't invented until the industrial era
Actually the first was invented in Venice, 1104

>>55360214
The Neanderthal werent a separate species you dumb fuck, they could interbreed.

Super secret protip: It's Homo Sapiens Neanderthalis. We are the Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Most of us are at least.
>>
>>55387990
HI poloc
>>
>>55388116
Yes indeed. Which is funny considering most of the time I just have fun in /tg/ and not shitpost. You'd think people would grasp the concept of "you don't shit in your drinking water" but whatever, you guys keep thinking I'm out to get you and I'll melt back into the anon crowd and do nothing sinister.
>>
File: itsmemario.png (450KB, 1080x1555px) Image search: [Google]
itsmemario.png
450KB, 1080x1555px
>>55388140
Oh look, someone from /pol blowing up with their inner rage because of a silly joke.

I bet you're insecure in your relationships and blame it on black people.

I bet you fear your girl will leave you for someone with a bigger dick, because you feel you aren't enough of a man.

Well I got news for you buddy. The world isn't whats wrong here. YOU'RE the problem.
>>
>>55388189
You seem upset, so I am just gonna stop responding because I like this thread and don't want to see it get shit up.
>>
>>55388205
Ah well, bait failed. gfight mate.

I still made a 'tg thread on pol, which I am very proud of. Gonna start doing that every day until you like it.
>>
>>55388140
/tg/ may be your drinking fountain, but it's my toilet. The only thing this board is good for is shitposting and b8 threads
>>
>>55388325
People like you are the very fucking reason why this board is sometimes drowning in own piss
>>
>>55388511
Good, it's what the board deserves. Y'all niggas take pride in being /b/2.0 anyways, so I'm just adopting the """board culture"""
>>
File: Lvl 100 Pikachu.jpg (53KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lvl 100 Pikachu.jpg
53KB, 540x360px
>>55355216

I suppose they naturally fall into the open slot for a mentally deficient servant race who does menial work and helps explain why the peasantry of your particular setting isn't nearly as improverished and oppressed as people actually were in and before feudal times.

Think something similar to a less physically powerful Ogryn from 40k, but used mostly for grunt work.
>>
>>55387646
If you weren't so autistic and tried samefagging, I would have joined in and had a nice discussion on casters vs martials.
>>
>>55388570
You mean the Omegas from Brave New World
>>
>>55388583
>expecting /tg/ to not be an autistic spaz
It's what the hobby is defined by FFS. Well, that and selling out the hobby to SJWs in hopes of getting some pussy.
>>
File: Dr Pepper.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Pepper.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
>>55388036

The Neanderthal absolutely was a different species and ability to interbreed with Homo Sapiens is not related to that.

For example, Zebras can breed with many other equines.

Please turn in your internet science card to the nearest policeman.
>>
Is it inherited?
>>
>>55388587

I can't say I'm familiar with the novel, but after cursory investigation, I think I agree. A mostly sedate, menial workforce with very limited intellectual capacity, albeit naturally occurring and not artificially induced like Brave New World.
>>
>>55388615
Not him, but generally speaking a "species" is defined as a sum of creatures that can reliably and viably cross-breed. So the ability to cross-breed with humans without suffering excessive viability penalties is very related: it's what decides whenever we were to subspecies of the same species, or two different species.

>For example, Zebras can breed with many other equines.
Yes, but their offspring are almost unexceptionally infertile, have a lower viability rates, and the fertilization itself has much lower success rates. You can cross most equines, actually (Hinny, Mule, Zebroid etc...) but they have almost never second-generation offspring. Neanderthals, on the other hand, are pressumed to have VIABLE offspring with humans, to a point where it's possible that some neanderthal DNA is still circulating in contemporary human population.
So that makes it an entirely different case.

>Please turn in your internet science card to the nearest policeman.
You are really not educated enough on this subject to make this kind of claim here.
>>
>>55355363
This one is a coward. Let us feast on him to steal his strength.
>>
>>55387858
I'm going to say that flatheads don't have any cultural customs, laws or etiquette. Since they have such a limited vocabulary however you can recognize what community one is from by their word usage, what their designated "insult" is for example.
Flatheads that were raised or enslaved by humans might also take on certain taboos or rituals that they were physically and verbally abused into following to the point of mental trauma. They can get quite insistent on these rules when living in other communities and this can lead to violent altercations with others.
>>
>>55388236
it's too late anon, you've already been exposed to an irreversible dose of /pol/onium
starting a new thread on /pol/ is already Stage II
>>
>>55388541
>Making things up this hard
1/10, just because you made me reply
>>
File: Snickers Ex.jpg (108KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
Snickers Ex.jpg
108KB, 760x572px
>>55388681

You're actually arguing over something that has a definitive scientific answer that you didn't put in the 15 seconds it would take to google and find out you were wrong. And on top of that you're acting like I'm somehow uneducated because I didn't do a dissertation on cross-species interbreeding.

Basically you're an insufferable faggot who won't put in the effort to do real research on the subject because that would immediately prove you wrong, but want to pretend you're smarter than everyone.
>>
>>55388681
>>55388932

on that note here's what wikipedia, not the best of sources but one you could have easily peeked at before opening your ignorant mouth has to say, since you clearly don't want to look it up yourself:

"They are considered either a distinct species, Homo neanderthalensis,[17][18][19] or more rarely[20] as a subspecies of Homo sapiens (H. s. neanderthalensis)"

Keep in mind modern humans are Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

On the interbreeding events this is probably the most relevant:

"Studies published in March 2016 suggest that modern humans bred with hominins, including Neanderthals, on multiple occasions.[168] Another study in April 2016 found differences between modern human and Neanderthal Y chromosomes that, they postulated, could cause female Homo sapiens sapiens to miscarry male babies that had Neanderthal fathers.[169] This could explain why no modern man had to date been found with a Neanderthal Y chromosome.[170] Melanesians and Australoid populations show evidence of only one interbreeding event, possibly about 100,000 years ago, occurring in the Middle East, Europeans show a second event, which may also be of Middle Eastern origin, occurring possibly 50,000 years ago, while East Asians show an additional third interbreeding event possibly 30,000 years ago occurring in Siberia. Evidence that Neanderthal genomic material is often found amongst genes of the immune system suggests that some of the interbreeding may have secured resistance to diseases that Neanderthal populations had bred resistance to.[168]

In 2016 researchers reported that they had found Human DNA in the genome of a female Neanderthal from the Altai mountains region near the border between Mongolia and Russia. They calculated that the mating must have taken place about 100,000 years ago.[171]"

Anyways have fun pretending you're super educated, plebeian.
>>
>let's make a race based on tards
>200ish post later: here, have the know cases of Neanderthal and modern Human interbreeding
I love /tg/
>>
>>55355629
Isn't this basically parshmen from the Stormlight Archive?
>>
File: Skärmklipp.png (5KB, 958x28px) Image search: [Google]
Skärmklipp.png
5KB, 958x28px
>>55388984
>>55388932
Oh shit I'm sorry
>>
>>55388663
>not having at least heard of 1984's companion novel
I thought that shit was required reading in schools. I guess it hits a little too close to home these days.
>>
>>55388871
>Elf slave wat do
>What's ur favorite monstergirl OwO?
Martials vs casters
>Editions wars
>WARHAMMER WEDNESDAY XDDDD
>Fantasy downies?!?!?
Shit's /b/ as fuck
>>
>>55389247
>I guess it hits a little too close to home these days.
Not really. I mean 1984 is a brilliant book, don't get me wrong (even though - fun fact, it's actually almost entirely ripped off an earlier novel, Zamyatin's Us, which is nearly exactly the same story about the same kind of problems, just much older), but I think that today, we are pretty far away from the distopia of Orwell, and much closer to the distopia of Bradbury's Farenheit 451.

In fact that one is so damn close to home that a lot of people don't even understand how is it supposed to be a distopian future.
>>
>>55389247
they cooked our books,
they just email us a copy of romeo&juliet-Emoji edition nowadays
>>
>>55389330
I'm talking BNW, son, wherin mankind is enslaved by hedonism, excessive frivolity, and celebrated degeneracy rather than an oppressive government
>>
File: 1504398842646.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1504398842646.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>55389368
Stop posting anytime, you're not being funny.
>>
>>55389384
And also an enforced caste system?
>>
>>55389384
Oh, Brave New World? Well that is even less relevant, and arguably weakest of the four big ones. I mean it's a good sci-fi, but awful distopia.
>>
>>55388615

Neanderthals were a separate subspecies, not a separate species entirely.
>>
>>55389426
>the four big ones.

I know 1984, Farenheit 451, and BNW, but what is the fourth?
>>
File: e14[1].jpg (267KB, 509x675px) Image search: [Google]
e14[1].jpg
267KB, 509x675px
>>55389407
>>
>>55389491
Been mentioned already: "Us" by Zamyatin, the actual big original one. Not the first anti-utopian piece of literature ever, but one of the first ones to establish the genre, and most importantly, arguably the single most honest of them.

It's kinda funny to read nowdays, because it's so outdated in terms of speculations about future (It seems very naive in many ways, about everything except for the ideologies themselves), but it arguably explores the real-world horrors of 20th century totalitarian philosophies most honestly and from first hand experience.

Orwell basically took it and updated it in more believable tech, added some more intellectual dressing to it, but at heart, he literally just copied the most disturbing aspects of Us verbatim.
It's a good read. Not as relevant today as Bradbury I'd say, but damn amazing. Especially if you then study a bit on the author and his life story.
>>
>>55389564
thank you for the book suggestions anon!
>>
>>55364860
I didnt know we had a rap economy.
>>
>>55387646
Well done anon, well done. Next time remember that you cant samefag though
>>
>>55390111
It's like a barter economy, but you spit bars proportional to worth.
You want that candy bar? Better supply a couplet.
Disney buying Marvel and Star Wars was Homer-length epic poetry.
>>
>>55387646
>>>/pol/141526856

He's right, you know
>>
>>55355216
Didnt dragon age already touched this subject?
>>
>>55365407
There's a guy at my weekly D&D meetup who I'm pretty sure has it.

Last week I had a light table on regulars so I got assigned all the people with difficulties, it was a fucking nightmare. I have nothing against them but fuck me are they hard to play with.

Downs syndrome guy was sort of alright, just didn't understand most of the plot that was happening, the guy with autism just broke in repeatedly to ask if he should roll and if it was his turn. Had to tell him we weren't taking turns because it was just roleplay, and when I asked him what he wanted to roll for he said he didn't know.

The real pain in the arse was the guy with paranoid schizophrenia and probably a few other things, who kept belching really loudly and then saying "excuse me" like that was fine, and demanding attention every so often, usually while I was in the middle of a big important statement, to say something meaningless, like "I'm assuming my owl came back" after he sent it out to scout ahead and they'd moved on.

>tl;dr downies aren't so bad, maximum autismos should be quarantined
>>
I have a race in my world that is based more-or-less around the giantism disorder. But for me it's still easier to imagine a race based around physiological abnormality than around a patent cognitive deficiency.

>>55391277
Seems like a pretty hard-to-believe story. First of all, unlike autism, Downs are pretty damn obvious to spot, there is no "I'm pretty sure he has it". You'd be able to tell instantly, the physiological traits make it pretty unambigious.
Autists are such a broad category that it's pointless to talk about.
Paranoid schizopherniacs are not grouped with autists and damn downs... ever. They are not exactly "people with disability". Their cognitive capacities are rarely affected, unlike with autists and downs. The idea that you'd end up with all three of these conditions at the table at the same time is really unlikely: Schizopherniacs aren't shepherded around the same way tards are.

But to your conclusion, having experience with all of these people:
By the way, downies generally tend to be pretty sweet. I mean they have issues understanding social norms, and that leads to some really awkward situations, but otherwise they are like children: incredibly easy to please and usually eager to be praised. I actually liked working with them.

Autists are... such a damn mixed bag. My girlfriend of the time, who used to work with these people since she was 14 and who roped me into volunteering as an assistant in camps for people with disabilities like this, she really knew how to deal with them. But I never got comfortable supervising them. Unlike downies, they usually don't respond to normal human emotionality. And they can be dangerous. Like fuck-my-life dangerous. Especially adult ones.

I only dealt with schizo's, bipolars, bordeline etc... people when I served my own time across various institutions. COMPLETELY different deal from autists and downies.
Much scarier and much more depressing.
>>
>>55356329
Thats not how the gap looks like anon, you are fine.

>>55356357
The big toe being stumpy is a northeast europe trait, slavs, germans and a mediterraneas, due to interbreeding, mostly have feet like that.
>>
>>55363854
>>
File: 1500839937322.png (153KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500839937322.png
153KB, 248x459px
>>55389510
Oh yes of course I'm so sorry, clearly "YOLO Juliet" is on the school curriculum of every nation.
>>
File: tumblr_oa45paDGGN1ss9dfho1_500.gif (995KB, 499x310px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa45paDGGN1ss9dfho1_500.gif
995KB, 499x310px
>>55389510

It wasn't enough.
>>
File: z837rir[1].jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
z837rir[1].jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>55396814
it's not over yet
>>
>>55397612
>‘Where we fought several times over the same ground bodies became incorporated in the material of the trenches themselves.’ He remembered in one place accidentally digging through corpses of Frenchmen killed and buried in 1915.
>‘They were putrid, with the consistency of Camembert cheese. I once fell and put my hand right through the belly of a man. It was days before I got the smell out of my nails.’
>At one stage his battalion had to deal with a thousand rotting corpses, which ‘came to pieces in your hands. As you lifted a body by the arms and leg, the torso detached.
>>
>>55397612
>Trying to make the children engage is wrong
Thanks good not everyone is as stupid as you are anon.
>>
>>55389304
Don't want to break it for you, but not counting the last one, we don't have those things anymore. Get on times, gramps
It's Game: General board now, unless some shithead crossposts
>>
>>55355216
Have you read Hyperion? There's a whole tribe of retarded people on one planet. They're sexless and immortal due to being hosts for parasites.
>>
>>55397612
"Chillin b4 killin"
"Beans for dinner #Trenchlife"
>>
File: superiority.jpg (34KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
superiority.jpg
34KB, 700x420px
>>55365407
I have a younger Cousin. They get calmer as they age, but he used to be a nightmare. Tearing down everything he could reach (once a big mirror fell on him) ,beating up other children and being absolutly resistant to any kind of learning and seeing consequences from his Actions.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.