[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do undead poop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
What's the deal with the undead /tg/?

Namely the type of corporeal undead that consume flesh and other humors on a regular basis: Zombies, wights, ghouls, vampires, etc. The necromancer in my Ravenloft campaign is dead set on finding out what happens with all the flesh once it's been eaten. Is it absorbed? does it just kinda sit in a zombie's guts untill the tummy fills to capacity and bursts? Or do they in fact have some weird functioning digestive system going on? What do you think, happens, /tg/?
>>
File: shingeki-13-40-titan-throw-up.jpg (53KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
shingeki-13-40-titan-throw-up.jpg
53KB, 680x383px
>>55352854
I kinda like the explanation they gave in Attack on Titan, where a titan will eat a bunch of people then barf it back up when it's full. An undead doesn't eat because it's hungry or needs the nutrients, 'cause it's fucking dead. But it eats because the dark energy that powers an undead compels it to murder.

My two cents anon. Your necromancer is a faggot if this is his top concern.
>>
>>55352854
>Dead people shit themselves because of muscle relaxation
>Zombies look like they are bad with controlling their muscles
>Probably they shit themselves all the time after each meal
>godwhy.jpg
>>
>>55352854
In the case of a lot of zombie settings, it's pretty clearly more of a way to spread the infection than to provide fuel for the undead; you don't see them picking their kills clean, they just grab a bite and move on so that the corpse reanimates.
>>
I prefer the "realistic" approach where the zombies are still technically alive although through mutation and brain damage they assume the typical zombie traits such as no longer feeling pain and losing sentience.

Of course, this lends to just waiting for all the zombies to die off but there are still a lot of zombies and if they can eat they can still technically survive although not well because they don't have the sense to go get water for example and can still die of exposure.

So yeah, using these sorts of zombies, 28 Days later zombies would be ideal for that type of game.

otherwise use >>55353037
>>
>>55352854
I think most setting has them eat but be unable to digest their "food".

Serveral stories have zombies so bloated from gorging on flesh their stomach rips open and everything just sort of falls out as soon as they eat.
>>
For Vampires, I take a page from White Wolf's playbook and say vampires consume blood to fuel their powers: Turning into a bat, summoning wolves, super speed, etc.
>>
I feel like it depends on the type of undead. Like a Vampire probably just absorbs the blood in a sort of depraved transubstantiation, substituting the blood for the soul/spirit of the victim. A ghoul probably has some kind of digestion system, since they're more of a living beast than a true undead.

With Zombies, I like the idea that they are just a meat shell housing some entropic, necromantic force which compels them to consume and consume untill their stomachs burst open and the rancid meat flops out of them even and they shove more into their ragged throats. That's how I like to portray all the "driven to eat forever" style monsters, like Wendigos and Zombies.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.