[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feedback on homebrew mechanic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: woulduadorf.jpg (152KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
woulduadorf.jpg
152KB, 500x683px
So, can anyone give any feedback on the flaws and undesirable elements of the following: https://pastebin.com/ThdwTDbe
>>
File: dwurf.jpg (98KB, 416x723px) Image search: [Google]
dwurf.jpg
98KB, 416x723px
let's bump this a few times
>>
>>55352778
Background: Please add a description on what constitutes "positive", what constitutes "negative".

Belief: The way you wrote the classification of this implies that a character/player either acts on their Beliefs or not (read: binary state). Are you sure you don't want an undefined grey zone here? You'd have to provide a detailed description on what is covered by said beliefs, or suffer stress by doing things that are just not mentioned in the description.
What is a "better outcome"?

Flaw: What "Crash Course"? Filling the stress gauge? Besides that, this is fine.

Secret, Regret and Fear:
I presume that "defend from fear" means that the character successfully managed to not face the source of his/her fear, correct?
You can't "overcome" a secret, in this case it would be preserve.

What is this about? Also, continue.
>>
>>55352778
What system is this designed for, anon? Give us something to work with. If it's bog standard D&D then it seems like an overcomplicated solution to a problem nobody asked about.
>>
>>55354496
Let's say we have a charcater that has a big war in their background. positive could be something like meeting an old buddy from there or reminiscing about a girl you met at some town. Negative could be being in a converstation about a fight that went very badly that you were a part of or observing some soldiers abusing someone, like they did in your past.

Yeah, belief isn't supposed to be that binary, where I want to end up is more about big moments of belief, resiting a super useful offer based on your faith, or deciding to follow questionably orders due to your code of honor.

Yeah, Crash Course is aohter name for the Stress Gauge I've been fiddling with, seems I missed that one while editing.

Defending from the fear would be to avoid it yeah, could have used a smarter choice of words. Also, you are pretty right about that secret part, though that depends a lot on the secret and it's context.

What this is about is, for a while now, I've been thinking about some mechanics for things I would like to see in rpg's, and bringing them together into one system. To put it brief, I'm trying to make a full homebrew game.
>>
>>55354996
At the moment, the system doesn't really exist.
It's a few disjointed files of mechanics and ideas and goals and one "full" one that's partially outdated and missing stuff to be called an actual system.
>>
>>55355005
THE THUMB IS ON TOP OF YOUR HAND FOR A FUCKING REASON, YOU IDIOT!

Seriously, holding a broad weapon with thick edges like that is asking for someone to take it away from you.
>>
>>55355099
I'm going to have to agree with you on that. The way she holds those weapons is pretty retarded.

Otherwise she a cutie though.
>>
File: b14.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
b14.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>55352778
I have nothing to contribute other than a bump because of that pic op
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.