[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that you know will be shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 976.gif (24KB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
976.gif
24KB, 300x160px
>D&D RP heavy campaign
>Futuristic D&D
>political intrigue D&D
>Starwars TT at all
>>
I guess that depends on what you mean by "RP heavy" D&D. Usually I want a campaign where everyone is at least into their characters enough to play out a few low-stakes conversations by the campfire, but I'll admit that most campaigns explicitly advertised as "RP heavy" tend to not be very great.
>>
>>55352091
D&D is primarily a wargame. 90% of the rules are about combat. If you use D&D to make a "RP heavy" campaign then you are no better than a retard who uses a his teeth to open beer bottles, yeah your teeth can open a bottle but it is messy, long, painful and unnecessary when there are bottle openers around.
>>
>>55352315
You don't need rules to define how to roleplay. You just need to get in character and let the DM work. Roleplaying is a minimum component of playing any TTRPG.
>>
Are there a bunch of other systems that give you points for talking in character or something? I don't need an RP table to pretend to be someone else
>>
>>55351975
Starfinder is dope you fucking faggot
>>
>>55352361

Ya but then you're just playing freeform RP with a lot of unnecessary combat rules because the skill systems for every edition are shit, and there's virtually no guide on dealing with NPCs as a roleplaying challenge
>>
>>55352315
>Sitting around and talking with each other is impossible. If there isn't 30 pages of information on it it's impossible. I can't do it, I NEED rules for everything!
>>
>>55352849
What the fuck are you talking about? You talk to them. There's your guide you autistic shitposter.
>>
>>55352315
>>55351975
Here you are, partner. You can find more rules about how to use you new (You) on p231.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.