[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concept artists and sculptors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1504507768091.jpg (74KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504507768091.jpg
74KB, 682x1024px
I'm looking for a concept artist and sculptor for a range of minis I want to produce. Where's the best place to find them? Any advice from someone who's done it before? Pic not related.
>>
>Wants to produce miniatures
>Is looking for a concept artist AND a sculptor
So what the fuck are YOU going to do?
>>
>>55349999
Good question.
>>55349985
I'm a sculptor. What do you plan to do? How do you plan to pay these people?
>>
Well basically I want a custom mini marketing and I thought why not try and make a few shekels while I'm at it. I don't see the problem with that.
>>
I plan to pay with cash??? I know its not cheap that's why I'm looking to try and sell some to make some money back.
>>
>>55350040
Do you have any idea how getting miniatures produced works? Use a search engine and fucking apply yourself.

>???
You have to be 18 to post on this site
>>
>>55350040
I think you're probably better off using Hero Forge or something similar, unless the minis you want are quite unusual.
>>
>>55350026
>>55350040
For concept arts prices range from $30-50+ (depends on the artist); for a sculptor, assuming we are talking about 32mm range, prices range from $350 and up (again depends on the name of the artist).
That's for a green, before taking into account casting prices.
If you want them to work on your ideas you have to pay them regardless the line succedes or fails, possibly in advance.

Just my2c.
>>
I've looked into it a bit I want to got the 3d printed route if possible but greenstuffnis good to. I think about $500 to have a mini produced all in is about right and I'm currently waiting on a quote to have the cast although I might do that myself.
>>
For the concept art I would pay up front and maybe put half up front for the miniature itself. To clarify I have an idea I just don't have any drawing or sculpting skills to make it happen although I am working on it. I want to do it as a hobby not necessarily to make money if it doesn't work it doesn't work I think it'll be fun to try. If I make the investment back and have a cool miniature at the end of it I'll be happy.
>>
>>55350093
Amateur prices are $30-50
If you want a professional concept artist and design it will be closer to $12-15 an hour.
>>
I'm looking for a sketch really. Just something I can give to the sculptor. Any idea where to find them? Is fivver any good?
>>
>>55350241
You're still aiming pretty low. A professional concept artist is getting paid -way- more than that. 30-50 is straight up insulting.

t. aspiring concept artist.
>>
>>55350625
I suppose we are talking about a simple b/w sketch here.
If you don't have a name with following, these are the prices.
>>
>>55349985
What emotion is his face trying to convey?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.