[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Symbaroum? I personally really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What do you guys think of Symbaroum?

I personally really like the mechanics, and the setting seems to be much less messy than dnd.
I wish there were more resources (like custom roll tables and cheat sheets) like dnd.

I never see it discussed here...
>>
>>55342633
What is it? Never heard of it.
>>
File: 02_Tak_liten-642x284.jpg (42KB, 642x284px) Image search: [Google]
02_Tak_liten-642x284.jpg
42KB, 642x284px
>>55342690
The setting is based around newly colonised land surrounding a collosal country-western forest called Dakovar.
The tone is a bit darker than dnd with great fear surrounding the forest, yet people recognise the dangerous opportunities it holds.

Civilised society is quite interesting with less of a one-size-fits-all mixed bag and more of a strict social hierarchy. Races are of a more folklorey, traditional sort- you've got your humans of course, trolls, goblins aren't the colourful bandits you normally find but an abused workforce, elves are definitely not Tolkien-esque either, they are aggressive tribes people with an unappealing alien appearance.

Ability checks feel more significant and personal, since difficulties are judged by the player or NPC's stats. The players make all the rolls, if they want to sneak past a guard, they roll their discrete modified negatively by how good the enemy's resilience is. If the enemy sneaks up on the player, the player rolls their vigilance modified by the enemy's discrete.

The lore is really nice and fleshed out since it focuses on a relatively small region compared to the sprawling world of DND.
>>
>>55342633
Havent had a chance to play it, but it's high on the list. I like the setting and mechanics a lot.
>>
Alright, is there any way you can be less vague or post a mega link? I am interested but I can't have an opinion if I don't get to know anything.
>>
>>55342633
>I never see it discussed here...
It is discussed relatively frequently.
Overall it hasn't grabbed my attention, feels too similar to a lot of the other games in the "dark rules lite indie RPG" scene.
>>
I've heard it's good but the core is lore heavy, which is fine. I'll crack it open some time and love it.
>>
I really like it. The chargen is quite fast, but that's all I can talk about from a practical standpoint, since I didn't have the chance to actually play it yet.
I've got two core books for 60€ during crowd funding (one standard one leatherbound). Pretty good price imo.
>>
>>55344894
Here you go: https://files dot catbox dot moe/sp6fry.zip
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.