[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 56

File: Cutting the cake.png (3MB, 1536x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Cutting the cake.png
3MB, 1536x1986px
Cake Edition

Faction Stat Card Almanac:
https://mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

>Books
Malifaux: https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - New models & Master upgrades

Through the Breach 2E - Core Rulebook

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Previous Thread: >>55281850

Have the wave five upgrades actually changed how you play the game?
>>
>>55341988
wow, she is much worse than i expected at slicing.
>>
>>55342097
I mean, she is blind.
>>
>>55341988
This wave is going to be big for resers. Especially Nico.
>>
File: blindasabab.png (309KB, 480x376px) Image search: [Google]
blindasabab.png
309KB, 480x376px
>>55342122
>she is blind
suuuure
>>
>>55342142
Nico sounds like so much fun now. I have never played Ressers, but I now really want to run a mindless zombie spam Nico crew to get my "Rise my minions" fix in.

Just for models, would Nico's box, Asura de Roten, the Carrion Emissary, and of course two boxes of mindless zombies be a good start?
>>
>>55342142
Nah man, Hamli er I mean outcasts really received a boon this release.
>>
>>55342197
I'm thinking I'm going to base Rotten differently, and use her for 2 more mindless zombies. I've got the old metal ones too. 8 might be enough. But I'll probably grab another box.

For Nico you probably want all the models, although most if the time you'll be summoning punks or necropunks. I think the new horse guys are going to be huge both as a summon and as a fielded model for extra early game mobility.
>>
>>55342493
I will probably do the same when I got her, and replace the empty slots on her base with gravestones or something. The Kentaroi sound like tempting options, and I will probably use them to speed up an otherwise slow crew. I am kicking myself for not getting them when they were three to a box during the Gencon sale. I didn't expect them to actually have a deal on any of their models.
>>
>>55342197
I'm thinking I'm going to base Rotten differently, and use her for 2 more mindless zombies. I've got the old metal ones too. 8 might be enough. But I'll probably grab another box.

For Nico you probably want all the models, although most if the time you'll be summoning punks or necropunks. I think the new horse guys are going to be huge both as a summon and as a fielded model for extra early game mobility.
>>
Man, Marlow really is awesome in Broken Promises. It is fun to watch him try to unravel the quagmire required for playable factions to forever coexist.
>>
File: 286160_20170911181354_1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
286160_20170911181354_1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
added more models to Malifaux TTS as well as quick sheets. still WIP
>>
I'm pretty thrilled with McMourning's new options too. Even beyond the upgrades, the Little Gasser is surprisingly great for him.
>>
>>55344513
They're honestly great for the price, and they work well with dogs and poison stuff too.
>>
File: 2017-09-11-223823_409x554_scrot.png (332KB, 409x554px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-11-223823_409x554_scrot.png
332KB, 409x554px
>>55343950
Very true. He actually took a reasonable approach to the Arcanists. On that note Lucius was a smooth criminal in his brief appearance.
>>
Also, was this Barbaros' first in-story appearance? I can't recall him actually appearing before.
>>
>>55346111
I think so, unless it happened in Chronicles, I don't think we've seen him in the fluff.
>>
>>55346111
He appeared in Crossroads, helping Lilith and Pandora chase down a guy.
>>
I think "Freikorps-land", as Parker put it, feels a bit contrived as a story device to get the most disorganized faction into a more unified shape. But the chapter itself was pretty fun; Tara, Parker, and Leveticus kinda steal the show.
>>
>>55346111
He had his background and bff friendship shown in chronicles
>>
Seems to me like they are preparing for a new edition faction shakeup.
I'm betting on
>M&SU faction with some of the remnants of the arcanists like kaeris, collette, ironsides, maybe some others
>Mercenaryland
>Since nico fucked up all the ressurs at the ball ressurs split into "spooky ghost people" and "psychopaths"
>Spooky ghosts get JD, Pandora Molly, Kirai etc maybe hamelin or something
>Psychos get nico, seamus, raspy, dougie, sandeep, maybe hamelin or something
>Lillith leads a half neverborn half "nature" faction with Marcus, Zoraida, herself etc
>Titania leads new kind of neverborn faction
Not sure how thunders will reform though and gremlins would probably just change to become "bayou faction". Right now though Hoffman and Nellie are the only two guild masters with any actual fucks given about the guild, everyone else either hates the general, is out of a job or never had much of a connection to the guild anyway.
>>
>Ironsides sells out the man working to end all prejudice including that against magic users in the entire world to cause a bunch of race riots in america
I didn't think ironsides was meant to be that dumb.
>>
>>55347374
I'm cool with some more faction shifting, but I'm not sure what would make sense.

Other than Gremlins, I think ressers make the most sense as a faction. They might not be organized together, but they so get their power/inspiration from the grave spirit.
>>
>>55347412
She is punched in the face, professionally. I'm not even mildly surprised when she acts dumb.
>>
>>55347472
Kirai, Molly and Yan Lo pretty much explicitly work against the grave spirit or at least other ressurs. Nico wiped out "ressurs as a faction" at the ressur ball. Tara has no connection to the grave spirit either.
>>
>>55347412

I think that gives Ramos' motives too much credit. Ramos is primarily out for Ramos' best interests
>>
>>55347412
Ramos is working for his own interests. He doesn't give a shit about anybody else.
>>
>>55347511
I don't think the grave spirit is overly concerned about it's followers killing each other.

Good point about Tara though.
>>
>>55343950
After reading Broken Promises, I think this is the worst story line in four M2E Books.
Ramos acts like an idiot.
Lilith failed too easily.
McMourning left Guild away.
Parker would like to steal the Hanged.
ETC

Oh My Goodness, did I watch a Gremlin drama!?
>>
>>55347953
When the branching path for mcmourning appeared I expected him to fly in the face of conventional morality and find a way to be both, justifying his behavior as a small price to pay for the medical insights that save ir improve lives. Hes no saint but hes hardly any more immoral than sonnia or lucius. The story would have ended better with dougie secretly sabotaging the ritual or better yet convincing the death marshals the ritual was going to do more harm than good.
>>
Whats a good small shenlong list? Like 30 stonesish. Thinking shen, yu, obsidian oni, dawn serpent maybe?
>>
Damn, the new artist in wave got all these units looking like garbage, bunch of fatties or weird jolly grins. Like people at wyrd have a santa fetish or something.
>>
>>55348739
Samurai might work nicely, what with free Focus /Defensive.
>>
>>55347953
I think that some of the decisions and motivations were dumb, but I did like everything else about the stories. I am glad that we had henchman like Angel Eyed and Toshiro make an appearance.
>>
>>55347953
I really need to read these stories
>>
>>55347374
I'm almost convinced that factions are going to become a LOT looser than they already are or go away entirely in the next edition. I'm not sure how removing factions would be handled though.

>>55347511
Karina resurrected Tara though and Karina is an OG necromancy, so she definitely has ties to the grave spirit, although looser than the other ressers.
>>
>>55353805
>I'm not sure how removing factions would be handled though.
A lot of unit tags maybe.
>>
File: horrible.jpg (220KB, 900x848px) Image search: [Google]
horrible.jpg
220KB, 900x848px
>>55349146
I've said it before and I'll say it again, fat people and Tim Burton characters. I liked it when weird body shapes were saved for the truly creepy characters, like Sebastian and Mortimer.

The artist also managed to make gremlins look evil, pic related is not the way gremlins are supposed to be. Gremlins are supposed to look happy, excited, stupid and kind of cute - they're supposed to be fun! Not this angry goblin trash, save that for MTG or Warhammer.

The new artist just does not understand the aesthetic of m2e. It looks like fan art.
>>
>>55353904
At the very least their established artists have been able to do decent stuff with some of the art in Book 5, and ToS. There is more original art overall rather than just dudes on the same recycles backgrounds, so it has its advantages. I feel like they shouldn't let the new lady design the entire range, as her art at least works for some gribblies. It's ironic that everything gets more cartoony, with the exception of the Gremlins who get less cartoony and more like scary monsters as you have pointed out.
>>
Out of curiosity, would damage from blasts follow the same rules as the regular damage from an attack would? For example, if I had an attack that ignored armor, and it did a blast, would the damage from said blast ignore armor?
>>
>>55354168
Yes.
>>
File: app.png (651KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
app.png
651KB, 1080x1920px
First pictures of the official malifaux app.

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/120815-august-15th-app/?page=4
>>
>>55354882
>In progress shot already looks better than War Room 2
Neat. If it has all the stat cards then I am more than happy to switch from Crew Faux.
>>
>>55353904
>The artist also managed to make gremlins look evil
Very true. It was almost shocking how little gassers turned out. I was expecting them to come out as too comical, instead of legitimately evil/threatening.

At least the models in your pick don't look so bad. They definitely look more evil-imp in that art work though. Since when have gremlins had glowing eyes?
>>
File: Kandara.jpg (81KB, 533x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kandara.jpg
81KB, 533x960px
>>55355030
I think the Little Gassers might be one of the very few models in the new wave that I like the art for, because the style owrks with the model.
>>
>>55355765
I like it too. It just wasn't what I was thinking
>>
I'm still not sure what they were thinking with Hamelin's upgrades. I get the sense he is someone's favorite.
>>
>>55357115
Yeah, I've definitely go that impression too.
I think we've even discussed it before.
>>
I personally like that McMourning had to choose. It's a more dynamic change than letting him have it both ways forever
>>
Just realized Doug could take the Oxford Mages if he wanted, but is there a point without their upgrades?
>>
Just had my first game against Nicodem using Colette. He sure can drown you in activations. Coryphees pretty good against all melee though.
>>
File: Oxfordians.jpg (387KB, 1500x992px) Image search: [Google]
Oxfordians.jpg
387KB, 1500x992px
>>55358138
Not really, I would say.
With the stacked Runes, plus Warding Runes, plus the magic armour, plus being cheaper, they are still only quite good in Arcanists.

They lean a bit too heavily on having other models push them around, otherwise they are slow as fuck, and 10" isn't incredible given the spread, even with decent triggers.
>>
Real excited by Toni's new upgrades. Who do you guys like to take with her? Hand picked men choices?
>>
>>55358735
Are these generals just a shill for toadpainter?
>>
>>55358808
Never got in to Ironsides.
She seemed a little too "strong independent woman who don't need no man" for me to really care about her character.
>>
>>55359764

I just like her on the board
>>
Is anyone going to be taking Ying/Yang in the future? It seems like a good deal as Shenlong isn't hurting for upgrade slots, but I am not sure if he really wants to be switching them and giving them to Yu.
>>
>>55355030
>>55355765
New artist can definitely draw monsters and undead, they just fall flat when they try to draw humans or gremlins.
>>
>>55358808
I've had tons of fun with her using Captain + Rail Golem. Just the pressure given from the Rail Golem and Ironsides means the rest of your list can do what it wants to do.
>>
For McCabe players, what is your general order of activation and where do you keep McCabe on the board? For me I try to activate anything holding an upgrade first, and then activate McCabe so he can hand out the upgrades again and reactivate someone. It works best when I can chain activate a dog immediately after him so my opponent can't respond to the dog saber charge. I am keeping him in the back (But within range for Promises). However I am not sure if it is a good idea to put him farther up and take advantage of In the Thick of it Misdirection if need be. I am just trying to figure out how to play him ideally.
>>
>>55359764
To a great extent that is the problem with her. She only has one good story, the one where she fights that cold using arcanist gone rogue by teaming up with a witch hunter.
The Captain was originally envisioned as the master with Ironsides as the henchman, i guess they swapped it around for better representation but is it really better representation when she was so poorly developed?
I mean fuck this latest story actually made her worse as a character too, since it 100% confirmed her father died just due to being black, if they had said "because he was a magic user who was black" or something it could have really made her connection to the arcanists clearer.
>>
File: Cassandra B&W.jpg (806KB, 3000x2297px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra B&W.jpg
806KB, 3000x2297px
>>55358434
Fancy posting an AAR?
Always interested in how folks beat Nico with non-killer crews.

>>55359451
He paints a bunch and he paints well.
I'm not going to go out of my way to crop out the logo if it takes half a model with it too.
Calm down.
>>
File: cerberus.png (3MB, 2524x922px) Image search: [Google]
cerberus.png
3MB, 2524x922px
>>55362512
I appreciate seeing painted models, even though you often seem to post the same ones. That's some nice NMM; and I need to learn to paint that sort of skin tone.
>>
>>55362073
I will have definitely like the captain as a master. A relic hammer master would have been cool.

You could have a cool relic hammer list, and flush out more about their part in the setting.

Also: cool mustache
>>
>>55353904
Explain how Malifaux does art for me.

I've always been impressed by the direct 2D to 3D comparison of the models and art since no other company in the market comes even close to their reproduction level.

Are the 3D modelers themselves the artists or are the 3D modelers just really good at copying?
>>
>>55353904
Wrastlers look pretty fun.

Criers make sense being agitated and politically active, they ought to creep ya out.
>>
>>55363164
They aren't active though. They actually have a rule where they turn into a regular bayou gremlin because they stop giving a shit or forget what they were supposed to yell.
>>
>>55362966
They could have at least given ironsides the captains jetpack. Rocket powered flying punch!
>>
File: Sidir.jpg (98KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sidir.jpg
98KB, 1024x768px
>>55362575
I try and rotate, but I don't curate or track what I've posted all that closely.
I think the thread just looks nicer with images on the imageboard, you know?
>>
>>55364349
Post desolation engines.
>>
File: coryphee_duet.jpg (453KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
coryphee_duet.jpg
453KB, 2048x2048px
>>55362512
I don't think I can post anything resembling a battle report or such. Also I didn't win exactly, we had to call it after turn 4 and score was 5-5. I think he might have won with one point or so had the game gone all the way. It was my second game with Colette ever, so some mistakes was made. Mostly it came down to Ice Dancers being awesome and Centauri not being able to do shit against Coryphees.
>>
>>55365651
> Centauri
Kentauroi I mean
>>
I want to practice a "core" set of masters or even one master but I keep coming up with new combos I want to try like burying a desolation engine that rusty has given reactivate and dropping it into the opponents crew with tarra to rip shit up with two crazy activations healing itself to full.
>>
File: Desolation Engine.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Desolation Engine.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>55364854
Preference?

I am of the opinion that the plastic's head looks retarded, even though the pose is better.
>>
File: Desolation Engine Old Metal.jpg (263KB, 734x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Desolation Engine Old Metal.jpg
263KB, 734x1213px
>>55365746
Having said that, the face on the metal is pretty retarded too.
>>
File: Shambler2.png (169KB, 1080x946px) Image search: [Google]
Shambler2.png
169KB, 1080x946px
>>55365746
Plastic. Also its great, what are you on about? Pic related.
>>
File: Coryphee Duet Light.jpg (123KB, 1024x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Coryphee Duet Light.jpg
123KB, 1024x1008px
>>55365651
Coryphee are next in my queue after Samurai.

Just about gives me all the Showgirls, except the Ice Dancers - I didn't prioritise them because Colette can usually get the girls organised Turn 1, so the rapid runners didn't seem so important.

I started with Colette, and I think she's probably still my favourite Master.
How did you find her?
>>
>>55358735
Who ever painted those minis must be a beginner cause it looks really bad !
>>
>>55365746
>All those gaps
>No base work done
>"Highlights" are just a sloppy drybrush
More effort is needed.
>>
File: Ronin B&W.jpg (71KB, 695x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ronin B&W.jpg
71KB, 695x960px
>>55367365
>Gaps
I was agonising over whether or not to use that picture for exactly that reason.

Nothing fucks me off more that people putting nine hours into paintjobs on miniatures they spent four minutes building.
Shit, you could fill those gaps with a bit of excess polycement when building, you don't even need putty.
>>
File: colette-du-bois-0002.jpg (123KB, 450x482px) Image search: [Google]
colette-du-bois-0002.jpg
123KB, 450x482px
>>55367212
Strong and weak at the same time really. Prompt has amazing potential it feels like, but it's hard to activate her late to get the most out of it. I really liked the Doves and the "All Together Now", even thouhg I failed at summoning a dove twice. Lots of options though.

Not sure about her upgrades though. Besides Cabaret Choreography, I ran Shell Game and Arcane Reservoir which was a bit underwhelming, especially Shell Game did nothing. I want to try out Seize the Day next time and maybe Imbued Energies or just putting Practiced Productions on herself.
>>
>>55367212
In vanilla schemes collete was considered tier 0, the best master in the game, with dreamer, levi and kirai trailing behind her. Now she has been nerfed and schemes have changed quite a bit but still i think she is pretty neat.
>>
>>55367498
>Strong and weak at the same time really.
This is probably the most interesting part of Colette's style.

I had a buddy who played Colette, it seemed like half the games even with him winning, after being tabled.
>>
File: knock-knock-whos-there.jpg (143KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
knock-knock-whos-there.jpg
143KB, 960x576px
>>55365746
>>55365823
Unfortunately both of them are pretty bad. I keep telling myself if I ever do Levi, I'm going to have to scratchbuild something. Engine should look like it's actually an aggregate monster made out of a bunch of aboms, shouldn't it? Something like the Zygote creature, but with some machine parts mixed in there.

Lot of work though, which is why I haven't got there yet.
>>
>>55367926
I like both the models. I do agree that they seem to fall short of the concept.
>>
>>55367926
Buy two boxes of abominations and actually combine them voltron style. Chainsaw arms coming off the open ribcage with the tiny snake tail instead of legs and knifeyes as the head.
Alternatively grab a university of transmortis box and use the snake tail from that with an abomination ribcage and a mixture of various weapon arms from the transmortis plus a bunch of heads.
>>
File: Colette Purple & Yellow.jpg (49KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Purple & Yellow.jpg
49KB, 600x764px
>>55367498
I usually take Arcane Reservoir, Cabaret Choreography and A Lady's Secret.

With your free Stone suit per turn and a low Mask, you can drop two Showgirls onto a hired Dove 14" up the board Turn 1 before they activate.
That's Carlos and Cassandra holding the centre, or Cassandra with a 29" Charging threat range.
If you have the Masks, you could ping an Oiran up their to Lure people forward while blocking rush charge lanes.
If you want to set up the Prompt action for Turn 2, you can put Ms Du Bois herself up there, so you can spend all her AP doing work.

I fell out of using Shell Game, but it can be handy if you plan on relying on Doves a lot - that 4" place can up their buffing range an effective 5", which makes a big difference if they are Slow from being summoned.
>>
>>55369001

I like that colorscheme.
>>
File: Mannequin Alice.jpg (177KB, 1000x575px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin Alice.jpg
177KB, 1000x575px
>>55369077
The yellow and purple/blue is a really nice pairing.

That and it's well painted yellow, which still disproportionately impresses me to this day.
>>
>>55369001
Damn, did not consider that. In general I forgot a lot of Colette's abilties - I spend AP on interacting all day long forgetting Rehearsed was a thing.

Disappearing Act seems really strong now that I think about it, gonna have to try that out some more.
>>
I'm contemplating the possibilities of modding Colette's box into undead, so as to fit Seamus' thematic. Not sure how I'd want to go about it yet beyond painting flesh.
>>
>>55360482
Shenlong tends to only take one upgrade and they're still not worth taking. That 1 SS can be anything from a bigger model, a Recalled Training or, y'know, an SS. Also Yu doesn't get them when they're discarded.
>>
>>55370398
probably wouldn't be too difficult to drill and cut into them and then greenstuff organs or something of the sort.
>>
File: Rail Workers.jpg (162KB, 720x359px) Image search: [Google]
Rail Workers.jpg
162KB, 720x359px
>>55370310
Colette is more about the other tricks than she is about Prompt since the errata, doubly so with her new "Showgirls get free Focus" upgrade.

Disappearing Act is Minion or Showgirl, so you can do nasty things like Prompt a Dove to fly through the enemy crew to their support models, then drop one or two Rail Workers (or equivalent) on them.
If you use the A Lady's Secret trigger to not discard the Doves, then you can activate the Dove to give them +flips to damage or Df to make sure they get the job done.
>>
>>55370398
Looking at the dead hookers we've got already, they'd look pretty normal with the right skin tone.

You could do some modelling, aging scars or wounds or bullet wholes but I'm not sure how much is needed.

Doing a thin cut on the back and painting it up like a shot throat+congealed blood might look cool.
>>
>>55370873
Ugh the thought of collette dropping a razorspine rattler onto a scheme runner or something with that trick is irritating. Even if they manage to escape without taking wicked damage AND manage to avoid a charge angle it can just slither right back up next turn.
Speaking of which i should use the student of viscera more often. That slither has really come in handy for me and my meta has shifted towards living heavy crews...
>>
File: imageedit_1_2634369920.gif (20KB, 304x444px) Image search: [Google]
imageedit_1_2634369920.gif
20KB, 304x444px
4 more years!
>>
>>55371400
I really hope we see him getting some Gremlin General upgrade.
Maybe even something that bunps him up to master level like:
>This model generates 1 additional ap when it activates
>Take this upgrade only if you take no master in your crew. This model counts as the crew's leader
Maybe some other stuff too.

>Captcha: LaCroix luarca
>>
What's the consensus with Oirans with Colette? Just a more expensive and worse performer? Or is the WP aura decent in the right matchups, like pandora?
>>
>>55371486
With Von Schill being Venom Snake now, I'm wondering if warmahordes style "Epic" masters are gonna get made.
>>
File: Oiran Dragon.jpg (127KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran Dragon.jpg
127KB, 1000x500px
>>55371209
>Ugh the thought of collette dropping a razorspine rattler onto a scheme runner
Holy shit, you're a genius.
It's a shame that will involve picking up a whole crew box of shiny new models...

>>55371488
The consensus opinion used to be shitty Performent, but I've been crusading for tehir vaule as an offensive spoiler.

A couple of them flung up the board Turn one is a serious road block.
Longer post coming in a while.
>>
God the TT chapter is retarded.
>>
>>55371924

Why?
>>
>>55371560

Maybe an alt sculpt but Von Schill did just get upgrades representing his "going epic" in the WM/H sense.
>>
So let's say I grab Colette and Marcus' crews for Seamus and McMourning's new hiring options. What other Arcanist master(s) would you suggest to round out a playable faction selection?
>>
>>55372533
Ramos. Just give Joss, Myranda, Cassandra, all Imbued Energies and wreck face in whichever crew you run the three in.
>>
>>55372679

Fair. I suppose that'd let me dip into Hoffman too.
>>
Reminder to put https://mega.nz/#!F4UDWIQD!HPHQPzKYpPSHr8QfTRrfaCkgjdauyp-WBCVQf1WTHxI in the next OP.
>>
>>55372813
Ideally whoever owns the current mega will put it in the folder, and replace it with the official PDF when the time comes.
>>
File: Samurai Rangers.jpg (232KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Rangers.jpg
232KB, 1280x720px
>>55372813
Top bloke, whoever scanned that.

>>55372533
>Just get Sandeep lol
No but srsly, >>55372679 is right - with the Ramos box you'll have the Henchman/Enforcer all-star crew ready to go.

>>55372760
>Fair. I suppose that'd let me dip into Hoffman too.
It's brutal how effective the cross-faction Masters and hiring pools are.
I'm 'an Arcanist player'.
I'm accidentally starting to expand into Neverborn thanks to Lucius, who I picked up because I picked up Hoffman since he can use Joss and Hank, who I picked up because old-style Colette needed good beaters to Prompt.
Meanwhile, I've go Mei Feng because her construct synergies work well with Hank and Joss, so I bought some Bros and Snipers and Archers and Samurai too...

At least Raspie has fuck all crossover with anyone outside her own Frozen Heart faction.
>>
>>55373115
You should see if you can drill or at the very least clean the mold lines on those barrels. It would look much better IMO.
>>
So as an Arcanist player I'm pretty content with everything I own; there isn't really anything I'd look towards expanding my crews.
So that's made me look elsewhere. If I were to start a small Guild set with Sonnia and Lucius, what would be some good pick ups? Are the contents of the crew boxes worth getting, or would I be, say, better picking up Lucius as a single from Gadzooks?
I like the look of Witchling Stalkers, and Death Marshalls are pretty cool too.
>>
>>55373747

Sonnia's box is worth it certainly. Witchlings are great, Sam is a bit of player preference, and she can summon her totem now. Lucius would st least like his totem available; Guild guard are crap but Dashel has his moments.
>>
>>55373952
Damn, Gadzooks has Lucius + totem at 27, I almost feel at that point it may just be worth getting the box.
>>
>>55374485

Might as well
>>
>>55374485
The lawyers are nice to have anyways. With discounters putting the price of the box at $32 or so it isn't going to be that much of a difference.
>>
>>55373115

Heh, definitely. I'm a Resser but apparently not just a Resser for much longer.
>>
>>55373747
>So as an Arcanist player I'm pretty content with everything I own

So you're not a Marcus player, then?
>>
>>55375088
I think Marcus is cool but I'm not interested in exploring his out of faction options.
>>
File: file.png (12KB, 331x240px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
12KB, 331x240px
After taking a quick looksies at the books I settled for this list for now; lots to buy and I'm a poor person so it seems like it'll be cool to slowly fulfill this. Maybe cut down on some stuff like 1 Riflemen, no Sanctioned Spellcasters, 1 Thrall.
Any super obvious good thing I'm missing? I've never really played against guild so I don't know what's the hot business.
>>
There's a topic. Favorite out of faction hires for Marcus?
>>
>>55376607

If money is tight you could put off the Exorcist. They're cute but not lynchpin for most lists you'll ever build
>>
>>55377372
Sounds good.
>>
>>55376607
If you are just buying single models rather than entire box sets you may as well just ditch the exorcist for Francisco. And for that matter get Austringers rather than Riflemen, as Austringers are pretty good even with the errata. I think that Guild Hounds are a decent choice though.
>>
Think the Riotbreaker's gonna be any good? I like the fluff for it but I'm not sure if it brings anything that great.
>>
>>55379461
I think 1 might be good. Making things insignificant and shutting down gremlins and their reckless is nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>55379461
It looks really solid to me. 7 wounds and armor 2 in a 6 ss minion is pretty tough. Having a wicked attack, and an ability that dudes people it's engaged with to take walk actions is great. The 4 inch push when someone else pushes is great for chasing down stuff that tried to push out of it's engagement.

It's not a beater by any means but it's going to be a tough tarpit.
>>
Just finished a fun game. Fun in my end at least. It's was short and pretty much all over by turn two.
>>
I feel like Hoffman making Cyborgs has some serious potential. The upgrades and flawed Power Loop aren't great, but being able to cast Machine Puppet on models like Francisco and Phiona could get ugly.
>>
>>55381171
Phiona is an amazing Cyborg.
>>
Am I being unreasonable or are Gadzook's prices pretty high? Like, with The Captain being $18 I might as well just buy Ironsides' crew box anyway.
>>
>>55381273
not high at all. just buy the box if you aren't buying crew boxes for merc options
>>
Heres my cyborg targets
Surprise charge from puppeted executioner.
0 action scheming on orderlies for walk 12 drop marker.
Isnt greeds ss drop attack once per activation? Good machine puppet target for min 4 or lose ss.
>>
File: Cassandra Tightroe walker.jpg (430KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra Tightroe walker.jpg
430KB, 750x938px
>>55379461
>>55380423
>an ability that dudes people it's engaged with to take walk actions
?
If you mean forces, that is pretty cool.
If you mean stops, that seems a little counterproductive - they are just going to wale on him instead, so unless you catch something with lame Weak/Moderate damage, that Armour+2 isn't going to save a life.

>>55381049
Jesus. What happened?

>>55381273
Supply and demand, and operating costs of buying crew boxes.
Having said that, even the stuff I wouldn't expect to be popular is pretty expensive.
>>
>>55382132
Unless they are min 5 and land 3 attacks armor 2 will save him for sure.
It makes it so if you end activation in jis engage you take 2 damage.
>>
File: Lawyers.jpg (170KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lawyers.jpg
170KB, 1600x1200px
Looking at the Guild models in Broken promises, the power creep does look pretty real.
Maybe it's just because I haven't been able to play a lot lately, but it seems like they get a lot of very good front of card abilities on top of a reasonable statline.
I think virtually all of them are right at the top of the power curve for their cost.

>>55382180
That's a fair point - I think I was probably a little hard on it.
It's a great piece for locking down one or two average models, but models ignoring Armour, or Focus with a decent spread, isn't going to have too much trouple with it. Df4 doesn't help either.
>>
File: Domador de Cadaveres.png (926KB, 555x777px) Image search: [Google]
Domador de Cadaveres.png
926KB, 555x777px
If this is one of the Domador de Cadaveres sculpts, I think I'll have to pick up a pack.
>>
>>55382132
>Jesus. What happened
Ophelia vs Viks.
Turn one Rami exploded print about 26 wounds on his crew.
Then Ophelia shot with threatening gun and managed to paralyze half of the survivors.
>>
>>55383471
That's the nature of the Viks, win big, lose big.
>>
>>55382132
iirc it gets a free attack against anyone that takes a walk action near it and it forces models near it to take walk actions.
>>
File: Hoffman crew.jpg (226KB, 1600x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Hoffman crew.jpg
226KB, 1600x1087px
>>55383586
>iirc it gets a free attack against anyone that takes a walk action near it
Nope.

One of its melee attacks deals damage on Disengaging Strikes, and it has a Melee Pulse that causes a Wk13 duel or gives a condition that the enemy must take a Walk as its first action.

So you can effectively make them Slow or force them to risk a Disengaging Strike, but it's not a terribly difficult test - TN13 of Wk is going to be an 8 most of the time, which isn't too terrible.
>>
File: Gremlins OP.jpg (43KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins OP.jpg
43KB, 800x484px
>>55383471
>26 wounds
Damn.
>Then Paralysed half the survivors
That's pretty fucking brutal.
But I guess that's two high-damage alpha strike teams head to head - someone's going home in a body bag.
>>
>>55382892
>Focus with a decent spread
I'm sorry but not many models have a 9 damage severe.
>>
>>55383471
Ha! I love it when someone clumps in deployment. Makes Tucos focused shot blast the shit out of em.
>>
>>55384335
Oh I know, it's a really great roadblock model for 6ss, but it's not going to hold a dedicated beater long, is horribly vulnerable to Armour ignoring shit, and has to be sufficiently far out from your crew that the opponent can't just walk to your other models from within the engagement.

It's going to be a total fucking nightmare with Hoffman though (ignoring armour ignoring OP).
>>
>>55384873
Yeah. It seems to me like it's anti-scheme runner tech.
You try and lock down one or two scheme runners or support models. The once a turn push will definitely help against models that use pushes to avoid melee.

I think it's only really going to have problems vs stuff with big pushes it can't keep up with, like leapers.
>>
>>55384985
>anti-scheme runner tech.
>Wk 4
You can counter-deploy it wide to catch the flankers, but otherwise I see it more as holding off behind and to one side to prevent flanking of Hoffman's bubble, shooting into the engagements on the frontline (doesn't randomise).
>>
What upgrade setup do you think Ramos wants to run if taking Leviathan Power Core?
>>
>>55385364
I don't play gonna Hoffman, I thought he bought have since useful pushes or movement shenanigans to speed them up.
>>
>>55341988
The TtB trove doesn't actually seem to have the Through the Breach 2E Corebook in it.
>>
>>55387340
I drive think about got a hold of it, it scanned it yet.
>>
Does Resser Doug have any good use for Guild Lawyers? It feels like such a dead ability on the upgrade, especially since Guild Guard are definitely worthless.
>>
>>55387598
There's no strong synergy, but lawyers can be an annoying 6 stone model for your opponent.
Given what else is on the upgrade, though, I'm fine with a fluffy throw away ability.
>>
>>55388390
Pretty much this. Roadkill Scholar and Abra cadaver are huge.
>>
>>55387340
There isn't an official PDF for 2E yet, so we will probably be waiting on that.
>>
>>55388594
Ah well. I guess we'll just have to keep an eye out.
>>
>>55387598
Not really but they are very competitive 6 costs, especially if you run anything that likes hard to wound such as izamu or the incorporeal spirits. Also on crow they give out poison 2 and the general tankiness of ressurs forces foes to attack more often doing more fees.
>>
Is there a way besides killjo to get black blood in a mcmourning crew? Seems spooky with rancid transplant.
>>
>>55389437
I think that and maybe Angel Eyes are the only black blood mercs.
>>
File: 1433962499167.jpg (303KB, 1169x985px) Image search: [Google]
1433962499167.jpg
303KB, 1169x985px
So, got the Jacob Lynch box due to completing my Gremlin collection, but now I'm at a loss of what direction I should go into.

Should I expand into neverborn so I can double dip stuff with Zoraida or should I go TT so I can double dip with Brewmaster? What do you think is more efficient/cost effective?
>>
>>55389476
Gah, real shame. Rancid transplanting someone next to killjoy still works though to give em 4 poison and spray kjs blood on em.
>>
>>55389505
Probably Neverborn as you can share more models between the two masters, and buy less models in general.
>>
>>55389505
Both options suck but nb is better since zoraida actually likes swampfiends where brewie is eh on most tri chi. NB zoraida core is probably will o wisp, since its the most broken shit ever with her. The typical combo is will o wisp creates a voodoo doll by copying zoraidas action it takes a free hem then iggy burns the doll to do like 8+ damage to some schmuck with little chance to avoid it. Stitched together help lynch and are good.
>>
>>55389476
Hayreddin would be another source
>>
>>55389520
I take that back, corrupted hounds are beasts, do he can bring them. Black blood Scion is a Merc too. With plastic surgery you could have quite a few pings for black blood.

The Scion is pretty good with a nurse too, since he can remove conditions on friendly models.
>>
File: Pathfinder.jpg (129KB, 1600x808px) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder.jpg
129KB, 1600x808px
>>55389505
>10T
That way lies madness.
Madness and multifaction models, as discussed in >>55373115 but turned up to 11.
>>
>>55389505
Neverborn. TT are lame.
>>
>>55389963
I honestly don't think that Infiltration leads to you having to buy as many cross faction models as some would beliee. Only Mei Feng and McCabe (Ok, maybe Jakob now that he can summon depleted) have autotakes outside of TT. Even then it is a single kit for the three of them. The characteristics covered by their Infiltration are pretty small, save McCabe's but his slots are filled by the dogs anyways.
>>
Any thoughts on how many Flesh Constructs and Canine Remains to own for Dougie? Would there be any value to taking Guild or Corrupted Hounds with him?
>>
>>55390041
I usually don't get more than 3 flesh constructs or 4 dogs on the table via summoning. You might want more if you're buying them.

I want to run a doggo list with McMourning, but I haven't really thought if a good way yet.
>>
>>55390154

I figure I won't be hiring them so those numbers are what I'll aim for.
>>
File: Yan Lo Crew.jpg (59KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Yan Lo Crew.jpg
59KB, 960x540px
>>55390011
It's not "I have [10T Master] now I need [Infiltration models]" that's the problem.
It's "I have Mei for my Arcanists, I'll grab some Snipers and Komainu with Toshiro so I can try her in 10T. Yan Lo's pretty good with Komainu actually. Yan Lo's probably fun in Ressurs, and I have Toshiro, and I only need one Ressur box for that... And actually Nico's pretty good with Punk Zombies as well..."
>>
>>55390764
They guy I play most of my games with is pretty cool with proxies. I ususally use Ryle, if I need spares.

>>55390904
This. I think it's actually a pretty clever way of marketing. I honestly like it a lot more than trying to buy a whole faction, since a lot of masters in most factions don't appeal to me.
>>
File: Lucius Box Crew.jpg (760KB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Box Crew.jpg
760KB, 4208x3120px
>>55390962
>I honestly like it a lot more than trying to buy a whole faction, since a lot of masters in most factions don't appeal to me.
I understand but don't follow the whole 'completionist' impulse to get ever Master of a faction.
I'm probably never going to play Ramos, Sandeep or Marcus, and I'm not that jazzed about Ironsides right now.

Lucius and Hoffman though, sound fun.
Maybe it's just a thing about AP-distributors.
>>
>>55341988
Yeah, malifaux is ok, but I can't get over the fact that the storyline is exactly "hell'dorado - but later"
There's also a lack of distinct factions.
>>
>>55367331
I wouldn't say really bad, merely basic.
>>
>>55391131
There are distinct factions though. It is aesthetics which differ, and that is about it. Tarzan and Thomas Edison working together actually makes sense in the fluff.
>>
Hm. How do Gupps compare to Ressers' existing scheme runners, as McMourning options?
>>
>>55391131
It's got almost nothing in common with Hellderado.
I could see a complaint about it being too close to Deadlands though.

>>55391208
I kinda miss the 1st ed factions, where there were 4, each one associated with a card suit. Outcasts being the 5 faction of oddballs. Having Gremlins and Ten Thunders added as full blown factions has sort of muddled that a bit.

I'll be interested to see what happens if they re-boot factions in a new edition, like was sort of hinted at in the last book.
>>
>>55391601
I don't have the books in front of me, but I think they sort of looked like worse necro-punks.
>>
>>55367331
Better than I can do.
>>
Picked up a Sonnia Creed box from ebay for 50% off, and a used Witchling Handler from the local gamestore and now I've started that small Guild Force.
Think I'm going to go black and red for the colors, with as small amount of red as possible. So, like, super edgy.
>>
>>55391748
I can dig it.
>>
>>55391748
>>55391822
I kinda want to do the opposite. With lots of white.
I think it'd made the witchlings look more like bandaged lepers.
>>
>>55391836
That could be pretty cool, too. but white is kind of a pain to paint in mass
>>
File: Zoraida crew.jpg (311KB, 1600x1342px) Image search: [Google]
Zoraida crew.jpg
311KB, 1600x1342px
>>55391601
>>55391724
Gupps leap on 1+ of Masks, Necropunks on a 7 of any suit.
Gupps are 1ss cheaper, but have basically no healing/survival tech.
Gupps can turn into Silurids id they kill a non-Peon, but that requires them to be near combat, and to do damage with their 1" Ml5 1/2/3 AND hit the Crow trigger.
Punks are H2W and H2k, Gupps are Silent with Perfect Camouflage.
Gupps Wk5 Cg5, Punks Wk4 Cg6.

I think on balance the Necropunk is probably better for the extra 1ss, but there's not a great deal in it.

Skip straight to Silurids, maybe?
>>
>>55391915
I think I'd probably stick with dogs, or maybe the new Little Gassers for McMourning, since they'll have more poison synergy.

I personally don't like slurids, at 7ss they just don't seem do do enough.
>>
For another Resser question, do Doug and Seamus actually cover different schemes and strats? They seem to have plenty of overlap as Killy Masters.
>>
>>55392958
They are both killy but they also are both highly mobile too.

I think I'd rate McMourning as more killy. Mostly because his crew is pretty focused on poison and murdering stuff. Seamus is killy but Belles focus a lot on messing with the opponents movement plans.
>>
Is there anything cool you can do with Lenny's immunity to conditions?
>>
>>55394801
Zoraida lists with Nurse can have him as a mean beater since he can get healed to full with no paralysis.

Brewmaster list means that he can take drinking contest for easier heals with no poison on him.
>>
>>55393041

Sure, but doesn't that reinforce that they cover very similar situations? Although I suppose Seamus would rather see softer targets than Doug, who between Poison and Precise doesn't give a shit about a lot of defensive tech.
>>
>>55395461
Seamus generally is better at anti-scheming. With his gun and teleport he can comfortably delete a scheme runner a turn. Belles are also good at fucking with positioning, or luring themselves for extra movement.

There is a lot of overlap. But none of the Resser masters are scheme masters on par with Collette, Nellie or Parker.
>>
Reva is considered strong and now she can burn things to summon more lampads, great.
>>
Randomly.

"Years earlier, Nicodem had brought him an ancient corpse that had been fitted with strange, mechanical augmentations, and it was to these preserved remains that Douglas McMourning now returned.
Whether it was the voices in his head finally
revealing their secrets or simply the focus that came with not having to put up with the distraction of Guild paperwork, McMourning finally achieved a breakthrough in his research and learned why the corpse refused to decay."

Do we know what this is referring to? The only odd corpse I can think of is the Red Cage Abomination that the Latigos brought to him.
>>
>>55396323
Probably. What's it from?
>>
>>55396431

It is McMourning's vignette in Ripples of Fate.
>>
Whats your most dreaded model?
For me going up against the lone marshal is suffering. Hes an amazing flanking piece that pops schemers and towards the end of the game can scheme himself.
>>
>>55397276
Vincent.

Seriously fuck that guy. Unless I got him land locked, the fucker is too slippery.
>>
>>55392002
>I personally don't like slurids, at 7ss they just don't seem do do enough.
I think you're paying for guaranteeing the headstart on Stake a Claim and Leave Your Mark.
If there isn't a good reason to be in the opponent's deployment zone Turn 2, then they probably are overcosted.

>>55395461
>>55395571
I've never actually seen him played in store (thanks internet meta!) but it does sound like Saemus is almost a counter-pick Master for positional schemes.
The Leave Your Mark runner is going to get swept up by him, he's bamph-ing around to score/contest table-wuarters, area-holding models are getting dragged about by the Belles.

Having said that, pre-W5 most of those roles were done as well or better by others.

>>55396323
If not the Red Cage body, a University of Transmortis one?
>>
File: Titania Squad.jpg (496KB, 1841x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Titania Squad.jpg
496KB, 1841x1036px
>>55397276
Titania's whole fucking crew.
Displacement all over the god damned shop.
Infuriating.
>>
File: Cq0Dch4XYAA77Ts.jpg (179KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cq0Dch4XYAA77Ts.jpg
179KB, 1200x1200px
Talk to me about the Arcane Emissary. I play Rasputina and Colette and I've also just picked up Ironsides. Is there much reason to include the Emissary? I have the model and really wanna motivate myself to finish paiting it and put it on the table.
>>
>>55398739
I play Colette and I've not looked at the Emissary as a serious option.
The Colette-specific superpower ain't that super, the bananas-long charge is really only impressive on the card (if you can set up a 10" charge, sort your fucking table out), and it's pretty expensive.

On the upside, that 4/4/5 spread on one of the charge attacks is pretty good and the Minor Teleport (shit name) isn't bad either.

PullMyFinger makes it sound like just another turret point for Raspie to Mirror through, so not so exciting either.

Finally, and most off-puttingly, I hat ethe fucking model.
It is so ugly it beggars belief.
I've ordered a Kingdom Death Watcher off eBay to use instead, because it looks better even without context, but also looks like a big daddy Arcane Effigy.
>>
How do the Kingdom Death models scale against Malifaux ones?
Frustratingly few good scale comparison pics out there.
>>
>>55399344
No accounting for taste I guess. I like the model but I can see the appeal of the watcher model - sorta looks like the effigy all grown up.

What about for ironsides? The extra adrenaline seems sexy and the 0 could be useful sometimes I guess.
>>
>>55400867
They don't. Kingdom Death models are 35mm while Malifaux ones are 32, so you are going to find Kingdom Death models to be a good clip taller than Malifaux models. If it is for monsters then it should be fine as long as you can fit said monster on a 50mm base.
>>
>>55399344
while the model is sexy as all hell, that's some lazy ass airbrushing job.
>>
>>55397505

Doubtful. The University of Transmortis stuff isn't particularly "special" and wouldn't be called "ancient".
>>
>>55401378
The poster telling you a 10 inch charge is unreasonable with proper terrain is crazy, that is a great ability and on a proper terrain table still comes up. Ironsides can help its mobility with her pull thing and she loves the free AP it gives to her hand picked men + its free adrenaline.

All that said, it doesn't have the M&SU tag so you cant give it hand picked men and it costs 10 stones. Its kind of got hard competition inbetween rail golem, langston and joss which all have M&SU so they get hand picked men which is awesome.

If you want to take the emissary make sure you have one of those other beaters first so it can hand out AP to them and think about how much adrenaline you really need.
>>
I feel like Ironsides' new upgrades also mitigate the Emissary's value with her to some extent, too.
>>
>>55396323
Its most likely a regular abomination, the kind levi uses. Since they are supposedly not too uncommon its just they are super hostile and nobody but levi knows how to make or control them these days. Abominations seem to be some kind of ancient Fae or Tyrant creation and judging by the plastic sculpts most of them are made out of dead nephilim.
Red Cage abominations appear to be abominations 2.0 and way rarer, no doubt created either by cherufe or to help imprison cherufe. Douglas figuring out what makes either one tick is impressive but I'm betting its a regular abomination and its possibly hinting towards abominations being available to ressurs in 3e or something.
>>
>>55402064
If you take both you fucking drown in adrenaline! But yeah you are pretty much right. Generic conflux isn't that good with her since most builds with her use lots of enforcers rather than minions. Though Union Miners with ++ to damage flips getting that 5 severe (6 on a ram) sounds spooky to me.
>>
I hate arcanists but i love the rail golem. How can it be abused by leviticus or hoffman?
>>
>>55402121

Hoffman basically uses it better than any Arcanist, though he doesn't have big Burning synergies for it.
>>
How do I do a Mei Feng character build in D&D 4e?
>>
>>55402252
Metal Genasi Monk using those "take one skill from another class" stuff to pinch some abilities from artificers maybe?
>>
>>55402076
Into the Bayou at least says that the abominations from the red cage were things that were trapped underground, and only crawled to the surface after the red cage being lowered punched a hole into the bayou. They weren't necessarily trapped in the cage or associated with Cherufe.
>>
>>55402121
The golem is great with Hoffman, as you can power loop its low ML stat up to a better one, along with the other general support Hoffman brings.
>>
>>55397276
I don't think I've got a dreaded model as of yet. Really annoyed by friekorps snipers. Did they really need retreat to cover and reposition?
>>
>>55402252

Desert Wind Monk would likely work well for her. Monks are staggering mobile and fit her unarmed them, Desert Wind are Fire/Wind themed.
>>
>>55399344
I do like the model, but I agree it doesn't feel like it fits the theme. Ressers got a crow, guild got a ram, arcanists got a bull, which is totally unlike a ram in any way don't look into it.
>>
>>55403105

Arcane Emissary is a animalistic construct bursting with magical power.
>>
>>55403148
Meh. It seems too much like big strong guy, in the faction that's supposed to be magic/knowledge based. Their suit is tomes not flexing arms.

I don't particularly like the neverborn effigy either.
>>
>>55402972
You ever seen a Katanaka sniper? He doesn't retreat to cover, he just kills whatever you foolishly sent to engage him.
>>
File: Kingdom Death Size-Comparison.jpg (108KB, 1024x854px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Death Size-Comparison.jpg
108KB, 1024x854px
>>55401762
>that's some lazy ass airbrushing job.
I'm not such a huge fan of the "it's OSL, don't think about it" from streamers, no.

>>55401524
>Kingdom Death models are 35mm while Malifaux ones are 32
Bummer, that is quite a difference...
Ah well, they're too expensive anyway, and not wuite there thematically either.
>>
File: Rail Golem.jpg (116KB, 1290x967px) Image search: [Google]
Rail Golem.jpg
116KB, 1290x967px
>>55402340
Hoffman doesn't need the Tomes either, presumably, so you can Locomote more too.
>>
>>55403791
Fuck I love the rail golem. What a fun model. I've had it go through half of my opponent's crews before.
>>
>>55403420
>mi 5
>2/3/4
Not really a huge issue. Since he can't get out of melee he's such trying to kill whatever I send to lock him down instead of more fragile support pieces.

Friekrops trapper can't be locked down, can push away and still do it's job. If it goes twice, two repositions and it's 0 push put it 10 inches away. If you're running a melee heavy crew you're boned.

If they're alright with taking non focused shots he can pop out shoot and reposition or if line of sight.

For 6 points he's just generally a giant pain in the ass, that since crews can't afford to ignore.
>>
>>55404069
2/4/5 with + to the attack flip.
>>
>>55404128
Maybe it's just because I play ressers, but anything with minimum damage 2 or less just isn't particularly impressive.
>>
>>55404590
Ugh, Ressurs are such a pain in the arse.
>>
>>55404854
>Ugh, Ressurs are the best faction in the game
Ftfy
>>
File: 1503936750251.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1503936750251.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>55404926
cute
>>
Has anyone tried the rat engine components outside of a nihilist crew since the nerf?
I've been thinking about using a rat catcher as a kind of scheme runner and an obedient wretch to throw rats at things i dont care about to spawn rats that though they cant activate the turn they are summoned provide a risk of a rat king and more importantly provide strong activation control in later turns. As the enemy loses models i gain them. If i take winged plague i can reactivate them with the catcher for powerful scheming or i could take nix, blight my whole crew with drink spirit then try and spawn rats with "voracious rats" to help keep engagements and potentially activations on the board, plus maybe get a rat king later on.
>>
>>55405065
Just the rat catchers by themselves are pretty solid minions. I night take a wretch, then just blow her on the first turn for two rats. Then you only need to land a single hit with a rat catcher to have the stuff for a rat king.

I might run a pair of rat catchers down a side to run schemes. If the enemy engages them you've got a good chance if spawning free stuff.
>>
Alright lorefags, what are gamins? I always thought they were just like, imp familiars. But they're constructs; are they made by the M&SU or something? Are they more like homunculi?
>>
>>55405273
They are pretty much homunculi. They are created via magic by competent spellcasters, but they can run wild.
>>
>>55405368
Neat; I should probably read up on the lore sometime. The world is slowly getting more interesting to me as I play and paint, and maybe one day I'll want to play a Through the Breach game.
>>
>>55405390
>maybe one day I'll want to play a Through the Breach game.
Same. If nothing else I want to maximize the user I get it if the cool terrain and models.
>>
File: IMG_20170915_151317.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170915_151317.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>55405719
>>
>>55405746
Them thar's a nice saloon you got.
Where from?
>>
>>55397276
my main oppoent plays 10T and i'm nevervorn, for whatever reason I always have a massive issue dealing with Sidir, he's hard to deal with quickly and there are always other issues to deal with at the same time (usually the emmisary), I hate it.
>>
>>55405916
https://black-maria-designs.myshopify.com/collections/boom-town

They're really nice but a bit expensive. I like them a lot though.
>>
Looking at Hamlin's stuff. I'm legit confused why they keep giving him new and better stuff.

With just his 0 action he can shit out 9 activations a turn. Dropping another rat king and a rat or a rat catcher and two rats a turn.

Did he really need stuff like winged plague too?
>>
>>55403871
I really want one, it sounds like so much fun when it gets chugging along.
>>
>>55406852

Our best theory is that he's the pet character of someone on the design team.
>>
>>55406939
I mean, he is Aaron's avatar on the forums. And Aaron has said that Hamelin is his favorite master.
>>
>>55407254
>Aaron
I don't really know who that is. Is going in the design team?
>>
>>55407294
Aaron Darland is the creator of Malifaux and Wyrd's lead game designer.
>>
>>55407391
Ah. So no fixes I'm the foreseeable future.
>>
>>55406852
>>55407515
>Pet character of creator and lead designer
Fuck.
Why couldn't it have been someone more fun like Yan Lo?
>>
>>55407736
Is she supposed to be naked? Because that looks like Janet Jackson nip slip
>>
File: Rasputina Freehand Cloak.jpg (156KB, 549x726px) Image search: [Google]
Rasputina Freehand Cloak.jpg
156KB, 549x726px
>>55407773
I did wonder about that.
I've never understood people that paint nipples on. They are invariably (to scale) five inches in diameter and utterly ridiculous looking.
I posted it for the freehand cape though.

>>55407515
I've just remembered, GG18 is going to fix everything, so no worries there bro, Hamelin is back on the curve.
>>
>>55408299

Is he? Don't play him in "Ours" but otherwise with his new upgrades he seems set when it comes to dropping scheme markers and controlling the board.
>>
>>55407515
Did the math in my head. Just Hamlin with a mediocre hand and his three stolen can generate 26 activations in one turn.
>>
Pretty new to hobby stuff.

How bad are the seamlines on the Canine Remains? Especially the one in McMourning's box.

Also are there any simple tutorials on using greenstuff to fill gaps? I've heard you should wet it before working it in, for example.
>>
>>55409432
The seamline bisects the thing. While it is small, it will need to be filled if you want it to look decent. I mostly went by the White Goblin tutorial for GS. You wet your tool so it won't stick to the GS, but the GS along the crack and rub it in and scrape the excess off. You can use plastic cement to get rid of small gaps as well. Tamiya Extra Thin and Plastruct Plastweld all works.
>>
>>55409450

Thanks. Malifaux intimidates me a bit, just looking at some of the build instructions, but I'm determined to improve my skill and get this done.
>>
>>55409476
Filling gaps is the only annoying part of assembly IMO. Most just take a bit more time than your average metal figure that is cast as one piece. Avoid liquid greenstuff, as it is good at everything except what it is made for. It won't be filling gaps effectively, unlike actual GS or any other type of putty or cement.
>>
>>55407391
He's not the creator of Malifaux, he's just the current lead designer.
>>
>>55407254
Where did he say that? Because unless his opinion has changed as of a chronicles from 2 years ago, his favorite is shenlong.
>>
Can someone give me a rundown on how this game compares to Warmahordes and the like?
>>
>>55411391
Much smaller model count, much more focused on objectives. Uses cards instead of dice.
>>
File: 1431938753050.jpg (59KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1431938753050.jpg
59KB, 570x570px
What models do you guys think are worth something even with the Merc Tax?

I was looking at Taelor and she seems pretty nice for fucking with all the summon spams.
>>
>>55411471
It varies based on what you are running, but there are certainly a few that are worth it. I think Johan is of course a solid choice for condition removal and general hitting. Burt is slippery in all the right ways. Sue can be funny as hell, as you can instakill Huggy with him. Lazarus of course is there to work with constructs, and is sometimes taken with Collodi. The Malifaux Child, being the entire game's generic totem, can be useful depending on what master you use. It is pretty much an autotake with Sonnia.
>>
>>55411471
I imagine that Taelor is perfect against Hamelin. She can use hammerfall to one shot rats and stolen, and immediately put all the other rats and stolen in danger of being one shotted. I honestly like her a lot. My only real gripe is that she doesn't have a way to get three attacks in during her activation via melee expert, flurry, or what have you.
>>
>>55411499
>Lazarus
Pretty sure Lazarus refuses to work with the guild.
>>
>>55411391
Malifaux had a lot of model overreaction and timing stuff going on. I'd honestly compare it to MtG in a lot of ways based on model interaction.

Also cards instead of five makes for a very direct randomizing mechanic.
>>
>>55411957
>what is proof reading
>>
Would you guys say that Emissary+Orochi Conflux is worth it for Asami? I am wondering whether It would be useful over just Shadow Conflux.
>>
>>55412300
I like the Emissary being able to charge in at a 1 but I'd probably still prefer Yu. Being able to reposition your Oni into that bubble is too useful to give up.
>>
>>55412300
Step 1: summon Jorogumo
Step 2: use TCW to give it ancient protectiosn
Step 3: Use emissary to give it flicker +1 and prevent the damage with TCW
Step 4: Use jorogumo to kill things
Step 5: repeat steps 2&3 as needed.
>>
>>55412401
Nice. I didn't even think to use the TCW that way, as I am too used to unpreventable damage. With that Orochi Conflux sounds much more appealing.
>>
>>55411471
Johan is the best 6 cost in the game, outshining all others. This means hes a great model at 7.
Anna Lovelace hits consistently at a distance and shuts down enemy mobility bullshit.
If you have a delivery method Killjoy is a nightmare.
Burt Jebsen.
>>
File: Yokai White.jpg (185KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Yokai White.jpg
185KB, 1024x768px
>>55412401
Seems like a lot of maintenance for a single Jorogumo, when you can summon rapemonkeys easily and cheaply, and they synergise with the rest of the crew better.
>>
>>55414367
Personally i never understood why people summon flicker 2 jorugumo anyway. You summon it, do a 1 action charge then a 0 action attack to get 3 brutal attacks out of it, then it dies so you get a scheme marker.
>>
File: Jorogumo.jpg (210KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jorogumo.jpg
210KB, 1024x768px
>>55414431
Yup.
If you have nothing else to do with that card, or you have a bucketload of markers to feed it, or it's the only card you can summon off, then Jorogumo.
If you need something with min.4, or a 50mm base, or ignoring Armour and H2W, then Jorogumo.

Otherwise, that's a damn 13(?) - you can find better uses for it, and murdermonkeys can probably do the job just fine ifit'sonly going to be a turn or two.
>>
>>55414431
If you want to use Jorogumo as anything other than a glorified smoke marker you're gonna want flicker+3 on him at least. The Ml5 attacks without any +'s aren't worth the 13 it takes to summon them - you're gonna want a lot more turns of them.
>>
File: akaYox7Fk6Y.jpg (174KB, 1264x1500px) Image search: [Google]
akaYox7Fk6Y.jpg
174KB, 1264x1500px
Lena Stutton, Franco Marlow's new secretary.
>>
>>55415151

Where'd that get posted?
>>
>>55416727
4chan
>>
>>55415151
Is Lucius ever going to recover?
>>
>>55415151
And yes, she'll have lure-like and ally replacing actions.
>>
Wild. I'm not sure how I didn't realize Lampads are Enforcers. Don't know that you'd actually want to put an upgrade on one, but...options.
>>
>>55391915
The upside down head on the waldgeist bothers me
>>
>>55417452
Last I looked they were minions.
Probably best that Nico doesn't have access to minions who summon more minions.
>>
Finished reading the new book.

Any ideas for how factions are going to shake out?

McMourning is out of guild. Looks like Zorida is out of Gremlins. Outcasts are getting rebranded it kinda like.
>>
File: c0USjg6.png (612KB, 593x449px) Image search: [Google]
c0USjg6.png
612KB, 593x449px
>>55418130
>>
>>55418184
Zoraida isnt out of gremlins. Remember when she leaves som'er says "she will be mad for a while, but itll be okay". She just wasn't allowed to vote.

Neverborn no longer exist as a faction for sure, that's getting split up into two or more.
Arcanists, Ten Thunders and guild too most likely.
>>
>>55418338
>She just wasn't allowed to vote.
She was kicked out, before they even decided that they were going to use democrazy
>>
>>55418316
Nice. I must have been looking at an old beta
>>
>>55418529
She was kicked out from the meeting, not from the faction. Som'er even uses the fact he is her favorite to encourage people to choose him.
>>
>>55418565
Maybe. Looks like Brewmaster has replaced Zorida as the spiritual heart of the bayou.
>>
>>55418608
What? He always was the spiritual heart of the bayou, he didn't replace shit. Have you never read a gremlin story?
Zoraida is considered the most powerful being in the bayou by the gremlins, not their leader. Read the story again its really obvious she's only kicked out from that one meeting. Are Ulix and Wong out because they didn't attend?
>>
>>55418608
I'm actually really curious about brewmaster. I can't tell if he's actually smart or is just not completely stupid. Wesley is definitely smart since he is literature
>>
>>55418654
Ulix doesn't care about politics and is a rancher through and through. I think Wong is fucking about with his magic stuff since the swine cursed are failures
>>
>>55418654
Zipp did storm off in a huff. I could see him joining the new settlement.
>>
>>55418669
Brewmaster is a tactical genius by gremlin standards. As far as we know the current list of "smartest gremlins" goes like this
1. Big Brain Brin
2. Ulix
3. Ophelia
4. Brewmaster
5. Wesley
Though according to this new story Wesley may be the best at counting, intelligence has more to it than that.
>>
I'm really wanting one more Master but I was hoping to get them without the box. Which would be better as TT, Misaki or McCabe?
>>
>>55418701
>. Big Brain Brin
I wish I liked his stats more.
>>
>>55418839
He can reactivate rooster riders or i guess a bayou gremlin for emergency scheming, fuck up enemy triggers, fuck up enemy schemes and helps to punish wp targeting attacks which are present in almost all crews these days even if they aren't in huge numbers. Seriously if he was in guild or something people would drool over him.
>>
>>55418884
I think o night just or spoiled by Burt and Francois being the same point level.

Might be fun with Somer. Between him Somer and skeeters you should be about to blanket the field in no triggers allowed
>>
>>55418922
A lot of beaters rely on triggers (built in crit strikes, extra attacks, ignoring armor etc) but so do a lot of support models. That could prove pretty brutal. A Gremlin Crier can turn his discard to block triggers into card cycling too but I'm not sure that's the best way to fix the card troubles.
>>
>>55418922
>I think o night just or
I really need to stop using swipe to text.
>>
>>55418823
Without the box? Eh.... McCabe? The henchmen in the boxes are actually pretty decent though.
>>
File: Showgirl Tightrope walkers.jpg (702KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Showgirl Tightrope walkers.jpg
702KB, 1000x1250px
>>55418823
>Without the box
But... why?
It's a box of models fitted to teh Master, and usually includes an Henchman suited to them too.

>>55419128
Filthy phone-poster.
>>
>>55418823
Mccabe is just generally a better master all round than misaki.
That said Misaki unlike Mccabe doesn't care too much about her totem so is probably an easier master to use completely boxless.
>>
>>55418338
10T seems like the most cohesive faction at the moment, actually. Is there anyone who isn't with Misaki?
>>
>>55418884
I think denial gremlins just don't work well and don't appeal to me. Gremlins are great because of their fast frontloaded activation rush and playing the denial long game seems like a losing bet.
>>
>>55420342
He's 7 stones for one of the best denials in the game you don't take him to take a pure denial strategy (maybe you do in some zipp or zoraida crew i dont know) you take him to get denial on top of a fast brutal crew. His reactivate being only for bayou grems and roosters suggests hes intended to be used with a more aggressive list.
>>
>>55420294
>10T seems like the most cohesive faction at the moment
A significant number if their best matters are only there because blackmail. (McCabe and Lynch) McCabe undoes thier work to save Lucius in the guild story.

I know Brewmaster has expressed n thoughts about jumping ship too. It's more cohesive than say arcanists, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>55420675
McCabe saved Lucius for Misaki by doing that, didn't he?
>>
I am sorta struggling against Gremlins atm. Played Rasputina against Som'er Teeth Jones the other day and while I did make some mistakes, I still feel like it's a struggle. Is it just a bad matchup or do I just don't get how to play against 10+ models with reckless?
>>
>>55420945
Gonna need more info. You need some willpower duels or fast stuff in general against gremlins
>>
>>55420945
Somer is a monster.
A lot depends on what the rest of his kids is like.

Slop haulers should be your number one priority.
>>
>>55421087

Speaking of, I'm curious how Who Do You Think I Am Seamus will handle Gremlins with his horror duels
>>
>>55418823
Misaki as you can lie without Shang and the rest. If you just got McCabe you would miss out on his awesome totem and his dismounted form.
>>
>>55420675
It has been that way since those masters were introduced. And the Never born split doesn't make sense either, as especially with this book it is Nephilim vs. Nephilim. A lot of the Neverborn have hated each other since the game started. The only real faction break off would be Doug, who may return to Ressers only unless they rationalize things.
>>
>>55420945
Its a tough matchup to be sure but your sub sero should help prevent enemies taking 3 attacks against you.

Snow storm can blast, is resistant to shooty bullshit from gremlins and can eat them to heal if they get too close. He is expensive but he is probably ideal for fighting so many small models like in a somer crew. The Razorspine rattler if you have it would let you engage gremlins to stop them shooting or moving and its terrifying living will come up a lot.
Remember your totem can devour most gremlins and if you bring or summon the ice golem that can toss them.
>>
>>55421181
Gremlins get wrecked by horror duels and would shit in general, unless the very specificly tool against it.

Low wp across the board and large crew sizes mean that you'll run out hand fast.
>>
>>55421245
Consider this about doug, the only witness to his crimes was a blind lady who in the very near future is probably going to die to nicodem.
>>
>>55421307
Fair enough. I imagine that they wouldn't want to shaft Guild McMorning players, especially with all the fun options he got this wave.
>>
>>55420787
Was it? I always skip the TT stuff cause it's pretty much universally garbage.
>>
>>55421307
>die to nicodem.
I'm home that undead Lady J or undead Lilith become Resser options.

Tara should be straight outcast, to be honest.
>>
>>55421324
Honestly when i was first told about it i didn't believe it for that very reason, but reading the story they try to force this hamfisted "doug chooses to not be part of guild any more" thing. The guy never had moral problems about his nature before why the fuck did they decide suddenly he had to be "an innocent pathologist" to stay in guild? Lady J is on bad terms with franco marlow and douglas has lucius' protection.
>>55421348
Nah, Tara is undead herself and commands a powerful necromancer, she even attended the ressurectionist's ball! I don't know about letting Lillith into ressurs but letting Hayreddin into neverborn because now Lillith has no reason to keep him out would be funny.
>>
>>55421391
Tara gets her juju from a tyrant not the grave spirit though. I honestly feel like Levi fits better than she does.
>>
>>55421426
Yes but she still has ties to the ressur community and its by the power of the grave spirit she is walking around. Karina may serve obliteration (loosely i use the term serve, she just saw the guy once and went nuts she probably doesn't remember who he is) but her power is drawn from the grave spirit. Because of this Tara actually has close personal ties and working relationships with a lot of ressurs. Ressurs aren't all about the grave spirit, they are actually a cohesive faction as well, though sort of divided into the molly and the nico camps at the moment.
>>
>>55421391
He was forced into one or the other because there was no way for him to have both at that point. Either the grave spirit gets completely sealed and necromancy goes away or doug betrays the guild right in front of the person in charge of fighting resserecionists.
>>
>>55421279
My crew was:
Raspy (Shattered Mirror, Cold Nights)
Essence of Power (should definitely have been the Wendigo, biggest mistake by far)
Snow Storm
Cassandra (Practiced Productions, thought was to understudy Snow Storm's Ice Tornado)
Ice Gamin
2x Ice Dancer
December Acolyte

His crew was not optimal either I think, but had the critical components. Strategy was Headhunter and Schemes were pretty difficult for me, we both ended up with Leave your Mark and Undercover Entourage. Should have picked Claim Jump instead of UE.

I have access to Colette and Ironsides, but I am not sure either is better really. I guess I am struggling to go up against almost double the amount of APs, even though they mostly (Dumb Luck tho) are of lower quality.

To recap my experience:
Ice Dancers were super solid. Cassandra got shot by Rami first turn and then I made a positioning error and got her charged by Francois which killed her easily. Snow Storm did what he does, didn't get to throw out a lot of Ice Tornado because I was afraid of getting him shot by Rami - which in hindsight is kinda stupid, especially considering I could have blocked with an additional set of Ice Pillars if I had the Wendigo and given him some more Armor with Raspy if need be.
>>
>>55421426
Levis thing isn't necromancy, he wouldn't be that hurt by the grave spirit going away
>>
>>55421536
Bullshit. A complex magical ritual was going on in front of him Lady J and the death marshals were clearly having second thoughts about it wouldn't have been hard for him to convince them the ritual was doing something bad (we don't actually know that it wasn't) or to corrupt the ritual in a way other than to just run around on a stabbing spree.
>>
>>55422847
If he was particular persuasive (he's not) or particularly competent (he's not)

Also it's a bit late at the point where there's an army of the undead trying to attack the ritual.
>Excuse me Mrs. Justice, I know you're fighting for your life, but do you have a moment to talk about the ritual?
>>
>>55422908
I imagine that he will be brought back into the faction through some bureaucratic nonsense, and Lady Justice will develop more of a straightforward rivalry with him.
>>
>>55423778
I'd be interested to see how they did it.
I'm wondering where Sebastian was the whole time.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.