[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death with Complex Chargen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: 2 cover 2.jpg (378KB, 898x1181px) Image search: [Google]
2 cover 2.jpg
378KB, 898x1181px
Am I the only one wary of killing my players when playing systems where characte generation takes ages? I'd like combat to be
>can you survive this threat
instead of
>how will you survive combat with this threat
but if death is a real option, and even TPK being possible if they aren't playing well, I feel like that relies on character generation being light, fast, or at least elegant. If you know the system really well it's not an issue of course, but I don't generally play a single system for a ton of time so that isn't the case. Of course you can have other things happening on a failure than everyone dying, but it's not as impactful. Do I ignore this and just kill the motherfuckers if they're stupid?
>>
>>55334141
Being convinced that your goal is to kill the player party is only acceptable if you're playing a very quick premade. Use the risk of death as stakes to get your players motivated, but let them die as a result of their mistakes and give them a chance to get characters back if they die via super shitty rolls.
>>
File: 1471647409174.jpg (114KB, 488x736px) Image search: [Google]
1471647409174.jpg
114KB, 488x736px
>>55334171
Thanks. I think I've been using decent possibility of death/defeat as an excuse for not knowing the system well enough to balance encounters. Had a fight where they got absolutely raped since they were surprised in the middle of night, and haven't played in months so I've had too much time to mull over it.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.