[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In too deep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: TT_dropping_character.gif (993KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
TT_dropping_character.gif
993KB, 500x200px
Do you guys have any stories of how a person in your RP-group was too much of a method actor or just overly invested in the story?
Or alternatively, how much is too much of an investment?

I was spurred to make this thread since I just talked to a friend of mine who told me that he was legit broken up for a few weeks about a shitty thing that his character accidentally did.
>>
>>55332556
Ran a game of Anima once, using the premade module as a foundation. Players interacted heavily with a random blacksmith I ended up naming; very helpful chap. My girlfriend was one of the players, and spearheaded the information collection, returning to speak with the smith multiple times since most of the town wouldn't tell them anything. There was of course a villain controlling the town who killed the smith for unwittingly giving away info. When she found out, my girlfriend blamed herself for his death, despite both in and out of character having no way at the time to know that might happen. After that session, she cried about it. Apparently she gets very attached to characters and is very much not a fan of character deaths.

Which is a shame because I love killing off characters for dramatic effect
>>
>>55332556
I was new to uni, joined the RPG club and attended the first week where they ran a freeform live action thing for new and old members.
I was a spaghetti-spilling idiot and there was this cute girl.
Long story short she was just a way better roleplayer than I was and was just roleplaying her character's infatuation with mine. Luckily I was too much of a beta (omega?) to make an idiot out of myself, but it weirded me out.
>>
File: 1504508115366.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1504508115366.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>55333043
>>
>>55332556

Yeah, I had a player who literally fell in love with an NPC. When I introduced her fiancee, shit got weird.
>>
>>55335232
fuckin elaborate
>>
>>55335232
Tell me more.
>>
>>55332556
Your friend sounds like a faggot
>>
>>55335232
>>55338079
>>55338123
I am also interested. Storytime?
>>
File: Wizard_kingdoms.jpg (639KB, 1852x2067px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard_kingdoms.jpg
639KB, 1852x2067px
>>55335232
Speak now, or forever be silent.
>>
File: omg.jpg (17KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
omg.jpg
17KB, 320x180px
>>55338233
pls
>>
>>55332671
> love killing off characters for dramatic effect
Keep doing it. It will lose the effect on her. Its the main reason people don't put family members into their backstories.

>>55332556
When people get into a role OP they are really enjoying it. I would rather play with one of these guys then the ones who play on their phone, metagame or just act like themselfs no matter what they are playing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.