[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what were the Blue Wizards up to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Unfinished_Tales_PB.jpg (125KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
Unfinished_Tales_PB.jpg
125KB, 800x439px
So what were the Blue Wizards up to?
>>
>>55325222
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
>>
>>55325222
Going on wild adventures all around the world and being bros
>>
>>55325222

Holding back the hordes of the Middle Earth equivalents of Russia, China, and India and fucking up the plans of the other eight ringwraiths.
>>
>>55325222
There was a thread on RPGforums that was people taking the core ideas of LotR and taking it in a different direction.

One of my favorites was the idea that Middle Earth was simply the Western front of a far larger conflict, and that the Blue Wizards served the role that Gandalf did, in guiding the Peoples of the East in their struggle against the Dark Lord.

Something of a fantasy India and China fighting against the dark hordes, with oriental Dragons that are more neutral than evil and politicking between the kingdoms there.
>>
>>55325222
They were encountering tengu, catgirls, and kitsune.
>>
>>55325899
>>55327348
>>55329202
Did Tolkein ever say anything about their being an "East" in Lord of the Rings?
>>
>>55329226
Yeah. That's where those elephants and all of Mordor's food is from. Apparently Mordor has good trade relations with the nation to the east of them.
>>
>>55325222
Tolkien never provided a "definitive" answer. He had a number of personal speculative essays on the subject, but as far as I know, never really settled on any one setup as what would work best.

The two most common themes he goes into, which you can see in Unfinished Tales's section: The Istari, are either

>They went east, fell away from their mission, and are the source of many strange religious practices to be found out there.

>They went east, and stirred up enough shit that Sauron could never completely control the groups of Men over there and didn't send the entire fucking world at Gondor.
>>
>>55329278
The elephants came from the south, not the east. Easterlings came from, no surprise hear, the east. They also allied with Sauron.

In the movies (I don't remember the book, been too long), when Frodo and Sam fell down the hill overlooking the Black Gate, it was an Easterling army that was passing.
>>
Givin blowies.
>>
>>55325222
Having a great time in not!Japan
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.