[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a master cleric feed the entire poor population of a village?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Could a master cleric feed the entire poor population of a village?
>>
Adult human can weight close to 100 kilos.
About 80% of that can be processed.
Standard food serving of meat is like 0.25 kilo.
And village population could be around 300.
Conclusion: yes.
>>
>>55325021
Yes, definitely, especially at historical levels of calorie consumption per day. Part of the reason that adult humans need so many calories per day in modern times is because we ate so well as children and grew up to be large. If humans stay small their calorie needs are significantly lowered.
>>
>>55325021
I mean, it depends? Create Food and Water is a level 3 spell that can sustain 15 humanoids for a day. Alternatively, there's also goodberry, a level 1 druid spell, that can sustain 10.
If a level 17 cleric spends all of his spell slots exclusively on creating food, he can cast it 12 times, which feeds 180 people. That sounds like a village worth of people to me.
However, a level 17 cleric probably has better things to do than feeding peasants.
>>
>>55325244
>However, a level 17 cleric probably has better things to do than feeding peasants.
Why?

Adventurers wanting to pillage the resident evil warlock fortress will deal with him anyway. Meanwhile those 180 peasants will starve.
>>
>>55325135
Cheeky.
>>
>>55325021
If he has money to pay for the food, sure.

What, are you expecting him to run a farm or something?
>>
>>55326268
Clerics can conjure food once per day. See: >>55325244
>>
>>55326301
What system?
>>
>>55326350
DnD 5e.
>>
I suspect that this falls under the purview of Miracle, and so we can conclude that yes it is within the power the cleric has access to.
>>
>>55325385
>Adventurers wanting to pillage the resident evil warlock fortress will deal with him anyway. Meanwhile those 180 peasants will starve.

If those 180 peasants were waiting on a 17th level caster to show up and expend all his spell slots every single day in order for them to survive, then they were already fucked.
>>
>>55325021
Sure, bbq or with sauce. Feed them to whom is my question?
>>
>>55326374
In 5e I am fairly sure you can cast Create Food and Water as many times as you're able. The food and water spoils after a day but I don't think it says you can't make more.

Not that it matters, as a Druid casting Plant Growth once a year can easily outpace the Cleric for a fraction of the effort.

Consider:
- Plant Growth doubles production for all plants in a half-mile radius for an *entire year*.
- Google indecisively says a single person needs at least 1 acre of farmland to survive and at most 1 hectare (2.5~ acres). I'll use the larger value for safety.
- 1 square mile is 260~ hectares, and a "half-mile radius" is apparently about 80% of that area (assuming I did the maths right), so 205~ hectares.
- That means a single cast of Plant Growth can sustain 205~ people.
- Nothing is stopping the Druid from walking a mile down the road and casting Plant Growth again the next day.
- If he does this every day for a week, he can keep 1435~ people fed for a whole year.

Assuming the villagers aren't immediately starving and nothing stops them from farming the land, they'll never go hungry again.
>>
>>55327732
>That means a single cast of Plant Growth can sustain 205~ people.

A normal hectare can support 205 ppl, double the growth should be 410.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.