[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War 2.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: card game.png (618KB, 1905x2538px) Image search: [Google]
card game.png
618KB, 1905x2538px
Rate my card game m8s.

How can I improve it?
>>
>>55323573
Be a bit more clear and explicit about the rules.
I'm certain the player who does not go first does also get some cards at some point, but when and how much and other stuff is not explained.
And I think you probably draw a card each round. But I also could see the game being played with only the initial cards, maybe. So which is it?
>>
>>55324312
Right, so like just clarifying things like:
>at the end of their turn players draw 1 card
>played number cards and dethroned face cards are discarded
?

Do you think I should add an option for playing no cards during your turn?

Should I make a hard hand size limit like players draw at the end of their turn until they have 5 cards?
>>
>>55324645
Mostly, yeah.

>Should I make a hard hand size limit like players draw at the end of their turn until they have 5 cards?
Yeah. Most games seem to do limit + discard what's over limit. I like limit + don't draw into oversize.
Can't give much advice beyond that, since I have no experience in designing and balancing shit.
>>
>>55324803
Thanks

>I have no experience in designing and balancing shit.
me either, I'm really just playing around with ways to use a regular deck of cards as a TCG style battle game. It'll obviously take some testplay to see if it's balanced.

For instance I have no idea what happens with whoever draws a King turn one. I should probably incorporate a rule where players can mitigate attack's to their monsters by discarding another facecard or something just to prevent steamrolling.
>>
>>55325145
Well, couldn't you mitigate for an early King with some Red cards to "heal" up? I mean, sure, the enemy could counter them, but he'd have to have amatching card, and he has one card less that could be a match, because he drew a face card, the king.
Anyways. I'm off to bed. Good luck man. I like the idea so far.
>>
>>55325316
the way I figure, whoever draws a king first dominates the field forcing the opponent to burn through reds until they draw their own king. Assuming a bad shuffle the opponent might burn all their cards before they draw one of their two kings, and playing a lower value face first would just be a waste...

But I guess it would block an attack...

The best scenario for a player I guess would be to draw a king and Queen in their first hand, that way they could clear the opponents field every subsequent turn while chipping for damage.

Though an equally useful first hand would be drawing into a large number of 8-10 blacks when your opponent only has lower numbers. Then just destroy their "Wealth" over the course of 3 turns. In fact I might need to include the option of dumping face cards to cancel any number card.

Anyway, I figure it'll take some playtesting.
>>
>>55325892
>Then just destroy their "Wealth" over the course of 3 turns. In fact I might need to include the option of dumping face cards to cancel any number card.

Oh, or just cumulative dumping! Like, you can cancel an 8 with a 3 and 5...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.