[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when stores fuck up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: idiot.jpg (42KB, 355x450px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
42KB, 355x450px
there are two stores in town that run mtg and the main one ordered all of the new commander decks in japanese as an "accident" but i'm really confused how you order shit from japan on accident
anyways

rant in this thread about your local stores fucking up big time or funny shit that happens
>>
>>55319769
I work at an FLGS. We once had a case of non-English Theros come in because of a DISTRIBUTER error.
Stores essentially order from warehouses that act as a middle man between gaming companies and retailers.
>>
>>55319769
Cards are cards. As long as it's the same price no problem. Enjoy your Japanese basics.
>>
Non-magic player here, but my buddy is a huge MtG fan, and he was telling me all about the economics of these decks.
Are people really hoarding these things?
Totally whacky,
>>
>>55320322
Having to pull up the english versions on your phone for every card will get old fast. It'll slow down the game to a halt

>>55320346
It's because of last year, when there was a massive demand for the product, specifically the Atraxa deck, and WotC didn't reprint.
>>
>>55321191
And yet they've said they're going to reprint these ones.
Idiots.
I wish Atraxa hadn't been so popular. I just wanted to run stupid weird counter bullshit with badcards but could never find the damn thing. Or the one I wanted second most, even.
>>
>>55319769
Did they sell them at normal price?

Japanese product seems to have a huge secondary market price increase, maybe you could flip them.
>>
>>55322387
This.
Rest assured there are retarded weeblords who will gladly pay 3-5x price to play magic in guroriousu nihongo, as kami intended.
>>
>>55322272
>And yet they've said they're going to reprint these ones.
Sure, but investors can still bank on WotC refusing to meet demand.
>>
>>55319769
They didn't order it from japan, they ordered from their distributor.
All product is printed in murrika or Belgium.
>>
>>55322387
>>55324146
Preconstructed products have a lower value in foreign languages, Japanese included.

The reason foreign cards can be far more expensive because of their rarity. Which also means that they have to be foil to be of interest, non-foil Japanese cards are also cheaper than their English counterparts.

So no, he is not going to be able to flip them.

t. nerd who pimps decks with foreign foils
>>
>>55322272
There's not a reprint. There's a small (SMALL) extra supply that WOTC is holding onto. About 1/10th the size of the original shipments.

Even if they did reprint it starting now, it would be like 6-10 months before it was on shelves.

Source: work in a well-connected store.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.