[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caliban Green Spray

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I need some definite answer, after searching around the web for a while and finding a lot of conflicting information.

Can you achieve satisfying results when you spray caliban green directly onto a model that is not primed?

Some people claim it works like a charm, others say that you absolutely need to prime or it won't stick.

Yet another dude claimed that the colored citadel sprays contain the same adhesive that the primers do, and that this was confirmed on reddit in some AMA, which i couldn't find any sources for.

I did some testing by spraying it onto some old sprue i had, and while it seems to stick well if you handle it without force, it does scratch off a lot easier than on my old tac marines, who have been primed before spraying them green. I painted a small amount of a few base colors on top to test it, and they also seem to hold well. But i'm still undecided. Looking for some long term experience here.
>>
>>55316886
I also seem to remember Duncan saying that he sprayed a model with nothing but green in some Video, but can't remember which one
>>
>>55316886
Citadel colored spray are not primer, but they do the trick well enough on plastic models. Partciularly if you seal them with a clearcoat. You will get a more durable finish by spraying a true primer first though. And basically any paintjob will scratch unless it has a thick gloss clearcoat. What you're really looking for is to have it not rub off during handling at all.
>>
Yeah, why wouldn't you? Just mind humidity
>>
>>55316886
Will chemicals from that spray turn you gay?
>>
>>55317259
Not humans, just the frogs.
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Basecoat-Spray-Caliba-Green

>Caliban Green Spray is designed for basecoating all Citadel miniatures. When sprayed over an undercoat, it's a fast way to get a uniform base of colour onto your models.

>over an undercoat
>>
>>55316886
Find the army painter equivalent and then use the normal Caliban green paint over it to get any bits you missed and to get a uniform colour. Shake the can well though, for 2 minutes at least.
>>
>>55316886

Not at all if the model is metal.

It's alright if the model is plastic.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.