[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Risk Legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: risklegacy.jpg (28KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
risklegacy.jpg
28KB, 355x355px
My friend just picked up a copy of this. We currently have 3 players that can commit to playing minimum once a week. Is three players too few? Is five players too many? What are we getting ourselves into as far as commitment? Any advice to make this the best experience possible would be appreciated. General Risk legacy thread I suppose.
>>
I played the first round with five people and we haven't played since because we can't get everyone together.

It was fine, just make sure everybody understands that their starting position is where they place the small cities if they choose that option and where to put stickers on the board (on the black marks).
>>
>>55306042
I like the game a lot. Played it weekly with a group of buddies. My advice would just be aware that it isn't very well balanced and some races are just way better than others (bear people suck ass).

I also spent some extra time to put each sticker on some thick paper with some tac clay so I can take things off when done with that group to be played again fresh.
>>
Funny I thought /tg/ hated "legacy" games.

Anyway any risk game lets you wipe Australia permanently off the map is worth a play.
>>
Risk Legacy is the only version of the game worth playing, IMO, I had a blast completing a game of it with my group.

The weird thing about Risk Legacy is that you can kind of make it unbalanced. We had one player who used their progression and victory rewards to basically make Europe into a super powerful continent that they had massive advantages starting in and holding onto.

But it actually became part of the fun, everyone else ganging up on the european empire and trying to bring them down. They still won overall, but it was a great fight.
>>
Played it twice.
Like it very much if you play with people who know how to have fun.

Renamed Madagascar, "Fried Chicken Island", Placed a radioactive marker on Japan.

China was Sweat Shop.

Second time I was pissed however because when we opened the secret package that was suppose to contain the zombies, the aliens we're inside instead. Factory mixed up or whatever.

Suprise was kinda ruin for the 4 new players I was playing with.

But yeah. Have fun. Don't take it seriously. It's not balance and it won't get better.

Don't forget to switch races every game. Don't take the same one every game.
>>
>>55306042
Our group was 3, and I rather dislike it. It becomes "team up against whoever's in the lead, the winner is whoever's the best at feigning weakness or comboing powers to become insanely op".
4 is better, as you can wind up with an actual free for all or 2 v 2.
5 is best, as it involves asymmetry and betrayal in a way that isn't one player against everyone else.
Also, I believe 5 will balance the unlocks a little bit better so that people can't string them together as easily, iirc.
>>
>>55312564
Anon are you having a stroke?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.