[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the actual fuck is the Blood Magic chapter in this book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 211043.jpg (129KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
211043.jpg
129KB, 880x1100px
What the actual fuck is the Blood Magic chapter in this book? Suddenly it's okay and we were wrong about it the whole time?

Is it a zeitgeist thing to make Aztlan/Mexico look sympathetic? If so, are we going to get a "le orange Drumpf" dragon? Not trying to bring /pol/ into this, just exploring the idea.
>>
>Suddenly it's okay and we were wrong about it the whole time?

In Earthdawn blood magic was something everybody dabbled in if I am not mistaken.
>>
>>55305582
>Blood magic
>Not evil

Wut

Is that actually in the book?

Also

>Financially supporting that company
>>
>>55305744
Literally googling "forbidden arcana PDF" gets you a copy on the first page of results.

And yes, it is.
>>
>>55305582
No, it's most of the current writers not being required to read or know anything about the setting. They probably saw their magic book sold the most so they made another magic book.
>>55305716
Not exactly.
Blood magic can be separated in Earthdawn into being Death Magic (uses the life force of someone else to power the spell) or Life Magic (uses the life force of yourself and ONLY yourself to cast the spell), and that's not really what anything in that book is about.
Mostly that book is about nonsense that breaks long-held setting rules so that stupid rubes actually pay that shyster company money.
>>
>>55305796
Thanks whole book is kinda dumb, except for expanding on some of the traditions.

Also, the only CGL product I've actually bought is the GM screen because I collect them. I hate this company. Occasionally a gem comes out of it but honestly I ignore a lot of the lore they've inserted.
>>
It did some good stuff with alchemy, at least.

I saw the blood magic chapter as for just the GM, not players.
>>
>>55305796
>that's not really what anything in that book is about.
They literally break down the difference between death and life magic. Nice try.
>>
Probably, Randall is a huge SJW and LITERALLY lets other men fuck his wife
>>
CGL is an unethical company that embezzles money from fans and staff. Do not give them any money.
>>
>>55306055
I enjoyed much of early 4e lore, but that shit quickly fell apart.
I'd rather the Germans get ahold of the setting forever and we be forced to import and translate their work rather then let CGL stick their dick in it for one more minute.
>>
>>55307398
Wasn't that just the one guy?
Does he still work for them?
>>
>>55307253
>cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck

please go back to /pol/ if you're just going to burble like a child.
>>
>>55307561
One of the owners did it and he didn't lose his shares or go to court.
>>
>>55307580
No, like, he literally does.

You cuck.
>>
>>55307580
It's not /pol/, it's fact. He lets Tara get fucked by other men.
>>
>>55305582
Another reason to not play 5e? And here I thought they'd already given me enough!
>>
>>55305582
>Not trying to bring /pol/ into this
You're not trying very hard then.
>>
>>55305582
Magicrun is unapologetically front and center and here to stay. It's shit but that's what you get when shitheads run the ship.
>>
>>55305582
>>we were wrong about it the whole time?

Yeah but that happens any the time there is a "dark side" to something in, it's supposed to be for baddies only but attracts apologists and edgemasters. It's the same with all fictional universes.

The Grey Jedi are practice the norm in Star Wars now, dark elfs are all heroic rebels. Hell 40K it's probably the only setting anymore that doesn't include Chaotic good guys, and that's only by virtue of not really having any good guys to begin with.
>>
>>55305582
Dunk used blood magic to kill himself & halt the horrors. It's evilbad magic that 99% will stain your soul, but certain ablication or variations can be used to affect good outcomes
>>
>>55307580

It's not an insult. He is in fact a cuckold, as in he lets other men sleep with his wife. That's the definition of the term.
>>
>>55307446
Remember, your equipment functions better if you turn the wifi on, because hackers needed hack your shoes for reasons
>>
>>55312291
I thought cuckhold was a man who's wife was unfaithful without him knowing

What you're describing is just a rank bitch
>>
>>55312436
Damn son you're retarded
>>
>>55309685
Well, there was that one that wanted to do a tech book. But it claimed to be a girl and posted here so we got her fired.
>>
>>55305796
>Life Magic

That’s what I assumed the book was about.
>>
>>55312436
>I thought cuckhold was a man who's wife was unfaithful without him knowing
It is. 4chan has perverted the term to the point that it basically means whatever one wants it to mean at any given time and is thus meaningless.

>>55312879
pot, kettle, nigger
>>
>>55310439
>Hell 40K it's probably the only setting anymore that doesn't include Chaotic good guys

Radical Inquisitors

>>55315600
LittleMac isn't fired. For one thing, she's a freelancer working on contract; when they want her on another book, they'll give her the contract, just like they have before. For another, she wrote her section of the Technomancer/AI book and submitted it months ago. It's Hardy being a little bitch and not doing his job as editor and line manager to get the rest of the book together.
>>
>>55305582
Wait a minute
>Dunkelzahn made America magical again
>Dunkelzahn
>Dunkel
>Drunkle
>Drumpf
>Trump

Holy shit, Shadowrun already had its Trump.
>>
>>55320436
You really wanted that joke.

I mean, you fucking REACHED for it.
>>
>>55307580
>>55309546
>Muh /pol/ boogeyman
Holy shit, does /tg/ seriously need a scapegoat at all times? First it was normies, then it was SJWs, and now it's /pol/.

Get over yourselves, you derail threads more often then the /pol/-tards you so dread.
>>
>>55312436
>>55316586 is wrong. There was a fetish built around cuckoldry the fetish of literally watching another man fuck your wife long before it became a buzzword.
>>
>>55320453
Yeah...
>>
>>55320488
Let's face it, 'CGL-era Shadowrun isn't very good' is not a particularly promising thread premise to begin with.
>>
File: Derail.png (218KB, 1022x700px) Image search: [Google]
Derail.png
218KB, 1022x700px
>>55320488
I wonder when threads started a need to stay on the rails
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.