[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gambling RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (2KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 262x193px
How do you do a gambling based RPG?
some thing like poker or mahjong but with the DM selecting what card/tile to give for maximum Kaijiness?
Where cheating isn't the result of only throwing dice but of carefully planned hoax?

GURPS?
I mean, it usually is the answer
>>
What do you mean gambling based? Gambling as the game mechanics, or gambling as an activity in-game.

Because if it's in-game, just gamble in real life as your characters.
>>
>>55303937
In game.
But with a master who fucks around with probability. any idea on how to apply it?
>>
>>55304733
Suppose it kind of depends on what sort of gambles you're thinking.
If it's 1-on-1 with a cheating DM, you can have him roll more dice than needed, if it's a dice game, and keep favourable results. Say the game has you roll 2 dice, the DM can roll 3 or 4 behind the screen and choose which results he wants. Alternatively, he could just set a dice on whatever number he wants behind the screen and pretend to roll so when he lifts the screen you see what result would normally come from fudging dice.

If it's a game with multiple people like a sort of free-for-all, say a poker game with 3 players, let the player be able to pass notes to the DM before every hand, or make alliegances. Then the DM could have an extra deck of cards from which he pulls out high value cards to 'deal' to the players that have his favour.

The important thing, I think, is that everything is done in secret. Let's say you roll behind some cover and the DM rolls behind cover. Even though the DM is allowed to cheat, he won't always know if he needs to because he doesn't know what you roll.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.