[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Downtime activities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dot dot dot.png (262KB, 809x950px) Image search: [Google]
dot dot dot.png
262KB, 809x950px
Imagine you're a member of a 'problem-solver guild' (i.e. mercenaries) in a big city. What does your character do during downtime?

Bonus points if it's working towards a long-term goal!
>>
>>55302473
Whores
>>
Between jobs? Train, probably.
Ask the DM about how much time I'd need to devote to increase my accuracy of attacks or my damage. Practice in my free time and keep track of how much time I spent practicing.

If the DM won't allow bonuses for lots of training, then maybe learning new skills. Or new languages. Maybe trying to socialize and make new friends in the city. That way the DM could increase the rate of jobs or quality of jobs by having it be known that we're getting contracts from people we met at parties or balls.

If there's a living quarters we own, maybe see about improving that?

Could always seek out traders and see if cool shit comes around, never know when someone rolls up with +1 weapons.

If I'm a spellcaster I'll spend cash and time on learning new spells and such.
>>
Take smaller jobs on the side, clean and prep gear, hit on maidens?
>>
Solving ghost problems. Goons that i kill come to me in the dreams. Sometimes they wish to take care of their families. Sometimes to get drunknwhores so spirit can finaly have fun. Its a small miniquest we do beyween sessions as i live with gm together.
>>
>>55302473
slice of life antics
>>
>>55302473
I recognise that furry artist's work.
>>
Manage a host of reptiles.
>>
File: 400_battlecleric3[1].jpg (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
400_battlecleric3[1].jpg
61KB, 300x300px
>>55302473

Frederick usually wakes up pretty early (insomnia develops pretty reliably in older humans) and pokes around whatever town he's visiting. He tries to find out where the local militia/army/guard/whatever trains and watches the greener fighters practice and spar. If his presence is welcome, he'll usually spar with and gives tips to them, and discretely bless the weaker/less competent fighters so they won't bite the dust during dangerous fights.

Later in the day, after making contact with the local churches/religious groups, he helps out the local clergy with any public works they need help with or usual ditoes. This usually saps whatever spells he had prepared for the day.

Any extra time leftover from this before supper is spent meditating, preparing travel lunches, repairing weapons and armor, and prayer.

Supper usually consists of him holing up in whatever could be considered the most "comfy" tavern, eating large servings of soup and ale, and sharing stories with travelers. He finds quiet taverns off-putting and enjoys rubbing elbows with denizens from all over.

Finally, near nightime he continues his usual work of attempting to seek out some method of reaching the Nine Hells and by extension the Fugue Plane. He hopes that his otherwise pious lifestyle offsets this unscrupulous endeavor.
>>
>>55302589
This. Realistically it's what all mercenaries do

Whores, food,.fancy cloths, new kit for stabbing fuckers

There were literally sumptuary laws preventing them from doing much else with it
>>
>>55302473
Train, drink, fuck, embroidery.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.