[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Competitive Modern Genera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 37

File: crypticcommand.jpg (31KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
crypticcommand.jpg
31KB, 265x370px
Iconic masters reprints edition
What iconic masters reprints for modern are you still waiting on? Will you be pimping out any deck in particular?

Playing, Hating, all that stuff

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
>>55300429
I like so much this new art. I'm the only one?
>>
Is that a swastika?
>>
How do I into modern?

What's a reasonable compromise between the extremes of "netdeck the latest PT winner" and "build something out of the cards I have lying around"?

How do I "learn" the format? The staple cards, deck archetypes etc. I imagine a big part of it is simply learning which cards mandatory if you run their colors/which cards are the go-to for a given effect?
>>
>>55300731
Go to a store and get your freebie garbage decks, play on magic night, learn the local meta
Spend a fortune on cards because you're a dumbass playing a CCG
Don't netdick like a faggot. Look through your cards, pick an idea that sounds fun, and run it through the grinder.
Learn from how your opponents play, pay attention to the stuff that gets spit out of their deck to ruin you, pay attention to when and where your deck fucks you over, and adjust it for the next night. Repeat until you have a well oiled rape machine, then keep it up to make sure the Fuckmaster 5000 is well lubricated at all times.
>>
>>55300731
The way in that I see the most is burn. Run a monored budget version, get used to the decks you see, and don't worry about not winning any games. Then you have some choices, either build one of the decks you see that you like the playstyle or upgrade your burn to something competitive. Alternately, you could also just watch youtube and twitch until you have a good idea what's going on. A workable budget burn looks like this:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-67-13-tix-modern-mono-red-burn
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
132KB, 223x311px
>>55300731
>>55301194
big boy burn looks like this.

http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=16770&d=303711&f=MO

That costs about $700. It's really quite good, but it does run into some bad matchups occasionally. If you want something that's good in the meta right now, and don't mind dropping a little more cash, I would recommend Grixis Death's Shadow, Eldratron or Titanshift. However, since these are the top tier decks and are good in the meta right now, you will run into top tier problems. Expensive, everyone and their brother plays them, mirror matches, people sideboard heavily against them, etc.

When you reach god tier is when you are ahead of trends in the meta, beat all the top tier decks with a homebrew, and your list becomes the norm that people imitate. However, frighteningly few players are at this level of godliness (I'm not either, I'm a shameless netdecker with some tweaks for spice)
>>
>>55300731
Another way in would be mtgo, magic workstation, cockatrice, apprentice or another magic online program. That burn deck I showed is very cheap on mtgo, which is a paid program. There are a multitude of free and good online magic programs that would suit you well, mtgo is maybe preferred because people won't just leave your games because you start playing slow. But all of them have a somewhat sharp learning curve, and if you time out on mtgo you lose, so it can be a bit nerve wracking at first.

As for staples, you can get a pretty good idea by looking at decklists on mtgtop8.com or mtggoldfish. Generally I'd say a lot of players run thoughtseize and inquisition of kozilek, lightning bolt, path to exile, serum visions and other cantrip spells, abrupt decay, fatal push, fetchlands and shocks, tarmogoyf, kitchen finks.

But many cards are particular to their deck, for example the cards you see in living end decks and ad nauseum decks don't show up anywhere else. So format staples exist, but a lot of decks have their unique cards that aren't universal at all.
>>
File: hegonclose.png (417KB, 1816x556px) Image search: [Google]
hegonclose.png
417KB, 1816x556px
>tfw you sell cards to the struggling LGS down the street for rent money, 5 days ago
>Give guy a decent deal on some edh staples, sell my flusterstorm for 65(it was selling for 95)
>Figure he could make a decent bit off it
>today
>pic related

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: IMG_0130.png (2MB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0130.png
2MB, 800x1100px
I know this is a little off topic
But in Magic Origins (it's the set that got me hooked) I pulled these two planeswalker ad cards from boosters. Thought they where nifty as I had yet to find out any of the lore.

Anyway I've been trying to find out if there was anymore of these printed in Origins. Which I'm guessing would have Chandra, Nissa, and my favorite Jace on them.

Would have posted to /r/ but they've seen better days
>>
>>55301479
Can't link you to the exact page because this website is a piece of shit, but www.abugames.com/shop.cgi go the to 'Tips & Tricks Cards' section and Magic Origins starts on page 38. Got no idea if that's all of them because there isn't a consistent amount of them per set, but there's a lot of them.
>>
>>55301285
>>55301239
>>55301194
>>55300777
Thanks my friends. is watching e.g. SCG's channel good? https://www.youtube.com/user/starcitygamesvideo/videos

Saw a vid from SCG of a guy playing a WUB control in MTGO and commenting on what he did/played/etc. Is that kinda stuff good to watch?
>>
What were the odds of pulling a foil Tarmogoyf from a MM15 box? Did I use all my reserve of luck?
>>
I'm in Black/Red, do I have any relevant 2 drops that hurt my opponents hand?
>>
>>55301841
Bob. Having more cards than your opponent is basically the same thing.
>>
>>55301870
Straight up no.
>>
>>55301870
Not really, it's $10 a pack
>>
will iconic masters make any decks affordable enough to buy? and when i say affordable i mean like ~$300

this time without the quote
>>
>>55301841
Wrench mind, collective brutality
>>
>>55301862
No it's not, bob doesn't stop combos
>>
>>55301894
Titan shift maybe?
>>
>>55301894
No, these reprints do not matter for modern prices.
>>
>>55302244
Scapeshift is the main cost in that deck, so unless they see a reprint soon then it's unlikely
>>
>>55301479
>>55301536
Holy lord. They used to have cards that have hints on them? Theres even some in there that show basic combos to (took me ages to get something like that going). Anyway thanks a bunch man. I've been looking for YEARS (okay maybe a little longer then a year) countless people on Amazon and Ebay pestered. Still and such a fast response. Thank you
>>
is merfolk a decent deck in modern? ive been wanting to get into the format for a while now and always liked merfolk. i figured since aether vile is about to be reprinted now is my chance since a play set of that was basically stopping me from pulling the trigger
>>
Madcap moon and ponza are two of my favourite decks, is there any other good decks that fuck with people's mana?
>>
>>55302559
It's doing poorly right now, each victory is very hard gained but may change post ixalan, there's quite a few interesting cards that may change the deck around quite a bit.
>>
>>55302559
It's a tier 2 deck. The current meta isn't very favorable to ir though
>>
>>55301239
>no firewalker
>only 8 fetches
>20 lands
>wasting sideslots for lavamancer instead of running 1 main
>4 fastlands
Nope.
>>
>>55302275
It's already brought prices of flusterstorm down $40>>55301381
>>
>>55300546

Its pretty good, better than original I think.
>>
>>55301381
Now you know why those 'bloodsucking' LGSes always tried to 'jew' you.
>>
>>55302819
>No, these reprints do not matter for modern prices.
>>
>>55300429

Is there anything they're thinking about banning from Gifts Storm? I just lost turn 3 twice to storm yesterday, even through me killing their Baral. Seems kind of busted.
>>
Retard newplayer jumping ship from Yugioh as Konami kills it once and for all.

Anybody able to suggest a low budget deck for me to get started with
>>
>>55303459

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/decks/budget/modern#paper
>>
>>55303457
literally git gud
>>
File: geist_of_saint_traft[1].jpg (35KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
geist_of_saint_traft[1].jpg
35KB, 251x356px
Looking to pick up a playset of Saint Traft. Cheapest option is foils from the duel deck. Is buying those a bad idea? Will I get curved cards or do people generally take care of their foils?
>>
>>55303501

I'm sorry, did the turn four rule in Modern suddenly disappear overnight? If you want to play storm, why not pony up and play in Legacy where it belongs? Or are you afraid you can't cut with decks that have the tools to interact with you?
>>
>>55303548
Because a turn 3 storm kills is the starts aligning or you have absolutely 0 answers to it, by statics alone you should've won the following 2 games easy.
>>
>>55303548
Storm only wins before turn four if you literally have 0 interaction and it gets fucked by hate in games 2/3. What are you playing?
>>
>12 people show up to modern fnm
>lose first round, but go 3 1
>payout is just top 4, take 5th due to tie breaks
>the fatal pushes are given out at random
>1st, 4th, 6th, and 9th
>tfw 3 1 and only got a pack
>>
>>55301900
>next upkeep draw thoughtseize through Bob
>>
>>55303852

That's not possible, like I said I killed his Baral so I DID interact with it. But with three lands he was able to ritual out into a gifts, which went into past in flames, more rituals, more gifts, bing bang boom I'm dead.
>>
>>55303930

>play another Baral and then ritual out

fixed
>>
>>55303930
>I interacted with him once how did he kill me :(
What are you playing? How did you separate the gifts pile since he had no reducer?
>>
>>55303972

I just mentioned he HAD a reducer. He played it right after I killed the first one and still managed to go off that turn. It was absurd.

When he does the gifts pile, I always send Past In Flames and whatever non-rituals he has to the graveyard. Is that the wrong play? I assume it doesn't really matter because if I give him the rituals he has enough floating red to use them and then play the flashback cost, but if I give him the Past in Flames, he still has the floating mana to cast it and one ritual in his graveyard (he was floating five mana when he gifts).
>>
File: gelbooru tags.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
gelbooru tags.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Why isn't this SB against Storm?
>>
>>55304075
storm and adnaus aren't common enough yet and they usually have a counter for your counter
>>
>>55304110
Does Storm run any counter that is not Remand?
Also Eidolon of Rhetoric and Rule of Law are played. What do they hose out besides Storm?
>>
>>55304075
because chalice exists
>>
>>55304137
eidolon of rhetoric hoses aggro if you get it on curve

Rule of Law seems bad
>>
>>55304137
vengevine, snapcaster, cascade spells, possibly ad nauseam
>>
>>55304045

Shit, I just figured out what happened. He was using Baral to reduce the cost of Splicing into the arcane (he'd use two red from Pyretic to do a Desperate Ritual spliced into a Desperate Ritual). Looking up it, that's not how Baral is supposed to work with Splice, is it? Jesus Christ, I should have called a Judge...
>>
>>55304045
You still haven't answered what you're playing so I'm going to assume it's a shitbrew. If he has a second reducer and rituals + gifts there's not a ton you can do if you aren't playing a deck that can disrupt it with discard, removal or counterspells. You just have to hope the hate carries you in the next games.

>I always send PiF and non rituals to the yard
How to split the pile depends on the situation and sometimes it just won't matter because they'll win most of the time, but if they go for the general PiF, Ritualx2, Manamorphose pile and don't have much else you want to send PiF and Mana to hand to to choke their mana since they'd only get half of a ritual essentially as opposed to going Rx2 flashback PiF and recast their GY. There are some situations where you want to send Pif to yard though and some of them are if you have a high life total where they'd need to cast multiple PiF with chained gifts to win, they are going off with out a reducer or they are bottlenecked on blue mana. That being said a good storm player can make a good pile for the situation so that you lose no matter what.
>>
Have we got all Iconics spoiled?
I can't find any source that isn't missing a few and wanted to be sure before making a few purchases.
>>
Asked this last night just as the previous thread got archived. Is there anything fun and/or competitive I can build for relatively cheap by butchering up my Bant Eldrazi deck?
>>
>>55303507
They'll probably be curved, especially if you livw somewhere humid

I'd suggest getting the innistrad ones as I think they look better anyway
>>
>>55304396
You could probably build Knightfall for pretty cheap.
>>
>>55304137
they may run dispel, someone even pact of negation.
>>
>>55300777
>don't netdeck like a faggot
He said on in a thread specifically devoted to the sharing of decks and meta-discussion of the format.

Really activates the almonds.
>>
How is Glenn elendra archmage ? I'm thinking of sideboarding her to protect my platinum emperion
>>
File: 1503777687572.jpg (808KB, 2908x1830px) Image search: [Google]
1503777687572.jpg
808KB, 2908x1830px
Looking to brew but haven't played for a few years. Anyone have some hidden gems that could be broken?
>>
>>55303548
Burn wins on turn 3 if you have zero answers too, but I don't see anyone calling for it to be banned.
>>
>>55304560
I just put together Vampire Control, aka 4 blood moon, 4 liliana of the veil

I'm still dialing it in, but it seems to fair very well against the majority of the meta right now. The hand disruption is on point, and then you can just grind out with Olivia Voldaren or Kalitas or something
>>
>>55302887
No, they're still shit. That will never change.
>>
>>55304417
It's a shame the FNM are the best looking ones.
>>
File: Overgrown_Battlement.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Overgrown_Battlement.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>55304560
>>
>>55301894
>>55302275
>>55302244
Soul Sisters?
>>
>>55305085
I seriously hope no one is going to actually put the new art versions of Ascendant and Auriok into their deck
>>
>>55305085
It's already one of the cheapest decks and nobody plays it, so no, even if they reprint the common pieces the price is gonna stay the same.
>>
>>55305539
Lolno, soul sisters is gonna become FAR cheaper since there is little demand for the new cards
>>
>>55305400
They both look fine, quit being a pedantic douchebag.
>>
>>55305621
Didnt see the common bit. They are reprinting all the expensive staples
>>
File: IMG_0514.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>playing burn
>all this talk of soul sisters making a comeback.
>>
File: en_64ZmfLZVZL.png (183KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_64ZmfLZVZL.png
183KB, 265x370px
>>55302559
It's the most fun in magic I've had in years as far as competitive magic goes. It's really fluid and keeps you on your toes for decision making/reacting while flooding the board with fish.

Out of the archetypes, we only have major issues with Affinity, Elves, and one other i can't seem to recall.

If you can wait until November, Aether Vial is being reprinted, so you won't have to spend $180 just for the playset.

While the main part of the deck is a bit strict, there's tons of slots for tinkering with Smugglers Copter, Kira, the new Ixalan fish, and so on.

There's also fun in splashing white for Paths and Leylines, or splashing green for CoCos and the new green fish in Ixalan.
>>
>>55305621
You'll see, magic has no problems with scarcity, I could easily get any card I wanted if I had the money, the price is decided by the sellers and never goes down by any significant amount, we've seen this with modern masters I & II I don't see why iconic masters would be any different.
>>
>>55305724
While flusterstorm and mana drain aren't in modern, those two reprints would like a word with you.

Currently btfo'ing "investers" everywhere.
>>
I want to brew up a deck similar to Death & Taxes, but with zombies. Mostly so that I can tell people I'm on 'Undeath and Taxes'.

Right now, I have Cryptbreaker, Tidehollow Sculler, Wayward Servant, and Binding Mummy, along with a playset of Aether Vials, paths, and thoughtseizes. Are there other cards I might be missing that are zombies / have zombie synergy? Maybe a couple of Liliana the Last Hope?
>>
File: 86792ae02c96a060.png (157KB, 588x468px) Image search: [Google]
86792ae02c96a060.png
157KB, 588x468px
rate my shitty shitbrew

4 ornithopter
4 memnite
4 signal pest
4 Bush
4 Whackers

4 goblin grenades
4 shrapnel blasts
2 brimstone volley
3 Howl of the Horde
4 Kuldotha Rebirth

4 simian spirit guide
4 infernal plunge
15 mountains
>>
>>55305868
Bloodghast and Relentless Dead
>>
>>55305938
But Bloodghast doesn't have any type synergies.

Relentless Dead is a good idea. I think I have some floating around.
>>
>>55305667
i want to splash green really badly and do coco
>>
>>55304530
Netdecking does not mean sharing ideas for a deck, it's copying a successful deck 1 for 1 and playing it.
>>
>>55306045
If you want to play Tribal and not suck dick the EDH thread is down the hall and to the left.
>>
>>55305724
>>55305765
>dumb & dumber
>>
>>55306045
It doesn't but you can bring it from the graveyard often and it's good at those decks, it's worht trying.
>>
>>55304266
You can't use Baral to reduce splice costs. He was cheating.
>>
>>55306279
I feel like it might be worth running Gravecrawler over Bloodghast, though discarding either to Cryptbreaker to make a 2/2 is a nice upside. There's quite a few cards that care about the creature being a zombie- Cryptbreaker, Binding Mummy, Relentless Dead, Wayward Servant, Lord of the Accursed. Bringing stuff back for free off of a land drop does seem really nice though.

>>55306195
Who shit in your cornflakes?
>>
>>55306149
But copying a successful deck 1 for 1 is the number one way to learn magic, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>55304075
counterflux is better
chalice
>>
Guys, what do you think about Darksteel vials, are they going to become any cheaper in the nearby future or would it be a waste of time to wait?
>>
>>55304560
I'm playing Cascade Balance online and have been having a blast.
>>
>>55306394
That's not true. That just teaches you to pilot a fucking deck.
>>
>>55305657
Satyr Firedancer is your friend senpai.
Soul Sisters can't gain life if you kill their life-gain sources
>>
>>55306463
Wait for Iconic Masters to come out? Why even ask?
>>
File: Opt+%5BXLN%5D.jpg (27KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Opt+%5BXLN%5D.jpg
27KB, 223x311px
So is opt an autoinclude in jeskai geist/queller or what?
It seems strictly better than serum visions
>>
>>55307000
>misusing strictly better
Neck etc.
>>
>>55305657
>he hasnt seen the new hate-dino
>>
>>55305724
>never goes down by any significant amount
How can one person be so wrong?
>>
>>55307051
It does pretty much turn off soul sisters unless they path it
>>
>>55307051
New hate Dino costs 3 mana bro, that is a bit late. Firedancer does the job nicer IMO
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>mfw people call mono-white life gain "soul sisters"
>>
>>55307397
>>55307397
Mono-white lifegain could refer to Martyr-Proc, though, which is a very different deck than Soul Sisters.
>>
>>55305400
Considering how flat and boring the Fifth Dawn art is, you bet your ass I am. I'll admit the art looks more black and red than white with its colouring, but still, at least it isn't as dull.
>>
>>55300546
I like it more than the original

pays homage and does it's own thing
>>
>>55305400
New Ascendant looks great, you faggot. Old Ascendant looks like a Key Rune from RTR, new Ascendant actually looks like a monk.
>>
>>55307000
To my eyes it seems almost an unconscious swap for serum visions for all but Delver decks where the scry after draw matters more.

If you are running a delver list though, harder to say. Might be worth testing a 2/2 first, wouldn't be surprised if you run more than 4 total of serum/opt combined
>>
>>55302737
What matchups are hell for you in particular?
>>
>>55308276
Depends. Instant speed matters a lot, but mainphase cantripping is something a lot of decks are down for (combo etc).
This thing is worse than Sleight of Hand but as an instant you can do a lot more with it than just dig
>>
>>55308441
Like what? Try to fuck over lantern?
>>
>>55308441
Oh right, yeah I was sorta overlooking combo decks there, in particular storm. In decks where you might be alternating serum and opt as you draw them, maybe the mix is going to be inferior to a simple 4 of.
>>
>>55300429
I'm just happy to get lorwyn art thoughtseizes without paying half a grand. Also been slowly pimping out this list with alters and foils. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-09-17-qZw-abzan-counters/
>>
>>55308276
scry then draw is almost always better than draw then scry
>>
>>55308366
Pretty much everything heavy on removal, basically all control flavors but U/W which is surprisingly easy to beat, then the knightfall variants/deck that run voice of resurgence, death's shadow depending on how many push/thoughtseize they draw.
>>
>>55307000
The real question you should ask yourself is if this will allow spell snare to comeback as a real card. One problem with spell snare is on the draw you either pass your opportunity to use serum visions, or you hold up spell snare. Opt allows you to do both.
>>
>>55305868
I play a bw zombies deck thats been performing pretty well.
4 gravecrawler
4 cryptbreaker
4 blood scrivener
4 wayward servant
4 tidehollow sculler
4 relentless dead
4 bloodghast
3 binding mummy
2 thoughtsieze
2 inquisition of kozilek
4 collective brutality
4 fatal push
4 concealed courtyard
3 caves of koilos
3 isolated chapel
6 swamp
1 plains

The landbase need to be changed up, realistically it should have 4 marsh flats and 4 godless shrine, maybe a few other black fetches but as is its been playing really well. Affinity it a tough matchup, as is tron, but against anything else its at least 50/50. More in your favor in the shadow matchups and uw control is more than winnable
>>
>>55309402
If you have white mana, why not SB Kataki or Stony Silence?
>>
File: 20170909_183011.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170909_183011.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>55301479
I actually just pulled Jace out of my first booster
I just bought 2 toolkits and I have no idea what I'm doing, any advice for a Pokemon player doing some kitchen table stuff and occasional FNM
>>
>>55310220
download magic duels so that you canget an idea on how to play the game

watch footage of different formats so that you get used to the cards and so you can see which one appeals to you more

go to ixalan prerelease, prereleases are very beginner friendly. you get to build a deck out of what you open and keep it

if you want to build a deck buy single cards, boosters and boxes are for drafting
>>
>>55310287
When is the pre-release?
I already have magic duels, I play against my friends on there all the time with computer built decks
>>
>>55310375
>>55310287
Scratch that I just googled it, it's the 23
>>
>>55310375
23-24 of this month
>>
File: 14115_200w.jpg (19KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
14115_200w.jpg
19KB, 200x285px
I really like this art, is there anything I should know about snow permanents?

Outside skred it shouldn't matter right?
>>
>>55310786
Scrying Sheets is really powerful, as is Mouth of Ronom if you are in a color with weak creature removal.
>>
>>55310786
Rimefeather owl but it's not playable so it doesn't matter. Most likely people just use it for scrying sheets/they like snow art.
>>
>>55305874
anyone? i was playing t2 tokens and though big chunks of direct damage with a chance of 15 at once would be better. thoughts?
>>
>>55309402
Why not go esper and play geralf's messanger, haunted dead and prized amaglam? Would leave you with better recursive threats and leaves with with the ability to sb or mb coutnerspells for tron. Would also let you use detention sphere which is pretty good vs affinity. Vault of the archangle could also be a good include as a lifegain defecit vs more aggressive decks or prevent abzan from swinging their tarmogoyfs in at your weaker creatures.
>>
>>55311183
Seems like it would be really hard to close out the game if you can't kill your opponent straight out the gate, especially with no pact of the titans in there
>>
>>55311384
i find pact to be more trouble than its worth sometimes. signal pest is used it the budget version as a replacement, is more reliable beyond turn 2, and can be used for shrapnel blast/rebirth. was thinking about a version of it that uses hollow one and looting.
>>
>play Stony Silence against affinity
>>
>>55311686
play march of the machines agents affinity
>>
How is Soul Sisters looking in the meta right now? Interested in trying it thanks to the reprints in IMA.
>>
File: 1429788384120.jpg (107KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1429788384120.jpg
107KB, 500x334px
>jund vs eldrazi tron
>opp scoops G3 to a T3 fulminator mage
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-03-20-48-37.png (92KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-03-20-48-37.png
92KB, 720x1280px
>>55312072
Speaking of fulminator mage I just sniped a foil for 34 bucks off of ebay
>>
>>55312072

did you have a goyf or something in play already?

land destruction hurts as tron but i think you should play it out most of the time, they have to be able to clock you as well or a single fulminator mage is just a minor speed-bump on the road to karn

on the other hand, you can tell from your hand as a tron player whether you're actually gonna be able to assemble tron any time soon so maybe he just knew his hand was trash and didnt feel like playing it out
>>
>>55312237
yes, 1 goyf
>>
File: 5656.jpg (384KB, 1543x789px) Image search: [Google]
5656.jpg
384KB, 1543x789px
>>55312072
>Eldrazi tron taps out turn 2
big mistake
>>
File: 1489551460570.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489551460570.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>55306574
Got a primer or deck list?
>>
>>55303457

Eidolon of Rhetoric, Rule of Law. Alternatively you can use Leyline of Sanctity and it will force them into an Empty the Warrens line and will buy you extra time rather than 20x Grapeshot. It also prevents them from casting Gifts Ungiven since it must target. Graveyard hate also shuts them off from a Past in Flames line.
>>
Do you guys think investing in Battle for Zendikar boxes is okay at €84? With the explorations I expect them to go at 150 soon.
>>
File: Flick.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Flick.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-81-24-tix-favorable-winds-modern
This deck looks like an auto-scoop to Chalice (even though Seth won through a Chalice one game), but I have a soft spot for decks that do obscure out-of-nowhere things like cast Emrakul on Turn 2 or finish your opponent off with a Blue burn spell.
Speaking of Emrakul on Turn 2, has anybody ever tried Possibility Storm? It looks pretty fragile, but it looks appealing.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-94-20-tix-modern-possibility-storm

>>55312289
How is Copy Cat in Modern? Could it become Splinter Twin lite?
>>
>>55312679
>saffron olive jank
Please refrain from posting shitbrews.
>>
>>55312679
I run it with eldritch evolution and it's more like pod lite where your opponent has to deal with your board of value creatures while also respecting the combo.
>>
>tfw had a BR Vampires vs GW Lands game take over an hour
This is what I get for only running one Olivia
>>
>>55312713
But there's nothing more satisfying than holding your own fiercely against Tier 1 decks with obscure jank!
Who makes better jank or non-jank?
>>
>>55312721
Do you have a deck list? I've been jamming a pod edh deck and it makes me miss modern pod
>>
>>55308968
Anyone have any input they want to give on this list? I'm usually going 3-1 or 4-1 with it at my LGS's modern events, only taking a loss from tron or valakut.
>>
>>55312765
>But there's nothing more satisfying than holding your own fiercely against Tier 1 decks with obscure jank!
Playing a real deck is more satisfying than inconsistent jank.

>>55312748
>GW lands
Do you mean GW tron or is there some new hot shitbrew that I'm not aware of?
>>
>>55312849
the coco/knight of the reliquary deck with ramanup excavator "LOL ghost quarters"

I don't know what the hell to call it, or my own deck for that matter
>>
>>55312797
Only thing I can think of is to try to fit in Ghost Quarter in your Mainboard and/or Fulminator Mage in your sideboard. If nobody is playing much graveyard relevant stuff, maybe trim down on some sideboard cards to make way. Are there any sideboard cards that don't seem too necessary or haven't been used much?
>>
>>55312876
People usually call it GW company
>>
File: saheeli evo.jpg (429KB, 1685x576px) Image search: [Google]
saheeli evo.jpg
429KB, 1685x576px
>>55312779
this is the list I'm currently testing. Probably going to take unified will and phyrexian revoker out of the sideboard.
>>
>>55312888
The lili surprisingly, I only really need her against delver or other junk/jund lists. Even then the ballista takes care of most x/1s without a problem. On a sidenote the only way the deck loses to affinity is if it gets land screwed, and thats without sideboarding. I also already have some ghost quarters and a fulminator in the mail.
>>
>>55309296
I struggle with U/W. How do you play the matchup? Also, I just think the meta sucks if you're trying to play a fair deck. At FNM, I beat Goblins but got smashed by Titianshift and U/W control.
>>
>>55312928
>saheeli evo
>not saheeli nahiri kikiiji evo with a sun titan
>>
>>55312713
Salty your tier 1 deck lost to a shitbrew? :^)
>>
>>55313662
Yeah man, there's this group of Brewers at my LGS that just btfo everybody every fnm. Netdeckers HATE them, learn how to beat netdeckers like that with cool budget decks by clicking the link below.
>>
>>55313662
tbqh shitbrews are fun but the whole "brewers vs netdeckers" thing has to be the dumbest shit I ever heard
>>
>>55312289
>>55312928
>fucking rai in modern
This cancer better not catch on.
>>
File: tuck fron.jpg (340KB, 1549x790px) Image search: [Google]
tuck fron.jpg
340KB, 1549x790px
>>55314155
You can't escape me
>>
>>55314162
NO
>>
anyone know of tournament worthy proxies?
>>
>>55301239
Vexing devil + Claim // Fame is the new meta in Rakdos
>>
>>55304740
I made a budget deck around this

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-07-17-budget-mill/

100% casual baby
>>
File: IMG_20170909_200201975.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_200201975.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
Bought all this for $28. How did I do?
>>
File: IMG_20170909_200149271.jpg (5MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_200149271.jpg
5MB, 3006x5344px
>>55317746

And this for $24
>>
>>55307605
Martyr isn't always monowhite I'm pretty sure. Then again, neither is sisters.
>>
>>55317764
How did you get all those for 20 bucks? Proxies?

I actually opened Bloodstained Mire from an Onslaught pack back in the day.
>>
Someone knows if Masters 25 will have modern or vintage reprints?

Do you think I should buy a MM17 box for €200 or wait for M25?
>>
>>55317881
Probably not any significant vintage reprints. Non-reserve list vintage stuff overlaps too much with legacy, same reason they had eternal masters and not legacy masters. Vintage masters will be MTGO only forever.
>>
>>55317898
The fact is as the market is right now paying €200 for a MM17 box seems a decent price but if they reprint cards like Liliana in M25 and you could get a box of that for €180 then MM17 will become shit.

The fact that it has the fetches at rares, together with other decent cards in the rare slot, still makes it attractive but I feel like 200 is just a bit too much.
>>
>>55317853

Yes but can you guess which are the proxies?
>>
>>55318126
Sure, if I can touch and smell them. What's so hard about it? Especially when you can compare them to a real card from the set.
>>
>>55318141
>implying anyone is going to let you rub your greasy fingers all over his cards at a tourney and fucking sniff them to test for proxies.
>>
>>55318238
Projecting much? I wash my hands 30 times a day, I avoid touching handles everytime I can, I always clean my hands before touching cards.

Isn't it required for Judges to check the cards?
>>
>>55318286
Judge here, I pretty much spend my whole day at GPs sniffing decks to make sure no one is using fake cards. I used to work for the police before those damn dogs took our jobs.
>>
>>55318238
Also I don't care if people use proxies to play, I agree with that, but if you sell them as real you're scum.
>>55318298
You're joking but the smell of ink is very characteristic and collectors and investors use that too to check if a card is real or not. A played or ex card won't have a strong smell but a mint one will.
>>
>>55318298
I laughed
>>
Are there sideboard cards that can specifically hose natural tron? Modern is apparently the format where you just need to draw your sideboard two-ofs to win so there's gotta be a card for that right?

Blood Moon is obviously the best at it but you still won't get it out on the draw.
>>
I'm trying out Goblin Dark Dwellers in my BR midrange deck, but I'm worried I don't have enough spot removal to utilize it well, 3 fatal push, 2 terminate, 2 k command (as well as 2 bonfires, 2 thoughtseize, 3 inquisition to round out my interactions)
>>
>>55318126
link to store?
>>
>>55318464
Stony silence is okay too
>>
>>55318470
Bonfires are okay but you need like 8 mana for it to do anything usually. If you test and it works you should do it though.

Kolaghans does shit even if your opponent has no field. So I think you have enough targets for 1-2.

Blightning is one of my favorite cards to use in br, but it's an awful top deck. 5 turns in when hands are starting to get depleted, casting a second one for free is brutal in some match ups.
>>
is fnm a good place to make friends? I moved states a while ago and I need people to hang out with.
>>
>>55318681
Depends on the shop. If you're looking for anyone just go to fnm consistently and you'll get to know the regular players there.

If you're already not outgoing it'll take a while because there are relatively few people who are going to go out of their way to befriend you. The people who go to events fall into three groups, people who just want to play the game, people who are fucking weird, and a third group of people who are disillusioned with going out of their way to try to make friends with people they don't already know because so many of the people in the community fall into category 2.
>>
>>55313106
It's a slow match up, there's is absolutely no need to overextend or rush, they lack good wincons to conclude the game quickly, that means get 2-3 creatures on the board (just 2 if you have a muta) and start beating, walls are annoying but can be bypassed with a single lord and spreading seas (which I like to keep in to cut white sources/colonnades but not everyone agrees on that), then just play keep playing around supreme verdict, if you run cliques (I don't atm) you can scout your opp hand and see if they have it at his end step so that you may want or not to vial in more threats to close out the game faster.

For the rest having the roflcopters and caverns helps immensely as does sideboarding in dispels and it goes without saying that you have to avoid turning your lords sideways if they are 2/2s as they may slam down a snappy for the rest what is giving you problems in this match up?

And I forgot, you may want to keep your dismembers in for spell quellers.
>>
>>55318630
If I topdeck the bonfire, I'm not allowed to drop a land from my hand to help cast it, am I?
>>
>>55314162
What does Tron use black mana for?
>>
>>55318996
Hand disruption.
>>
>>55318811
You are not. You draw the card, miracle triggers, you may reveal it and choose to cast it for its miracle cost. If you proceed from draw phase to main phase then you've missed your chance.
>>
File: pjimage.jpg (891KB, 2016x936px) Image search: [Google]
pjimage.jpg
891KB, 2016x936px
>>55318996
Collective Brutality and Fatal Push mainboard, Thoughtseize sideboard, typically.
>>
>>55314162

You are doing God's work anon. You must make all Tron players suffer.
>>
>>55300429
>Cryptic Command
>What did they mean by this?
>>
>>55314162
Keep doing what you're doing, anon
Respect
>>
>>55318534

Google (((bootleg mtg))). Enjoy trading counterfeits for real cards. Proxies are literally 1:1 copies at this point. Just try and stick to older cards that don't have the hologram
>>
>>55319563
Is the foil real or are they able to foil them reliably?
>>
File: 1504979243119.png (217KB, 343x344px) Image search: [Google]
1504979243119.png
217KB, 343x344px
>>55319563
>Proxies are literally 1:1 copies at this point.
>Chinafags actually believe this
Lmao, chinamen regularly fuck up the coloring, font and sometimes even the symbols on the card if they're bad enough. Not to mention they STILL can't recreate the correct printing layers and rosette pattern and all it takes to see is a cheap loupe.
>>
Reminder that a Chinese proxies seller used to openly browse the proxy general /tg/ had a few years back to answer questions etc.

He was probably also responsible for creating that general and keeping it active anonposting
>>
where is the market for chinaman proxies in the first place? if you're just playing casually why do you need cards that look real? if you're playing competitively are you really going to risk being kicked out of a gp at 6-1 because the cards you're using are fake?

is it just scam artists trying to pass of fake fetches as real fetches in trades?
>>
>>55319627

Vengivine's are real. Rest are (((proxies)))
>>
>>55319741

>Playing modern at local shops
>Deck is unrecognizable compared to real cards
>Pay a fraction of the price while winning real cards
>>
>>55318464
There is, but some sideboard cards only work well if your deck has certain cards in the main.
>Blood Moon
>Stony Silence
>Fulminator Mage (+md Kommand)
>Surgical Extraction (+md Ghost Quarter)
>Crumble to Dust (+md Countermagic)
>>
>>55318464
Blood Moon is actually one of the worst since no deck that runs it can present a reasonable clock through Oblivion Stone and hardcast Wurmcoil. Nature's Claim when you tap out is also a thing.
>>
>>55319563
If you really think they are the same you are retarded. It takes a quick analysis to understand if a card is real or not.
Who the fuck is stupid enough to trade for an expensive card and not even checking if it's real?
>>
File: WUcontrol.jpg (111KB, 599x759px) Image search: [Google]
WUcontrol.jpg
111KB, 599x759px
here's what I've been playing with. I'm not super happy with the SB but I haven't gone to any local events so i just tried to put in what would cover the most common match ups.
>>
>>55320368
Gideon of the Trials is very solid in UW Control, and Geist of Saint Traft is a solid sideboard option when you need to be the aggressor.
>>
>>55317746
This is exactly why I got Goyfs with the foil stamp now.
>>
File: 150a[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
150a[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
How has Claim/Fame in Affinity been doing for anyone testing it? I haven't played Modern in a while and I see that and Spire seem to be the only changes people in general have been making to Affinity this whole time.
>>
>>55305657
you're supposed to play a set of ensnaring bridge in the board so they can't attack you with avatars.
>>
Is UW DnT any good?
>>
>>55320573
vexing devil.
>>
>>55320956
I'm having a hard time imagining Vexing Devil in Affinity.
>>
>>55320674
>tfw beat an ensnaring bridge lock with a signal pest
>Sacced 3 master of etheriums onto my ravager
>Swung for 0
>instant speed attached cranial plating and saced the ravager onto it
>hit with a 15/5 signal pest through an ensnaring bridge
Felt orgasmic tbqh
>>
>>55320956
Sorry, just saw claim to fame and testing.
I don't think it'd be useful. The only real hit with it is Ravanger.
>>
>>55321320
overseer?
>>
>>55320490
I only have access to one geist and trials Gideon atm but I will add the Gideon to see how it is especially with the new PW rule.
>>
File: IMG_7836.png (183KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7836.png
183KB, 530x530px
Tell it to me straight anons, exactly how bad is WB tokens, and what are its strong/weak points? I ask because I won my store's Modern FNM on Friday even with my crappy budget list (basically 2 Modern Event Decks that I got on sale a while back squished together, with a handful of upgrades like 4 Thoughtseizes and a few better lands stuck in) so I'm wondering if it's worthwhile or a waste of money to get the rest of my planned upgrades, or at least the ones for this build (I have 0 Bitterblossoms, but a friend of mine told me I might not need them if I intend to play more aggressively which is what the current deck does).

Basically, I'm aware that buying staples like fetches or Leylines is never really a bad call, I'm just asking if I can have any success with tokens, or if I should just take what I would've spent and put it towards Tron so I can play a more refined/tiered deck.

Also, is it possible that Chalice or Karn will get reprinted?
>>
>>55318286
I tend to bringer a slapper stick to mtg tourneys, whenever someone tries to touch my things I physically assault them with it.
>>
Is grixis control still around? I love some grixis but I don't wanna risk playing a deck that might get >banned like GDS. Anyone got a good list?
>>
>>55300429
i want to build a ramp deck with some of the small shit being elves that produce mana, what's some big shit i can ramp to?
>>
>>55322119
Why would it get banned? The most popular flavor of control is U/W anyway.
>>
>>55322459
the main goal for ramp is usually primeval titan, but there's also eldrazi ramp decks and i think there's elf ramp decks that go wide instead of big
>>
Why aren't there more beautiful women that are knowledgeable about magic like this one? Is it because of the toxic environment that presents itself in competitive magic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1ttDaCLVs
>>
>>55322540
ah, any others?

for what im doing im using stuff like elvish mystic and llanowar elves to help ramp into stuff like hydras, and i have ramp in other forms like wood elves and explore.

i figure with something like this i want to ride the manacurve off into the sunset.

>>55322587
cause WoTC are too busy filming the trials and tribulations of trannies no-one gives a fuck about.
>>
>>55322587
I think it's because many places where we go to play magic still have a "boys' club" feel to them. Just recently I talked to a girl who said she didn't feel comfortable playing at the lgs in our town because the employees would flirt with her. And that's the least of it, just look at the backlash that Gaby spartz got when she wrote that article about how to be more inclusive to women who play magic.

That's not to say that we don't have some great women who play, Melissa detora is a genius and Megan Wolff is very knowledgeable and a great personality. There's also jadine klomparens who crushes scg tournaments and feline longmore who is one of the best high tide players ever. I think the big reason why a larger percentage of pro players aren't female is because the field of pros has historically been mostly male and not enough players are willing to take steps to make magic more inviting to everyone.
/rant
>>
>>55322845
>Gaby spartz
I actually kinda like her much more than that other woman that recently joined the coverage team, i forgot her name.
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking for a specific prepackaged deck that I swear I saw a year or two ago but can't find it anymore. I've looked online and can't see any mention of it, I feel like I'm going crazy.

It was a red/white samurai weeb deck, but I don't think it was as long ago back as Kamigawa. I think this because the box I'm sure I saw looked more modern, with a plastic transparent cover in the front showing a card.

Any help would be appreciated. Again this is a pre-packaged so it will be shit, but I need to know if it actually exists. Just for my own sanity.
>>
Any chance Chalice of the Void will get reprinted again soon?
>>
>>55322988
As soon as I get my ensnaring bridge reprint.
>>
>>55322988
I hope Chalice gets banned desu
>>
>>55322845
That comes from the people who play them being relentlessly mocked for most of their life for enjoying something the isn't mainstream popular. Now the "nerdy" stuff is mainstream for better or worse there is a huge influx of new people so of course there will be resistance from people who have been playing long enough too have been tormented by the same people who now want to actually try it out because the stigma is mostly gone
>>
>>55323021
>>55322845
n
o
b
o
d
y fucking cares, if you want to play, play, otherwise fuck off.
>>
I sense bait in this thread trying to derail Modern Genera(l).
Ignore and do not reply to off-topic issues.

>>55323017
Question: What bad consequences could there be with Chalice ban? What degeneracy does it stop?
>>
>>55323114
It stops Eldrazi Tron from existing.
Fuck Eldrazi Tron
>>
>>55322607
>trannies
Back to /pol/ sweetie
>>
>>55323114
>What degeneracy does it stop?

Eldrazi is weakened a lot with no chalice trust me I run a chalices deck and it can be shut down hard.

>Playing a guy with some discard deck
>First game smash his face in hard with Ulamog
>Second game completely shuts me down with discard
>Third game shit keeps happening and I have no hand
>Realize if I keep playing every card I draw he can't make me discard and benefit from it
>Pull some yugioh bullshit and topdeck an all is dust

If I had chalices game three wouldn't have even happened.
>>
>>55323114
Tbh I would rather ban eldrazi temple than chalice, Tron is the offender here not chalice
>>
>>55323208
>ban an entire deck because i don't like it!

yeah that sure would be good for the format
>>
>>55323241
>bohoo I can't play a t2 4/4 thoughtsiezer
>>
>>55323241
Banning chalice would also kill the deck
>>
>>55323160
>getting offended by someone saying tranny
go back to tumblr faggot
>>
>>55322504
You guys really think the DS flavors are gonna stick around? I like playing a Cryptic Command deck, but GDS is probably way better.
>>
>>55323279
It can run without chalice just not as well.

>>55323275
>being this autismal about a deck that couldn't even Top 8 at Birmingham

Eldrazi is just the deck people love to hate even when they don't have a valid reason to do so.
>>
Does eldrazi tron even show up in a lot of top 8s? Or is this just people with bad match ups crying?
>>
Do any of you play at PPTQs or Grand Prix?
>>
>>55323358
>Does eldrazi tron even show up in a lot of top 8s?

No it can't consistently top 8.

>Or is this just people with bad match ups crying?

Yes.
>>
I'm gunna alter my basic lands, what are the odds of getting called out by an opponent for marked cards?
>>
>>55323441
Zero
Check with a judge before entering an event and have unaltered basics to replace them with if needed. Alters are almost entirely at the judges descretion iirc.
>>
So are there any actual competitive players here? Or does the competitive in the title stand for FNM warrior?
>>
>>55323382
I go to GP Toronto every year. I usually stick to side events because I hate standard and suck at limited.
>>
>>55323636
I came in 2nd at a 3k Open a few months back, does that count?
>>
>>55323636
It's supposed to keep the casuals/shitbrewers who post retarded shit like "help with my kithkin deck" or basic questions that could be answered with a quick google search from infesting the thread. As for me I grind comp leagues on MTGO and occasionally attend Modern/Legacy GP's when I'm able to.
>>
>>55323671
Yes
>>55323734
Just wondering because lately the threads are devoid of competitive discussion and are just "Ban Affinity/Tron/Storm/Burn because I cant win" "Unban (card that will never be unbanned" and "Chinamen :^)"
>>
>>55323780
It's Nu-Players moving into eternal formats and throwing a hissy fit when they see ramp, bolt, and affinity
>>
>>55323658
im new, don't laugh how does the GP thing work? is it just whatever chucklefuck that signed up for it goes? or is there some sort of application process or somthing
>>
>>55323927
GPs are open tournaments, you have to sign up ahead of time but there's no application or anything like that. It's just first come first serve.
>>
>>55323952
oh ok
>>
>>55320674
i once triple shrapnel blasted to kill through an ensnaring bridge.
>>
Is storm in danger of a ban soon?
>>
File: Modern General 2017.jpg (152KB, 960x714px) Image search: [Google]
Modern General 2017.jpg
152KB, 960x714px
>>55323780
>Just wondering because lately the threads are devoid of competitive discussion and are just "Ban Affinity/Tron/Storm/Burn because I cant win" "Unban (card that will never be unbanned" and "Chinamen :^)"

The general has devolved into this
>>
>>55324142
That's a stupid picture.

The monkeys created a culture (beat up the ladder climber) that actively served the group, and following that culture even without knowing has served the group. The alternative is back to cold showers at random
>>
>>55324224
They don't actually know that. For all they know, the cold showers may no longer be a thing.
>>
>>55324224
The experiment also applies to humans.

>thousands of years ago when babies were lucky to survive
>"homosexuality is wrong because it creates less people for the tribe therefore it must be punished"
>thousands of years later when the earth is overpopulated
>homosexuality is still seen as vile and evil even when there's no practical or rational reason to think that

The way this applies to this general is that Eldrazi can't consistently top 8 and the one that won the Kobe GP wasn't even Tron. The ones bitching about Affinity/Tron/Storm/Burn are the monkeys in this scenario.
>>
>>55324313
I think if we just castrated all gays it'd be fine, prevent them from ever going back and everything.
>>
>>55324313
>homosexuality was wrong
Have you never heard of pedestry?

We learned that the slippery slope is real and that it degrades civilization, and now we're forgetting
>>
>>55324377
Wow, you are either trolling, retarded or serious. And im scared you could be the third option.
>>
>>55324377
You have to go back >>>/pol/. I can't believe they let retards like you out of the echo chamber, I mean you believe in slippery slope fallacy IN 2017 ffs.
>>
>>55324377
>being white
>being cucked into believing your ancestor's culture is evil and demonic by middle eastern Abrahamics who fucked pre-pubescent children
>implying the Greeks were doing anything wrong when the average person was lucky to make it to 30
>comparing ancient Greece to modern times

White man I shiggy
>>
>>55324313
>The way this applies to this general is that Eldrazi can't consistently top 8 and the one that won the Kobe GP wasn't even Tron. The ones bitching about Affinity/Tron/Storm/Burn are the monkeys in this scenario.

Recently at my LGS I was playing Tron against another competitive player who's been working on his Death's Shadow deck.

Some high schoolers were like "Wow cool Modern?!" but than immediately walked away when they saw Tron complaining about it when they've never played Modern in their lives.

So yeah people just learn this shit from others without putting any actual thought into it. None of the guys at my LGS who play Modern competitively complain about Tron.
>>
>>55322587
Because when you're a beautiful woman you don't give a shit about anything because you don't need to do anything to live. Obviously there are some exceptions to the rule who still like to do something in their life.
>>
>>55324313
The only card I have problems with in eldrazi tron is chalice. The deck is fair otherwise and a fun match up if they don't t2 chalice you when you're on a low curve deck.
>>
>>55324224
The alternative is choice. There's a difference between not doing something because of the consequences and not doing something for no other reason than societal pressure or some other bullshit.
>>
>>55324641
And I fully agree. Also there are other Eldrazi decks that don't use chalice.

I just like to use Karn cause he's my favorite character ;_;
>>
I am watching the Arena preview and the asian host keeps touching his hair trying to hide the fact he's balding top kek.
>>
File: 1392636193228.gif (876KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1392636193228.gif
876KB, 500x281px
>>55324641
>Eldrazi Temple
>Tron
>Fair
>>
>>55319705
is there ever a proxy gen anymore?
>>
What do I do about Chalice as 8-Rack?
>>
>>55325216
Tron insta loses to land destruction, hard counterspells, and hand discard. If you have at least one of those things in mb or sb you'll be at even odds or better vs tron.
>>
>>55325802
play ratchet bomb and pray?
>>
>>55325832
Land destruction in Modern is too shit to consistently do anything about it. Hard counters and discard are irrelevant when you just windmill slam every haymaker you skillfully draw off the top of your deck.
>>
>>55325802
The same GDS does to it, thoughtseize it on T1.
>>
>>55325832
>and hand discard

This so hard. I've been blown the fuck out by discard decks.
>>
>>55325847
DnT pretty much hard counters Tron with Leonin Arbiter and Ghost Quarter/Tectonic Edge
>>
>>55302717
D&T
>>
File: 129877_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
129877_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
i wanna create a monoblack curse based shitbrew that has pick related in it, help me in my journey /tg/

i figure accursed witch and bitterheart witch are musts but what else?
>>
>>55305874
I swear to god I played against this deck at FNM
>>
>>55325802
Plan A don't play 8rack. Plan B run Pack Rat. Plan C splash white and take the bad cards out and play BW Smallpox. Plan D play a real deck.
>>
Is dragonstorm possible?
>>
>>55326231
Herald of the Pantheon
>>
>>55326761
Yes
Is it good?
Probably not.
>>
Is modern fun yet?
>>
>>55326231
>i figure accursed witch and bitterheart witch are musts but what else?
Posting in the appropriate thread is a must.
>>
>>55325847
Land death is consistent in the way it buys you turns. Obviously nobody wins the long-game against Tron.

Timely land death buys you somewhere around 2-turns in exchange for wasting your turn killing their land. They spend one turn getting a spare and the second turn is used doing the big thing. Every (good) Modern deck can do a lot of business with two spare turns of your opponent doing nothing let alone Tron.

If I absolutely had to beat Tron there is no better option than casting a Stone Rain variant (usually Molten Rain or Fulminator).
>>
>RR Sorcery
>Destroy target nonbasic land
There I fixed Modern
>>
>>55327099
>1W Enchantment
>Lands cannot produce more than one mana
There I fixed Modern
>>
>>55326231
Double witch is cool, and if you run both you can use heartless summoning to ramp them (and maybe could run other value stuff such as solemn simulacrum as filler)

Curse of misfortunes, curse of thirst, torment of scarabs and a cruel reality are great, pierced heart is nice in red (not sure on the 2cmc amonket one, seems better as sb tech, but could also be a 4 of), maybe some contaminated ground and/or evil pressence with nyx
>>
>>55326231
If you can get overwhelming splendor and curse of death's hold, they can't play any creatures.
>>
>>55327153
What do you do to actually kill your bitterheart witches? They never attack into them.
>>
>>55327145
Add in, spells can only be cast at sorcery speed and all creatures toughness and power are equal to their converted mana cost.
>>
>>55327099
Nonbasic Land
T: Add <> to your mana pool.
T: destroy target nonbasic land.

There, I fixed modern.
>>
>>55327248
None of those other things are necessary to fix modern
>>
Tron decks don't even come close to dominating tourneys so why are you guys bitching about them so much? Cry about affinity or something that actually regularly top 8s or wins
>>
>>55327248
t. tronbabby
>>
>>55327288
How can you not know that Eldrazi Tron is literally one of the most dominantly played decks in the format?
>>
>>55327305
How can you know it doesn't consistently top 8?

A lot of people playing it =/= the most powerful

are you feelsb4reals?
>>
>>55305874
Needs a splash or Green and Glimpse of Nature
>>
>>55327369
>Glimpse of Nature
>>
>>55327369
Yeah and Chrome Mox too
>>
>>55327255
>wasteland in modern
You're a funny guy
>>
>>55327531
How about this:
Nonbasic Land
~ enters the battlefield tapped
T: Add <> to your mana pool.
T: destroy target nonbasic land.
>>
>>55322845
>/rant
Reddit tier posting with a Reddit tier opinion
>>
Galvanic Blast vs Thoughtcast in Affinity?
I see more Blasts these days but wouldnt Thoughtcast make more sense due to all the removal running around?
>>
>>55319175
man I love fatal push's art
>>
>>55327620
It doesn't matter either way, the only way affinity beats my deck is if I get mana screwed. Alternatively mb thoughtseize is a good surprise.
>>
File: newmemedeckwow.png (655KB, 773x624px) Image search: [Google]
newmemedeckwow.png
655KB, 773x624px
new meme deck that is breaking the meta
i made it in ms paint i havent even played it yet enjoy mi familia
>>
>>55327620
I don't play affinity but from watching and playing against it the worse thing for the deck is running out of cards so my vote is for thoughtcast.
>>
File: skullposter.jpg (30KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
skullposter.jpg
30KB, 400x462px
>>55320949
is dece, but straying from mono-white or bw eldrazi taxes is an advanced metagaming call.

i personally played UW with Sky Hussars for a while and it did fine.

>>55321733
it's fine. try playing it with sram's expertise to shove more tokens/swords/whatever through on turn 4.
>>
>>55327765
This is not new but it is definitely a meme
>>
If I just want to pal around at local tournaments do I need to play current cards? if so is there a new set coming out soon that I should just wait for?
>>
>>55327830
the cards have to be legal for the tournament format. other than that, go nuts.
>>
>>55328045
>>55328045

Migrate whenever
>>
>>55327805
you're right it's pretty old but celebrant really wets the whistle
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.