[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 71

File: da fug.jpg (73KB, 320x448px) Image search: [Google]
da fug.jpg
73KB, 320x448px
All as planned edition

Resources
>Pastebin.com/jFHuzjmq

General's Handbook 2017 (pdf)
>https://mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Army and Skirmish warband Builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Now with GA books
Grand Alliance Order
>https://mega.nz/#!R3B0gDKK!BIBhguOGm-m9jH1q21mVLZk2nAprjj5WB8ijf2Hd2zQ

Grand Alliance Death
>https://mega.nz/#!tuZgzAxA!ojKhBr9LXuyrENb3a2WdLRZbUrudSUSu7yE1aWla530

Grand Alliance Chaos
>https://mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU

Grand Alliance Destruction
>https://mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

Previously on /aosg/: >>55267363
>>
>>55290950
First for Sigmarines are actually not bad.
>>
So what's everyone eyeing up in the gw line of products atm? Currently looking at the KO ironclad.
>>
>>55290999
trips confirm
>>
>>55290999
>999
yay
>>
File: new.jpg (152KB, 558x780px) Image search: [Google]
new.jpg
152KB, 558x780px
>>55290999
Why do you like them?
>>
>>55291009
Maybe getting a Kharibdyss after I build and paint these Black Ark Corsairs, but I have a Sorceress on Black Dragon to paint first too.
>>
>>55291009
was going to start a tzeentch army but vould not get my hands on starter packs, so maybe Ill just buy a box of spiders with the araknarok or whatever and increase my legacy collection
>>
>>55291009
I'm thinking of getting Spire of Dawn since everyone keeps saying that it's going to get discontinued
>>
Reposting for some more feedback, how does my sylvaneth list look?

++ Pitched Battle (2,000) (Alliance: Sylvaneth) [2000pts] ++

+ Leader/Behemoth +

Drycha Hamadreth [280pts]

Deepwood Spell: The reaping

Spirit of Durthu [400pts]

Warlord trait: realm walker

Treelord Ancient [300pts]
Deepwood spell: renewal
Artifact: moonstone
+ Battleline +

2x10 Dryads [200pts]

5 Tree-Revenants [80pts]

5 Tree-Revenants [80pts]

+ Other +

3 Kurnoth Hunters: bows [220pts]

3 Kurnoth Hunters: bows [220pts]

3 Kurnoth Hunters: scythes [220pts]

++ Total: [2000pts] ++
>>
>>55291009
Skulls. I have two unpainted SoD boxes and primed the first rat ogre for the moulder warband today. I just need some bits and skulls for bases and objective markes
>>
Just ordered my Kharadron Overlord book.

What are some things I should know/do when building them up?
>>
>>55291376
The Grundstock Thunderers warscroll in the book is not legal, for one.
>>
>>55291376

So from me just looking and staring at their rules for the last couple of days there are 3 things to consider.

1) if you want to use grundstock thunderers you'll need the ghb2 (unless they also updated rules on store)

2) avoid the gunhauler unless you like the model and just wanna use it for the model

3) Skywardens are a no go when engineriggers do the same thing but better for slightly more points.(and they use the same kit to make.)

Other than that you can pretty much go whatever way you want, get multiple frigates for a nice fleet. Or an ironclad if you want an army with a nice and fancy centrepiece. Also that they have a lot of customizability cos of the different skyport rules and that you can mix and match your own little rules to make a nice flair for your own guys.
>>
So I just put together my first Death list at 1000 points. I've never played Death a day in my life so I'm not sure if this is good or not.

Vampire Lord on Nightmare
-General
-Ruler of the Night

Necromancer
Vampire Lord on foot

30 Skeletons with Spear and Shield
20 Zombies
10 Crypt Ghouls
Corpse Cart

930/1000.

Obviously my next purchase should be a Wight King, but should I just keep buying more and more skeletons? Halloween's around the corner and I really wanna spook it up
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>55290950
WE
>>
>>55291766
Drop the ghouls because they wont synergize.

The wight king and skeles are good. Don't bother with grave guard, just get skeles. Big blobs do lots of damage and also are hard to move off objectvies because they regen

The wight king with black axe is a CHAMP.

Black knights are kinda crap, BUT They give you mobility.

Your necro is good and has a good ability.
>>
>>55291766
Get the bundle kit with grave guard wight king and black knights, then just use grave guard as unit champions
>>
>>55291287
>SoD box
Anon are you British, if so I'll buy it off you
>>
>>55291251
IT HAS BEEN IN EUROPEAN WEBSITES but is available in NON EU websites for some reason
>>
>>55291766
I think there's no good reason not to go crazy with the numbers.
Zombies should be 40, Skeletons 40, Ghouls at least 30 too.

If they kill ONE Zombie you lose the bonus already, and it's not hard.
If they kill ONE Skeleton, same.

If you get a Corpse Cart, maybe take all Zombies, don't mix them with Skeletons or Ghouls, so the whole group gets buffed.
>>
>>55291989
Nope, silesian here. I have two of them and my LGS still has one on stock so I'm thinking about getting it just for more ogres and weapon teams - also my gf is playing high aelves.

Be honest with me - why people are so fuckin crazy about SoD now? Clanrats are a useless shit, warlords without clanrats are also a shit and noone is playing moulder. Why getting the whole box if you need only the weapon teams and the engineer you can get on ebay for cheap?
>>
>>55292069
>Silesia
Is your part polish, german or Czech. I can't answer for others but I want SoD as it gives an army for me and someone else for £60 and it has square bases so I can play fantasy if I find a group that does that
>>
>>55292104
>it gives an army for me and someone else for £60
Oh yes, that's true. SoD is a great deal but it gives you only ~700 pts per side so you have to buy two of these boxes to actually build a playable army. Still, it's the best starting deal but I'm gonna be honest with you - I picked rats because I was a newbie looking for a cheap army to give the AoS a try and I regret this. I mean I regret buying rats, not giving the AoS a try - the game is actually fun as hell.
If I would save more money and buy an army of "my dudes" I would still have fun with them - even if nerfed hard. After GHB17 release I ended up with a crippled army I don't actually like fluff-wise. Sure they were fun as fuck to play with for a newbie and I'm still gonna use them for skirmish but now they are no longer appealing to me - their only advantage (being both cheap and effective) just gone. Now they are mediocre at best as a mixed-clan army and re-making themas a pure skryre is not really this cheap. So if you like rats then try to hunt down the SoD box but if you want to pick them just because they are cheap - don't do it mate, just don't
>Is your part polish, german or Czech
Polish, sadly
>>
File: Morrowind_conceptart.jpg (353KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind_conceptart.jpg
353KB, 900x700px
Any ideas about how I would go about painting stormcast like they have bonemold armour?

And what bits i should use to give mohawks to everyone
>>
>>55291009
I really like the sylvaneth line, but my heart belongs to elves so I'm just twiddling my thumbs
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Why are skaven getting so shafted by GW? The allegiances are CLEARLY made by someone who doesn't understand how they play and what abilities synergize well, and definitely doesn't understand the lore.

>clanrats are still not battleline for all allegiances even though their lore specifically says that they are affiliated with many different clans
>thanquol & boneripper don't have moulder or skryre keywords even though Boneripper is clearly a moulder creation and uses skryre tech
>skryre battle trait gives bravery for every 10 models but only two unit types can be taken as more than 10 units making the rule a fucking joke
>allegiance abilities and artifacts are a joke and none of them apply to all units in an army like other allegiances for other armies
>people who play skryre are choosing to use chaos allegiance because the new one is such a fucking joke
>removing tons of unique heroes and replacing them with nothing
>skaven are getting tons of attention with the release of Vermintide 2 and total war 2 but GW doesn't give a rat's ass about the tabletop
>>
>>55292432
Cry me a river, my handgunners and artillery are 2 separate armies now
>>
>>55292432
>clanrats are still not battleline for all allegiances
But they are. Clanrats are a universal battleline unit for chaos
>>
>>55292034

Yeah I already know I need more numbers, I was just listing what I have so far.

I do eventually plan on picking up more skeletons and zombies. Mainly just wanted to know if the consistency of my army is decent enough?

>>55291938

Yeah I was thinking of dropping the ghouls. I have a Varghulf, but I feel as if that and the ghouls don't really belong, so I might just sell those to afford more of the stuff I already have
>>
>>55292475

>in the lore clanrats can be affiliated with skryre
>lack the ability to choose a clan keyword to use skryre allegiance abilities

Why even have allegiance abilities for skryre if it's not going to benefit them at all? Meanwhile death global save works for all death models, not just subfactions.
>>
>>55292545
Ah, you mean something like this. Sorry, I misunderstood you
>>
File: gs.png (9KB, 197x415px) Image search: [Google]
gs.png
9KB, 197x415px
Have you ever played with an auto-tabled army just because you liked the models?
>>
Is the Ruinbringer Warband worth the 180 pts in a pure Cavalry focused Slaves to Darkness army? The bonus seems strong, but is it worth the pts? Could get 5 more Knights or 2 Chariots for the same price.
>>
In Spear of Shadows there are Nagash-worshippers distributing pamphlets.

Check more info here:
http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/5839-general-aos-lore-thread/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-129812
>>
>>55292710
any more details on that?
>>
File: 1503253910436.jpg (152KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503253910436.jpg
152KB, 1000x1000px
>>55292678
Jesus christ anon what are you doing?!

Where are the warmachines or Troggoths? Where are the squigs?

I mean, sure play what you like but at least hace utility. My Moonclan got squigs, a warmachine, troggoths, fanatics and moonclan grots. Even that could likely smash its way through your core infantry.
>>
>>55292515
>selling models
>ever
don't do it.
if you have painted stuff and sell it, one day you WILL regret it.
>>
>>55293142
I just slapped the shit I already have together. I have a proper chaos army but meantime I was buying some destruction models if the discount was really nice
>>
File: gunbusters.jpg (76KB, 736x477px) Image search: [Google]
gunbusters.jpg
76KB, 736x477px
>>55292678
-Gunbusters- 1960pt Destruction

-Tyrant with Great Gutgouger, Battle Brew, Ravager
-Butcher with Cauldron
-Butcher with Cauldron

12 Ogors with Blades and Iron Fists
6 Leadbelchers
6 Leadbelchers
6 Leadbelchers
6 Leadbelchers
>>
>>55292710
I like the recent fluff about Ironjawz killin a chaos stronghold, then propping up all the bodies on the battlements like scarecrows to lure in some Stormcast for an even better fight,
>>
>>55293284
Oh right well fair enough then. Bit sad that while the night goblins got a fair bit of love, the original orcs got kinda shafted.
>>
>>55293174

well unfortunately I can't really work right now because of chemotherapy, so if I want new models I pretty much have to recycle old stuff and sell models I'm not using.

Sucks to suck, oh well.
>>
>>55292338
>sadly
Does your family stretch back to when it Bohemian/ Austrian
And yeah I'm thinking of getting scourge privateers or all mounted WoC
>>
>>55293092
All the details are on the link I posted.
>>
File: 20170908_190005.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_190005.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
What are you working on /aosg/?
>>
>>55293455
>Does your family stretch back to when it Bohemian/ Austrian
IIRC my mother has found information about our ancestors living in Silesia since 1800 but this doesn't matter desu. I said "sadly" because silesian citizens are treated by each polish government like some kind of subhuman. Hell, last year the ruling party parliamentarian was suggesting that people if people are demanding ethnic minority rights for silesians then they should be shoot down
>>
>>55293347
Yeah, that's sucks. I love the goofy look of orcs and grots models so I was buying them every time I found a big discount.
>Where are the warmachines or Troggoths? Where are the squigs?
Is there any playable 1000pts list for the greenskinz that actually use mostly greenskinz units?
>>
Anyone Wana give me a price estimate on this army?

King Louen
Paladin Standard Bearer
Damsel (2 on foot, 2 on horse)
Fey enchantress, resin
Bretonnian Lord on mount
3 Pegasus Knights
24 knights of the realm
6 knights errant
5 grail knights
Trebuchet with crew
7 converted questing knights
90 total peasant bowmen
47 men-at-arms
5 mounted Yeomen
13 stakes
Extra parts

About 90% painted, 95% put together.

I'm getting rid of them, I've got too much backlog, and as much as I love them, i can't keep them gathering dust at home.
>>
>>55293933
How much for the lot? Also, you gonna be ebaying it all?
>>
>>55293663
Not our fault your countrymen are LARPing as a "country". Silesia is rightful German clay. The rest of your shitty "country" belongs to Russia.
Poland is just an imaginary "nation". Your shitty ZCGBRZCZGLY language is a violation of human rights anyway.
>>
>>55293969
Probably, but idk price wise, that's what I was asking
>>
File: shadow aelves.jpg (417KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shadow aelves.jpg
417KB, 1280x1024px
>55290460

please be the next thing
>>
File: caradryan incarnate of fire.jpg (60KB, 566x638px) Image search: [Google]
caradryan incarnate of fire.jpg
60KB, 566x638px
>55291047
>Ehh you mean Malekith was also too weak to withstand the flames.

you obviously never read the end times books. The short version is that bad people who wanted to be in charge of the aelves used magic to burn Malekith when he tried the fire test, then the same bad people used magic to make the next guy not get burned when he really should have been burned.

you need to go back to /wfg/ >>55280790

Malekith is the true king of all the aelves
>>
>>55293985
Why so mad Anon? If you wanted to trigger me by offending poles then you missed hard - I don't like them as much as they don't like me and other Silesians so you can say whatever you want about them but don't use any "your countrymen" or "your language". I have my Godka and my Hajmat - Silesians tried to fix this country few times but poles don't even understand what the self-government or civil society stands for - monkey received the watch and broke it
>>
>>55293604
make the scales and skin different colors. Purple goes with yellow
>>
>>55293933
Ill buy it. post a link when you sell
>>
>>55293933
about tree fiddy
>>
>>55293450
Shit sorry to hear that m8
Yeah sell your shit off and go with something that you like.
Deathrattle is supposed to get an update, plus you get shadespire skeles (which will get AoS rules), and that new herald of nagash is supposed to work with all of death.

I think Flesheaters have had their release and wont get updates for a while, so youll be safe sticking to Deathrattle and soulblight
>>
>>55292678
I played mortal slaanesh before the new GHB rules.
Ill keep playing them now that they are better.

Play what you like and what you like to paint.
You will be painting, building models and making lists 90% of the time. Only 10% is gaming for most people. So play what you love.
There is always the possibilities of things getting nerfed so if you just play whats gud, youll end up with paperweights that you don't even like.
My Chaos Lord on Manticore was 300 points of shit, but I liked it so I got one and painted it.
Now hes 50 points less and I can use him in my army, so I already had one painted up and now he'll see the table.
>>
File: 20170909_020300.jpg (440KB, 1474x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170909_020300.jpg
440KB, 1474x1836px
>>55293604
Gonna paint this magnificent bastard tomorrow.
Also I think that my corax primer might be fucked up. The Chaos black one covers my models smoothly. On the other hand Corax is powdery and grainy - it looks like a hoarfrost
>>
>>55293757
Not sure but even before a combined arms list was still a better way to go.
>>
Helooooooo duardin steamtank!
>>
>>55294630
I think the white pigment is bigger because its they same with army painter.
I zenithal prime, so I do black and then spray white at a high angle.
Both my black and white are from Army Painter and the white is always grainy and chalky. The black is smooth
>>
>>55294182
it's just a basecoat bro
>>
I don't keep up with fantasy lore, I just know a big fucking nuke happened and the world shattered. so why are there now those big golden fuckers and out of game do they take the place of space marines in 40k of an easy to start and play army?
>>
>>55294879
>go go power rangers, mighty dwarfin power rangers
>MASTODON

how fun and easy to paint are lizardudes? WHII got me kinda pumped.
>>
>>55294976
Yes, Sigmarines are a chapter which can be played in both games, however you require the generals hand book for fantasy and 'warhammer 40,000 index imperium 1 Adeptus Astartes' for use in 40k
>>
>>55295002
They're all naked so it can get monotone.
But if you mix it up you can unleash your imagination with wild colors.

As for difficulty? Easy!
They're much less clumped together than other factions, they're lean and somewhat flat, with open and extended poses. Their details aren't very baroque and if you want you can paint all their flesh in one color and all accessories in gold.
>>
>>55294976
They are the human dudes in big armor that are easy to paint and overupdated with content that space marines are in 40k. Though lore wise they're completely different and in my opinion pretty sweet, while I find SM pretty boring.
as with any overly-pushed army, their sales are overwhelmingly supporting the game, but they've developed quite the legion of salty faggots who shitpost about them or ironically pretend to be big fans to troll people.

>>55293604
I'm doing skin layers for my mournfang cavalry!
>>
>>55292007
I actually just ordered one off GW. I'm impressed that it's going away and the Canadian site still had it, since our localization is fucked normally. Haven't been able to buy Handgunners since AoS released.
>>
>>55295138
Yep handgunners and DE infantry hasn't been restocked on the British site for ages
>>
File: skes.jpg (105KB, 619x843px) Image search: [Google]
skes.jpg
105KB, 619x843px
>>55294976
Don't call them Sigmarines! They are totally new and totally unique.
There is nothing like them! Yes they are easy to start and play, that's why everyone should play them!
Ignore the dinosaurs, rats, chaos crazies, flying blimp dwarves and ugly undead.
You DO want good saves right?
You DO want EZ painting with everyone being painted the same and looking the same right?
You DO want the cool and unique fluff of working for the Emperor right?

Well what are you waiting for? Get the AoS Boxed set. And don't forget to trade those weak and stupid Khorne guys in the box for more stormcast!
>>
>>55295043
>>55295285
so like yeah as you can see exactly what I said lol
>>
>>55295138
You're Canadian? Where do you play?
>>
>>55291009
Tzeentch and sc vanguard both really appeal to me RN
>>
>>55295285
I'm sorry I don't play your hobby enough to get your sarcasm. I hope you're really mad that someone was asking about your hobby, I was only trying to learn.

You fucking faggot
>>55295312
mm, right on cue too.
>>
>>55292395
Eldar harlequine mohawks.
>>
>>55292432
Get fucked reddit rats.
>>
>>55291009
Probably going to pick up blightwar tomorrow. The only stormcast kits I don't have are the vanguard stuff, so it would complete my collection.
>>
>>55295453
It's a phenomenon almost purely found online. In person the community has been quite nice and friendly. Lots of new people, and a decent amount of old dudes just excited about the game from what I've seen. Smelly grognards mostly stuck with fantasy alternatives, so the average odor has improved as well.

Online 99% of people complain about sigmarines and skaven getting screwed. In person people are generally happy but they don't much like waac lists.
>>
>>55295573
>99% of people

Or actually very few with far too much time on their hands
>>
File: 1504191060321.jpg (189KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
1504191060321.jpg
189KB, 600x730px
>>55295565
>>
>>55295334
Not him, but south east Ontario
>>
So how do you anons like your skelebros?

Clean and white like they just came out of a College Classroom, or more of an earthy brown/tan?

I was thinking of doing my basic skeletons as all dirty and muddy like they were just risen, and making Graveguard clean and white, to denote their more "elite" status
>>
>>55297875
Frozen, ice themed, with glowing blues and blacks to contrast the bone. Ice covered armor, rusty weapons.
>>
>>55294879
Yeah that just looks silly.
>>
Have any of you lot converted a Keeper of Secrets? I really need one for my Hosts but I just refuse to buy that ugly mini. My current idea was to fuse a Fiend, the Boobworm and an old Daemonette but people have been saying that'll be too small.
>>
File: shitty.png (642KB, 1159x634px) Image search: [Google]
shitty.png
642KB, 1159x634px
Reikland fleshshade v drucchi violet for best shade ever.

WHICH WILL WIN?

REPLY TO VOTE
>>
>>55299268
Druchii violet all the way
>>
>>55299268
reikland fleshshade

has more applications as a neutral shading color than a stark specific pallette color. it's like a lighter agrax earthshade
>>
File: 1425053642563.jpg (26KB, 268x241px) Image search: [Google]
1425053642563.jpg
26KB, 268x241px
>>55299255
>keeper of secrets
>ugly
>>
>>55299310
Its fucking hideous
>>
>>55291270
Seems alright for casual play against your friends but if you wanted to bring it into a store, consider dumping them and playing Stormcast Eternals instead.
>>
>>55299321
okay even if that's true (which it isn't) he's trying his best
>>
>>55299358
He's clearly not trying his best because he's still finecast.
>>
>>55293663
>Pump the place full of money because otherwise subhuman miners go full retard and burn the capital down
>Retards still want to be their own nationality even though 90% of them can barely write

I wish we could switch to nuclear or even fucking solar so the whole region could burn in hell where it belongs, the ever-whining entitled german rape babies that they are.
>>
>>55299268
Nuln Oil
>>
>>55299464
This. Most useful wash.
>>
>>55299464
Love this guys
>>
>>55299480
>>55299481
Suck my dick more
>>
>>55299538
hold on, i need to pour some nuln oil
>>
>>55299538
Better put it in Nuln Oil pot.
>>
>>55299538
Only if there's a thin coat of nuln oil on it.
>>
Hey guys, I'm playing vanguard; 1k pts. How's my list?

>Soulblight
>Leader: Vampire Lord on Nightmare
>BL: 2x5 Blood Knights
>2x Bat Swarms
>Allies: Mortis Engine

Exactly 1k. Will use bats to shield BKs from shooters, Lord to buff/debuff as needed, and ME to do mortal wounds and AoE heal/damage.
>>
>>55299268
Personally my favourite is Agrax. But out of those two i'd have to pick Reikland, I haven't really used Druchii violet too much.
>>
>>55299712
It's hard to say. But I think it could work.
It will depend on your local meta. Because I can see these guys being bogged down by swarms and if you're unfortunate get hit with mortal wounds till you have nothing left.

But it looks solid enough as a starting list.
>>
>>55299738
I'm banking on the 30 D3 damage charges with the Templar weapons for my BKs, then heal them with their natural regen and the engine. I've run a few rounds where the battleshock tests from the initial charge was enough to wipe out Darkshards and whatever those spear guys are in the Darkling Covens horde battalion are.
>>
>Abhorrant ghoul king on Terrorgeist
Or
> Abhorrant ghoul king
>Terrorgeist
First variant is little bit cheaper, but gives you less mobility.
>>
>>55294082
Maybe you should read it again. Nobody tampered with the flames. If malekith had withstood the flames for just a few more seconds he would have been reborn like his father was. His will was too weak and thusly he was not reborn.

That didn't stop Asuryen from cursing the future Phoenix Kings and Malekith should have been king but in the end, him getting maimed by the flames was his own 'fault'
>>
>>55299809
That bit never made sense to me. Because I remember in the 6th ed there was a story about how malekith returned to ulthuan and stepped through the flames, didn't get burned, and just did that to prove a point.

Like I know Matt ward is a bad lorewriter, but I really dislike what he did to the elves (but I must admit, being able to annoy my high elf playing friends by having it be canon that Malekith was right is something i'll savor for a while)
>>
>>55299255
People have done amazing things with a verminlord and assorted bits.
>>
In what book the SCE join an Ironjawz Waaaagh?

Because that sounds funny
>>
>>55299780
Basically, do you want a terrorgheist that regenerates, can take relics and is better in melee? Or do you want a terrorgheist without that as well as a general that will spend all day hiding in a cupboard?
>>
>>55299885
I honestly liked the idea that all elven kings after Mal basically just wore an asbestos suit when stepping through the flames
>>
Thinking about my deathrattle colorscheme. Dont really know what scheme I will use. Thinking about going the traditional red with purple on some units. Happy for input!
>>
>>55299917

Book 7 of the realmgate wars series: The fury of gork.
>>
>>55299951
Yeah that I liked that part too. But it also meant that Imrik wasn't as cool as I thought he was in the olden days.
>>
>>55299255
Not a conversion, it's the Creature Caster version.

There is a cheesecake version too, but if you want that you are garbage.
>>
>>55300041
I mostly play in a GW so I can't really use a non-GW Keeper
>>
File: cat1991bp247rcksecrets-00.jpg (91KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cat1991bp247rcksecrets-00.jpg
91KB, 856x1200px
>>55300128
Then take an oldhammer KoS.

The day a new plastic KoS came out, the oldhammer one will still remain a vintage classic you can display proudly.
The modern KoS will just be forgotten and nobody will ever care about it ever again.
>>
File: 99120216006_GorghonNEW01.jpg (36KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120216006_GorghonNEW01.jpg
36KB, 600x620px
>>55300128
Or just convert a Ghorgon.
You just need to give him a sword and some Slaaneshi bits
>>
>>55300175
That's actually not a bad idea, the mini is way nicer than the current one, if a bit small. Could give him a nice display base to make up for the height.

>>55300203
I could probably make a hybrid of this and a Verminlord work, with a lot of green stuff.
>>
>>55291926
WUZ OGORZ N SHIET
>>
Anyone know where you can find the Adepticon Results/Army lists?

I pulled this Tzeentch list just off of a player that played in the tourney

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2017/03/30/adepticon-aos-tournament-report-free-peoples-go-4-1/

But I typed the army into the Warscroll builder and I got 1800 points WITHOUT the 320 reinf. pts for the Bloodthirster 2120 pnts total. Unless I missed something? Here it is if you want to check it out

Mission: 4 terrain pieces as progressive objectives.
Opponent: Travis and his Tzeentch Chaos army.
List:
Gaunt Summoner: General, Illusionist, Fold Reality spell
Tzaangor Shaman: Aura of Mutability, Treacherous Bond spell
The Blue Scribes: Bolt of Tzeentch
Tzaangors x 20
Pink Horrors x 10
Chaos Warriors x 20: MoT
Tzaangor Skyfires x 6
Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs x 3
320 points in summoning pool: Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury
>>
>>55300248
Wasn't Adepticon using the old General's Handbook? If so then that's the problem, Warscroll builder has already had its points updated.
>>
>>55294564
Got a Slanny list?

>inb4 lizard list
>>
File: skavenwarlord-4da15e4.jpg (113KB, 1024x1223px) Image search: [Google]
skavenwarlord-4da15e4.jpg
113KB, 1024x1223px
>>55292432
>Skryre player complaining that he's the one getting shafted
>>
>>55300248
>Tzeentchian army
>summoning a Bloodthirster
Disgusting.
>>
>>55300300
Oh.. Dang. I figured since the tourny was post GHB2017 it would use the new rules...

I'm starting to go fucking crazy trying to find a competitive list. Used to play Skaven in WHFB new to AoS but it seems impossible to find anyone talking about meta.
>>
>>55300385
Tzeentch tricks Khorne into attacking shit all the time in the fluff, its fine
>>
>>55300385
How do you figure? The Change is real.
>>
>>55300404
>I'm starting to go fucking crazy trying to find a competitive list
Then don't

>it seems impossible to find anyone talking about meta.
AoS isn't exactly competitive oriented.
You can do competitive, but really, the random turn sequences scared a lot of the most hardcore guys.
You can find some, but most AoS players play casual.
>>
Am confused, how does a Skeleton Warrior's banner work in Skirmish games?

Does it work as written and I get 1d6 slain warriors back each turn? That sounds stupidly broken in skirmish.
If so, does the skeleton im reviving need to have died within 6" or do I just need to set it up withing 6"?
>>
Ok, so I am coming back from 8th edition WFB.
What effect do the bases have on the game? It is worth it or necessary to rebase all my models?
>>
>>55300761
Necessary no, but highly recommended.

Check if the players in your area cares or not.
>>
>>55300761
RAW no
But most people play with base contact so they don't have to measure an inch for all melee weapons
>>
>>55300748
Just don't working, like, for example, Supernatural Horror.
>>
Looking at adding some feathers to my new Seraphon models. Any good sources for them? I'm not great at green stuff but I've got 10 years experience kitbashing and coverting Orks.
>>
>>55291926
I like it. I was thinking about making some aran-themed Ogors eventually, as a 1k list. Black to mulatto skin on everyone, gonna clone this head for everyone besides the Tyrant and use the araby man-eater as my general.

1000pts

>1x Tyrant
>3x Leadbelchers
>3x Leadbelchers
>3x Leadbelchers
>1x Ironblaster
>1x Ironblaster
>1x Ironblaster

Thoughts?
>>
>>55301023
>Aran themed ogres
Since when was Samus Aran black
>>
>>55300794
>>55300842
What oval bases work best for regular cavalry? the 60x35mm ones?
>>
>>55301544
Yeah, gonna be fine
>>
How is this 1k Soulblight list?

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon
Vampire Lord with wings
2x 3 Vargheist
2 Batswarms
>>
>>55301600
Good luck with objective-based scenarios/10 I think
>>
>>55301641
Didn't say, but it's for a specific mission (Battle for the Artefact, 5 players Triumph & Treachery)
>>
>>55301650
Then if you feel that such a low model count is enough to cover the board - I think it's fine. I want to start an elite army too so I find this list appealing
>>
we have never seen dracothion and sotek in the same place at the same time

COINCIDENCE??
>>
>>55302561
We haven't seen Nurgle and Sigmar in the same room either

COINCIDENCE??
>>
>>55302588
DON'T TAKE ADVICE FROM CANNIBAL HITLER
>>
>>55302561

Malerion is Dracothion

Who is also Sotek
>>
>>55302894
So sotek was a sorcerous illusion back in wfb?
>>
File: IMG_7857.jpg (310KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7857.jpg
310KB, 682x1024px
>>55292432
Pestilens is still good. And people called my army trash last edition.
>>
>>55292432
>REEEEEEEEEE why doesnt GW accept my headcanon for how things SHOULD be!???
>>
>>55303486
Pestilens was always good. I played against a 120 rat list at a tournament. Fucking hell that was a nightmare. Might be a bit weaker now with the nerf to crown of command though.
>>
File: IMG_8161.jpg (114KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8161.jpg
114KB, 700x700px
>>55303565
They get a +2 bravery bonus for every 10 monks in a unit. Plus those prayers are now scary if you trigger a plague.
>>
File: 1402521464248.gif (519KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1402521464248.gif
519KB, 500x280px
>mfw I still have to wait 3 days for my giant rats and some bits for objective markers
Have you ordered something recently?
>>
>>55304221
Bought some Pink Horrors off a guy in a buy/trade group, then gonna start saving for the FW Keeper of Secrets
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (26KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
26KB, 400x513px
Soon
>>
File: khaine.jpg (257KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
khaine.jpg
257KB, 1280x1024px
>>55299809
>If malekith had withstood the flames for just a few more seconds he would have been reborn like his father was.

yeah except that he literally did withstand the flames and get reborn. I swear you need to actually read the end times books. But since you didn't won't maybe you need to go back to /wfg >>55280790
>>
I'm not sure I understand what the good qualities of Orks are and how to capitalize on them. Specifically the stuff in the Ironjaws SC box. Can anyone help?
>>
>>55304478
>yeah except that he literally did withstand the flames and get reborn
Yeah, but anon was talking about the first time he stepped into the flames. He used no protection and was too weak then.
The second time he entered the flames he was stronger.
The whole thing with elven civil war, sundering, thousands years of bloodshed and killing each other was just Asuryan way to make elves stronger.
>>
File: 1477318969145.jpg (189KB, 691x898px) Image search: [Google]
1477318969145.jpg
189KB, 691x898px
>>55304710
Glass cannon - hit hard as quick as you can. Warchanter is a good ironjawz buffer, ardboyz are useful for objective catching. What you really want is to build the pic related for smaller games
>>
>>55304478
The burned skin is his punishment for failing the first time.
>>
File: Tyrion_2.jpg (95KB, 485x588px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrion_2.jpg
95KB, 485x588px
>>55304742
why come you not on team Tyrion?
>>
>>55304478
So Khaine is dead but the Daughters of Khaine are still a thing?
>>
>>55305082
>So Khaine is dead but the Daughters of Khaine are still a thing?

yep.

The kits for witch elves, sisters of slaughter, caudron of blood, bloodwrack shrine are really new and they decided to just keep selling them without even bothering to come up with a fluff explanation for their existence.
>>
>>55305596
Does anyone know if the Aelfs are in any way mentally affected by being digested/raped in Slaanesh's stomach for so long?
>>
>>55305643
>Does anyone know if the Aelfs are in any way mentally affected by being digested/raped in Slaanesh's stomach for so long?
Nope, they areb't usual mortals (if we are talking about guys from Realms of Shadow and Light)
>>
>>55305596
Actually those kits were meant to be released during The End Times with Khaine books but someone in GW decided to release them earlier, with 8th edtion Army Book.
>>
>>55305643
>Does anyone know if the Aelfs are in any way mentally affected by being digested/raped in Slaanesh's stomach for so long?

its actually even stupider. There is literally zero explanation for any elf existing in the new setting. In the end times they literally all died, eaten by Slaanesh. In the new setting they are yout "there" an GW doesn't even bother to explain how.
>>
>>55305863
>There is literally zero explanation for any elf existing in the new setting.
There is no elfs in setting, only Aelfs, race created from the elvesn souls
>>
>>55305863
Apparently how it works is that Tyrion & guys managed to make Slaanesh puke all the souls he/she/it eaten. Thus the Aelfs are supposed to be reborn Elves. I'm curious if Caledor is among them.
>>
>>55305940
>. Thus the Aelfs are supposed to be reborn Elves.
Nope
>>
File: IMG_20170909_201245_edit.jpg (214KB, 1600x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170909_201245_edit.jpg
214KB, 1600x853px
look what i got in the mail today! paint quality is as expected so i'm using them tomorrow in a game at my lgs

for the anon who asked in last thread; if only they where near my own colorscheme, i'd rebased them and maybe do some touch ups and have left it at that. but i'm doing a snow/winter so my beastmen are white
>>
>>55305940
>Apparently how it works is that Tyrion & guys managed to make Slaanesh puke all the souls he/she/it eaten.

actually no. Tyrion, Teclis, and Malekith teamed up and found the cave where Slaanesh was taking a nap and caught him. Apparently Slaanesh was too lethargic and fat from eating the elf souls to run away.

And that is the end of the story. Literally nothing else exists in the official fluff about the subject.
>>
File: 99120201048_MarauderHorsemen01.jpg (80KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201048_MarauderHorsemen01.jpg
80KB, 600x620px
Have the point cost reduction made marauder horsemen viable, or should I use allies if I want shooting in a slaves to darkness list
>>
File: tumblr_m5d514i7E21rx6fg1o1_1280.jpg (339KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5d514i7E21rx6fg1o1_1280.jpg
339KB, 1280x640px
>>55305940
>Caledor

didn't survive the end times. Not part of the new setting.
>>
>>55306125
>Morathi
didn't survive the end times. Part of the new setting.

Explain this.
>>
marauders are such trash models
>>
File: 1504798357269.png (3MB, 1809x849px) Image search: [Google]
1504798357269.png
3MB, 1809x849px
>>55306202
>Explain this.

there are no good explanations for anything related to Aelves in AOS
>>
>>55306381
Give it time
>>
>>55304368
There he is!
>>
>>55299339
>implying i dont already have 5000 points of stormcast ive fluffed to work along my sylvaneth
>>
Can the Soulblight artefact Saccharine Goblet be used more than once?
>>
File: Stormboy marble.jpg (457KB, 844x992px) Image search: [Google]
Stormboy marble.jpg
457KB, 844x992px
Opinions about this SCE colour scheme?

I would follow this video for the marble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0pGumGvczc&t=64s&list=WL&index=29

I'm pretty determined to make it because in theory looks patrician as fuck, but i'll try it first with a box of just 3 miniatures
>>
>>55306544
Well, it's bee like 2 years and we have nothing.
>>
>>55307265
>picrelated
anime/10
>>
>>55307265
It's neat. The marble effect seems to be an advanced painting technique so good luck and remember to share some pics after painting
>>
>>55307265
I think it would look gorgeous (if pulled off well) with a green marble base as well.
>>
>>55307486
Thanks! I'll surely do, but I'll need time

>>55308043
That's also interesting... I might try that one out
>>
File: 1490227872288.jpg (47KB, 496x244px) Image search: [Google]
1490227872288.jpg
47KB, 496x244px
So do you think we will ever figure out how Chaos Dwarfs survived the end times and how they came back in the Mortal Realms?
>>
>>55308043
incubi darkness would be the base, then probs some kalabite/sybarite green with coelia greenshade like nagash's robes and the nuln oil to make it darker
>>
>>55308170
It's said in ET that the most favored champions were picked up.
>>
>>55308308
But didn't they mostly get slaughtered by Grimgor?

Why would they be considered favored for losing Zharr Naggrund? Unless Khorne and Hashut picked em up because they are the best Blacksmiths of Chaos.
>>
>>55308346
Lots of chaos guys get second shots. The Glottkin are still here.
>>
File: a-1.jpg (97KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
a-1.jpg
97KB, 694x530px
>>55307317
>Well, it's bee like 2 years and we have nothing.

right there with you aelf bro
>>
damn that's hot... so this is legit daemon prince for AOS too right?
>>
File: Stormboy blank (2).jpg (214KB, 844x992px) Image search: [Google]
Stormboy blank (2).jpg
214KB, 844x992px
>>55307265
Also, I'll just leave the blank one here, for those who also want to try out some SCE colour schemes
>>
>>55308473
No
>>
>>55308473
I woudn't say no to anyone who uses Morti as a Nurgle Daemon prince in AoS, honestly
>>
File: 1404703567089.png (125KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1404703567089.png
125KB, 300x300px
>The riptide-spam type of waacfag asked about the best competitive army in AoS after the GHB17 release because he need a break from 40k (his group kicked him off)
>He said that he doesn't want to waste his time on reading about combos and tactics in the game for kids because he's gonna play AoS just for a while
>Whine that he wants to get the best out-of-box army asap
>My friend told him that greenskinz boyz spam is secretly the top-tier now and they will get a battletome soon
>mfw guy told us today that he ordered 2 greenskinz SC boxes and 6 boxes of boyz
The meme is real
>>
>>55308390
Lookin on the article on 1d4chan, it never explicitly says Drazhoath the Ashen dies, nor does it say the Black Fortress was destroyed. Did he actually survive I guess?
>>
>>55308521
>making a WAACfag play greenskinz

You fucking savage
>>
>>55308652
My friend was joking just to get rid of this guy. Who the fuck is buying an army with no proper research about the fuckin game
>>
>>55308777
That is still one of the cruelest things anyone could have done.

please tell us when he plays his first game and gets utterly stomped
>>
I'm on the lookout for some inspiration for a Nurgle Daemon Prince and as such would love to see what your Daemon Princes look like anons!

>>55299255
Imma go ahead and post some conversions for Keeper of Secrets/ Slaaneshi Daemon Princes that I like. Let me know if you like any of them.
>>
File: JRHJiu0.jpg (300KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
JRHJiu0.jpg
300KB, 720x707px
>>55308834
>>
File: KoSdone1.jpg (599KB, 700x943px) Image search: [Google]
KoSdone1.jpg
599KB, 700x943px
>>55308889
>>
>>55308902
>>
File: img57548552cc8c7.jpg (134KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
img57548552cc8c7.jpg
134KB, 720x960px
>>55308921
>>
>>55308943
>>
File: IMG_0096.jpg (789KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0096.jpg
789KB, 3264x2448px
interrupting slaaneshposting to give you my unfinished project. any questions, comments and shitposting welcomed.
>>
>>55309068
damn phone messing with my picture
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1475504387845.jpg (3MB, 1920x2690px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1475504387845.jpg
3MB, 1920x2690px
>>55309068
Looking spooky. Those giant skulls came with the throne right? It's too bad the new version of the kit has less stuff now. I've been looking for skulls like that for a project.

Here's some wip pics of my KoS conversion for anyone who's who wants inspiration. Bonus pic of herald included as well.
>>
>>55309188
that looks great anon
>>
same deathfag here from the project, there are no sources telling you how to paint black warpstone, how would one do this?
>>
>>55309188
>Dat base on the seeker

Did you pin it? Do those bases hold up over time?
>>
File: KoS.jpg (94KB, 600x1117px) Image search: [Google]
KoS.jpg
94KB, 600x1117px
>>55299255
mine.
>>
>>55309786
Looks cool anon
>>
File: htfu.png (676KB, 860x580px) Image search: [Google]
htfu.png
676KB, 860x580px
>>55309068
>>
>>55309866
'Not the time to lose one's head.'
'That's not the way to get ahead in life.'
'It's a shame he wasn't more headstrong.'
'He'll never be the head of a major corporation.'
>>
>>55309866
fuckin' saved
>>
File: sizr.jpg (67KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
sizr.jpg
67KB, 800x504px
>>55309837
He's a big guy.
>>
File: IMG_1722.jpg (150KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1722.jpg
150KB, 873x627px
Hey I haven't played WHFB since 5th edition but I've watched the change to AoS from afar. I had previously sold my collection and want to start again with Lizardmen/Seraphom.

Can anyone give me some direction on what to buy after my first Start Collecting box? hopefully pic related at some point because it just looks so cool.

Thanks for any help/advice!
>>
>>55309914
Yes buy that. Bastilladons aren't effected by rend and kick ass.

The Solar beam is better than the snake ark thing, so give him the solar beem.

Get a slaan too
>>
>>55309786
Neat.jpg
>>
>>55309908
I like the DP on the left.
>>
>>55309914
You need a Slann mate - he's a must-have
>>
>>55304710
Get ironjawz. Get brutes.
Now that rampaging destroyers is fucking useless, you MUST use an ironfist for all your infantry. Enjoy your 160 tax every game
>>
>>55309914
>>55309937
Slaan for sure, gotcha. And I'll get a bastilodon and build it as a solar engine. Thanks!

Any merit in getting more get started kits? Are any stegadon builds better than others?
>>
How does the following sound to you guys.

A single player Skirmish campaign, with someone taking on the role of "dungeon master"

They plot out several encounters that make sense from a story perspective. In between matches, the "player character" makes decisions that influence who will join the warband and the direction of the story.
>>
>>55310430
would play/10
>>
>>55310430
I was thinking about making tables like the monster behavior charts in Silver Tower for AI encounters for skirmish, because my girlfriend wants to play it cooperatively. Sounds fun too though.
>>
>>55310430
Sounds pretty god damn interesting desu.
>>
>>55310474
>>55310475
>>55310583

Was thinking it'd make for an interesting experience. Only reason I havnt done it yet already is because ideally I'd want a variety of enemies for the player to face.

Some skeletons, some skaven, some regular bandits, etc.
Would really help to create a sense of a tangible world.

Maybe something like Chapter One you come across some bandits tormenting merchants on a road.
Help the merchants? Later on, they'll provide a relic so you get to choose an allegience specific relic. But the bandits will catch you later on and a small force will join an unrelated battle.

Stuff like that. Might start planning one now.
>>
>>55310683
Seems promising. Keep us posted.
>>
>>55310430
Sounds like Realm Quest

https://youtu.be/8XCQxkKgbTI

This guy made it up for AoS when it came out.
>>
File: 1495343730500.png (166KB, 890x661px) Image search: [Google]
1495343730500.png
166KB, 890x661px
Genuinely curious but what makes Greenskinz so much worse to Spiderfang or Moonclan Grots? Moonclan won a tourney and Spiderfang dob't seem awful. So whats wrong with the vanilla Orcs?
>>
>>55310430
We've played this way except as 1k matches instead of skirmish, which I'd like to get into.

Next one I run will be a 3 player one DM semi-coop break-in at the vaults of frostpeak. the players use siege rules to break open the duradin guarded vault then have to run treasure from it to objective points on their side while avoiding frost giant npcs and eachother. They work together until the vaults open and then its every man for himself with diplomacy.

the 6 giants are fun, basically the more powerful forgeworld ones but with npc decision trees:
Two like shiny things and will charge people with treasure (if no treasure, the brighter colored/metallic paintjobs).
Two like a good scrap and will charge the closest fighting units.
And two are chaos mayhem gargants, that 18" radius unbind spells and prayers, teleport on a 4+ then can also move on another 4+, always try to hurt the winning player, and explode into 2d6 rabid squigg gobbas when slain.

currently building the duardin guard army and deciding when the giants show up, if they trickle in or come in all at once, and battleplan areas/measurements/terrain/objective areas.
>>
>>55310808
they're boring as fuck and have shitty models.
If you're fine with shitty models and boring lore, bonesplittaz are at least powerful.
If you're fine with kindof sucking, ironjaws at least have great models and great fluff.
If you want to suck and have shitty models and be vanilla fluff-wise, then go with Insert Joke Here.
>>
>>55310910
I meant more so in performance. It reads in these threads like vanilla orcs are just straight up trash.
>>
>>55310963
Its a dice game, so everything has a chance.

Just buy em and worst case ally in some cheese if they aren't strong enough.
Greenskinz Allies are: Aleguzzler Gargants, Bonesplitterz, Gitmob Grots, Ironjawz, Moonclan Grots, Spiderfang Grots, Troggoths
>>
>>55310825
I think I remember you posting about your giant behaviour system a few threads back.
>>
>>55309577
Thanks m8

>>55309625
Yeah it's pinned from the foot through the plastic at the bottom. I find when pinned the bark holds up decently well. Don't try to peel it and it's fine.
>>
>>55310808
Every facet of the faction can be performed far better by every other faction in the Destruction Grand Alliance.
They aren't even a jack of all trades kind of faction, you can literally pull more wins with a completely mixed Destruction army than an all Greenkinz army.
>>
>>55299255
Buy a creature caster one.
>>
>>55310910
Bonesplittaz models are not old . . . they're some of the more recent ones really.
>>
>>55296997
I'm in Toronto. Where do you guys play? How big is the scene?
>>
>>55312826
Kingston, depends on when/if the students are in town. We gain/lose 30 000 people because of the local universities.

Our gaming store used to be the largest one in Canada (by square foot), the Kingston Gaming Nexus. Right now we have 6-7 regulars
>>
>>55307265
How do you people make these custom colour schemes? Is there a generator like there is for space marines?
>>
>>55313102
say hi to shannon for me
>>
>>55299255
I converted a ghorgon
>>
are warherds even worth playing
>>
>>55310808
Moonclan didn't win a tourney, moonclan grots used to be the most efficient battleline and fanatics are pure cheese denying opponents their charges.

The "moonclan" was backed up by a stonehorn and three thundertusks

Ironjawz are ok for pure orcs, but greenskins have never really been updated, they're very mediocre which means they lose to straight cheese
>>
>>55310825
POST YOUR GIANT BEHAVIOR SISTIM PLEASE
>>
>>55309188
>>55309068
>>55308973
>>55308943
>>55308921
>>55308902
>>55308834
Thanks for these, the Deceiver one is really interesting, but I mostly found that I'd probably have to sculpt some breasts since GW doesn't really make any 'big women' parts, and I can't be bothered to do that so I'm just gonna buy the FW Keeper
>>
>>55294879
I really like Mantic dwarves.
>>
>>55314396
I find their dwarves ranging from rather dull to goofy, but I do like that behemoth.

Although I like their forge fathers a lot.
>>
>>55313712
if you think it's cool it's worth painting and playing
>>
File: Silverhelms.jpg (450KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Silverhelms.jpg
450KB, 873x627px
>no elfposting
Soon
>>
Hi guys I started with the game a few weeks ago and got the starter box. I plan to build both armies stormcast and khorne. If I buy the Blightwar box next is it possible to combine the nurgle demons and the khorne army into one?
>>
File: Combined photo.jpg (1MB, 1880x3596px) Image search: [Google]
Combined photo.jpg
1MB, 1880x3596px
I figured i'd post how my 'elfcast' thing is working out. I'm a bit unsure of what to do with the inner cloak. But other than that he's pretty much done.
>>
>>55314664
All elfposting is shitposting; elves ARE shit
>>
>>55314833
>I figured i'd post how my 'elfcast' thing is working out.
Just use Dark Eldars, idiot
>>
>>55314917
Their armour is a bit too inconsistent, since they have random leather studded bits on a lot of their legs/arms. Plus I think the cape makes them look more acceptable as vanguard hunters, if only slightly.
>>
>>55314833
I am rather confused, imo these look pretty bloody similar to regular DE models. Why did you kitbash them with Sisters of Silence?
>>
>>55313738
>Moonclan didn't win a tourney

They did anon

http://facehammer.co.uk/2017/07/06/gt-heat-3-winning-list-squigs/
>>
>>55315027
Full armor and Capes mainly. I did however pick the sisters of silence because of their similarity to DE armor, and therefore dark elven armor in my mind. Helps that they're slightly taller too so they fill out the 40mm bases better.
>>
>>55315046
Fair cop. With that in mind, they look pretty good.
>>
>>55315089
Thanks!
>>
>>55314992
>since they have random leather studded bits on a lot of their legs/arms.
And so?
>>
>>55315570
I didn't feel it made as much sense as a 4+ armour save, really.
>>
>>55308415

Maybe you should take the hint
>>
>>55310047

You don't need to glue either weapon to the Bastilladon, you can swap them out fairly easily.

Personally I think the sneks are super underrated.
I don't think people realize that they allow you to shit out Mortal Wounds at the *start* of *every* combat phase, regardless of who's turn it is.

The Solar Engine is good for sniping off characters, but it's damage is super unreliable in my experience.
>>
>>55313466
Nope, I had to made the blank one myself

I uploaded it too, here it is >>55308483
>>
>>55315658
>I didn't feel it made as much sense as a 4+ armour save, really.
Most of Dark Eldar units armor looks exactly like SoS.
>>
>>55316322
Barring the studded leather bits, no shoulders and no cloaks. Yeah. But I wanted the cloaks because these nerds were supposed to be a bit more like the Stormcast Vanguard Hunters. And the studs were more of a pet peeve. I have a bunch of dark eldar at home so i did consider using them as a base at first.
>>
File: IMG_0873.png (83KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.png
83KB, 750x1334px
Hey /tg/ had a crazy good game with nighthaunt using this list vs mixed skaven deciever, 6 stormfeinds ratogors, mortar team, warp lightning cannon clan rats and a few other heros etc I can't remember.
Placed a Banshee a vamp lord and bats down used the reroll deep strike and the add 2" movement trait and artifact.
Went first banshees scream doesn't need LOS so they screamed behind scenery 10" made about half the charges mournguls did bugger all damage now nerfed. But the spirit hosts did crazy good. Because half my guys failed the charge the stormfeinds had to pop up behind them so lucky they (6 storm fiends ) failed the charge. I could move my back line further away from them closer to the main block and he had to waste a turn moving them got charged by the mournguls and spirit hosts to finish them off.
After failing hard with a soulblight blood knight list with morghasts allies against storm cast I gotta say Nighthaunt is my Jam.
>>
So, I'm stuck with like 40ish pink horrors (some converted to Heralds), 5 screamers, I think 7 flamers, a converted disc herald, a lord of change, and three princes. They're my 5th edition 40k army that just keeps getting more and more worthless without buying twice as many boxes of blue/brim boxes, but daemons are still shit. People are talking about AoS here, so I figured why not.

How does that pile of crap look for AoS? Would I need to add more to this? I get that 3 princes is a bit heavy, but they were my ranged AT choice back then.
>>
>>55316744
Tzeentch changehost formation would work quite well I think. You might have to rejigg a few units but it's pretty close to fitting.
>>
>>55316498
>leather bits,
Where?
>But I wanted the cloaks because these nerds were supposed to be a bit more like the Stormcast Vanguard Hunters.
Then just pick Stormcasts, idiot
>>
>>55316786
Is that in the tzeentch book I guess? Also, seen formations still worth it? I heard they became unreasonably expensive.

Also, I have the Changling. Don't know how I forgot my favorite model (it's the old one)
>>
>>55316811
Yeah that formation is in the tzeentch book. Some formations are still good whislt some might have gotten the short end of the stick.

The changeling is still very good. So you're in luck there too!
>>
>>55316798
Leather bits wasn't the right word, but I did mention the studded bits earlier already.

And what would be the point in using kaballites as stormcasts replacements if i'm supposed to use stormcast guys straight off the bat?
>>
File: 1500039815546.jpg (19KB, 262x246px) Image search: [Google]
1500039815546.jpg
19KB, 262x246px
i cant fine the dwarf Flame Cannon in the handbook 2017. dont tell me it got squatted, i just bought two third party proxies
>>
>>55316843
Yeah seems it's gone. I think it always was a compendium unit though.
>>
>>55314731
I can't really help you as I'm onlonlnoty playing fantasy and not AoS but what do you want from your army in terms of style and gameplay?
If you are going for a mono khorne list there are a couple of other 'start collecting'-boxes that you might be interested in.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Start-Collecting-Khorn-Bloodbound

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Start-Collecting-Slaves-to-Darkness

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Slaves-to-Darkness-Harbingers-of-Ruin

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Start-Collecting-Daemons-of-Khorne
>>
>>55316828
So how good are horrors then? The rule of one seems like it shits pretty hard in their Cheerios.
>>
File: 1485833988903.jpg (102KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485833988903.jpg
102KB, 800x800px
>>55316843
the new book doesnt have a compendium section, does it?
>>
>>55316885
Somewhat. But you need to remember that you can give them spells from the lore you have in the book, since they're both tzeentch and wizards.
>>
>>55316703

Well you hardcountered him seeing as he didn't have much in the way of mortal wound spam against your mournghuls.
>>
>>55316901
Hrm. That's pretty neat, actually. I'll give it a go, then. Should I buy anything else for them? I've been thinking about a SC! Tzeentch box, but idk. Screamers don't look that great, but flamers look brutal. I've always wanted a proper chariot. Is it worthwhile to mix daemons and mortals? Is there a downside?
>>
>>55316999
I think Flamers are good. I've mainly played with horrors and the daemon heroes, since my Tzeentch army was mainly based on arcanites.

But I do agree that screamers are unimpressive.
>>
>>55317048
I guess you're supposed to send screamers at monsters?

So, how should I run horrors, then? Is the +1 hit worth it to go to 20? Or should I just stick to units of 10?
>>
>>55317138
I generally ran them in units of 10, but that was before GHB2017. in 2017 I think it's worth at least having one unit of 20+ characters for contesting objectives and the like.
>>
>>55317169
Hrm. I'll have to see what I have because I know I have an odd number due to converting Heralds. Ugh. Maybe I'll just break down and get a SC! Finally.
>>
>>55290950
>tfw found a place that sells SIB tomb kings for original price, decided to start an army and they're fun, solid AND nice to paint
Feels good lads
>>
File: 1504936270057.png (444KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1504936270057.png
444KB, 540x429px
>>55317533
There are no words to contain the sheet amount of hate and jealousy that I feel. You better enjoy the shit out of them.
>>
>>55317533
>Finds things that can be sold for lots of $$$ or used as a mediocre compendium army that'll never get improvements.

>Starts a compendium army . . .

My inner capitalist screams
>>
>>55317897
Typical capitalist, can't understand 'fun'
>>
>>55317962
Im honestly divided between these two

I'm quite happy for him to find an army he likes to play and even more if said army is pretty hard to find

But at the same time, that army is just mediocre, will never be imporved nor get anything new, and at, let's say Ebay, it could be solt at twice what he's paying for

But hey, if he's happy with it I'm not going to blame him
>>
>>55317962
But money IS fun!

You can use $ to buy a real army!
>>
>>55317962
Fuckin neck yourself commie
>>
>>55313712
Brayherds with Warherd allies are better I think

But yeah you can go warherds and ally in some hounds or gor to cap objectives
>>
>>55316744
You don't need any more horrors because youll need to spend points to split them.

You can run that army as-is and be ok for some fun games.
>>
>>55316843
>I bought 3rd party
>Complain they got removed

Just use them counts-as cannons
>>
>>55318096
That's comforting at least. Is there any reason not to use the LoC? Like, is it too much at 1000pts?
>>
>>55318128
Hes great at any points.
>>
>>55318183
Alright, cool. Soon just used the WS builder to make the list, and it comes out to exactly 2000pts:

Lord of Change
Disc Herald
Changeling
Prince
Prince
Prince

Horrors x20
Horrors x10
Horrors x10
Flamers x3
Flamers x3
Screamers x3

Changehost

The only thing is that I don't know what to do about general traits, spells, and artifacts.
>>
>>55313594
"hey Shannon, some random nerd from the internet says hi"
>>
>>55318219
If you get more models, over time youll want to drop some of the princes, you don't need that many.

You can get some Tzaangor or something more effective.
>>
>>55309937
>The Solar beam is better than the snake ark thing
Nah
>>
File: 1446536767356.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446536767356.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
I want to get into age of sigmar, and I wanted to do high elves since I've grown to love them through secindary media like bloodbowl, but I'm looking and it looks like they got screwed and chopped up into 7 factions and don't even have a starter box.
Should I just buy sepheram or whatever there calling lizardmen or if I'm a pateint good boy are there new AoS models for the high elves? Do the faction devisions really fuck over army building?
>>
File: 99129915036_Daemonettes01.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99129915036_Daemonettes01.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
>>55318562
Get Slaanesh.
Deamonettes are basically demonic elves
>>
>>55318587
If I wanted shit elves I could just buy sylveneth.
>>
>>55317533
>love metal minis
>like TK
>found dudes who recasting TK mostly in metal
>already spent all of the money on FEC because you like them more
Also, Anon, what about TK as allies for FEC? Skellies w/ bows seems to be good
>>
Is Nurgle overplayed? I don't wanna end up doing the AoS equivalent of playing space marines.
>>
>>55318673
I thought they removed the useful ally keywords tho . . .
>>
>>55318684
>Is Nurgle overplayed?
It's not gonna be Space Marines, but it's gonna be what Khorne was a few years ago.
>>
>>55290950
is there a comprehensive FAQ? I cant find any and I have several questions regarding moonclan grots
>>
>>55318673
FEC cant bring tomb kings as allies
>>
File: 085 - 4PXtiZc.jpg (49KB, 436x420px) Image search: [Google]
085 - 4PXtiZc.jpg
49KB, 436x420px
>>55318562

Your options are as follows:

A) Play a real faction
B) Kill yourself

Elffags are not permitted in AoS
>>
>>55318562
Seraphon are good
Wanderers (wood elves) are good
>>
>>55318949
>legacyshit
>good
>>
>>55318970
seraphon ARE good anon
>>
>>55319044
>seraphon ARE good anon
They don't have a good shooting and don't have Tzeench-tier of magic
>>
Can I mix minotaurs and other beastmen yet?
>>
File: laughing salamander.png (443KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughing salamander.png
443KB, 477x480px
>>55319125
>They don't have a good shooting
lolwut

their shooting phase is one of the best in the game
>>
>>55319125
They can shut down any magic I the game
Salamanders are awesome shooters and are low points

>>55319140
Yes. Brayherd and Warherds are allies in the GHB
>>
>>55319199
>Salamanders are awesome shooters and are low points
Not SCE or Hunters, means they aren't good
>>
>>55318897
A real faction like space marines, orange baby men or steam punk pandering? I just want muh elves.
Stormcast aren't that bad though.
>>
>>55318970
Gee that a nice -3 Rend characteristic you have there anon....
.. would be a shame if it... did nothing to me....
>Laughing Bastilladon
Oh and heres D6 damage to your face from range.
>>
>>55319250
>stormcast
>good shooting
They really arent that impressive outside of that one captain unit that cant turn 1 hit into 6 wounds.
>>
File: cooool.jpg (164KB, 828x698px) Image search: [Google]
cooool.jpg
164KB, 828x698px
>>55319277
>Stormcast aren't that bad though.
I love my stormcast. 80 point character that does 4-10 mortal wounds once per battle is pretty amazing (knight azeros)
>>
File: 10000 hours.png (192KB, 812x753px) Image search: [Google]
10000 hours.png
192KB, 812x753px
>Chaos Dwarfs
>>
>>55319199
>Salamanders are awesome shooters and are low points
This

Salamanders are probably the most powerful shooting unit in the game now that their point costs are down. They do more damage than Longstrikes which everyone accepts to be a top tier shooting unit, but with a lower range. Now with GHB17 Seraphon have multiple ways to get them into range

>>55319304
The best list in the game right now is Aetherstrike, which is a stormcast shooting list.

>>55319250
>Not SCE or Hunters, means they aren't good
Longstrikes are 1 shot each at 2+/3+ Rend-2 Damage2
Salamanders are 1 shot each at 3+/3+ Rend-2 DamageD6

3 Longstrikes do a max of 6 damage per volley, median 2 or 4 with no buffs.
3 Salamanders do a max of 18 damage per volley, median 4-5 with no buffs, with an additional 4+ chance to deal D3 mortal wounds.

The buffs are where it gets interesting.

Stormcast can take Blessed Weapons to generate attacks on hit6 but nobody takes that because Lightning Chariot is far more important. Knight Azyros lets you reroll hit1 if he is within 10"... doesn't drastically change the median damage output but it smooths out bad rolls. Aetherstrike is what makes Longstrikes the best shooting unit in the game - shooting at least twice per turn, as well as every time a unit in your army dies puts Longstrikes from "okay" to "god tier dominating the metagame".

Salamanders can reroll all hits (Astrolith Bearer) all wounds (Thunderquake Starhost), force enemies to reroll saves and reroll the D6 damage and reroll the 4+ chance to burn and reroll the D3 burn damage (Starseer/Kroak). All this takes their median damage very high.

Longstrikes cost 60 points per model.
Salamanders cost 40 points per model.

What puts Aetherstrike over the top is the stormcast ability to protect their artillery unit. Protectors, Lantern of the Tempest, Warding Lantern, aetherwing countercharge, and Staunch Defender make it nearly impossible to kill the Longstrikes.
>>
>>55319427
>Infernal Forgelords
>>
>>55319453
>What puts Aetherstrike over the top is the stormcast ability to protect their artillery unit. Protectors, Lantern of the Tempest, Warding Lantern, aetherwing countercharge, and Staunch Defender make it nearly impossible to kill the Longstrikes.
See.
>>
>>55319453
>Crossbow unit
>Heavy plate armor
this is why I hate stormcast.
>>
can I equip my moonclan grot boss with a net? or only generic units can have special weapons?
>>
>>55319756
Going to get 2 boxes of Gors and a beastlord to kickstart my brayherd army. Is that a good way to start? Or should I get 1 box of Gors and 1 box Ungors or something instead?
>>
>>55319889
Didn't mean to reply to you, accidently chose it and forgot to undo the number
>>
>>55309786
Best I've ever seen.
>>
File: 99220102012_DeathGuardDice03.jpg (26KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99220102012_DeathGuardDice03.jpg
26KB, 600x620px
Think AoS Nurgle will get these dice as well? What do you all think of them?
>>
>>55320671
>Think AoS Nurgle will get these dice as well? What do you all think of them?

No you are not allowed use these nurgle themed dice for any game other than 40k and only when playing death guard.
>>
File: Reaver_Champion.jpg (64KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Reaver_Champion.jpg
64KB, 873x627px
>>55318562
You want Swifthawk Agents, my dude. They're basically the good parts of High Elves, and don't have any old-as-shit models.

Split a Spire of Dawn box with a lowly skaven player, and buy some extra Reavers from ebay. Then buy some more Reavers. And buff 'em up with a Skywarden. Seriously, Reavers are amazing.
>>
>>55320671
Nothing stops you using them. I might suggest running some Agrax Earthshade over the bubbles to help define them a bit more, especially the 5 and the 6. It'll make it easier to tell what they are from a glance.
>>
>>55320853
>>55320853
>>55320853
>>55320853

New Thread
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.