[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any opinions of The Sprawl? One of my players suggested it as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 171286.png (405KB, 415x636px) Image search: [Google]
171286.png
405KB, 415x636px
Any opinions of The Sprawl? One of my players suggested it as our next campaign since we're all pretty big into cyberpunk and apocalypse world. Anything the game fucks up on?
>>
I've been playing it recently and it's pretty cool.

Something a friend of mine noticed is that the move for getting cyberware involved is very harsh. It involves two rolls, both of which carry some potentially unpleasant consequences, making the chance of getting through okay pretty low.

In settings where cyberware is meant to be a dangerous thing, that's fine, but it didn't really intuitively follow from how large a part of the game 'ware seemed to be, that every single upgrade carried huge potential risks.

But it wasn't hard to tweak the math for our purposes. Just something to be aware of, a probably intentional design decision that isn't entirely intuitive from how the rest of the system is put together.
>>
>>55289075
One mindset shift which seems to help the game run more smoothly is to think of the corps as the main characters, not the PCs. There are quite a few ways a mission can turn into a TPK, instead of trying to keep the party alive and together it's easier if you think of the game as a set of stories about people getting caught up in conflicts between the different corps but where the people themselves aren't especially important and can die at any time.
>>
>>55289175

This honestly seems more like a group/playstyle thing than a trait of the system. At least so far, we haven't really experienced any problems in that regard.
>>
Any drastic mechanical shifts the sprawl does from other pbta?
>>
>>55289121
I also found the whole "use Synth score for cyberware" weird; I felt like having the ware use YOUR score goes counter to it being an improvement over flesh. I understand why they did it (the guy who has a higher synth score gave up more of himself for ware; makes sense), but there's sort of a tonal dissonance there for me; so I just kinda give a level to the ware they build in and go with that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.