[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 411
Thread images: 44

>Unearthed Arcana: Three-Pillar Experience
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>55276048

What are your expectations from the Chult adventure?
>>
I'm trying to homebrew an item to give the party member playing a Dragonborn Warlock. I was trying to find a way to incorporate his breath attack into his Eldritch Blast, but I couldn't NOT make that OP. Any ideas?
>>
>>55285209
To be better than all the other adventures considering how much they have been hyping it up
>>
>>55285209
Undead, dinossaurs and undead dinossaurs

ALL I WANT ARE THR BEASTS, I HAVE A DRUID IN 12 HOURS FFS
>>
>>55285307
Eldritch Breath, now does Force Damage, and benefits from the repelling blast feature if he has it
>>
>>55285307
Option to make his eldritch beams deal the damage type of his breath weapon. Since everything's shittier than Force, it ain't more powerful. But sometimes you just wanna shoot lightning at a fucker or set some stuff on fire.
>>
My hearts all a flutter.. with all that lust for murder I have.
>>
>>55285209
From what I've heard it's pretty deadly. I'll be adding the Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan as a dungeon in the Area.
Hopefully it'll end up as CoS > ToA > LMoP > OoTA > SKT >>>>>>>> tyranny of dragons storyline
>>
>>55285209
A lot of jerking off over the difficulty by people who aren't playing it.
>>
When you cast EB, you can use a bonus action to enhance it with Breath Weapon. The target and everyone within 5 feet of the target needs to make a standard Breath Weapon save or take the standard Breath Weapon damage.
Once per day. Can't use Breath Weapon again for that day.
>>
File: 1402326155830.jpg (73KB, 486x311px) Image search: [Google]
1402326155830.jpg
73KB, 486x311px
>DMing my first session today in 5 hours
>completely scared shitless and have no idea what to do
>just noticed 2 players haven't even made their chars
I require assistance
>>
>>55285427
for
>>55285307
>>
>>55285428
Sounds like you need to tell these idiots to make their fucking characters now.
>>
File: 75rcrgp9iyjz.png (2MB, 1630x955px) Image search: [Google]
75rcrgp9iyjz.png
2MB, 1630x955px
>>55285428
Wing that shit
Go fucking wild
>>
>>55285428
Is it level 1? Just give them premades.
>>
>>55285307
The Kiss of Tiamat option, where when you hit a target with Eldritch Blast you may choose to expend your breath weapon at center of the target of the blast
>>
>>55285428
It's common to have a "session zero" where everyone makes their characters together and figures out how everyone knows each other and what kind of tone they want the campaign to have. Do that.
>>
>>55285444
I told one of them, the other's offline
>>55285446
That's how it'll be
>>55285450
I will if they won't make them until it's time
The punishment will be forced to play an elf
>>55285455
Eh, it was kinda done by just discussing what campaign they want before, and setting up what's allowed and what's not for character creation
>>
>>55285455
>Have a session zero
>Everyone makes their links with other characters
>Except one girl
>Have to spend session 1 doing two different stories because she is doing different things than the party
>>
What's the best bladelock/ rogue build?
I was thinking Fiend 5 for temp HP on kill and two attacks, swashbuckler x. Whip as a pact weapon with sentinel, and hand crossbow with x-bow master in my off hand.
Or should I add level of for twf fighting style and and dual wield proper?
>>
For everyone that's been designing encounters, how well do you feel the math works? Is an encounter with 4 CR 5 monsters really a deadly encounter for a group of 4 Level 10 PCs? How far over the deadly scale is "safe" to throw at a party as a boss fight, and how much will just wipe them?
>>
>>55285500
>whips

instant trash build I'm sorry. 1d4 is a waste of an action
>>
>>55285503
The math assumes something that is often not true: that the party will have between 6 and 8 encounters today with one short rest. If a party is fresh and will fight nothing else today, as is the case in all overland encounters and most urban encounters, you've got to pull out all the stops just to present a moderate challenge.
>>
>>55285511
Obviously I'll be relying on sneak attack dmg and sentinel.
>>
>>55285531
That makes sense. How would you calculate it for a fresh party, who's not going to face much else the next day?
>>
I'm moving from a 1 shot to Out of the Abyss, how shitty for the players would it be to end the session with "those bandits you let get away come back with like 6 drow and capture you guys. You all wake up stripped of everything in a dark underground prison."
>>
Finally getting back into DnD after a summer of hiatus due to shitty campaigns.

Could not be more excited, even if I'm recycling a character concept to use with an actually decent campaign this time.
>>
>>55285631
Where did they players end up after the one shot?
>>
>>55285631
Give them a fighting chance, make it clear the enemies are striking nonlethally as all the players black out.

If they win the fight you've done something wrong.
>>
>>55285597
I shrug and don't.

My bad guys are gonna do what they're gonna do when they're going to do it because of their own reasons, and usually they don't blow their wad at the adventurers in the beginning of the day.

I adjust for drama, not time of day
>>
>>55285631
Seems fine to me. Or you could just have them be ambushed by a bunch of drow, and have them wake up in the cell with the bandits.
>>
>>55285647
>>55285646
So I guess its more of a two shot now since im having this inbetween session tonight. But last time they came to this lawless town, got ambushed by bandits, but 2 got away. Then went to help with a goblin attack. Standard one shot things. Right now they are halfway through the goblin encampment, and i was planning on having the drow attack the tavern sometime during their "longrest"
>>
>>55285697
If you're sure they're going to be resting at a tavern, just have their food/drinks be spiked.
>>
>>55285597
Go nuts. A level 10 party can mop the floor with liches and archdemons if they haven't been worn down by a dungeon first. Take stock of all the expendable resources they have and figure out their effect if they're all used in a single fight (or at least as fast as they can be used. Different classes can spend their resources at different rates. A paladin can burn through all his spell slots in one turn, but a wizard can't.)
>>
>>55285704
>>55285697
and if someone goes to bed without eating/drinking, throw them an ambush in their room.
>>
Has anyone played any of the AWW Games mini dungeons on roll20? How are they? Is it worth getting a bundle for a couple of quick mini dungeons?
>>
File: 1409370775210.jpg (57KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1409370775210.jpg
57KB, 500x501px
I built a sorclock for a level 12 campaign, all UAs fair game.

What subclasses / level spread would you have taken?

I took 9 sorc with Sea Curse subclass to add 25 ft of pushback to the first 10 ft of EB pushback and 3 warlock Hexblade for that sweet sweet hexblade curse
>>
So I am running PotA and one of my players is convinced that he can start a, "Gang war," between the opposing cultists (like the Eternal Flame and Crushing Wave) by doing random assassinations and leaving notes or their crest etched into the body. How should I handle this? I'm pretty new to DMing, so I apologize for sounding ignorant. The book is pretty clear that they distance themselves between each other and I'd like to think they are smart enough to realize this isn't normal behavior of the other cultists.
>>
>>55286206
I've never read any of pota but If you want to be a dick you can have them both increase security and become more reclusive overall
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>55285483
>Not having multiple DMs to run concurrent events for seperated players

I actually do this and its fucking amazing
>>
>>55285483
Have you tried talking to her and explaining that DnD is a party-based game
>>
>>55286224
Me neither but here goes a sugestion
No gang War, but the party does catch wind of an important meeting between two major representatives of the cult in order to discuss the recent murders

If the party steps in, two major combatants can be taken out away from their lairs, if they don't, security indeed does go up from both sides
>>
>>55286206
It wouldn't take much of an Insight check to realize that nobody would want to actually take credit for an assassination that went off without a hitch when they could pin it on someone else. If they're smart enough, this could incite them to start working together and go after the adventurers' friends and family.
>>
>>55286381
You realize that terrorist groups regularly take credit for attacks and murders, even ones they had no part in, right? Sometimes you want people to know you're in their base killing their dudes.
>>
Quick! I need character concept for paladin!
I have one hour to came up with one, because i had busy weak playing Mass Effect.
>>
>>55286602
Variant Human Polearm Master Devotion Paladin

You're a grave digger who wants to send the undead back to where you let them escape, using your refluffed halberd as a shovel

Bonus points for chanel divinity holy shovel
>>
So I'm interested in starting to play, but my rl friends definitely wouldn't be interested. I'm fully prepared to spend time learning the rules and stuff but realistically what sort of experience will I get if I play online on something like roll20?
>>
>>55286602
Oath of Vengeance dual wielding short-sword paladin.
>>
>>55286637
My experience varying from garbage to better than all my IRL games. It's not the medium for me, its the players and GM, and since I'm almost always the GM, its the players. The ones I have now is the best one I've had ever and roll20 works perfectly fine, we have our 32th session on sunday.
>>
Any leaks about ToA or XGE? What about the Tortles?
>>
>>55286689
Every time you ask, the wait gets longer
>>
I just saw the stats for the Chewenga and PLEASE TELL ME I CAN HAVE AN ELEMENTAL FAMILIAR
>>
>>55286673
Thanks for the answer anon. Hopefully I find some players who aren't autistic about playing with a noob
>>
File: 1493983749633.png (109KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1493983749633.png
109KB, 500x516px
>>55286602
>playing Mass Effect
Pic related

As to your request, son of a noble who got lost in the forest and was saved by a Nympho/Dryad. In thanks your father made the forest a protected area on his land and you visited every now and then because you didn't her to become lonely. As she told you stories growing up you eventually decided you were going to be just like one of the knights inn her tales and ask about becoming a Paladin. She taught you the tenants and ritual to do so and you became an OoA paladin to protect the beauty in the world around you and to spread the same joy the tales had brought you.
>>
File: 2656066504241614847-account_id=1.jpg (275KB, 1149x1171px) Image search: [Google]
2656066504241614847-account_id=1.jpg
275KB, 1149x1171px
>>55285209
post ur paladins
>>
>>55286786
>Nympho
Should be nymph unless you want to have a nympho nymph I guess that's up to you.
>>
File: 1496336946100.jpg (349KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496336946100.jpg
349KB, 900x1200px
>>55286799
Replace the symbols with vine work and a tree in the middle, like the depiction of the world tree.
>>
>>55286799
I can't draw, but your paladin's cute
>>
>>55286786
What's wrong with Mass Effects?

Also, that is pretty neat idea! I dig it, thanks.
>>
>>55286888
Well I should ask which one, if it's the original trilogy I can forgive. If it's that abortion that is Andromeda then refer to my previous pic.
>>
I'm very new and just starting to read over all the classes.
I want to play wizard, but warlock's Misty Visions eldritch invocation looks incredibly attractive.
Would it be a bad idea to be a wizard and then multiclass in warlock just enough to get the eldritch invocations?
>>
File: IMG_20170823_115848.jpg (615KB, 1845x1397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170823_115848.jpg
615KB, 1845x1397px
>>55286881
Thanks, I usually play CHA-dump characters but this time I decided to play a classically heroic archtype so I played it up.
>>
>>55285511
Yall niggas need Kensai.
>>
>>55285681
I really like this idea, i might have to replace some of the OotA NPCs with members of the theives' guild that attacked them. Ront could easily be one of them and maybe ill drop topsy and turvy or derendil
>>
>>55285531
Two short rests, actually
>>
File: kenshir.jpg (78KB, 641x868px) Image search: [Google]
kenshir.jpg
78KB, 641x868px
How do you make Kenshiro in D&D 5e?
>>
>>55286942
Its all anybody multiclasses warlock for
>>
Whats the best use of Thieve's fast hands?
>>
>>55287120
What ever the situation calls for
>>
>>55286923
It is Andromeda. And i am enjoying it tremendously. What is wrong with it? I guess it is not the best game ever, but still pretty good.

To be honest, i didn't expected much from the game and got it for 20$ on sale - so i am positively surprised.
>>
File: IMG_1867.jpg (25KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1867.jpg
25KB, 237x213px
>>55287127
>he liked Andromeda
>>
>>55286206
It's obviously a false flag. If anything, the cultists would band together to find out who's doing it.
>>
>>55287139
Yea, and you know what? I liked Dragon Age 2 as well!
>>
>>55285307
Let him use the blast and the breath weapon at the same time in one breath, basically an Eldritch infused breath attack.

Just combine the dice, it's only one use per long rest anyway.
>>
>>55287127
It's an insult to fans of the series because each character is nothing but a discount version of one from the original. The enemy are not!reapers, the new aliens are not!protheans, the amount of poor animation and outright lack of any improvement over the other games, aside from combat which is top notch, all due to the b team given the project wasting 3 of the 5 year production time because they had a hard on for procedural world generation.

It's a decent shooter, but a garbage ME game and this is coming from someone who loved the original trilogy and gave ME:A a chance despite bad reviews and complaints.

It's like if you played a DnD game and the DM didn't even bother trying to hide the references he was basing his world off. He just changed the name but made who or what they are from so blatantly obvious to anyone familiar with or pay attention.
>>
/5eg/ I need your help

My players managed to off an important bad guy and grab his magic weapons, to put a long story short there were some lucky crits involved and it would have been a cop out to have him escape after how thoroughly they wrecked his ass.

But now I have to come up with the actual stats so I can give them to the players and I can't figure out a good way to split it up.

The items are two coral short swords named Ebb and Flow. I gave the NPC water breathing, swim speed 60, the ability to cast Shape Water, Tidal Wave, Watery Sphere and Control Water. He was a Half-orc pirate captain using Swashbuckler Rogue features.

I need to figure out what features to put on what sword, should they both be Attuned items? Can you do paired items as one attunement slot? How many charges should I give them and how many charges would each spell take?

I thought this guy was going to get away and didn't design his gear for players to pick up. Party is level 14, mostly using +2 weapons.
>>
>>55287120
sexual assualt

real answer: medicine kits
>>
>>55287207
Can't help much in dividing but let this be an important lesson, never put something on an NPC unless you want to risk it falling into the hands of the PCs.
>>
>>55287207
Have them be cursed, for the one who posseses them must be attuned both and cannot swim while attuned to the swords (similar to the devil fruits in One Piece)
>>
>>55287207
>Can you do paired items as one attunement slot?
Sure, why not? Boots, bracers, gauntlets - all work this way as well.
>>
>>55287242
None of the powers are too outrageous, it's just that I threw it all together in one big container and said "I'll figure out the specifics later"
>>
>>55287253
You mean to one sword right? Because one of their powers is giving you a 60 ft swim speed, dude was all over the place in the boss fight. Knocking people off the boat and making a whirlpool then fighting them underwater.
>>
>>55287276
But they were his swords, and only he could unlock the true powers, they attune as a pair and cannot be split between party members
>>
>>55287292
Counterpoint: They weren't cursed before but are now cursed with an angry ghost of the pirate captain who drags your ass down if you try to swim.

Now they have to go find some sea witch who can exorcise his dead ass off these swords.
>>
>>55287316
Thanks, this makes much more sense than what I said
>>
>>55285209
>WE
>>
What is the best monk archetype??
>>
>>55287351
WoT4E
>>
>>55287351
Open Hand
>>
File: Gems.png (96KB, 384x560px) Image search: [Google]
Gems.png
96KB, 384x560px
>>55287340
ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
>>55287095
Level 18+ open hand monk
>>
>>55287358
Why would you go on the internet and lie to people anon?
>>
>>55287384
He meant the revised version of course
>>
>>55287316
And when they try to exorcize him without going to the sea witch (probably a sea hag or some Ursula looking bitch) he comes out of the swords and fights the party as an angry ghost
>>
>>55287395
Sure I did : ^ )
>>
File: Pixie.png (222KB, 400x393px) Image search: [Google]
Pixie.png
222KB, 400x393px
I know nothing about Feys and the like.
How well does this character concept work for a Pact of the ArchFey Warlock?
>womanizing charlatan ends up wandering into the domain guarded by an Archfey
>attempts at seduction, clumsily fails, Archfey finds this endearing
>dude wakes up next morning with little memory and is now the Archfey's lackey

If you know more about how Archfey's work, please give me some tips to refine this character concept! I always liked Archfey pact Warlocks and want to play one with this character.
>>
>>55287351
All are solid (except for the non revised Wot4E) and offer different things for different playstyles.

Shadows is the most mobile martial in the game and great for stealth.
Open Hand gives the most crowd conrtol and best capstone ability.
Long Death makes you near unkillable.
Sun Soul offers range and aoe.
Tranquility is one of the best healers in the game.
>>
>>55287473
Idk either but that one is pretty hot
>>
>>55287372
Garnet best lesbian space rock
>>
>>55287473
Fey are big on words and gifts. So say the womanizer wanders into the fey and hits on the Archfey, maybe she decides to interpret that as a marriage proposal and says yes.

The Warlock powers are wedding gifts but now his crazy fey wife shows up and tells him to do stuff from time to time and sends fairies to cockblock him if he tries to chat up any other women.
>>
>>55287473
That's actually more or less how Fey work.

Just remember that Fey *aren't human* and *do not have human values*, but in a way that's far more subtle than most Lovecrafian horrors (which they essentially are).

If a faerie came across a person trapped at the bottom of a hole, the faerie would be roughly as likely to help the person fro the hole as they would be to sit down and watch to see how thin the trapped person can get before he dies. They don't do it out of maliciousness - it's genuine curiosity coupled with no sense of morality at all - excepting their promises and oaths, which are inviolate and something faeries will go to frankly ridiculous extremes over making sure they are kept, even if the promise is something petty or stupid.

As a perfect example of this - Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty (who is also a pretty good source for an Archfey inspiration). She wasn't invited to a baby shower and found this insulting, and so swore that the baby Aurora would prick her finger on a spinning wheel and die on her 16th birthday. Then Maleficent spent the net 16 years scouring the world to make certain this happened - and afterwards outright risked her life, and ultimately died, in order to enforce it.

Faeries are basically the most lawful chaotic beings. Or the most chaotic lawful ones. Your choice.
>>
>>55287473
The Warlock and Pixie buddy cop show.
>>
>>55287532
I like this idea, but done maybe a bit more subtly. I kinda see that Archfey doesn't really pay active attention to a pact wielder until they get stronger.
>>
>Grave cleric
>Fight ends
>Ally has 1 health
>I'm better off punching them in the face before I heal them
>>
>>55287207
Each sword gives 30 feet of swim speed and water breathing up to a certain depth. Ebb allows users to push water back, and if underwater, create an air bubble of a certain size that can be used to breathe (which remains in a constant position until it dissipates). It has 3 charges, and each charge can be used for 5 minutes. Can help to keep a boat from sinking or explore underwater deeper than the water breathing allows.

Flow allows someone to cause a violent surge of water from any nearby water source. It is indiscriminate, however, and knocks everyone nearby all over the place, sweeping them off their feet and possibly slamming into objects. It will not stop until either 15 minutes pass or SOMEONE drowns or is otherwise killed by the surge. This can be used once a day (maybe with an extra cost?) but is EXTREMELY dangerous if used carelessly, since it can easily try to kill a party member if it can't kill an enemy first. It WILL practically end the combat, scattering combatants all around and battering them.

Using both can give the benefits the pirate had for a single attunement slot, but not without some intense training/ritual/something to unlock the true potential of the weapons in harmony.
>>
>>55287581
>"Gaaahhh! I thought doctors weren't supposed to inflict pain!"
>>"I am forbidden from causing harm. I can cause as much pain as I like."
>>
>>55287351
Monks are REALLY good in 5e, one of the best martials overall.
Kensei is the best raw damage
Open Hand can't damage as great as Kensei, but gets way more combat options and is pretty much one of the best subclasses in 5e, plus Quivering Palm is the absolute best combat action in 5e.
Shadow is top-stealth and can do lots of crazy cool shit, teleporting in shadows, and has lots of great combos.
Sun Soul is a really good blaster, has an amazing damage type, and gets loads of ranged options.
Tranquility is pretty much the best Healer in 5e, and has so much else going for it, it's pretty tanky, and can do some great damage, especially at higher levels.
Drunken Master is good. Not nearly as good as the other archetypes, which are all pretty much top tier, but its still good. Kinda like a bit of a different Open Hand thats more defensive, and has a unique combat style.

Long Death isn't BAD by any means. It isn't great, but it's not the best choice. You don't die as easy but Monks already excel at that so it's kinda redundant. The capstone is also a shittier version of Quivering Palm. Not bad by any means, just not great.

4 Elements is literally worse than having no subclass. It they errata nerfed the one useful feature (Water Whip), so its now worse than just not using subclass features whatsoever.
>>
File: wat.jpg (20KB, 428x501px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
20KB, 428x501px
>>55287614
>Monks are REALLY good in 5e, one of the best martials overall.
>>
>>55287554
>>55287532
>>55287564
Oh man these are all great ideas. The marriage thing sounds hilarious and my DM might work with that as well.
Aside from Pact, though, which Boon would play well with the Archfey's abilities? Pact of the Blade sounds fitting.
>>
Yo, where can I find the Guild Adept stuff for free?
>>
>>55287650
Blade is pretty weak overall. Chain you could pick up a Sprite to be your fairy, or ask your GM to refluff the imp into a minor fey.
>>
>>55287650
Chain, actually. The familiar is supposed to be helping you prepare for your wedding and keeping an eye on you to make sure you don't cheat on the bride.

As a result, you have a pretty antagonistic relationship with your familiar, but you can't just ditch him because it turns out the little shit is the Archfey's little sister or something.

Yes, I know what I typed.
>>
>>55287681
>>55287689
Thanks lads. I can see this character shaping up to be really fun.
>>
>>55286673
>thirty tooth
>>
>>55287646
They aren't nearly as mad as previous editions.

Dex>Wis>Str.>Con and then you can dump either Cha or Int, or both. HP isn't nearly as important since you're the master of not getting hit. Damage may seem mediocre but you're getting more hits than anyone else and so in the end you end up doing the same if not more damage as others. High mobility, easy stuns, good AC, features work well with your good AC, features make this stuff even better.

5e Monks are top tier. Fighters and Paladins may be better straight damage dealers if you ONLY consider average damage assuming each attack hits. Most people just see a lot of the similarities to older editions, but don't look at how the class makes up for it in so many ways. I mean just think, if you're getting 3-4 hits a turn when the Paladin or Fighter is getting 1-2, you can sustain that damage for longer than the paladin, since Ki is a short rest resource and they only have so many smites, and if they say use GWM, they have a much lower chance to hit, basically they get disadvantage (disadvantage gives approximately a -5 to hit), and they only have AC to protect them.

Monks are fucking amazing, this isn't 3.PF anymore.
>>
>>55287735
I'm a retard and not a native English speaker, I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>55287754
Why do you rate STR over CON? You can use DEX for everything and you are already proficient in strength saves, you can just put a 10 in strength and call it a day.
>>
File: fall of constantinople.jpg (311KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
fall of constantinople.jpg
311KB, 1024x680px
>>55285209

/5eg/, what sounds fun as a final mission for a story? I'm designing a campaign right now and just planning out the skeleton of ideas. At the end of the campaign, there may be final siege on a city the adventurers may be involved with. But before the siege ever actually begins there are factions the adventurers may be enticed to join. There's about five ways the siege could play out:

>Help faction A defend the city while factions B and C attack from both sides
>Invade with faction B, stomp out A, and defend against C
>Invade with faction C, stomp out A, and defend against B
>Join any of the factions, help them win, but double cross your faction in the end to takeover the city
>Forego the siege entirely and choose the peaceful way out through a treaty

The siege would play out as a series of encounters. But the question is that would this be fun? What else can be improved to make this enjoyable for a party of approx. 4 adventurers?
>>
>>55287559
Oh no
Now I really want this.
>>
>>55287802
>look at this guy, designing the end of the campaign before its started.
>poor anon and possibly his players
>>
File: giant gummy feel.png (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
giant gummy feel.png
56KB, 500x500px
>>55287853

>tfw railroading AGAIN and /5eg/ can tell right on the spot

what will make a campaign good then? I was always told to plan with the end in mind.
>>
>>55285402
I have ToA
If you purely count the storyline adventures: ToA > SKT > CoS > OotA > PotA > HotDQ+ToD
>>
>>55287784
I forgive you.
>>
>>55287754
Monks have no use for strength.
>>
>>55287907
Make Factions
What drives them?
Who is in charge?
Why are they in charge?
How do they relate to the other factions?

Keep those questions in mind and just have your npcs do whatever is most logical for that character to do in that situation. If you set up from the beginning that three factions all want this one city you can be sure they will probably fight over it sooner or later, but don't build it ahead of time.
>>
>>55287801
No it isn't, or you aren't playing 5e properly.

Why? Because Acrobatics is useless and Athletics is one of the most useful skills in the game. Acrobatics does 2 things really: Keep your balance, and doing pointless flips for no reason. Climbing, vaulting, running, jumping, swimming, and a large variety of other things are all Strength. Monks, who do that stuff, need it. Acrobatics does not exist to be "Athletics for Dex characters". Please read the description.

Strength is absolutely amazing once you realize that most people are idiots and remove all the stuff that makes it so, like lift limits, carry capacity, all the shit that only Athletics can accomplish. Dex skills are pretty useless overall, and outside of combat, Dex really isn't that useful.

TL;DR Read the fucking book
>>
File: Massuh Steven.png (129KB, 873x983px) Image search: [Google]
Massuh Steven.png
129KB, 873x983px
>>55287372
>>
>>55287932
Read
>>55287981
>>
>>55285590
I don't know how much you'll be benefiting from sentinel. What are you wanting to do with that?
>>
>>55287997
Obsidian, what are you doing here, get your ass back to the cotton fields
>>
>>55288016
Not that anon, but it provides more opportunities for opportunity attacks.
>>
>>55287944

Thanks for the input, anon. I'll be sure to work on this immediately and make this something swell for others to enjoy.
>>
>>55287981
That's what the Barbarian is for. You can still take Athletics, but giving up ASI's to a stat that doesn't do anything in combat is MAD as hell. Going with dex and wis hits all your features as well as giving you amazing AC.
>>
>>55287907
It's better to define what all the parties in the potential end of the campaign, and basically make the world more defined but still give room for you to improv on the spot.

You have no idea what the players will do, and preparing a end for the campaign before it started is a good way to get in a bad mindset. It's better to be more reactive and chill to see whatever your players will do in your world.

There is nothing wrong with for an example creating several plot hooks that might look different but are actually connected or lead to the same thing. You can build and place the "rails" ahead of the players without them knowing instead of trying to force them down an already built railroad. Does that make any sense?

Let your players feel around in the world, create a more overarching plot that connects to the potential end of the campaign. Instead of planning for 20 session ahead, try to world build and develop potential important character and places instead. Try to come up with reasonable actions and stuff that can happen around the world when the players aren't there etc.

Maybe I'm running around in circles now but I'd really recommend watching Matthew Colville's video(s) on railroading, he explains it 10000x better than me.
>>
Why does my party's bard want to seduce goblins?
>>
>>55287981
>learn to be creative
>convince DM to let you use acrobatics instead of athletics cuz you're a monk doing crazy ninja shit
>stop sucking cocks
that simple desu
>>
Anybody bought Tomb of Annhilation where it's available?
Does anybody have some first impressions? I heard there were some pretty interesting items in it
>>
>>55288101
>bard
you've answered your own question
>>
>>55288101
Some female goblins can be pretty cute i've heard : ^ )
>>
>>55288101
Shortstack fetish
>>
>>55288134
Oh god
the player is a woman
>>
>>55288151
a lot of chicks I know through PnP love shortstacks and I literally have no idea why. I'm being entirely serious here.
>>
>>55288050
Barely. He's using a whip, so he's likely intending to stay a good distance away - and if you're not within 5 feet of the target you can't trigger the "if enemy attacks ally" effect. It lets him attack even if an enemy disengages, but how often is he dealing with that versus picking up a more reliable feat?
>>
File: family_gathering_colored[1].jpg (122KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
family_gathering_colored[1].jpg
122KB, 600x434px
>>55288101
Is there another way to play a bard?
>>
File: IMG_1603.jpg (18KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1603.jpg
18KB, 300x242px
I really like our current DM, and I think he's really good at his role, but he had this weird quirk where he gets upset if you call your collective items your "inventory" and I don't understand where it's coming from.

Otherwise this guy is the model of a pretty cool DM, with lots of homemade handouts for his game and a really flexible style of storytelling that never feels railroady, and to make it even stranger he's a pretty cool dude besides that one little tick. I've seen him sit there calmly though players being 30+ minutes late and keep his nerve while other players are yelling at each other, but he gets bizarrely anal when it comes to insisting your items don't go into your "inventory"

He always insists "You have supplies, and you have a backpack, but you're not in a video game. You DON'T have an inventory. You're not a shop. Inventories are for video game characters."

Anyone know where this might be coming from?
>>
>>55288166
I am not magical realming my campeign, what the fuck should I do
>>
File: 1363829086699.jpg (108KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1363829086699.jpg
108KB, 890x890px
>>55287981
Uhhh at 9th level you can literally run up vertical walls, I don't think strength is going to help you much after that point. Con is useful the whole game. Leave the heavy lifting for the Fighter.
>>
>>55288198
Sauce
>>
>>55288111
I don't tihnk you understand why Acrobatics isn't the Dex equivalent to Strength. Strength is really good when you actually read the book and follow the rules. What you are doing just makes Strength redundant for the sake of your own inability to comprehend a simple concept. Also, how the hell does Dexterity improve your ability to jump farther, higher, or carry more?

>>55288210
Most campaigns never reach 9th level. This isn't about heavy lifting, it's about making a well rounded character.

Monks also literally don't need Constitution nearly as much as other classes do. Same with Rogues. Their features are designed around this. The Martial dump stat is always a mental stat, never a physical.
>>
>>55288111
>Learn to be creative
>covince DM to let my Bard use perform instead of history because you're a Bard doing crazy song shit
>be retarded
>>
>>55288089

>You have no idea what the players will do, and preparing a end for the campaign before it started is a good way to get in a bad mindset. It's better to be more reactive and chill to see whatever your players will do in your world.

Seeing that sort of happened in the first-ever campaign I ran, I'd like to avoid doing that mistake again. Thanks for the reminder to be more improvisational.

>Let your players feel around in the world, create a more overarching plot that connects to the potential end of the campaign. Instead of planning for 20 session ahead, try to world build and develop potential important character and places instead. Try to come up with reasonable actions and stuff that can happen around the world when the players aren't there etc.

I'll spend more time building up quests, settlements, and NPCs for now then.

>Matthew Colville

I've heard bad things about him on this /5eg/ ut I'll give him a shot. Thanks for the feedback, anon.
>>
>>55288222
http://www.naorhy.com/fa_graphics_e2.htm
>>
>>55288201
Guess that depends on the tone of the campaign so far. If its not really gritty and the entire group is there for the sake of fun, then I don't see a problem with it. I mean dealing with STDs has always been fun.

>>55288200
He's literally triggered like a socially inept person. At least its not too creepy so I would just ignore it.
>>
>>55288271
I heard of this before but could never find it, 1000 thanks anon
>>55288274
I might do that, I'm just not Erping that shit, i was also just considering have all the goblins turn down the bard's advances
>>
>>55288259
What does a monk need to carry? Why would you increase a stat that you're using pretty much exclusively for ability checks instead of the stat most tied to not dying horribly?
>>
>>55288259
>how the hell does Dexterity improve your ability to jump farther, higher, or carry more
Ninja flips, wall running, not a skill check. This is a fantasy setting. Use your imagination, you goddamned pedant.
>>
>>55288298
All his cool monk shit
Oh wait
>>
>>55288259
>jump farther
Who the fuck cares?
>jump higher
Who the fuck cares?
>carry more
My Bag of Holding
>>
What's the next UA going to be?
>>
>>55288265
>be /tg/ shitposter that never actually plays
>make false equivalences
>>
>>55288320
F O O D
A N D
P R O V I S I O N S
>>
>>55288320
Unearth Arcana:3 paragraphs about what I ate for lunch last Wednesday and a sentence or 2 about rolling for penis size
>>
>>55288320
Worse than three pillars and Meals' Initiative combined
>>
>>55287981
But monks can just run up walls and across water, and csn double jump distance, con is more important.
>>
>>55288308
Stupid anime bullshit shouldn't just be allowed to magically work because you're a monk. Doing a flip doesn't make you jump higher, having quick reactions doesn't let you lug yourself up a rope better.

I agree that monks should be using Dex and not str, but idiots like you are why str gets overly trivialized in the first place.
>>
>>55288320
Rules for using your jeweler, potter and glassblowers' kits.
>>
>>55288332
If only.
>>55288340
Probably
>>55288352
Obviously, ever since the weekly ended they've been getting shittier.
>>
>>55288311
JUmping is fun as fuck anon, my monk has a ring of jumping and can jump 70ft with 1 round of prep
>>
>>55288295
Oooh yeah, Rping that shit is always weird. I usually do summary descriptions for their reactions and flirts (IE: they talk by the fireside about XX.) and then fade to black as they roll an athletics, acrobatics or performance check. It gets laughs without being too creepy, so I'd call it successful.
>>
>>55288259
>most games never reach 9th level.

Anon, I
>>
>>55288370
Honestly I would love some more clarity on how to use the various tool kits and shit
>>
>>55288259
If you care about athletics so much just take proficiency in it instead of pumping strength. You almost certainly won't have the scores to spare to get more than 14 str, so proficiency will basically always be at least as good, if not better
>>
>>55288320
Something fun
>>
What music do you use for battles?
>>
File: 1404388377079.png (386KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1404388377079.png
386KB, 519x533px
>>55288259
Monks don't need CON? They're a martial class with 1d8 hit dice and no armor.

Anon plz
>>
>>55288368
Stupid animd bullshit can do that, for 1 Ki point.
>>
File: 1459828306753.jpg (18KB, 249x255px) Image search: [Google]
1459828306753.jpg
18KB, 249x255px
>>55288368
>>
>>55288388
I remember one time when I was playing
>SKT
>1 martial in the party
>we had picked up the barbarian Norhi from the ice spider caves
>on our way to the purple rocks to find the squid ship with hekaton on it
>everyone is bored
>all the casters suggest the martial and Norhi should hook up
>they do
>entire party has to endure their loud, roudy fucking for the entire trip
>when we arrive martial comes out with a new tattoo in bothi and knowing the names of all the Uthgardt deities
>>
>>55288388
That's kinda how I run it, they can flirt or go straight for a roll, give vague details of going off and having a good time. Roll a x check and move on.
>>
>>55286156
Still wondering about this
>>
>>55287559
OP should take familiar pact and see if he can use a pixie that's basically sent along with him because of >>55287532
>>
File: 1492076935009.gif (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492076935009.gif
3MB, 800x450px
>>55288442
>>
>>55287801
>Why do you rate STR over CON?
because he's a fucking idiot that has no idea what he is talking about.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (88KB, 1200x545px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
88KB, 1200x545px
>>55288425
DEX/WIS 16
CON 14+
>>
File: Screenshot_20170908-153919.png (625KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170908-153919.png
625KB, 1920x1080px
Oh Hai Tg
>>
>>55288269
Great to hear that my advice goes to heart anon.

As for Matthew, maybe but that's why you should take him, me or anyone else in this thread's advice with a pinch of salt and try to get advice and perspective from many people and then try to see how your own perspective has changed from when you started, and apply whatever you feel best with. In my opinion there is no clear bad way to GM or play, as long as you and your group has fun. Just that I personally are a more reactive and sandboxy GM that puts emphasis on the players taking an active part in the story telling. That's why their actions guide a lot of what will happen as I adjust to them and their actions. Most of my GM prep is just trying to figure out what is happening in the world while the players are off doing something and the setpieces I need for the current "story" that the players are following.
>>
File: 1465588303528.jpg (60KB, 347x424px) Image search: [Google]
1465588303528.jpg
60KB, 347x424px
>>55288561
>Tfw had a similar setup
>Tfw DM thought monks were under powered
>Gave me bracers of defense early on
I was fucking invincible
>>
>>55288330
Maybe you should play the game and not use fucking homerules to argue a fucking point when the actual rules contradict your own point. Homerules are never a valid argument with this shit, stop being retarded.
>>
>>55288425
All you have to do is use Patient Defense and Deflect Missiles to tank instead of trying to be a glass cannon with Flurry of Blows
>>
File: GayFrogs.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GayFrogs.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>playing an 8 int barb
>mfw gm treats me like a literal retard
>mfw he makes me roll int to read a letter
>>
>>55288423
Nerevar Rising for milestone acheivements because it's a masterpiece, le Skyrim theme for encounters because it's literally incorporated to make shit dragon battles moderately interesting
>>
One of my PCs is a ranger who wants a Pixie as a companion. Would that break the game too much? Yes, she's a girl.
>>
>>55288655
As in a replacement for a beast, or just a free pet pixie?
>>
>>55288666
Replacement for the beast.
>>
>>55288423
Any of the hype Witcher 3 battle songs. They fit extremely well in my more deadlier setting/campaign.
>>
>>55288595
>5e
>Underpowered classes
He deserved everything he got senpai
>>
>>55288601
Not him but the issue with your example is it is written directly into the rules that a DM can rule that way if they feel it would be appropriate. So if they were to be of the belief that most history is recorded but also has an oral tradition to it you could easily do such.
>>
>>55288653
>Not downloading the "danger zone music during all battles" mod
What are you, some sort of pleb?
>>
>>55288679
I'm really glad that the powerlevel overall in 5e is very equal. Sure casters are still very strong but there isn't as big differences as there is in 3.PF etc.
>>
>>55287981
>Acrobatics is useless
>Acrobatics does 2 things really: Keep your balance, and doing pointless flips for no reason
The usefulness of acrobatics (tumble in editions older than 4e) varies greatly based on the DM and the kind of things that happen in his sessions.
>>
>>55288688
But it would interfere with le train dragon music (':
>>
>>55288695
That said though it's nice to pick cleric and shit all over the DM's carefully thought out undead-centred campaign
>>
>>55286361
>>55286224
Thanks, friends. I was thinking something similar to that, but I didn't know how inclusive the meeting would be. I really feel like they would band together like >>55286381 suggested (which I thank you as well).

>>55287174
I like this idea as well. I really think they are smart enough to realize that even the more zealot members wouldn't needlessly murder. They have the same goal, but different ends.

Once again, thank you. I will take your advice to heart and look into a proper course of action. The player of mine has a tendency to get moody when things don't go exactly his way, so maybe this will teach him some humility.
>>
>>55288679
Oh definitely but damn was it fun
>>
>>55288186
>Sentinel

>(You) have mastered techniques to take advantage of every drop in any enemy’s guard, gaining the following benefits:

>When you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, the creature’s speed becomes 0 for the rest of the turn.
>Creatures provoke opportunity attacks from you even if they take the Disengage action before leaving your reach.
>When a creature within melee range of you makes an attack against a target other than you (and that target doesn’t have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature.
>>
>>55288674
Pixies are pretty weak iirc, might end up being pretty disappointing overall
>>
>>55285307
He could do extra damage but have it limited to once per day
>>
>>55288757
That's what I was thinking. Pixies have 1 hp and some silly spells. She wants it more for the fluff than anything else, and from what I've talked to her, she is in it more for the roleplaying than the combat.

Now the difficult part: should I roleplay as the Pixie, or let the PC have two-way conversations with herself?
>>
>>55288787
Ask her, also I'd atleast let it's hp be bumped up a little, especially if it's just for rp.
>>
If I used my bonus action to cast healing word could I still use my action to use a Staff of Healing or Wand of Fireball?
>>
File: Carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>55288198
that bard is so fucked
>>
File: 1483111737151.png (261KB, 328x471px) Image search: [Google]
1483111737151.png
261KB, 328x471px
>>55288806
I suppose I could bump the HP up to 10 or something. Should I remove any of these spells?
>>
>>55288808
Yes. The spell cast through a staff qualifies as a Use an Item, not Cast a Spell.
>>
>>55288733
Gonna have to disagree with you.
If one character is extremely potent against the enemies you face, he'll plow through them more-or-less single-handedly, which may not be fun for other players.
To compensate for encounters being too easy, the DM would have to raise their difficulty level to match the group's overall power, but this may result in battles being deadly to the non-optimized character. Even if they keep getting rezzed because it's a cleric, they'll still be contributing less than the """"star"""" character.
It's a team game. You shouldn't try to be the only one relevant in any of the main pillars.
>>
>>55288836
I would remove all the 1/day except for dancing lights and detect evil & good. At the very least, nix polymorph and fly.
>>
>>55288884
Gotcha. Thanks, m8.
>>
>>55288679
Rangers
>>
So I'm considering dipping my toes into Out of the Abyss, I've never run an out the book campaign in my 6 years of running games. Any people out there with experience running it that could give some advice or pointers on it?
>>
>>55288830
Carlos!
>>
>>55288655
Remove all but two of the 1/day spells
At every level, add hit dice as normal (1d4-1)
At every other level, add one of the spells in the list
>>
>>55288907
Hunter Ranger is fine.
Beast Master was fucked because it screwed your action economy and the beast didn't get stronger as you level.
>>
>>55288756
Yeah. And melee range is defined as within 5 feet. It's not affected by reach. He explicitly said that he was intending to get sentinel *for use with his whip*. So his benefit is he can make things speed 0 if he makes an opportunity attack, and he can hit things with an opportunity attack even if they disengage. How often does "even if they disengage" come up in the average campaign?
>>
>>55288867
Couldn't the DM just introduce a lot of non-undead enemies as well?
>>
File: READ NIGGA, READ.png (98KB, 321x324px) Image search: [Google]
READ NIGGA, READ.png
98KB, 321x324px
>>55288601
>>55288265
>>55288259
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFtcLJVN8yg
>>
>>55288867
Fair point desu
>>55289000
What the hell are you, some kind of reasonably intelligent DM or something?
>>
>>55289011
>variant rule
>>
>>55288919
Most I've got for you is think of it like a tool kit and not a step by step instruction manual. If you need to change bits around or expand on certain areas/NPCs feel free to do so if that's what you're players are doing.
>>
For monk's 9th level unarmored movement improvement do you sink/fall if you end your movement while still running up a wall/ on water
>>
>>55289039
>he says as he rolls his 50th variant human
>>
>>55288907
Are they REALLY that good? I thought it was just a meme. Moon druids are kinda but I never saw how rangers could be OP
>>
>>55288951
I like that. I'm thinking one spell every two levels after the fourth level.
>>
>>55289000
>DM's carefully thought out undead-centred campaign
If your suggestion is to change his carefully thought-out plans because a player is cheesing, then you're being a bit of a selfish player.
>>
>>55289060
>DMG
Players don't get to pick DMG rules
>>
>>55289039
A rule that a DM can use based on the description of a PC's actions or if they feel it would fit. The issue is it is a rule and therefore perfectly acceptable even if you don't like it.
>>
>>55289071
>>55289000
Also, the whole point was "shit all over the DM's... plans," so presumably adding non-undead enemies will be annoying to both the DM and the player. At that point, just don't play that character.
>>
>>55288836
This is to replace a Beast Master's beast right?
I'm not super familiar with the revised Beast Conclave one but the PHB one does say its HP is either maxed out hit dice OR ranger level x4, so hp might not be too much of an issue?
>>
>>55286156
>>55288490

Hexblade 5/Sorcerer 7
Take Thirsting Blade, Eldritch Smite and Agonizing Blast. You are now a paladin with better spells. Take War Caster so you can use a shield, and to help keep the Hex up.
Stone sorcerer for the HP, I guess? Or Favored Soul?
>>
>>55289094
Players don't get to pick variant rules from the PHB, either. Only the DM can allow variant rules, in the same way that only the DM can allow house rules.
>>
>>55289071
Admittedly though, the whole idea is a bit fallacious - if the DM's campaign is so carefully thought, why hasn't he prepared anything in case there are anti-undead classes in the party.
>>
>>55289057
DM fiat, but I would say "yes" unless you specifically grab a handhold on the wall or such. It says "without falling DURING THE MOVE". Once you stop moving, you no longer have that effect applied to you and you start to fall.

>>55289071
I personally think that a variety of beasts and possibly monstrosities go along quite well with undead. It doesn't seem thematically super weird to be like "YOU'RE FIGHTING VAMPIRES .. AND A PACK OF WOLVES ARRIVES", or "YOU'RE FIGHTING SKELETONS.. AND SPIDERS ARRIVE".

I'm largely of the opinion that if you tell the players its going to be a super undead campaign, its not shocking if they prepare themselves to fight super undead campaigns. In fact, that would be logically why their characters go roped into this story in the first place isn't it? If you don't tell the players, you're potentially punishing someone for picking something that they just wanted to play. And if you *do* tell the players, but are upset at the idea of someone bringing a wrecking ball of anti-undead energy, you can just tell them that the class isn't available before hand. Legit. DM's can restrict stuff like that. It's a bit wonky, but as long as its done openly and ahead of time it shouldn't cause that much of an issue.

If your 'carefully thought out campaign' falls apart that damned easily, it probably wasn't that carefully thought out. It also seems kind of one note if you cannot adjust it to fit the players.
>>
>>55289063
>Are they REALLY that good?
Yes, that's why everyone talks about how amazing they are all the time, and why they start with such overpowered abilities like "walking through forests is nicer than normal for you" and "man do you HATE goblins"
>>
>>55289094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAMKtoEcNbI
It's right there in the PHB, nigger. READ IT.
>>
Is there a way to download all from the Alternate Trove?
>>
>>55289152
>>55289151
I agree with your points here specifically, but what I don't agree with is "make characters specifically to be OP and/or foil the DM's plans." That's just not a good attitude.
>>
>>55289149
Consider this: DMs should balance the usefulness of any character type in the party, so if there's a strong barbarian and a speedy rogue letting the rogue do whatever the Barb can do because he can outrun having to use STR for anything feels bad for the barbarian
>>
>>55289039
You've got to admit the intimidation one makes sense though?
On the one hand, Myal'daboor the elven rogue leans in and whispers "Do your kidneys follow Azzdan? Because, if you reach for that crossbow you've so cunningly hidden under the table, they're about to get a taddy wee bit more..." taps dagger lightly against character's back, "hole-y."
And on the other, Ty'rown the half-ork pops his guns and says "GGRRRUUUUUUNGH"
>>
>>55289205
OK? That has very little to do with the post you responded to. All I'm saying is that all optional rules are up to the DM.
Variant human itself, which the person I responded to implied is different from DMG alternate rules because it's in the PHB, says it needs to be allowed by the DM.
Talking to your DM should always be the first thing you try whenever you want anything.
>>
>>55289157
Hearty keks were had
>>
>>55289227
Nice try Ty'rown
You just popped a projectile weapon on a group of monks
Have fun
>>
>>55289289
>TFW so swole that your 'ceps are classed as ranged weapons
Half-orcs truly are the master race
>>
Any chance we'll get CoS tokens into the trove?
>>
>>55289321
Fuck I though they meant shooty guns
>>
>Tomb of Annihilation out on Roll20 for 12+ hours now
>No leaks
I guess it's true, /5eg/ doesn't play D&D
>>
>>55289249
And the comment that made all you pedants explode explicitly mentioned talking with your DM.
>>
Anyone have experience with the revised Arcane Archer? I want to try a magic archer for a campaign and am weighing my options.
>>
>>55289484
>all you pedants
My first comment was >>55289149 because I was triggered by the suggestion that PHB variant rules are up to the players. I have no other horse in this race.
>>
>>55289490
I will play one for ToA so I'm also curious about this
>>
>>55289055
thanks m8, I hear there's an awful lot of NPC's to keep track of right out the gate, probably going to need a week to prepare a load of side notes for my own benefit
>>
What is an effective Path for a Barbarian?
>>
File: 1485906091473.png (104KB, 300x334px) Image search: [Google]
1485906091473.png
104KB, 300x334px
>>55289542
Totem. Go Bearbarian and laugh as you get a whole army on you and they can't down you.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170908-160420.png (751KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170908-160420.png
751KB, 1080x1920px
>>55289482
Actually I got a shit load if Toa stuff
>>
>>55289573
post the goods, man.
>>
Just to check, the only released halfling subraces are the two from PHB and the ghostwise in SCAG, right?

Sorry for asking dumb questions - there used to be a 5e anon github that had all the data in one place but I guess it got banned?
>>
Hey /5eg/ I need some battle maps. Do you have any?

I need something for a fight in a city's streets and a few that are inside a large house or other building like that.
>>
>>55289573
Dang that's a pretty nice item. I was expecting there to be some sort of minor curse just from the name and first few paragraphs. But nah just all around helpful ghostie frien
>>
>>55289569
That actually sounds really neat.

Any standard tips for playing a Barbarian? Will I be okay jumping into fights with the purpose of RIPing and TEARing?
>>
>>55289604

astranauta
>>
>>55289650
>Having the friendly ghost help you at all times
>He's trapped on the ghost lantern since forever
>You have the option to free him once you can dispel stuff

Would you, /5eg/?

>>55289667
Yes. And yes. You have the highest hit dice of any class, and you get AC from your Constitution and Dexterity. Your STR can max to 24 instead of 20, and you dont need INT; WIS, or CHA for anything other than Perception and RP, which the rest will do; you're savageman, fury of the wilds.

You are literally a fleshbomb that once thrown on the battlefield generates a massive mushroom cloud of blood. Go ahead and try.
>>
>>55289724

if I was positive the ghost really was friendly and innocent, I'd free him, yeah
>>
>>55289711
thousand thanks
>>
>>55289724
>>You have the option to free him once you can dispel stuff
Yeah, once I figured out it was actually a kind soul and not some wraith stuck in a lantern. All souls have to move on to the afterlife, I wouldn't want to keep him trapped inside if he was genuinely good
>>
>>55289724
If he can communicate then I'd leave it up to him after I realized he's a good guy. Probably break out ye olde quija board and have him mage hand his responses if he cannont speak
>>
>>55289724
>You have the highest hit dice of any class
Damn.
>AC from your Constitution and Dexterity
Jesus
>Your STR can max to 24 instead of 20
WHAAAAAAAAAT

Yeah I'm psyched. This will be my second 5e character and I feel like I'll enjoy it more than my ranged Fighter even though he's the dps holocaust of that campaign and party at level 5 so far.
>>
>>55289775
I'm glad I hyped you up anon; Go Human Variant if you're starting at 1st level for early Great Weapon Mastery and early "lol I do 15 damage per hit like nothing", or half-orc if you like to do triple damage with crits on your battle axe
>>
>>55289482
The Roll20 version isn't 100% complete, like the other modules on there.

Perfectionists will wait.
>>
>>55288589
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
>>55289147
Isn't the point of sorclock just to make your EB really good? If you are meleeing then you aren't EBing
>>
>>55289828
The DM is starting us at level 4 and we all have to play Ghostwise Halflings although the DM will allow us to use the +1 Wis to any other stat. Otherwise yeah I'd definitely go something more fitting.

Where can I find something mentioning that Barb STR can be maxed at 24?
>>
>>55289724
>>55289828
I feel like I have an irrational hate for Barbarians when I DM for all of these reasons
>>
I kind of wish the Light cantrip didn't trivialize other light sources.

Hooded lanterns and rustic torches and silver candlesticks, etc, are cool as fuck.

I mean, the cleric turning his shield into a beacon of light is cool, too, but, you know.
>>
>>55289897
>not always having 1 caster with hold person so the barbarian is inactive for a round and his rage ends
>>
File: 1499041717895.jpg (65KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
1499041717895.jpg
65KB, 600x686px
>>55289877
Page 49 of the PHB.
>>
>>55289775
>>55289828
>Go Human Variant if you're starting at 1st level for early Great Weapon Mastery
Don't actually be that douchy, just wait until level 4 for the feat. Take something more interesting or pick a non-human race.

also, just because you're a barbarian doesn't mean you have to be a savage
>>
>>55289910
Did you not just see the cool ass ghost lantern
>>
File: 1400544522917.jpg (363KB, 640x805px) Image search: [Google]
1400544522917.jpg
363KB, 640x805px
>>55289910
>Not just having darkvision

????
>>
>>55289877
>Where can I find something mentioning that Barb STR can be maxed at 24?
this may sound crazy, but have you considered looking in the barb class?
>>
>>55289954
>just because you're a barbarian doesn't mean you have to be a savage
>not being a savage barbarian

Maybe, but what fun is there on that?
>>
>>55289936
>>55289965
Fair enough. I thought this was something early on so I didn't read that far ahead. Thanks for helping me out, brothers.
>>
>>55289910
This. It's gotten to the point where the wizard in the group I DM for has told me that he intends to keep Light cast on a small pebble that his familiar carries at all times. There's not much I can do about it except be a dick and be like, "it's been an hour, the light fades and now you can't see anything" all the freaking time.

And at the same time, I think it would be cool to hand out magic items that can act as torches, but they'd probably just be ignored.
>>
What's playing a bladesinger like?

How do you do it? Do you get in a melee and cast shit? Do you play a regular backliner but with more AC in case you need it? Do you buff yourself and then just bash heads most of the time?
>>
>>55289962

not houseruling darkvision be banned in 2017
>>
>>55289999
If I were to do that, it'd be Green Flame Blade all day long
>>
File: IMG_0982.jpg (15KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0982.jpg
15KB, 226x223px
>>55290009
>banning darkvision
>>
>>55289877
Don't play a great-weapon halfling barb, it's a meme that's honestly not even funny anymore. Barbarogue memes are much funnier.

>>55289973
being an erudite warrior who reflavours rage as a battletrance and the other features as shit that complements it
>>
What are worthwhile feats for a ranged Fighter? I have Sharpshooter.
>>
>>55289999
the third one

also nice quads
>>
>>55289863
It's possible for a multiclass combination to have multiple different options, friend.
>>
>>55290025

darkvision kills immersion and totally invalidates cool shit like torches and lanterns. Never will there be a dark fire-lit corridor casting shapes on the stone walls; nah, 85% of the party just sees everything in greyscale like some fucking marines for no reason.

make torches great again
>>
>>55290025
Not him, but seeing as every race aside from Humans, Halflings, and Dragonborn all have Darkvision, it's not like it's some special ability, instead, it acts like a handicap for those races.
>>
>>55290037
I'm trippin' hard. We can be a halfling or an orc--according to the setting--so I'll be an orc. Educate me on multiclassing rogue though.
>>
How does a level 1 party handle a bugbear if their DM was a good boy and had them fight 3 or so battles before, as well as an hp tax trap. Average damage on the bugbear will likely knock out anyone with less than 14 con and potentially kill if the PC's are at less than full
>>
>>55290069
i don't know about you, but I use it in roll20 with dynamic lighting for my dungeons and even with darkvision they don't see everything, and I mix traps and encounters that are outside their darkvision or outside of normal vision.
>>
>>55290040
Pick up crossbow expert next.
>>
>>55290086
Hopefully they have a way of kiting it.

If they were all wizards with ray of frost I bet they would be fine
>>
>>55290074
At least keep it for the dwarves man
>>
>>55290069
>Not playing majority human campaign
Good roleplayers know nonhuman races are a roleplaying crutch, and munchkins should all be playing v.human anyway.
>>
>>55289724
You might want WIS as a saving throw
>>
>>55290117
I know you're playing devil's advocate but it almost physically pains me because I know there are people who really think like this.
>>
>>55290086
Don't walk right into traps. Fight on your terms, not theirs. If you run right into it in the hope that your status as protagonists will see you through, you deserve what happens next.

Level 1 is the only time 5e comes close to that deadly old-school feel. For once, your decisions mean the difference between life and death rather than maybe the combat lasting one extra round. Enjoy it.
>>
>>55290116
This is how I feel, Darkvision should be more exclusive. As it is, if you're playing with a typically party, you're going to have 3+ characters that don't give a shit about darkness, and then 1 or 2 unlucky guys that decided to play Human.

Then, we fall into this problem:>>55289910
>>55289982
>>
>>55290091
Yeah, you can definitely put up with it in a mechanical sense but the feature is so ubiquitous that you'll basically always have at least one player (usually more than half the group) who just doesnt care about darkness in any meaningful way. Not that that's a problem mechanics- or balance-wise, it just really hurts immersion. Carrying a torch through a spooky tunnel riddled with undead is so much more interesting than seeing everything around you because you're (not) special.

It depends on how much your party values immersion and roleplay - if they're more interested in the mechanics of the game and rolling lots of dice then keep darkvision because (I guess) it adds another layer of complexity to theorycrafting, but if your party likes to play dnd to be immersed in a fantasy world, kill that shit immediately and don't look back.
>>
>>55288975
Melee range isn't affected by reach? I guess the text of the feat does discriminate between "your reach" and "melee range."

Fuck the lazy and imprecise language in this game.
>>
>>55290091
Dark Vision is the soy sauce of racial powers.

It's nice on top of something that actually matters, but that's about it.
>>
>>55290117
>munchkins should all be playing v.human anyway.

I really consider missing out on the feat totally worth it if it means I never have to bother with torches, the Light spell or anything else.
>>
>>55290040

https://ggnorecast.com/2015/06/02/try-this-one-weird-trick-to-optimize-your-fighter/

Currently playing this build and lemme tell you its fucking amazing

Highest single target damage character I've played by far
>>
>>55290149
I don't really get why elves get it
>>
>>55290170
Do you also not get why dwarves are short, or why tieflings have horns?
>>
>>55290095
Why is that?
>>
>>55290040
Crossbow Expert for the McCree fighter build. Alert for being able to blow your load first every combat. Inspiring Leader, Magic Initiate, or Ritual Caster for fun

>>55290083
>barbarogue
The gist of it is you take your initial level in Rogue (Expertise on Athletics and one other, more skills in general, and access to Sneak Attack) and then the rest in Barbarian until 5. You'll want to pick up the Shieldmaster feat (Var. human works wonders but you can always take it at 4) and that allows you to be the most knock-downing person in the ever. You use the bonus action Shove attempt to knock someone prone when raging and because most enemies don't have any sort of Athletics proficiency to contest this, you're almost guaranteed to knock them down. You have +7 to Athletics and advantage on the check because of rage at level 2.

Keep DEX at 14 (maybe 13 since point buy can starve you a bit), max STR and CON, maybe up INT or WIS with the points left depending on how you like to spice things. You won't deal as much damage as a GWM barbarian but Sneak Attack from the Rogue helps you keep up in damage.
>>
>>55290169
Will take a look at it. Appreciate you, anon.
>>
>>55290191
Explain asshole, those hippie shits live in the woods, beside the elf eyes meme why should they get it
>>
>>55290193
Swap whatever weapon you're using with a Hand Crossbow and you pump out 3 1d6+10+DEX attacks in a turn.
>>
Races that should have darkvision:
>Dwarves
>Elves
>Rock Gnomes
>Half-Orcs
>Tieflings
>>
>>55290137
I could actually roll with the first half because I like human-centric games, but no, I don't actually think playing nonhumans is a roleplaying crutch... for good roleplayers. For bad roleplayers it absolutely is.
>>
>>55290156
When you put it like that, yeah I can see your perspective but it doesn't pet peeve me to the point that I want to ban it. What I do generally is make the dungeon very dark overall so the idea of a "dungeon filled with just darkness and the living dead" comes across to my players.

>>55290163
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1463863771984.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1463863771984.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
>>55290216
Have you ever been in the woods at night friend
>>
>>55288612
Can someone with 7 int read?
>>
>>55290263
Is it any darker that literally anywhere else at night?
>>
>>55290280
Probably at a fairly basic level.

>>55290296
Yes. There's a lot less ambient light from the sky/stars/moon.
>>
>>55290280
Sadly I don't think D&D has any built in correlation between a character's stats and their aptitude for any skill that isn't one of the built in skill checks.
>>
>>55290263
Then why don't Lizardfolk or Firbolgs get it?
>>
>>55290136
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLwdAlsINTg
>>
>>55285209
>players say they want wilderness exploration
>party abilities and Goodberry mean they can't get lost or run out of food
>they won't go into dungeons
>staying above ground means they can avoid most fights and never get into more than one fight a day

why the fuck am I even here
>>
>>55290280
>>55290311
>>55290318

I thought 8 across the board is what a perfectly normal human's stat spread would be.

So an 8 INT dude isn't dumb, just perfectly average. Or is that 3.5/PF?
>>
>>55290161
Same reason that throwing weapons are not ranged weapons, they are melee weapons making a ranged attack. "Melee range" is essentially a defined term of "within 5 feet", while reach means "you can make an attack against something one step out of melee range".

I don't think it would break the game to allow a reach user to trigger sentinels last point with reach, but by RAW it doesn't work.

>>55290296
I feel people really underestimate how fucking dark places get at night without ambient night. Doubly so if you're talking about dense forests that block out light.

>>55290265
It's not just an underground thing.
>>
>>55290349
8 was never average. It's the baseline because you're expected to raise some stats from it but still have one or two at or near 8.
10 or 11 is the average point for a human in every stat, more or less by definition.
>>
>>55290263
But even elves "sleep" (meditate I know) at night, likely during the darkest hours
>>
>>55290216
>what do your elven eyes see
>>
>>55290411
Theyre taking the hobbits to Isengaurd
>>
>>55288050
>>55288186
>>55288975
>>55290161
Feat has been, and reach does apply to OAs per: https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/596930753063071745
With fancy footwork and sentinel, I have a lot of survivability. Of course the whip has shit damage, but that's the only reach weapon with finesse.
>>
>>55290411
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeajNpTLgrY
>>
>>55290401
Humans have 11 in every stat. Racial bonuses for baseline nobodies are on top of that.
>>
>>55290403
>But even elves "sleep" (meditate I know) at night, likely during the darkest hours
Would still be nice to be able to see approaching predators if you're on watch.

>>55290423
Reach may increase OAs, but the attack from the third point of sentinel isn't an OA.
>>
>>55290457
But thats what the big ass ears are for right
>>
>>55290423
No one is arguing that it doesn't apply to OA's. Just that the third point isn't an OA, so your only benefit from reach is the ability to make OA's at 10 feet, and to make a creatures speed drop to 0. I find this of questionable value.
>>
File: 1287572867136.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1287572867136.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>55290216

Because they were born before the Sun and Moon were created from the two trees, and they were born under the stars. For a time they lived in that darkness, before the Valar found them and brought them home.
>>
>>55289962
Darkvision lets you see in darkness as if it were dim light.
Dim light imposes disadvantage on sight-based perception checks.
Your dorf or elf will still need a light source to spot ambushes and secret stuffs.
>>
>>55290444
>Humans have 11 in every stat
Hardly any human has 11 in every stat. 11 is for "average" humans, but almost nobody is average across the board. Almost everyone has at least one stat outside the 10-11 range, and often more than one.
And (prepare to be scandalized) nobody's stats have to average 11 either. All humans are not created equal. Some are just better. They're often popular in high school.

>>55290466
Not if you're an archer.
>>
>>55290170
>>55290216
BECAUS ELFS ARE FUCKIN SUPER HUMAN
>>
>>55290457
>Would still be nice to be able to see approaching predators if you're on watch.

i think by this logic you could say that any race that can see should have darkvision because it's nice to be able to see approaching threats in the dark of night
>>
>>55290477
>brought them home.
The Valar didn't "bring them home," they decided they were pretty and brought them to live with them, as one does with a pet, instead of leaving them in their natural environment.
All elves are intrinsically tied to the natural world. Removing them from it because of the scary monsters is ignoring the point of making sapient peoples in the first place.
Yes, I'm a human who's butthurt that the racist Valar only liked elves enough to take them home with them.
>>
>>55290263
>>55290311
Great, we got wood elves and drow covered
>>
>>55290494
Well no, because the amount of lighting varies from place to place. It's a LOT easier to see things at night (especially on a moonlit night) when you hang out in a savanna than in a forest. Plus, you can't light fires in the woods as easily.
If you want to be hyper-realistic, night vision depends mostly on what hours a creature operates in. You could make the case that elves aren't diurnal, but rather nocturnal or crepuscular. The latter being more likely because elves love twilight and whatnot.
>>
Is there an official thri-kreen race?
>>
>>55290554
YES, several editions ago
>>
>>55290554
Hello, Dante
>>
>>55290489
Sure, but for game balance it's assumed every human has 11 in everything, and every non adventuring non human has 11 in every stat + racial modifiers.
>>
>>55290513
That's enough internet for today Melkor, back to the darkness now
>>
How much easier will Velkenvelve be if the players can get any of the weapons/armor they could have started with from drow armory? We did a oneshot to teach people the rules, and some of the players seem particularity attached to their gear already. It almost makes me want to run a whole other adventure so I don't have to take their crap from them, but I've wanted to run OotA for almost a year now.
>>
Tomb of Annihilation is on Roll 20. Does it tell us anything new? And what is the actual release day?
>>
>>55290489
>Chad gets +1 Str mod
>Int only useful in nerd subclass
;_;
>>
>>55289954
There's nothing wrong with picking GWM at level 1.
>>
>Want to make a Tiefling Barbarian because of a basic outline of a backstory that came to mind and I NEED TO STOP MAKING FUCKING WARLOCKS
>No way to get a +3 to STR until level 4
Oh, fuck me.

So how would I go about this? Feral just for the sake of the DEX, or Abyssal for CON and the semi-Tough?

Basically the character managed to hide that they were a tiefling for a long time,
only to be found out and locked away for years, with nobody else and only a few books.. Eventually, they snapped, smashed down the door, and broke free. It'd also be fun to just have a Barbarian with a positive INT mod.
>>
>>55290682
There's absolutely no reason for this to be the case. What "game balance" is hurt by the local blacksmith having 14 STR, the local priest having 12 WIS, or the local book seller having 8 CON?
>>
>>55290796
Nothing at all. But it's silly to think any DM should roll for every nobody in the world.
>>
>>55290738
It's the paladin who is mostly attached to his lance. I'm thinking of giving Shoor the Lance as a trophy and it be something they really fight for if the paladin can convince the group of it.
>>
>>55290808
Who said anything about rolling? I declare that the local blacksmith has 14 STR.
I'm obviously not going to go person-by-person and assign them stats, but if a person's stats do become relevant, I'm not just going to assume they're all 11.
>>
>>55290790
With bounded accuracy, who cares? Go for it
>>
>>55290743
Zombie TRex who pukes out other Zombies as an action
>>
>>55290847
Do what?
>>
>>55290836
sure, fine.

but if the party has a horde of villagers with pitchforks and torches...
>>
I've been playing this game for almost a year, why haven't I gone down into the steam tunnels and killed myself yet?
>>
>>55290862
Yes.
>>
>>55290862
Regardless if this is bait or not, this is great and I want to use it now. My lich will no longer have a dracolich as a pet, but a Tyranolich who spits up whatever it eats as undead
>>
>>55290862
Bonus action, actually. It spits out one zombie, roll a d6, on a 1 it's out of zombies. When it dies, 1d4 zombies emerge from its corpse.
>>
>>55290933
>When it dies, 1d4 zombies emerge from its corpse.
What if it's out of zombies?
>>
Rank the books that aren't modules/adventures in order of importance of acquiring (Player's, DM, Monster, Volo's, Sword Coast, Xanathar even though it's not out yet).
>>
Which world did you set your Yawning Portal campaign in?
>>
>>55290951
Just get all the PDFs at once
>>
>>55290457
>>55290473
My bad, yeah, the feat is very poorly worded. but the OA and reach is what I want from the feat.
>>
>>55290951
Player's Handbook
Monster Manual
>>>>>>
Everything else
>>
>>55290951
PHB > MM > DMG > Everything else
>>
>>55290973
>the feat is very poorly worded.
Not at all. It's very precisely worded to prevent unwanted interactions.

>>55290951
>If player
PHB > SCAG > Volo. XGE will be either right above SCAG or right below it.
>If DM
PHB > MM > Volo > SCAG. XGE might be above SCAG if you don't care about SCAG's fluff.
>>
Honestly, I love everything about the artificer... except the Mechanical Servant. It's a fucking lvl 6 core feature so I can't avoid it. Any good ideas what homebrewed feature to replace it with?
>>
>>55290951
As a player:
PHP > XGE > VGM > MM

As a DM:
PHP > DMG > VGE > XGE
>>
>>55291004
Shit, forgot the DMG.
>If DM
PHB > MM > DMG > Volo > SCAG and XGE as before.
>>
>>55291020
obviously robo armor with defense against most stuff
>>
>>55290951
Player's Handbook is most important. Monster Manual is important is you're a DM. Dungeon Master's Guide is nice but completely optional. Volo's is nice for the monsters, and Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide is nice required reading if you're running a game in the Forgotten Realms, but if you're buying either for the splat material you are the worst type of person and should re-examine your life choices.
>>
>>55290973
But you've got that already. Your net gain is 'one target cant move if you hit them with an OA', and 'you hit them with an OA even if they disengage'. I mean its .. Not bad, but I feel like you'd be better off focusing in other directions. Oh well. Hopefully characters fun to you.
>>
>>55291032
No.
>>
>>55290943
The feature only triggers if the T Rex wasn't out of Zombies
>>
Class tier list in terms of utility/do-it-all status?
>>
http://prints.mikeschley.com/p923843744/h956e8d5c#h956e8d5c

Mike Schley has the DM and player fully-revealed maps available for free. They're like... 9000x12000 pixels.
>>
>>55291163
Bard/rogue/Wizard > every other class
>>
File: 1283318890017.jpg (36KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1283318890017.jpg
36KB, 180x200px
>>55291033
Then... what should people buy for splat?
>>
>>55291254
Xanathar's guide to everything
>>
>>55290919
it's not a bait, you can see it on the boxart for the ToA mini blind boxes.
>>
>>55291180
this only forget the rogue
>>
Which class requires the minimum amount of dice rolling?
>>
>>55291378
Champion Fighter
>>
>>55291378
if you build it right, a wizard will never have to pick up a die.
>>
>>55291254
Splat was a mistake. If you're an optimizer, stick to optimizers' forums and stay away from the game table.
>>
So uhh, Mystic, what if I choose the Order of the Immortal and then just all the straight up fighty vanilla stuff like Brute Force and Psychic Hammer/Mind Slam, how does it compare to Fighter or Monk?
>>
what's missing from the roll20 ToA?

kinda surprised there isnt a PDF, 14 hours after digital release
>>
>>55291504
>what's missing from the roll20 ToA?
Reasonable pricing and a dev that doesn't let other men sleep with his wife.
>>
>>55291623
OKAY but I need to know what character is gay
>>
>>55288674
Sounds fine, trading combat for utility
>>
>>55290572
......Amoroso?
>>
>>55287176
You fucking Monster! This is why we cant have nice things.
>>
>>55291747
All of them u shitlord
Thread posts: 411
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.