[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suitable Resurrection Debuff?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Lancel.jpg (15KB, 236x406px) Image search: [Google]
Lancel.jpg
15KB, 236x406px
Hey, /tg/, I'm playing a pretty high fantasy game with some friends (I'm the GM) and very recently, my players have killed a champion of the Gods. They did this for political reasons, as he stood to rally the common man against their feudal overlords, to whom my players are allied, but that's neither here nor there. They assassinated the champion (already weakened by a botched poisoning attempt) and fled for high heavens, HOWEVER, they then regretted it, realising that he's not some batshit warlord, and that he actually was a champion and now they fear either A) Godly Retribution or B) The wrath of whatever he was here to face.

Some shit happens in between then and now, but the players have since basically resurrected him, by resurrecting a player whose essence was linked with his, however, as this was not a direct resurrection of the champion, it stands to reason that he should now be toting some form of disadvantage, but I can't for the life of me think of anything creative/fun.

I come to you for help my friends, so please, let discussion ensue.

>tl;dr
>Healthy, young champion of God's killed
>Soul-linked individual died and is raised, letting champion piggy-back the resurrection
>What would be a creative, non-trite issue/issues for the raised champion to face for 'half-resurrecting', as it were?
>>
>>55271808
For all that it matters, the champion is a 27 human male with the tiniest drop of angel's blood (distant, famous ancestor was an Aasimar equivalent) who has proved to be an incredible statesman and a competent swordsman, who feels great fidelity with cottars, serfs and men of the lands, in spite of noble birth.
>>
>>55271848
*27 year old

God damn, sorry
>>
>>55271808
>>55271848
Simple.

While the Human side of him was slightly weakened by the revival, the Angel side was unaffected, and "filled in the blanks" of his soul that didn't make it with him; he's now slightly more Angel than he was before.

This isn't all sunshine and gumdrops, however. He is now sufficiently Angelic that he has an Angel's weaknesses, such as taking more damage from unholy sources.
>>
>>55271962
I kind of like that; the angels in the setting we play, while still on the side of good and law, most of the time, can seem like psychopaths to the humans below. While Gods oft show compassion and shit, as often as they do retribution, angels are diligent in their application of their domains, to the absolute letter. So maybe with the combination of being killed (he's never really met with someone who didn't love him, so someone so vindictively attacking him would be a real shell shock) and yeah, all the angel seeping into the cracks, we have less of a 'I'm here to free the people from their chains!' statesman and more of 'The people don't know what's good for them and I must protect them from themselves' kind of patriarch.

Neato man, thanks for the suggestion.
>>
Just bumping to keep this alive, but won't keep it up if truly nothing bites- nobody got anything else to help a brother out?
>>
Could he now maybe be tethered to the player's character who he's linked to? That is to say, he can't truly die now, unless that character dies and if that character dies, he's guaranteed to die? It's a buff, technically, with the whole horcrux kind of deal, but also a debuff as PC's tend to get themselves killed with semi-regularity, so they're not the kind of people you want your life force tied to.

Could even buff the player with it- damage that would normally rend or harm the player's character's soul or 'essence' or w/e might go through to the champion instead.
>>
>>55271808
since it wasnt a real resurrection you could have the champion believe he's dead and is living out the quest in the afterlife. Good ending = heaven, bad ending = hell.

Make him a bit more reckless and distracted and like this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcOZx1C3-U
if you could play that music too whenever he speaks that would be amazing.
>>
>>55273050
When faced with evidence that he's alive, however, e.g. he meets the players, or familiar faces or sees familiar sights, does he just believe it to be a trick or does he think that he's in control of his body, but still dead? Because if it's the first, I think it'd be hard to pull off, but interesting, but if it's the second, it's no real different to him being alive.
>>
>>55273050
He would think he was remembering it but actually doing it for the first time. So he's in control and alive but thinks hes dead and noone can convince him otherwise.

Say if he met someone new he would greet them, but then remark afterwards what his inner thoughts would be/'had been'. 'Hi Jim', 'I had always liked Jim, but he always stood too close and had a snaggle tooth like my mom'

Picks up a weapon 'ah, the familiar weight of a trusty blade. If only I could have lived long enough to experience that one more time'

On second thoughts this would be extremely hard to write or ad lib.
>>
>>55273356
I've done improv activities every weekend for like three years now, so I can bullshit my way through that kind of behaviour (I hope, at least), but yeah, I like it, it sounds cool; it might be enough to make the party think that he's a little too far gone to be a credible threat anymore, or at the very least give him the 'injured puppy' vibe, so they won't just remurder him.

In a world of fantastical and magical possibilities, you gave me a pretty plausible, grounded and yet still interesting and fun option, so kudos to you, man, that isn't easy :D
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.