[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That guy thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 36

>>
>>55271246
Polimorph any one?
>>
>>55271954
There are many reasons why my group has banned that spell. This is one of them.
>>
>>55271954
SJWs don't want easy Polymorph or gender changing magic. That would mean trans people in the setting would have no problems since they can just magically swap.

They don't want to win. They want to complain about suffering and be praised as heroes.
>>
The art is dope though, who's the artist?
>>
>>55274183
Sounds like you're just grasping at straws to get mad here, pal.
>>
This guy sounds like a tool.

In any case, wouldn't there be spells or magical items to change someone's sex like a polymorph or a Medallion of Sex Changing? I mean, if it's a low magic setting I could imagine having to transition the old fashion way; but Blue Rose seems pretty mid-high magic.
>>
>>55274257
Sounds like you're projecting
>>
I have actually talked about how among anyone with sufficient wealth in a magical setting (like most D&D derivatives) essentially have issues of race, sex, sexuality, gender, etc. dissolve. Even death is only an expensive condition that can be cured.

The plight of trans individuals would simply not exist among the wealthy since they can mold their bodies as they see fit. To the right those problems would essentially be meaningless. Also because stat boosting items are a thing the rich are stronger, smarter, tougher, wiser, more charismatic, and simply better than their poor peers. Death means nothing to them. They're as beautiful as they want to be with magic.

Basically rich people in D&D settings are nearly a different civilization due to their magical enhancements and would culturally diverge hugely from the poor.
>>
>>55274197
Oh fuck, I found the named artists, they're more than 30, this is going to take a time
>>
>>55274183
Buddy, I live in the fucking Bay Area, probably THE most SJW part of the entire country, and play tabletop regularly.

I have literally never met a single person who complains about Polymorph despite the fact that almost every single person I know would be considered an "SJW" by /tg/ standards.

Stop being such a faggot and searching for things to get triggered about and go do something productive with your miserable troglodyte life
>>
>>55274282
People want wish fulfillment fantasies where their problems are trivially easy to fix, but they also don't want to see their problems treated as trivial. It's a no-win situation. Whether you portray problems as hard or easy to overcome, people will treat it as a personal attack. So a lot of things try to have it both ways, where the problem is solved but people who WOULD have the problem are still treated as heroes for overcoming their non-existent problems.
>>
>>55274183
This.
They keep injecting real life problems into games meant to ESCAPE real life problems where most stuff can be wished away by the wave of a wand or an injection of nanomachines.

This happens when people base their identity on a single arbitrary characteristic like race or gender instead of the whole of their knowledge and experiences. In settings where those characteristics are irrelevant THEY are irrelevant.

It's like some crazy deaf people refusing cochlear implants because they see them as ruining 'deaf culture' instead of curing a disease.
If tomorrow they invented a painless way to actually biologically turn into a different gender or alternatively to fix whatever hormonal imbalance makes them want to, they would refuse it.
>>
>>55273904
That's kinda sad on your part.
>>
>>55274548
Then the only safe thing to do is not to bring it up.
>>
File: 1492240261489.jpg (21KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492240261489.jpg
21KB, 640x420px
>>55274183
SJW ideology is built around victimhood and oppression. They can't function without being oppressed because it would mean that they are responsible for themselves and can't shift blame onto others.

Imagine if EVERYTHING SJWs wanted in an RPG was given to them. People switch sexes at will, everyone can be romantic with everyone else, and it's completely egalitarian. Would they be satisfied? Or would they say that the writers aren't diverse enough, the editors aren't diverse enough, the artists aren't diverse enough? It's impossible to satisfy these people because they care very little about the causes they advocate, but only out of self-aggrandizement and virtue signaling.
>>
>>55274535
>everyone I know is an sjw
>live in the most sjw part of the country

You can't see the forest from the trees, faggot.
>>
>>55274600
>checked
This guy gets it
>>
>>55274535
They're not going to complain about it because that would require them to admit that they're just addicted to outrage.
>>
>>55274934
You're missing the point that no-one in his RPG group thinks polymorph is bad because it allows for instant sex changes.

While transgender mentality is an illness, that doesn't mean they're all batshit insane sjw folks.

Hormones can seriously mess with your brain, though.

Anecdotally I remember one of my close friends who went through the whole transition thing, hormones and all, full surgery works, and came out the other side passing pretty much perfectly.

She went into hormone therapy with a well adjusted view, went to 13/10 crazy "kill all menfolk" attitude about 3/4 of the way through, then once everything was lopped off and her hormone balance had stabilised, she became much more peaceful, apologised for all the harmful things she said, and not long after cut off most of her previous contacts, presumably because she wanted to continue life without past reminders of what she was.

The only tranny gits ones who want there to be a struggle are the ones who don't have the funds, resources of willpower to do all the stuff that it'd take to actually appear like the other gender, so they try to drag everyone else down into thinking "oh you have to make a huge thing of it" because they won't be able to make it and they don't want to see other's make it.

The ones who do make it? Don't act like crazy bitches/bastards after. Of course you don't see them because they're over and through with it successfully enough that most people don't notice them.
>>
>>55271954
I never understood why it's an issue in most fantasy settings. "Sure, you would rather be a woman, stop making a big deal about it and save your pay so you can go down the local alchemist shop to just buy a potion. I know a rich couple who do it on the regular to spice things up in the bedroom."
>>
>>55271246
>chapter on transitioning
>many snowflakes were triggered by it
Does this guy not know what "snowflake" and/or "triggered" means? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>55275605
The other side thinks we're snowflakes for DEUS VULT, calling people faggots and being 'edgy'. Sue-ism is relative.
>>
>>55274679
Then you get accused of not having any representation
>>
>>55275325
In my experience, permanent shape-changing magic is pretty hard to get in most settings. Also often involves dealing with dangerous, unnatural creatures.
>>
>>55275605
Tumblr is a bunch of sensitive special snowflakes that want their identity politics to be catered to, bitch about the representation of ethnic minorities, women and the LGBT community in nerdy interests and are easily upset by anything that stands against their beliefs.
/pol/ is a bunch of sensitive special snowflakes that want their identity politics to be catered to, bitch about the representation of ethnic minorities, women and the LGBT community in nerdy interests and are easily upset by anything that stands against their beliefs.

'Snowflake' and 'triggered' are applicable to both.
>>
>>55274197
>>55274466

Artist is Marie Magny
>>
Well this thread is off to an auspicious start.
>>
File: 1491142617682.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1491142617682.gif
2MB, 228x170px
Oh boy another thread decrying how the sockjuice boogermen are invading my hobby that I only participate in by complaining about on a Tibetan dhole-wrestling forum
>>
>>55271246
>goes out of his way to make the game about sexuality/ID politics
>looks like a total fuckin mong

Color me surprised.
>>
From a trans friend:
>I don't need to transition in rpgs, I can be a woman from the start.

>>55275786
Which is exactly the kind of situation where a party of adventurers would get involved to help someone in need or make a quick buck.
>>
>>55275786
Fair enough. I was mostly looking at D&D-esque spell level logic, where Alter Self effect is a 2nd level spell. So "Alter Self Exclusively to Female/Male" seems like it would be roughly the equivalent of a 1st-2nd level potion.
Throw in the fact that in 5e the "what happens when you mix potions?" table in the DMG has "One of the two effects become permanent" as the 100. Since NPC classes aren't a thing anymore it doesn't seem weird to just say that a trained alchemist can manipulate that table depending on their skill level and on method/ingredients.
I don't think it's absurd to say a well known Alchemist in a large city in a high magic setting could put one together in a week/month reliably after the order comes in unless they run out of ingredients. But that's also something exclusive to someone who spends their life mixing potions and remedies.
>>
>>55273904
Of all the reasons to ban polymorph it's kind of strange to pick that one instead of it just being OP as fuck most of the time. I mean if you want to get into things that make people uncomfortable that magic glosses over I would think burn and acid injuries would be top of the list
>>
>>55274896
Look at the Starfinder forums and you'll see this verbatim, there was a thread about how queer the races were and the trans person in the thread complained that the sex change potion took away the struggle that trans people face, they even said that it seemed to be written by from a "white cis male" perspective.

I think the forum was called Queering up Starfinder.
>>
Why play as a man who gets turned into a woman (save for fetish reasons) when you could just play as a woman?
>>
>>55274535
Buddy, I live in San Diego among cucks and degenerates and I can assure you, most are appaled when I suggest that they use Polymorph because that would be "too easy" and "cheating". These people want to suffer and be ostracized, it's what they need to attract attention to themselves because most have an utterly abominable character
If your group has no problem, fine, good for you. But other groups have faced this problem regularly and your subjective biased view does not invalidate their experiences
>>
>>55275799
This. /pol/ is as much about victimhood as SJWs, both are a problem but when you confront one about their shittiness they either bring up Stormfront/Deport All Mexicans or Antifa/BLM to deflect. Normal people care more about the other sides extremists than about the extremists on their side of the political spectrum because they are closer to their views, so both sides fail to dump their baggage and get dragged down in the mud. People need to be able to call out their own side for their shittiness and not be made to feel like traitors.
>>
>>55274934
I could be the biggest rainbow prancing homo-man in the goddamn universe and it still wouldn't change the fact that nobody I know complains about Polymorph, which is the express point I was making, you drooling scumfuck retarded flaming shitpile of a human being.

>>55275015
So you're telling me that the SJWs aren't complaining is proof that they like to complain too much, and that you aren't an easily-triggered diaper-wearing tendie-munching pissbaby even though you literally have to make up imaginary instances of racism SJWism to justify being in a perpetual state of screeching temper tantrum on a Mongolian fingerpainting website?
>>
>>55274896
For what it's worth, I do philosophy for a living and I think that part of the problem with modern identity politics is that amateurs and activists do not follow the philosophy so they are either operating on a misunderstanding of the theories, or are operating on philosophy that's hopelessly out of date. It gives a bad name to some concepts with some decent interpretations.
>>
>>55277539
Don't bring the good folk of SD into this, they dindu nuffin.
>>
This fucking threadful of crying, buttravaged bitches.
>>
>>55277539
>My personal experience is this. Other people might have anecdotal evidence that coincides with mine
>Anyway your subjective biased view does not invalidate their experience

wew lad
>>
>>55275799
>>55277551
Horseshoe theory is retarded and you're retarded for believing it.
There is no middle ground between truth and lies. Either something is true or it's a lie.

Stormfront and TDS are basically banned from the internet.

BLM/Antifa are protected by the government and media.

There is no comparison.
>>
>>55277998
You have a containment board for a reason, please stay there.
>>
File: Suplex_by_Mancomb_Seepwood.jpg (697KB, 1771x1604px) Image search: [Google]
Suplex_by_Mancomb_Seepwood.jpg
697KB, 1771x1604px
Could you guys post some examples (verifiable evidence, not personal anecdotes) about trannies refusing to use polymorph, etc. in D&D?

Because it kind of sounds like this doesn't actually happen.
>>
>>55277317
>I think the forum was called Queering up Starfinder.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ujlp&page=1?Lets-Queer-Up-Starfinder

>I do think there's an additional caveat to the serum of sex shift being as cheap and readily available as it is. With the future being what it is, and the, to quote Terry Pratchett, "black and white being too busy to beat up on green to hate one another," it's possible that issues of gender identity and sexuality have actually evolved in really interesting ways. Like, changing sex in most places might be like changing a haircut. Like, I fully anticipate infuriated blog posts on the infosphere akin to "my stupid sibling shifted and took my top without asking, which is soooo like them, grumble grumble" and all sorts of things. I wonder if, now that such technology is nearly trivial to obtain and use, if that itself is symptomatic of society treating the idea of gender fluidity as a given. The simple possibility of it is amazing for examining the inherent oddity of how restrictive we are with it now, as well as setting up many an interesting NPC and story-arc. Like, there's so much there. I'm super glad they put it in.
>>
>>55278165
>Could you guys post some examples (verifiable evidence, not personal anecdotes) about trannies refusing to use polymorph, etc. in D&D?

The thread listed here >>55278280 pretty casually mentions the "problematic" expectation that Trans* people should use the Serum of Sex Change to transition into their mental sex, because "they shouldn't have to change if they don't want to" and "you're the asshole if you think they should."
>>
>>55278368
The thing you posted and what you say you posted don't seem to be the same thing at all.
>>
>>55278165
What kind of dumbass comment is this? Anecdotes are a problem when you're trying to prove a trend "X has a correlation to Y", not when you're trying to prove something in the form of "X occurs".

Are you looking for a video and just completely incapable of articulating this?
>>
>>55278527
>Are you looking for a video and just completely incapable of articulating this?
More of a "can you actually show that ebil skeletons constantly complain about polymorph spells and you're not just inventing strawmen to rage about", really.

A video would be nice, or a blogpost more than 30 minutes old, or just anything besides "trust me it happens all the time". After all, I'm in your group and I know that nobody in it ever complains about this.
>>
>>55276041
>dhole-wrestling
I like you.

>>55277998
>There is no middle ground between truth and lies. Either something is true or it's a lie.
"You're a contemptible faggot" is both true and a lie. It's true in that you absolutely cannot stop sucking dicks, but a lie in that you've never actually gotten laid. Hence, your assertion is shit and you're a contemptible faggot.
>>
>>55274535
Is that pooping problem getting any better? Hang in there mate, hopefully you can move away soon.
>>
>>55275799
I don't think you understand what snowflake means. It doesn't mean someone is sensitive it means they try too hard to be unique
>>
>>55277998
>blm/antifa are protected by gov't and media
that is... literally the exact opposite of the truth. like it's remarkable just how fucking wrong you are. have you seen the number of centrists and liberals condemning both groups lately, especially as antifa (which isn't actually a group with a hierarchical leadership structure) has become more active in the face of an increase in neo-nazi and white supremacist demonstrations in recent months? you're an absolute delusional moron if you think the government (and perhaps more importantly, the police) are taking the leftists' side right now.
>>
File: 1473614698122~2.jpg (35KB, 468x404px) Image search: [Google]
1473614698122~2.jpg
35KB, 468x404px
>>55277978
Apocakek
>>
>>55279150
do you think that by accusing him of being delusional first, nobody can call you out on your skewed view?
It's well documented that the police have been told to stand down during black block civil disturbances and that several mayors of major cities are tacitly or even openly in support of it
>>
>>55277998
Antifa is designated domestic terrorist violence by the FBI and BLM is being considered for the same status how is that protected?

Also Stormfront was only recently taken down because some of it's members were implicated in a murder that the site seemed to encourage.
>>
>>55279239
Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em; the dude seems to have conveniently ignored the fact that the FBI is close to classifying antifa as domestic terrorists. Forgive me my skepticism here, but I do not for one minute believe, nor have I seen evidence to suggest that, anyone in a position with a modicum of official power is either tacitly or openly sympathetic towards black bloc; do be so would unequivocally go against the interests of power (and themselves in their capacity as agents of power). I don't count the mayor of Baltimore being in favor of removing confederate statues as being supportive of black bloc, by the way, since I'm sure someone's gonna raise that point eventually.
>>
>>55279054
It can mean both buddy.
Snow flakes are unique AND fragile.
>>
>>55274896
Right-winger ideology is built around victimhood and oppression. They can't function without being oppressed because it would mean that they are responsible for themselves and can't shift blame onto others.

Imagine if EVERYTHING right-wingers wanted in an RPG was given to them. People are locked into their assigned gender, no one can be romantic with the same sex, and it's completely patriarchal. Would they be satisfied? Or would they say that the writers aren't white enough, the editors aren't white enough, the artists aren't white enough? It's impossible to satisfy these people because they care very little about the causes they advocate, but only out of self-aggrandizement and virtue signaling.
>>
>>55279396
I know you're trolling, but you should actually read what you just wrote. You do realize that none of the things you listed are things that right-wingers actually advocate, right?
>>
>>55279239
lol antifa is cool because beating the shit out of Nazis is awesome and because liberals whine and scold them constantly which makes people like them more since everyone hates Democrat douchebags these days.

>>55279429
lol you want that shit and you know it
>>
>>55279429
I think he means pol-fags not right wingers.
But clarity in laguage would be nice in this political climate.
>>
>>55279456
Oh, /pol/. Yeah, that would make a little more sense. I'm not sure "virtue signaling" applies to them, since it seems like the point is to be seen acting against social norms- but then I guess acting against the social norm IS the social norm for /pol/?
>>
>>55279441
jesus you're a fag, and I'm ostensibly on the same side as you, what with being a liberal and all.
>>
>>55279441
>lol antifa is cool because beating the shit out of Nazis is awesome and because liberals whine and scold them constantly which makes people like them more since everyone hates Democrat douchebags these days.
I'm literally not sure what you're trying to say or whether it's sarcastic or serious. Have you tried using commas?
>>
>>55279480
I think they virtue signal pretty hard, it's just their values (white purity, eugenics and such) don't align with those who normally virtue signal so it looks like something different.
>>
>>55279480
Ding ding, we have a winner
>>55279490
>conflating liberals and leftists
>current year
I seriously hope, &c.
>>
>>55279441
>lol
stopped reading there
>>
>>55279535
In common usage within the U.S. the terms are largely interchangeable, it's not factually correct but it's clear enough for the purposes of most communication.
>>
>>55279595
I know, I'm mostly just taking the piss. The distinction only really becomes relevant once you move leftwards out of the Overton window.
>>
>>55271246
I like how triggered is a universal pejorative now. 'Member when triggers were a deadly serious issues that the left was going to force everyone to kowtow to? I 'member.

>>55279480
Every side has its virtue signalers. The term is just meaningless now because it's used for both people who genuinely state their principles and for insincere performers grubbing for social points (of their particular in-group).
>>
>>55271246
Why is this bull shut infecting our hobby? Oh that's right western women.
>>
>>55279647
The thing is, triggers are still something that needs to be taken seriously in the context of mental health and for those with PTSD. Their popular image has been tainted via mis- and overuse, but the idea behind them is still very relevant and an important consideration to make for those affected by trauma.
>>
>>55279623
Overton?
>>
>>55279647
>Every side has its virtue signalers.The term is just meaningless now.
True.
>>
>>55279660
I doubt it's women, it's probably more that fact that everything is becoming political and people are being forced to choose sides everywhere.
Besides nearly all of my groups have been majority women and politis and gender never fucking came up, they were to busy trying to kill bandits.
>>
>>55278165
I recently was running a game where I had a transgender guy that wanted his character to be a transgender guy. I asked him why not make him a woman instead because it seemed to me like that was undue suffering and difficulty. So he went ahead and changed him into a lady.
Just an anecdote but it happened.
>>
>>55280019
>transgender guy
Come on, at least say "transwoman."
>>
>>55280137
Most people don't know the right pronouns don't give them flak just help them out, otherwise you're making interactions between trans people and others more difficult.
>>
>>55279697
I don't deny PTSD and triggers are real problems, hell I don't even have a problem with the concept of trigger warnings (but that specific term is ruined). As you said though, the mis- and overuse of the term dumped several truckloads of poison into that well. Just seeing the sensitive, empathic left spit the term out in the same fashion as their hated frogposting nemesis makes for a cheap laugh.
>>
>>55279647
Remember when triggers were for veterans with ptsd?
Peperidge Farms remembers.
>>
File: polymorph other.jpg (83KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
polymorph other.jpg
83KB, 750x600px
>>55274183
I wish I had polymorph. an easy fix would be awesome.
>>
>>55279328
>anyone in a position with a modicum of official power is either tacitly or openly sympathetic towards black bloc
If they're influential enough to be considered a bloc, they have open support.

>>55279647
>I like how triggered is a universal pejorative now. 'Member when triggers were a deadly serious issues that the left was going to force everyone to kowtow to? I 'member.
Still are, the mocking usage just has way more breadth than the "I'm so un-racist I can't watch racist movies" usage which has way more breadth than the "I uncontrollably shake and hyperventillate in the presence of repeated loud noises because my PTSD is a rare and particular flavor of hell" usage.

Point is, I still see people applying and suggesting trigger warnings for fanfiction and the like.

>Every side has its virtue signalers. The term is just meaningless now
It's pejorative, so it was always a codeword for "people I don't like." That doesn't mean the actual meaning behind it doesn't have some utility.

>>55279697
>The thing is, triggers are still something that needs to be taken seriously in the context of...
>...an important consideration to make for those affected...
So is insulin, but since the number of people affected is stupidly small and the ways in which a given person can fuck that up is stupidly smaller, it's pretty safe to ignore unless you happen to be dating or counseling one, at which point they'll presumably explain it to you.

For normal people, it's safe to classify as internet slang and/or someone being a jackoff.
>>
>>55279815
The Overton window essentially refers to the portion of the ideological spectrum that's accepted as legitimate within a certain political discourse. So for example, the US' Overton window has broadened in recent years; Sanders' candidacy would have been far less impactful in the mid-2000s than it was in 2016, simply because his democratic socialist platform has become, for a variety of reasons, more accepted within mainstream discourses since 2010 or so. The same, funnily enough, goes for someone like Trump; his right-leaning populism would have been derided as extremist rantings if he had been running in, say, 2004, before the 2008 financial crisis refueled middle America's fears about immigration-related job loss.
>>
>>55280339
>if they're influential enough to be considered a bloc, they have open support
It's worth noting that "black bloc" doesn't refer to a "bloc" as one might think of it in an electoral sense. Black bloc is most accurately described as a tactic, most commonly used by anti-fascist or far-left protesters in order to make identification of individual members by police more difficult. I was at fault there for referring to "black bloc" in the conventional sense; my bad.
>>
>>55280339
>I still see people applying and suggesting trigger warnings for fanfiction and the like.

That's out of sensitivity for rape victims who can and do develop ptsd from the event, and suffer flashbacks from depictions of rape, which are shockingly common in Fan-fiction.

Add to that the fact that most fan-fiction readers are women who are disproportionately affected by rape and that measure seems at least semi-valid right?
>>
>>55280350
>The Overton window essentially refers to the portion of the ideological spectrum that's accepted.
Thank for explaining!

>the US' Overton window has broadened in recent years.

I'd argue it hasn't so much widened, as separated into two diverging windows of political acceptability, one on the relatively extreme right and a mirror on the left due to partisanship.

What do you think?
>>
>>55280160
trans in "trans woman" is an addictive, not a pronoun.
>>55278165
I've gamed with groups made entirely of transgender people before, we all just made the characters we wanted to play. I've only had one person play a transgender character, and he had been cursed by a goddess and was seeking a permanent solution to the problem, but that was a low-level game and a low magic setting so polymorph never came up.
>>
>>55271246
why would snowflakes be mad, now they can play their trans character like they always wanted
>>
>>55273904
Yeah that's a weird reason. Imagine if one of your "friends" is non binary or whatever, you just make things awkward to force them to play to your personal social views. Now on the other hand imagine you all hate LGBT stuff then it's more like a weird circle jerk of edginess. All round a very weird reason to ban a spell.
>>
>>55280531
>trans in "trans woman" is an adjective, not a pronoun.
fixed that.
>>
>>55280442
>That's out of sensitivity for rape victims who can and do develop ptsd from the event, and suffer flashbacks from depictions of rape, which are shockingly common in Fan-fiction.
>Add to that the fact that most fan-fiction readers are women who are disproportionately affected by rape and that measure seems at least semi-valid right?
Imagine if video games had trigger warnings for violence, out of sensitivity for vets who can and do develop PTSD from the event and suffer flashbacks from-

You know just typing this is feeling tedious, you take my point: No. It's absurdly rare. Insisting everything contain a trigger warning just in case is like insisting every meal comes with an insulin injector. People insisting as such are either retardedly ill-informed about the topic or virtue signaling, and if it's important enough to mention but they've never actually checked the line is probably pretty blurry.
>>
>>55274183
It sounds like you're fantasizing about a group of people that don't exist so you can talk about problems that don't exist.
>>
>>55280531
Wouldn't actual trans people feel the most comfortable playing as the sex they wish they were born as?
>>
File: DDAbxBCVoAAA1hC[1].jpg (90KB, 736x481px) Image search: [Google]
DDAbxBCVoAAA1hC[1].jpg
90KB, 736x481px
>>55276041
I'd wrestle a dhole.
>>
>>55280512
That's an interesting perspective on it, actually! I think what you're noting is absolutely true in terms of the behavior we see in Congress and the general ideological bent of the two major parties. I'd argue, however, that acceptability and representation of various ideological positions are separate considerations and should be treated as such.

I actually did a research project that incorporated this topic in my last year of undergrad: a detailed study of congressional roll-call voting conducted in 2010 (if I remember correctly) showed a statistically significant increase in partisanship within the Senate; put simply, the aisle was crossed less frequently, which points to a divergence of the positions of the two major parties.

However, I'd argue that in terms of sheer acceptability regardless of representation, the window has decidedly broadened; it's not as though to broadcast a centrist viewpoint is unacceptable for pundits or mainstream political writers. Rather, it's simply the case that the two major parties have such a stranglehold on the country's political process that the bounds of what constitutes an acceptable viewpoint for someone to hold in their capacity as a member of either party have absolutely split down the middle.

In some sense you could argue that the distinction is meaningless, but I think that there's something to be said for separating discourse as such from party politics.

(long response, sorry, I could talk abt this shit all day)
>>
>>55280627
that's what I meant, trans women played female characters and trans men, barring the one mentioned, played male characters.
>>
>>55277998
So what you are saying is that the altright are the true victims here.
>>
>>55280637
It looks cute
>>
>>55280623
An insulin injector would be impractical, a wanring before something in order not to hurt someone is 3 words and a semi colno
Trigger warning: rape doesn't affect my enjoyment of whatever fucking weird shit i'm reading and trigger wanring: graphic violence, already exists in video games, it's called the ESRB.
>>
>>55274896
>Not wanting more choices
What are you a faggot? more choices is literally the free market. Go kys state run monopoly faggot
>>
>>55280623
>Imagine if video games had trigger warnings for violence.
ESRB Ratings.
>>
>>55280714
And, before they mention TV shows,
>Most shows start a new "segment" after commercials with a "viewer discretion is advised."

That's a trigger warning.
>>
>>55280652
no problem dude post away, also I agree with your points.
>>
>>55280673
Insulin is cheap, disposable needles are cheap. The issue isn't that it can't be done, it's that the benefit is way below even that relatively cheap cost. So it is with putting "Trigger Warning: Rape" over anything with rape in it. It can be done, but the hassle of typing and displaying it isn't worth the nigh-nonexistent payout.

The ESRB is also retarded and useless, and also not aimed at triggers.
>>
>>55280623
Implying that an insulin injector and a line of text that reads "TW: rape, graphic violence" are equivalent is logically unsound. Certainly they fulfill a nominally similar function; that is, to help someone avoid the malicious effects of an illness. That, however, is where the similarities end. Put simply, a diabetic knows what foods will set off a a reaction, and is able to avoid those foods by simply not eating them. A PTSD victim knows which topics will affect them, certainly, but cannot always and everywhere choose to avoid encountering them. An otherwise-innocent movie could suddenly take a dark turn with no warning, or a session of an otherwise-light psychology class could be devoted, with no warning on the part of the instructor, to discussing the effects of childhood abuse. In short, triggering topics come from others over whom one has no control, while one can generally be assumed to have control over what they choose to eat. It's a false equivalence.
>>
>>55280739
>The ESRB is also retarded and useless, and also not aimed at triggers.
Still details shit that people might find disturbing in the manuals.

If there isn't a downside and the dev costs are nil there's absolutely no point in not doing it, Colourblind modes are probably far more of a cost and i don't get mad that they're in the game, even if they don't affect me or anyone i know, the fact that a colour blind dude can now enjoy the game more is a net win.
>>
>>55280336
Hush, you. Don't disrupt anon's narrative.
>>
>>55280623
>Insisting everything contain a trigger warning just in case is like insisting every meal comes with an insulin injector.
better would be insisting that every meal comes with a warning if it contains something that might cause anaphylactic shock. Oh, wait, they do.
>>
>>55280767
I'm pretty sure D&D has always had some kind of content warning on mature books, beyond the usual parental age things. It seems like these things are only now becoming a problem for people because of politics.
>>
>>55280797
Might contain nuts.
>>
>>55280724
That's not a trigger warning, you mong, it's a "we're not responsible for what your kids see or if you get grossed out" warning. It's also, like the ESRB, probably mandated by law for nebulous reasons.

>>55280758
>A PTSD victim knows which topics will affect them, certainly, but cannot always and everywhere choose to avoid encountering them
So we've got a stupidly rare subset (people with triggers) of a stupidly rare subset (people with PTSD) of the population encountering a stupidly rare subset (surprise triggers) of a stupidly rare subset (things that could but are estimated not to contain their particular triggers) of situations.

By the time it stops resembling insulin, it's a nonissue.
>>
>>55280606
Or you just don't play with mentally ill weirdos. I'm certainly not friends with them, they have no place at my table.
>>
>Insulin is cheap, disposable needles are cheap.

Text is cheaper (and is already included for allergens), and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. In addirtion the pay-off isn't nil, and even if it's low 2 seconds of time is a fair trade for not causing someone trauma, people waste time literally all the time, hell were doing it now on this Taiwanese, white, lady-boy escort site.
Also comparing trigger warnings and mandatory insulin is a false equivalence, one is retarded and costly (even if only in the long run) and the other is free.

>The ESRB is also retarded and useless, and also not aimed at triggers.

It still serves the purpose of a trigger warning even if unintended, and it's uselessness isn't relevant to our conversation.
>>
>>55280838
>it is a small group so who cares
tw:rape violence for a small group so they feel more comfortable, something i don't have have to look at and doesn't affect me at all is relevant for that small group, it's a non issue to you and me, and for them it's something they'd like and costs nothing, why not include it?
>>
>>55280838
>It's also, like the ESRB, probably mandated by law for nebulous reasons.
ESRB actually isn't mandated by law, it was put in place by the video game industry to prevent a legislatively mandated regulatory body. it might not sound like that big of a difference, but it means that Video games that aren't rated can still be bought and sold, which prevents censorship.
>>55280830
exactly, or shellfish, or hell a lot of packaging has a symbol that shows that it is kosher.
>>
>>55280442
You deserve to be raped for this comment.
>>
>>55277998
Yes, anon. Of course you're the poor little victim. No one talks about your brand of identity politics in the media, no one in the government represents your interests and beliefs and no one is standing by your side. You're a tiny minority that's all alone and has absolutely no power, while your opposition is monolith and unopposed by anyone other than you, with an absolute stranglehold over the media and the government.

I swear, the sort of double-think that some of you people pull off in order to feel like you're an oppressed minority being subjected to genocide is ridiculous.
>>
>>55277622
idk if you're still around but how exactly does one 'do philosophy for a living'? I know it's often studied by people who are training to be religious ministers and so on, but I imagine you would have said that. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
File: 579.png (94KB, 595x397px) Image search: [Google]
579.png
94KB, 595x397px
>>55280908
I await your lusty snake anon. Ravage me.
>>
>>55280845
So you do it for a weird circle jerk, congratulations, you sure showed your fictional non-binary npcs who's boss.

Hope it doesn't trigger you most people involved with D&D are pro-LGBT, pro-feminism, or LGBT or feminist themselves. Hope it doesn't trigger you too much when they release products with gay characters.
>>
>>55280838
I don't know how many other ways I can convey to you the idea that you should care about other people. Including a line of text in a syllabus or article costs fractions of a penny; I know this is argumentatively kinda bullshit, but in all seriousness, why *not* do it?
>>
File: 1495946423419.jpg (150KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1495946423419.jpg
150KB, 736x736px
>>55280918
>You people
The Fuck you mean YOU PEOPLE?! /s
>>
>>55280606
I think you fail to realize that /pol/acks are the sort of partisans that refuse to be a friend of someone that doesn't share the same cause as them, or that their cause does not approve of.
>>
>>55280938
How is not playing with mentally ill weirdos a circle jerk?

>implying I'm trigger by any of that shit

I don't play with them faggot, why do I care? They put their faggy shit in their books, I buy something else or pirate them and scrap that shit. Why would that bother me? Also, not one person I know that plays tabletop games is LGBTBBQYFYTR, leftist, feminist, or whatever.

But please, go on thinking other people are "triggered" when your side is literally shaking at the slightest provocation.
>>
>>55278165

I once played a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign with a transwoman who played a nonbinary character. The lore was they believed they could surpass gender (and most of the human condition) through augs. Was pretty cool.
>>
>>55281010
Nah it's more like people are looking at you like you just started crapping your pants in public and can't stop yourself screaming and pooping. Stop embarrassing yourself anon McTryhard.
>>
>>55281051
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>55280767
>Still details shit that people might find disturbing in the manuals.
>>55280797
>better would be insisting that every meal comes with a warning if it contains something that might cause anaphylactic shock. Oh, wait, they do.
>>55280896
>exactly, or shellfish, or hell a lot of packaging has a symbol that shows that it is kosher.
What's the relevance of things with warnings (or just information) existing, again? Did you guys think I was arguing that instruction manuals are bullshit or something?

>>55280767
>>55280889
>>55280890
"Why not" is a shit argument, as is "it's easy therefore it's free." It's not free. It takes up time, effort, space, and so on.
>BUT NOT VERY MUCH!
Yeah, but the payoff is even worse. You can't justify buying a nickel with a dollar because "a dollar is so cheap, it's basically free." It has SOME benefit, yes, but its lower than the cost, so it's a bad idea.

>>55280889
>It still serves the purpose of a trigger warning even if unintended, and it's uselessness isn't relevant to our conversation.
Accidentally being a trigger warning is not relevant to this conversation. Its usefulness can be, insofar as they serve as a direct analogy and example for trigger warnings themselves.
>>
>>55274417
So, D&D is a libertarian paradise?
>>
>>55281081
seriously? I spelled it out. a trigger warning is no more difficult to include than an allergen warning and serves a similar purpose. your comparison to insulin was not a good one to make in that case.
>>
File: 1504474871487.gif (210KB, 280x199px) Image search: [Google]
1504474871487.gif
210KB, 280x199px
>The true That Guy was within all of us all along
>>
>>55281134
>Am I that guy?
>No, no, it is the group that are those guys.
>>
File: 1439308649746.jpg (98KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
1439308649746.jpg
98KB, 579x570px
>>55281081
How is preventing one or more peoples suffering not worth a few seconds of your time?
>>
>>55281081
>I want to trick people into poisoning themselves
I think you need to go to a therapist
>>
>>55281158
The prevention of suffering is not actually a noble goal for any but the individual who is suffering.

If they avoid the cause of their suffering, they will only continue to suffer. Much like how exercise causes quite a bit of pain and soreness, psychic suffering can only be truly abated by the person suffering from it overcoming the thing that is causing the suffering.

But we live in an age in which being able to claim suffering is all the identity many people have. So they aren't looking to solve their problems, merely make others acknowledge that they have them.
>>
>>55281081
Warnings exist in media for warning individuals that the media in question contains content that they might not enjoy or might react badly to. This usually comes in the form of ratings and categories listed on the back of boxes when you physically buy films or games, or on the purchasing page when you purchase or download them using the internet.

Trigger warnings have the same function as that for fan fiction. It only started getting meme status when some dumb people from Tumblr started to try and apply it to the rest of the world without realizing that almost everything already has warnings on it, with some dumb people from /pol/ reacting poorly with just as little realization as the people they are opposing.

We live in a world of labels, ratings and warnings already. The whole furor over trigger warnings is utterly meaningless.
>>
File: 1494824494171.jpg (23KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1494824494171.jpg
23KB, 240x260px
>Want to see funny stories about retards being assholes
>"Ha ha comedy"
>Entire thread is screeching about trannies or some bullshit
Why are you like this.
>>
>>55281158
when did 4chan become neogaf?
>>
File: b7X600t.jpg (115KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
b7X600t.jpg
115KB, 500x333px
>The prevention of suffering is not actually a noble goal
Ah, You're an asshole.
>>
>>55281252
Dominant culture is right-wing right now, 4chan is always against dominant culture, ergo we libuls now.
>>
>>55281254
Tell me, what would happen if you gave a child everything it desired, such that it would believe itself to have never suffered?

In nature, the butterfly must struggle out of its cocoon, else it will never be able to fill out its wings, and will die a quick death.

Those who refuse to struggle and conquer their obstacles are not to be respected.
>>
>>55281254
Not him, but what is the triggering scene is meant to be meaningful, or impactful.
Putting
>Tw: Betrayal
At the beginning of a story it's apt to remove a lot of enjoyment.
A tiny chance at removing suffering may not be worth a large chance of removing enjoyment
>>
>>55281291
>>55281291

>being liberal
may as well just be a nazi desu
>>
Just cast "Heal" or "Remove Disease".

If it can cure liver problems, cancer, aids, and small pox, and remove a hellwasp swarm that shoved itself up your ass all at the same time, then it can solve the body problem.

Alternately use "Iron Heart Surge".
>>
>>55281305
>>55281305

>Rated R for extreme violence
>wow this scene of violence has no impact on me anymore : / fr*cken sjws really cheesed this one huh /pol/
>>
>>55281194
>the prevention of suffering is not actually a noble goal
Sure, if you're a sociopath. Do you take the time to actually listen to yourself?
>if they avoid the cause of their suffering, they will only continue to suffer
I see what you're getting at, but recovery is a gradual process; it's not just a matter of concentrating really hard on your problem and suddenly being cured. It takes time, time with which capitalism demands we continue to interface with the world at large. If medical care were free, you'd have a point. However, under our current system wherein medical care is costly, it's unreasonable to simply expect a person suffering from an illness to wall themselves off from society until they've recovered; sure, it can be done, but only with sufficient preexisting resources.
>>
>>55281301
The prevention of major suffering =/= the prevention of ALL suffering. What is it with you and false equivalences?
>>
>>55281305
trigger warning aren't that specific, they mention general area's of unpleasantness, rape, violence,etc.
>>
>>55281318
that is actually a pretty interesting thought. would healing magic change body or mind? what about Metaphysics? the soul of a male could be female and that's what is causing the dysphoria.
>>
>>55281396
You aren't talking about major suffering.

You aren't talking about feeding the poor, stopping war, or raising up the third world.

You're talking about preventing a small number of people from becoming upset. Seems a false equivalence to me.
>>
>>55281483
Trigger warnings are for ptsd sufferers regardless of where the disorder came from, not peoples fefe's. That's a huge diffrence.
>>
>>55281522
You must have missed the decade where they were co opted by the fefe brigade to the point that the entire concept is worthless now.

Much like how rape culture originally referred to the how prison rape was treated, and was then co opted into worthlessness.
>>
>>55274197
Assuming that Green Ronin actually paid them - given they've been stiffing freelancers and people working at cons for them.
>>
>>55281301
(1)slippery slope comboed with strawman
(2) apeal to nature fallacy
(3)social dawrinism
Wow gee sure is high school freshman debate class in here. Want some euphoria to go with your cryptofascism, neckbeard?
>>
>>55281684
Fallacy name dropping is admitting you've lost.
>>
>>55281872
>>55281872
A real man would have pointed out my misspelling of darwinism.
>>
>>55281872
>pointing out a bad argument is admitting you lost
s-sure man, whatever you say....
>>
>>55277998
>BLM/Antifa are protected by the government and media.

One really simple way of recognizing idiots on the internet is to look for people who are talking about US politics and describe Antifa as an actual, credible threat.

Antifa isn't a thing. It's never been a thing in the US. All they do is dress up in black and vandalize some stores every decade or so. They have no unified message, no effective organization, no overarching goal, and no representation in government. All they are is a conservative boogeyman - a shadow on the wall that the right wing media can point to in order to deflect from the actual violent actors infesting their side of the political spectrum.

Just for fun, let's suppose that Antifa was an actual organized group that consistently countered forms of fascist expression with violence, rather than a bunch of black-clad amateurs who defaced the occasional storefront. Even if this was the case (which its not), there would be no moral equivalency between Antifa and fascists. Fascism is evil, full stop, and the often-illustrated equivalency between Antifa and fascists is a false one. Saying Antifa are just as bad as Nazis is a lot like saying that firefighters are just as bad as arsonists, or that doctors are the moral equivalent of polio.

Also, what the fuck is happening to /tg/ tonight? I can't poke my head into any thread without seeing /pol/ shit smeared everywhere I look. Are we getting raided? What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>55281892
He doesn't even warrant that level of scrutiny.

By simply name-dropping the fallacy, he shows that he doesn't understand what a logical fallacy is, or how to apply arguments against them.

To point out that he can't spell, would actually be a logical fallacy. Specifically, ad hominem, as it carries no actual weight to the argument he was, assumedly, trying to make. It merely illustrates why he thinks name-dropping the fallacy and then throwing a ad hominem of his own ontop is enough to win a discussion.

Which is why it should be treated as it is, admitting you've lost.
>>
>>55281916
I think tensions are just high due to the hurricanes/fires/etc. going on right now. Natural disasters are, for better or worse, political events because their response has a political component to it.
>>
>>55281916
>Saying Antifa are just as bad as Nazis is a lot like saying that firefighters are just as bad as arsonists
I literally made the same worded analogy on twitter a few weeks ago.
do you follow me?
It may have been in a thread on here, actually maybe.
>>
>>55281916
So, Antifa acting exactly like the brown-shirts is a false equivalency?
>>
>>55281893

But he has a point. You can't become a functioning human being if you don't have conformation in your life. Life is full of disappointments and having to make compromises. They are there to help you make decisions what are more and less important parts in your life. There is increasing number of manchildren that didn't grow up and they think these absurd demands will somehow improve their lives.
>>
>>55281944
>BUT MUH FALLACY
>Iwasonlypretendingtoberetarded.jpg
>>
>>55281978
>Hey look peanuts
>Chocks on peanuts and dies
>saying its ok to kill granny because she as allergies
>>
>>55281978
Sadly, it has become apparent that I was arguing against either a troll or one of those manchildren.

Thus I'm pretty well done with that course of argument. Though, it is fun to see them continue to REEE.
>>
>>55281916
>Saying Antifa are just as bad as Nazis is a lot like saying that firefighters are just as bad as arsonists

It is bad enough we started to see diversity hiring. Doesn't matter someone is more qualified. We need a female latina in our team. Now imagine if these fuckers who are more radical parts of same diversity ideology gained power they can lean on. They would start "fixing" the society and the system.
>>
>>55281989
Go get some tendies, anon.
>>
>>55281978
To say that "life is [x], and therefore people must do [y]" ignores that "life" as it's defined in that statement (that is, as a stand-in for societal/social impositions upon our mode of living) is fundamentally mutable; "society" is not exogenous. It can be changed, and history demonstrates that. The argument I'm making isn't one that takes current mores and purported necessities as absolutes. It's a normative argument that talks about what I (and others) believe /ought/ to be the case; to argue against a normative argument on grounds of practicality or applicability to society as it currently stands is to miss the point of it entirely.
>>
>>55282118
>to argue against a normative argument on grounds of practicality
Which is why Real Communism has never been tried.
>>
>>55282161

with the amount of countries that implemented Communism and shown some of worst examples of human behavior I would say we seen Real Communism more than once.
>>
>>55280606
>non binary
Doesn't exist
>>
>>55282161
I'm probably just a bit tired, but I'm not totally sure what you're getting at here.

>>55282185
>every single death under a nominally communist regime is the direct result of communism
>n-no, capitalism has never killed anyone!!!

Hate to tell you my man, but capitalist countries have a pretty hefty record of human rights abuses too.
>>
>>55282232

does those hefty records reach death of millions? tens of millions?
>>
>>55282232
That saying arguing against something on the grounds of practicallity is wrong, is a bad argument.

Though, unless you're taking that second reply in a Libertarian "Governments do a lot of evil shit" direction... I think you've lost more plots than the thrust of my joke.

Usually, I see that argument used as either equivocating war deaths with those inflicted as direct action of a government against it's citizens... or trying to claim that there is mass starvation in capitalist nations, and that is the fault of capitalism. Which is patently untrue.

Excepting if one is trying to pull the "state capitalist" argument, which is what Socialism/Communism have always been in practice, as they never "evolve" past the dictatorship stage.
>>
>>55282286
>>55282318
I'm gonna address both these posts at once, since they make similar points. Deaths have occurred under nominally communist regimes; I concede that point, and by no means am I trying to defend the USSR or its ilk. The point I wish to make, however, is that capitalist incentive structures have resulted in such phenomena as: child labor, unsafe working conditions resulting in no shortage of deaths, state-backed strike-busting with lethal results (Pinkertons, etc.), and imperialism for the sake of raw materials or workers (slaves, gold, diamonds, rubber, oil, etc.). These are well-documented occurrences; I am not making these things up. The legacy of imperialism is felt to this day throughout Africa and southeast Asia; ever wondered why those damned africans can never seem to get their shit together? It's because European countries came in, set up extractive institutions designed to suck every last resource out of the country, and then left these countries with no infrastructure or way to rebuild themselves.

Ultimately, the point is not to try and excuse the deaths caused by the USSR or other such countries. The point I'm trying to get at is that capitalism carries with it incentive structures, for both businesses and governments, that promote exploitation and have no problem with allowing otherwise-preventable deaths to occur. I'm not altogether satisfied with the argument I'm putting together here, but it's late and i'm tired.
>>
More /pol/ posting, yay.
>>
>>55282188
neither does gender sweaty
>>
>>55281318
remove disease would be powerful as fuck if it could cure mental illness.
Imagine if the BBEG is mentally ill and you beat him by just using remove disease
>>
>>55282576
ITT /pol/ meets a real leftist who is studied and knows what they're talking about and /pol/ doesn't know what to do.
>>
>>55282668
Insanity is cured by Greater Restoration, which is a high level spell.
>>
>>55282713
Only 5th or 6th level tho (can't remember exactly which), which isn't too crazy all things considered.
>>
>>55282576
The length of this exemplifies why I can't be assed to reply to /pol/tards.
It's so much fucking effort just to explain basic shit they would know if they had a critical bone in their body, and weren't just contrarian edgelords repeating the unresearched statements of other contrarian edgelords.
>>
>>55282576
>child labor
No, children have always labored, what caused "child labor" was that poor children didn't die as infants. Combined with the working class migrating to cities, cause the rich socialites to notice that the children were working to support their families as much as the adults.

>unsafe working conditions
It is only very recently that any conscious effort has been made to make work safe at all. And those were done in Capitalist systems.

>Strike busting
Admittedly, a misuse of government power.

>Imperialism
Hardly a unique crime, and Capitalist nations are the only ones who've actually taken action to end slavery. Even back in mercantilist and fuedalist eras, there were resource wars. In the future, there will still be resource wars. Because human desires are infinite, but resources are decidedly finite.

And Asia is currently the Imperialist power in Africa. China in particular.

>>55282687
Not really, he's just regurgitating the talking points I alluded to in >>55282318 . I'm assuming he paid a lot of good money to have them drilled into him by Communist apologists.
>>
>>55274183
^ this

Martyrdom is addicting.
>>
>>55282576
>child labor, unsafe working conditions resulting in no shortage of deaths, state-backed strike-busting with lethal results (Pinkertons, etc.), and imperialism for the sake of raw materials or workers (slaves, gold, diamonds, rubber, oil, etc.).
but that happens under communism too
>>
>>55282318
>which is what Socialism/Communism have always been in practice, as they never "evolve" past the dictatorship stage.
"what is the paris Commune, Cattalonia, Christendale, Venezuela pre maduera,
>>
File: Rule 63 Potion.jpg (522KB, 1280x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Rule 63 Potion.jpg
522KB, 1280x1434px
>>55274183
Yeah there are people that essentially want to rp that hardship. But unless your party or dm want deal with that drama it really has no place in a fantasy setting where shapeshifting is relatively easy. Kinda what annoys me about Paizos Trans character there is literally a potion that changes your gender permanently why is this adventurer dealing with this other than wanting this unnecessary drama.
>>
>>55280623
>is like insisting every meal comes with an insulin injector.
No, it's like insisting food containing peanuts or peanut byproducts be labeled as such.

Perfectly valid.
>>
>>55282667
Exactly, your determinant for your "gender" is biological sex. I'm glad we're all on the same page.
>>
>>55281583
>entire concept is worthless now.
Not to people with PTSD
>>
>>55280739
>>55281081
>but the hassle of typing and displaying it isn't worth the nigh-nonexistent payout.
You're confusing payout as though not dying or having a panic attack is a benefit when it's really loss aversion. Typing three words takes no money, less time than it takes to sniff your farts, and could prevent actual distress and suffering. Can TW's be used excessively and misapplied? Certainly, but you're comparing something with actual infrastructure necessary to deter life-threatening afflictions with a concerted nigh-effortless action that could deter potential revisited trauma. Your analogy is inapplicable and the method of trigger warnings is efficient and the loss of time is incalculably asinine to any individual, whereas deferring even a single panic attack from a single fic would.

>If they avoid the cause of their suffering, they will only continue to suffer.
That's not the fucking argument, though. Your argument was that it was inefficient, when in reality it is an achievable means to the end of preventing trauma within a sphere of escapism from trauma. There's no morally justifying not putting 3 words in a description when "get tougher" over traumatic experiences is your moral backbone. You seem pretty triggered over TWs, man.
>>
>>55282992
Not really.
>>
>>55274535
Shut up or put up, liar! You free this weekend? Meet me at the Powell St. BART station to scrap. Then afterwards, we can go to the mall.
>>
>>55271246
>that guy thread
>No stories about that guy, just cis autists arguing about trans issues
>>>/pol/
>>
>>55271246

>Only rpg that has a chapter on transitioing.

a) Why THE FUCK would an RPG need that?
b)Mummy the Curse's Guildhalls has two pages about gender dysphoria and finding yourself in a different gender body
>>
File: Find_out_next_time_on_DBZ.jpg (20KB, 626x354px) Image search: [Google]
Find_out_next_time_on_DBZ.jpg
20KB, 626x354px
>enter thread looking to read that guy stories
>enter /pol/ instead
>>
>>55281916

Well they would be just as bad if both the firefighters and arsonists were bashing people's skulls in, or if the firefighters fight arsonists by lighting a fire in the buildings the arsonists reside in

Your comparison is dogshit and completely ignores the problem.
>>
>>55274183
I actually had that happen in a game.
>other character had one arm
>I end up being able to heal him
>I decide to do so
>he gets pissed off because he "wants" his character to have one arm

I will never not understand. Any amputee would do anything to get a new limb. His excuse was that the way he lost it was "too traumatic" which makes no fucking sense because its loosing a fucking limb which is gonna obviously be traumatic as all hell, but your PTSD isn't gonna make you not want the arm back.
>>
>>55281916
>Saying Antifa are just as bad as Nazis is a lot like saying that firefighters are just as bad as arsonists, or that doctors are the moral equivalent of polio.
Honestly, both antifa and brownshirts or your local equivalents have the same goals, the same modus operandi and the same results, which is disgust from everybody else in the population.

The rest of your post is ok.
>>
suffering is relative, right?
If a person would never "suffer" the word would have no meaning for them. the same would be true for the opposite of suffering, however you would want to name it, as there would be no contrast.

This is of course entirely hypothetically, there will always be a contrast. As long as there is a contrast there will be something that is percieved as suffering.
>>
>>55282576
Regarding imperialism, it has been proved that the western powers actually spent more in Africa than what they got from.

Those schools, roads, railroads, ports and hospitals didn't built themselves, even if since WWII africans pretty much destroyed them.
>>
>>55280921
You can do it academically.
>>
>>55277612
It's funny how you claim to live in an SJW land and be somewhat SJW yourself but easily swing around so many slurs and derogatives.
I myself don't like the dumb concept of political correctness, but being polite is important.
>>
>>55279429
>>55279480
But.../pol/ is right wing...?
>>
>>55281916
>Fascism is evil, full stop,

but the trains ran on time in Italy
>>
>>55277998
>Horseshoe theory is retarded and you're retarded for believing it.
Both of the post you quoted are entirely right tho. Not everything is valid in the horseshoe theory but the immaturity and over-sensitivity of both sides is.
>>
>>55285368
>being polite is important
respect is a privilege earned not a right demanded
>>
>>55271246
I don't tolerate SJW shit at the table, why is the table top com filled with fucking weirdos and autists.
>>
>>55285391
4chan is a place where nobody has priveleges, except the mods. You're an anon. You're either disrespectful to everyone and are treated like shit because everyone is also disrespectful, or vice versa, respect everyone as a human being and are treated with respect.
>>
>>55279396
>People are locked into their assigned gender, no one can be romantic with the same sex, and it's completely patriarchal.
So... How it almost always has been?
>>
>>55285751
How it's always been is what triggers the left the most.
>>
>>55285851
The irony is that, 50 years from now, those very same leftists will be crying about the "horrible ways" of the current generation.

Fuck, they're doing it now with Fidget Spinners.
>>
>>55274183
I'm trans myself and I love the idea of a world where my problem is solved by a simple spellcast. Escapism is a hell of a drug.
>>
Politics is politics, and I don't care for them on /tg/. I don't care what kind of politics you espouse or believe should be allowed on /tg/, if it's modern day current politics in any way shape or form, GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
>>55285231
>If the firefighters fight arsonists by lighting a fire in the byildings the arsonists reside in
Not getting involved in the other discussion, but I would fully support this and pay good money to see this dramatised in Film/TV/Comic.
Would certainly bring the message home to the arsonists.
>>
>>55285391
Courtesy and common decency fpr others is a matter of respect for oneself, however.

But more importantly this:>>55285549
>>
>>55285376

/pol/ is whatever the fuck it wants to be to get a rise out of /pol/
>>
>>55279396
>right wingers advocate patriarchy
>right wingers are all white and want only whites
Kys. Other than that they'd be satisfied. Because their ideology doesn't built on being a victim. You nonce.
>>
File: 1464319443272.jpg (16KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464319443272.jpg
16KB, 296x200px
>>55281916
That's the dumbest thing I've read in at least a few days.
>>
>>55280938
>most people involved with D&D are pro-LGBT, pro-feminism, or LGBT or feminist themselves
I'm skeptical about this because a lot of people are literally afraid to say their opinions if they're anti-LGBT or anti-feminist, because of the way that the left will LITERALLY GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO RUIN THAT PERSON'S LIVES IF THEY CATCH THEM IN THE ACT AND FEEL LIKE IT. That might just be my anecdotal experience, though, the local polls whenever people had to vote on gay or trans shit always had much worse results than what people talking in public would lead you to think, gay marriage wouldn't be a thing in my state if Obama wasn't a fucking dictator who decided the federal government should have full control on social issues and state rights can fuck off.
>>
Teehee Maccaroni is the bane of my fucking existence.

Every fucking campaign that my GM runs inevitably at some point involves running into an NPC named "Teehee Maccaroni," who the GM affectionately describes as "an epic level sorcerer who's also a retarded nudist gnome."

Teehee Maccaroni wander the countryside with a unique Rod of Wonders powered by "retard magic" shoved up his anus, and he casts the Rod of Wonders by diddling his penis. He says nothing but his own name in different inflections and the phrase "I like-a the goodberry, gimme gimme the goodberry." The GM thinks it's hilarious to have this character show up during the middle of encounters we're struggling at and start jerking off magic everywhere.

But the worst part is his chant. He wanders around chanting his name, so when he's about to show up the GM will start low;
Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
And then get louder and louder until he's fucking shouting
TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!
TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!

And the table loves it! The other guys I play with think this is the best shit! Teehee Maccaroni has been our table's de-facto inside joke, our signature "running gag" for six years now. When that chant starts up, everyone else joins in like a ritual; the whole table is expected to start chanting "TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI" by the end, and every fucking time I refuse because this is some embarrassing circa-2002 Penguin of Doom shit, it's always the same thing; "There goes user again! No fun allowed around user! Anon's just a big grouch who's getting angry because we're making him touch Teehee Maccaroni's penis again! Why won't you just let us have fun with this character, he's just here for dumb fun, you stick-in-the mud!"

These motherfuckers are all over 25 years old.

Teehee Maccaroni is going to be the death of me.
>>
>>55280624
It sounds like you need to get out more
>>
>>55280797
For legal reasons moron. Meanwhile people ought to understand that reading something upsetting isn't the same. Tv and videogames do it because people bitched it into reality and started filing suits for retarded shit. The default should be understanding that if ur consuming some media and have a hang up, that hang up may be present so prepare yourself, not this faggot force a disclaimer about everything because people are fragile
>>
>>55275786
In Baldurs Gate you get cursed belt of gender change from level 1 quest, and item description states that it was made as a joke.

So in FR it is not that hard.
>>
Daily reminder that "that guy" means "person I don't like" and that "toxic" behavior means "behavior that triggers me". Either adapt or get out.
>>
>>55279396
Nah, right wingers replace virtue signaling with tough guy signaling. Thanks for mentioning you Medal of Honor mister ex-SEAL but I really don't see how that's relevant to crocheting.
>>
>>55287699

.... Tough guy, the virtue of being an asshole.

Anyway, complaining about virtue signaling is a form of virtue signaling.

.... Because you aren't attempting to hide your power level.
>>
>>55287367
>>55287367

>interracial marriage wouldn't be a thing in my state if Johnson wasn't a fucking dictator

-This anon, 1967
>>
>>55287777
>Anyway, complaining about virtue signaling is a form of virtue signaling.

And we've finally realized that "virtue signalling" is a meaningless fucking term
>>
>>55281194
I guess you advocate going to veteran's homes and firing a gun into the air outside their door to help them recover from their PTSD
>>
>>55287839

kek awww speshul snowflakes don't like my first amendment right?
>>
>>55287839
>You're not for coddling people
>Therefor you must be for intentionally and directly inflicting things upon them.
The false dichotomy, whilst a favorite tactic of the left, is swiftly falling out of efficacy.
>>
>>55287903
They said that repeated exposure builds tolerance to the trauma. That was what I was getting at, you dolt.
>>
>>55287368

This is fucking hilarious.

It's so retarded its incredible.
>>
>>55281959
Only antifa is fighting words with punches.
>>
>>55285378
No, the trains did not run on time. Mussolini specifically made sure that trains were booked, redirected and halted at a moment's notice to service himself and his family and friends. He fucked over the whole of the Italian train infrastructure to serve his own interests.

Fascism was never efficient. The whole idea is that leadership should not be done in the most efficient way but in the most forceful way. Fascism is the political equivalent of using bombs to remove fallen trees from the road and calling any other way weakness.
>>
>>55287926
That is the basis of exposure therapy.

The visiting of a trauma/fear in a controlled and manageable way. Doesn't take a doctor to do, all one has to do is confront ones own fears on their own terms.

You weren't getting at shit. You were putting forth hyperbole as the next logical step. Which is why you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>55285162
>Unironically using cis
>x issues can only be discussed by x because u don't know what it's like at all!
This is why the west is dying.
>>
Bluerose is the worst sort of SJW garbage. It doesn't even have good rules.
>>
>>55282940
>that time a Paladin sold their Holy Avenger to buy one Sex-Change Potion
>>
>>55274183
>>55274600
This is exactly why I don't actually mind trans people. If you honestly transition and don't make a big deal over it, then fine, I'll call you by the pronoun you currently present as.

If on the other hand, you make a huge fuss about being triggered by not being called 'she' when you're dressed like a dude; if you delay and dither over transitioning and just use it as a point to bring up, then fuck you,
>>
>>55287970

>anon still doesn't know the tolerance paradox
>>
File: Blue Rose Explained.png (890KB, 1655x2797px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Rose Explained.png
890KB, 1655x2797px
>>55288097
>Bluerose is the worst sort of SJW garbage. It doesn't even have good rules.

See pic related for someone who has actually read the thing.
>>
>>55287368
Sounds like Filthy Frank
>>
>>55285249
My first ever dnd character had one arm, I thought it'd be cool to have a prosthesis as a spellcasting focus and just built it into the rest of the story
I stopped playing him before we even got to 5th level but I think it would have been cool to go on a side quest to find a scroll of regenerate or a healer who can cast it
would have been a bit of a shame to somehow go until the cleric in your party reaches 13th level without anything significant happening in regards to it and he just magics it back with no extra effort.
But if your character has a debilitating condition it's only natural to want it to go away, the guy in your story is dumb despite everything i've said
>>
>>55288204
After going through the d20 book I am highly dubious that the system has good rules and isn't left leaning. I would put it on level with MYFAROG among others, as it is entirely unapologetic.
>>
>>55288346
>After going through the d20 book I am highly dubious that the system has good rules and isn't left leaning. I would put it on level with MYFAROG among others, as it is entirely unapologetic.

You went to the source and formed your own opinions instead of relying on memes. I can't be mad at that.
>>
>>55288190
Right. So let's get rid of the violently intolerant first. Bye antifa
>>
File: appraising.png (15KB, 135x106px) Image search: [Google]
appraising.png
15KB, 135x106px
>>55288781
>>
>>55287826

Oh, it's a useful way to say "how dare you state/do things I don't agree with" and appear tough guy.

Not actually useful for discussing things, or self analysis.
>>
This thread is utter garbage
>>
>>55288822
Got an alternative? Quit being obtuse. Violence and genuine barrier is the metric, other intolerance may as well be permissible
>>
>>55281483
>WHAT ABOUT THE STARVING CHILDREN IN AFRICA?!?
Believe it or not, people are allowed to not like the fact that they're suffering even if other people are suffering MORE.
>>
>>55288953
Just as I'm allowed to not care about the superfluous "suffering" of some being used to justify inconveniences on the rest of us.
>>
>>55289050
Not caring about suffering isn't the same as that suffering not EXISTING. Most of us don't give out all of our money to the homeless, but that doesn't change the fact that the homeless generally live lives of deprivation, humiliation, and discomfort, often amplified by mental illness. Problems don't go away when you close your eyes to them.
Also, content warnings aren't an "inconvenience" unless you're looking for things to complain about (after all, "viewer discretion is advised" has been a thing for decades, and demanding an exhaustive list of EVERYTHING that might upset someone in a program is ALSO something you do only when you're looking for things to complain about).
>>
>>55287812
False equivalance, you can't choose to be black.
>>
>>55289222
You can't choose to be gay either.
>>
>>55289234
Sure you can, just stop sucking dick. Just because OP hasn't tried it doesn't mean he can't.
>>
File: really makes you think.jpg (235KB, 1838x2048px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.jpg
235KB, 1838x2048px
>>55285862
Well I mean fidget spinners are mentally enslaving children so they're a bit justified.
>>
>>55289167
I didn't say it doesn't exist. Im saying it's a superfluous type and that the cost, however small, is still too much for the benefit it provides. Generally people can agree to subsidize demonstrable/easily measurable suffering in some way or another, but to be forced to do anything extra for words and shit is crossing a line.
>>
>>55271246
> I'm Oppressed by Hypothetical Sjews Making Claims on the Internet: the Thread
>>
>>55289167
>>55289340
I'm not closing my eyes, I'm well aware some people don't like shit and a select few may even be genuinely ptsd style triggered by something. Ultimately I don't care if these sufferings go away. They're ridiculously small for the vast majority in the first place and for those it "helps" there's an argument to be made that they'd be equally helped by being exposed to it now and again: coming to accept that your trigger is a part of reality you can't avoid is healthy. The tv and game advisories were developed with an entirely different goal in mind, they're not to keep people from being disturbed they're to avoid legal crap that was being threatened.
>>
>>55289340
Well, that's your opinion. I think it's a ridiculous opinion (because you logically cannot mean that something with a marginal cost with a non-marginal benefit is still too much of a cost unless you actually believe that people with traumatic disorders deserve punishment for having a traumatic disorder), but you are certainly free to have it.
>>
>>55287970
> words
But fascists literally murder people, and not just when they come into power, but as a result of achieving a certain, even minimal, level of organisation; spreading terror through violence is their modus operandi, fascism is literally a terrorist ideology.
You'd think that people who talk about politics would know a thing about history, and you don't even need that considering the last couple decades. Fascists prove themselves violent regardless of the approach chosen to deal with them every single time they become active as a tendency. Only fascists and idiots who fail for fascist lies would claim that fascism isn't inherently violent and anti-humane.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't understand what /pol/ is trying to do here, but it's so transparent, I wonder why they even bother.
>>
>>55289422
>They're ridiculously small for the vast majority in the first place
Schizophrenia afflicts a very small segment of the population as well, but that doesn't mean that people with it are acceptable losses.
>There's an argument to be made that they'd be helped by being exposed to it now and again
You're correct, but that exposure should be a CHOICE on behalf of that person as an agent, and I support their right to make that choice. You will NOT cure a rape victim's trauma by randomly exposing them to images of rape by surprise; all that will do is make them jumpy all the time (which they hardly need any help with). You are not a mental health professional, and neither is the TV.
>Those were developed for other reasons
And Viagra was developed to treat heart disease, not give people hard-ons. WHY something was made is often tangential to WHAT it does.
>>
File: adequate mem.png (246KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
adequate mem.png
246KB, 720x480px
>>55288924
>>55289243
>>
>>55289222

>you can choose your sexual orientation

go back to /pol/
>>
>>55289477
And when the fascists become violent, they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. WHEN they become violent, and not one second before. Likewise, when antifascists are responding to a person exercising their freedoms of speech and assembly (which are extended even to known criminal enterprises and terrorist groups, may I point out) and committing no crime by assaulting them (and therefore committing a crime), they will also be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The United States is not a country where we arrest people for crimes they have not yet committed, or where we punish people for what they say or think, instead of what they do. If you disagree with this, consider the following: would you want your political opponents to have the power to arrest people for what they say or think? Because in a democracy, you do not give powers just to one faction in politics.
>>
>>55289559
Why is it that saying the slightest non-PC thing gets you labeled as /pol/ now?
>>
>>55275809
Oh thanks, I gave up trying.
Sadly she doesn't have much
>>
>>55289439
>deserve
You're a fucking retard. It has nothing to do with deserve. This moral highground crap is always the end game and its dumb as shit. And that's setting aside that my position is that the benefit IS marginal. The only difference here is in our valuation, i say you're too highly valuing the benefit, you say I'm undervaluing. Solution is you use warnings and I don't - but the second it become a broad thing again we're right back at it because I do not believe you can force it
>>
>>55289477
You can say the same about anything. You can't use history the way you want to. You punish when people do wrong, not when they might do wrong.
>>
>>55289652

.... Don't you want to know where the gross shit is at?
>>
>>55289698
What?
>>
File: IMG_3114.jpg (77KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3114.jpg
77KB, 1024x1024px
>>55289598
> legality trumps facts
Oh, please, this isn't even funny.
> WHEN they become violent, and not one second before.
See? You can claim to be a centrist all you want, this is how you show yourself to be a fascist.
Also, notice the wording. You know that it's "when" and not "if", and you still make the choice to let innocent people suffer rather than persecute people who openly display criminal intent and have a history of being utterly disrespectful of any and all laws that aren't their own.
>>55289668
The idea that justice should never be preventive is one that after years of personal experience I came to associate exclusively with the right. Please, oh please do tell me that you're a centrist who considers caring about things to be lame and for losers.
>>
>>55289365
>everyone I dislike is Hitler
>>
>>55289748
You're a moron. Jesus Christ. Literally 1984 thought crime advocate on our hands.
>>
>>55289748
>rather than persecute people who openly display criminal intent and have a history of being utterly disrespectful of any and all laws that aren't their own.
Careful with that one. We could just as easily justify murdering Communists in the streets with that logic, and Antifa are avowed Anarcho-Communists.
>>
>>55289698
>>55289743
I mean it's not like it's a surprise. If you're going to an action movie expect violence. If you're watching a porno titled assplotion 12 expect some gross shit. It's not like a peanut allergy where some tiny aspect of its production being tangent to gross shit will kill you
>>
>>55289748
Not him but it's inevitable that radicals from either the far left or the far right will become violent, I don't blame anon for using the term "when." Politics is a pendulum and there are retards on both sides who take things too far. And WHEN they do, you punish them. You don't punish people for having viewpoints you dislike, however.
Anon's statement of
>If you disagree with this, consider the following: would you want your political opponents to have the power to arrest people for what they say or think?
is very poignant here. Would you want the right wing to have the ability to punish those on the left end of the spectrum that they think may become violent, before those leftists have actually committed a crime? If your answer to that is "no" then you should not advocate for the left to do it to the right.
>>
>>55288869
>This thread is utter garbage
I always find these type of threads interesting. There's two conversations going on, one where a few people are having an actual discussion about politics, and another completely separate one with 5 or 6 anons just endlessly shitposting in response to each other... and there's almost no overlap.

Reminds me of this trope you occasionally see in fantasy fic where you have two communities living together, but because of magic or brainwashing or whatever, they don't interact. One of the Dying Earth books did it where the two communities wore different color outfits, and were conditioned since birth to not notice people in the other color. There was a book I read a couple years ago called The City & The City that had a very similar premise - two cities occupying the same geography but that don't interact at all. The Borges story Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius played with a lot of the same ideas too. I am reminded.
>>
>>55289796
> /pol/ name-dropping Orwell
Every time. You do know that he was a flaming commie who openly and repeatedly called for the revolution of the proletariat in 1984, right?
>>55289819
1. How many times do you have to be told about the paradox of tolerance before it gets to you?
2. That's the second point I'm trying to make: fascists do not need reasons, only excuses. They will always attempt to outcompete their opponents on the field of violence, and it's pointless to treat them as if they play by the same rules everyone else does.
>>
>>55275799
"Democrats are the real racists."
>>
>>55289330
>Well I mean fidget spinners are mentally enslaving children so they're a bit justified.
Is that the bugbear this year? Give me a moment while I manage my stupefaction...

OK. Hey, remember Snap Bracelets? Sometimes, if you snapped them too many times, the fabric would wear away and you could get a cut on your wrist from the steel bit! You could die from that! (probably?) Actually I think a lot of people might have. A whole generation. They call it "The Lost Generation".

Then there was that thing with the Pop Rocks and Soda. Don't get me started on that. That was a whole other generation, "The Other Lost Generation". It was bad.

>>55289767
>anyone with a small mustache is Hitler
Try to be more accepting anon, not everybody can grow thick, luxurious facial hair.
>>
File: 1490307256488.jpg (111KB, 462x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490307256488.jpg
111KB, 462x527px
>>55289948
Have you considered that not everyone who thinks arresting people based on their thoughts is wrong is /pol/?
>>
>>55289948
I dont care what he was. Im not an identity obsessed mongoloid like you are. Thoughts aren't justification for persecution you dunce
>>
>>55290031
>openly calling for violence and exhorting others to commit murder is fine when WE do it!

it's like these people get free lobotomies or something
>>
>>55290002
>not everybody can grow thick, luxurious facial hair
We need to exterminate the facial untermensch.
>>
>>55290067
Have you considered that it's just fucking words? /pol/ LARPing as Nazis isn't going to cause any more actual violence than college professors tweeting about how they want white genocide to happen.
>>
>>55290067
Are you autistic? I literally stated that violence is the point at which we respond. Regardless of side. Right now antifa is being violent and the Nazis aren't.
>>
>>55290150
Check that - antifa is being violent more often than the Nazis. In any case, the violence is where you respond. You can't go after people on their thoughts alone
>>
>>55289843
> is very poignant here
It isn't. Nobody just naturally assumes that fascists should be allowed to come into power like everyone else. You just don't get it. It's not the usual case for politics where you don't fuck with the opposition because they might come into power and will then fuck with you back; you absolutely should fuck with fascists and break the rules that in principle apply to everyone because fascists never play by the rules of everyone else. I could argue that fairness as a concept is a useless fantasy when it comes to politics, but even if we were to accept that concept, it would still not apply to fascists because they reject it.
>>55290010
If you aren't from /pol/, but agree with them, then you're their bitch. It makes for little difference.
>>55290031
I'm always taken aback whenever /pol/ plays off their idiocy as a virtue, "I say stupid shit because I'm too cool to bother thinking", and I honestly don't know how to start getting used to it.
Anyway, claiming that a famous leftist's words actually promote far right politics is intellectually dishonest and you know it.
>>55290067
The paradox of tolerance, m80. Rules are broken in regards to your kind precisely because you never consented to the rules yourselves.
>>55290150
> Right now antifa is being violent and the Nazis aren't.
Saying that after Charlottesville is just… Didn't /pol/ acknowledge that their charade is over when it happened, to the point where they advised each other to stop saying what you just said because it instantly outs them?
>>
>>55290010
Different anon, but if the person in question puts his thought's into action and said thoughts were advocating violence to a group of people, be it people of color or people of a different wage class, then shouldn't they be arrested? Should we allow a group of fascists or communists rally and blatantly call for violence against their prefect scapegoat, or do we do the right thing and get rid of them. Same goes for the internet. Just because the person you hate is in another country, it isn't right to say "I'm going to fucking kill you" "I hope you die" "You deserve to be bombed faggot". Your still calling for violence against them, but many would counter argue going "Thoughts aren't justification for persecution" as >>55290031 says. Hell this anon >>55290150 states that antifa is being violent, which is correct, but yet says the Nazi's aren't, which is incorrect only less your going to tell me the rise of hate crimes and the car running protesters down in Charlottesville our false flags, which then you're a retarded faggot that should of been aborted than being born.. Both sides should be arrested. Neither fascism or communism belong in this world. Why can't people get that through their fucking skulls.
>>
>>55290233
> Both sides
Don't out yourself like that, mate.
>>
>>55290167
my apologizes, I didn't see that comment till I posted. I'm >>55290233, but I do stand by my statement about people who think the Nazi's are being pacifists.
>>
>>55277998
You are partially right. Except in this case there is no middle ground between two lies. /pol/ and sjws aren't two sides of the horseshoe, they're telling the same lie.
>>
>>55290255
>Don't out yourself like that, mate.
The hell you're talking about anime lady? Seriously, I don't actually understand what you said. Are you trying to say I'm either /pol/ or /leftypol/?
>>
>>55271246
>Calling non-SJWs snowflakes
Not a single shred of originality, not even in their insults.
>>
>>55271246
God what is with this gender bending stupidity infecting every hobby.
>>
>>55290230
>>55290233
I corrected myself immediately. The violence is the important bit. React to violence and trim those bits no matter the side theyre on. Like it or not you cannot have a proactive approach to law without violating a shit load of basic freedoms.
>>
>>55290230
>if the person in question puts his thought's into action
If he does put his thoughts into action then he should be arrested, yes. I am not going to defend people like the car guy from Charlottesville.
>>55290230
You seem to be literally saying "it's okay when we do it." You think your shit doesn't stink, and that as long as you're fighting the "fascists," in quotation marks because the Antifa group you're defending considers anyone they dislike to be a fascist, then it's okay to destroy cities and remove people's rights. It's not okay. Saying "we can commit atrocities because they're fascists!" is the same level of deplorable as "we can commit atrocities because they're Communists!"
>>
>>55290368
The first part of this post was meant for >>55290233
>>
>>55280673
>in order not to hurt someone
>words
>hurting
Reddit, plz go.
>>
>>55290321
I understand I did apologize, because I didn't see your comment when I posted mine. I also understand your last statement, and I do believe both sides should be put in prison if they're violent. We're allowed to have our own thoughts and free speech, but so does everyone else. I'm happier then a clam in high tide if people protest and rallied in moderate peace, but I get pissy when chucklefucks are advocating for violence.
>>
>>55289748
>Legality trumps facts
I never said that. What is morally right and what the law allows you to do are not the same: and nor should they be, for no man of the state should be allowed to dictate "this is right, this is wrong"; not even the most righteous and lily-pure man can be trusted with that power, much less a politician.
As for your second point, I would give the Devil himself the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake. For where would I hide once I cut down the last law in pursuit of him, and he then turned around on me? Likewise, I even give the scum of the earth the benefit of the law.
>>
>>55290304
Don't forget the pro-Antifa anon here has been using copies of /pol/ memes >>55289748 and edited a Ben Garrison comic >>55290230
Can't come up with anything original.
>>
>>55290452
Yessir. I believe we're on the same exact page. Guy I've been going back and forth with is just a run of the mill hypocrit. Trying to justify violence against people he doesn't like while ruling out the other direction
>>
>>55281131
The difference is that allergen warnings are there to protect physical health while trigger warnings are to cater to feminists and nu-males, all people who need to gtfo of the hobby.

>tw: rape
>tw: sizeism
>tw: ableism
>tw: SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>55289948
The paradox of tolerance doesn't mean what you think it does. It means "we cannot treat bigotry the same way as we would a difference in film preference", not "we should kill all Nazis". Source: fucking read anything Popper wrote, ever.
>>
>>55271246
>Inclusive
Genuine question, what rpg systems don't let certain groups to play?
>>
>>55290502
Pen and paper RPGs can't be enjoyed by the illiterate.
>>
>>55290463
This. I wonder if it isn't all a chess game. I mean ultimately who's going to be better off in a fight, a group of heavily armed right wing Nazis or the bike lock brigade? What protects antifa if they knock down the law in pursuit of Nazi punchan
>>
>>55290298
"Both sides are bad" is the quintessential centrist escape hatch. You never have to think about what is right and what is wrong when you can just say that both sides, whichever those are, are bad. With this magical phrase you are forever free to keep chasing the political mainstream, never getting off your moral high horse that, after everything is said and done, it nothing more but glamoured cowardice.
>>55290321
> Like it or not you cannot have a proactive approach to law without violating a shit load of basic freedoms.
But that's exactly my point? Fascists should always be crushed with violence and their personal freedoms should not be a factor at all when dealing with them. Now, I oppose using violent methods where it comes to antifa, and that's because antifa, though very imperfect, actually do try to solve the fascist problem where the government wouldn't — all fascist lies about them be damned.
>>55290368
> You seem to be literally saying "it's okay when we do it."
Yes. It is okay when the left does it. Of course, there are fuck ups and bad methods, but you should remember that successful right is failed left — when leftists fail, the result is the same as when rightists win, and when the left succeeds, it brings forward what the right never even considered delivering. Case in point, refer to the attached picture: for reactionaries and even moderates, progress is only good in the past tense.
>>55290463
> I never said that.
I don't care for your excuses. If you don't want to be caught by the tongue, then don't flap it.
>>55290481
Boo hoo.
>>55290500
> Popper
let_me_laugh_even_harder.jpg
>>
>>55290484
And rape victims, and war veterans. Obnoxious cunts pretend to have traumatic disorders, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
File: labor_history.png (94KB, 650x629px) Image search: [Google]
labor_history.png
94KB, 650x629px
>>55290528
Fucc, forgot the pic.
>>
>>55290528
I think we can safely call it at this point. Literally rules for thee but not for me garbage the whole way through. Seek help.
>>
File: 1498429053024.jpg (22KB, 426x287px) Image search: [Google]
1498429053024.jpg
22KB, 426x287px
>>55290528
>Yes. It is okay when the left does it.
This is the point where I realize it is impossible to argue with you. I'm just going to tell you that your point of view is what has driven people to the authoritarian right. Authoritarianism breeds opposing authoritarianism. When you insist that you need to crush the life out of the people you disagree with, it causes the other side to feel the need to crush you before you can do it to them for the sake of their own safety. And if your whole plan for this scenario is "well we just need to crush them first" then you're going to help drive us into a very brutal civil war with tons of casualties on both sides.
Also not the anon who mentioned Popper, but he was the person who invented the "paradox of tolerance" wasn't he? If you weren't referring to him, whose paradox of tolerance were you referring to?
>>
>>55290502
None that I know, but snowflakes want to snowflake and be validated, virtual signaled every 5 minutes.
"Welcome everybody, you can be whatever you want" isn't inclusive enough as "Welcome your special brand of pers@n, LGTB is an option NOW!"
>>
>>55290528
>literally no objective basis for anything
You're just plain stupid. There's nothing stopping the other side from rationalizing exactly the same way to stomp you. You re the one on a high horse m8, your entire ideology appears to be based on your jacked morals
>>
>>55290528
>If you don't want to be caught by the tongue
You haven't done that, though. You invented a flimsy argument, disproved it, and then acted like you disproved my argument. I have been nothing but civil towards you, whereas you have treated me like your enemy (Which I am not: my politics and the politics of /pol/ are at loggerheads on a fundamental level).
>Laughing at Popper
Popper devised the very paradox of tolerance you wave about: to mock him is to mock the root of your very argument.
But, from the rest of your writings, it's clear that doesn't matter to you: you have no ideology you truly believe in. You act like a tyrant, for whom the law, social good, morality, and even humanity itself are mere obstacles that must be cast aside to beat your enemies into submission. You would have the streets flow with the blood of not only wicked men, but men who in your eyes are insufficiently pious, without ever considering that this will end as it always does: with the tools you yourself forged turning on you, as even the thin veneer of principles vanishes in the face of awoken bloodlust. My sole consolation is that you have no power to unleash the nightmare you see as paradise on the world as of yet, and that, with any luck, cool heads may yet prevail and deny your urges, sending you back to your lair to dream of your Glorious Revolution, just as your ideological cousins long for their Day of the Rope. I pity you, you poor creature: born in man's form, but not partaking of his nature.
>>
>>55290635
You do understand that you just admitted yourself to be fascist, don't you?
>>55290642
> I'm just going to tell you that your point of view is what has driven people to the authoritarian right.
No. Refer to pic attached.
> Authoritarianism breeds opposing authoritarianism.
Exactly, hence the reason normal people think that fascists shouldn't be allowed to roam free.
It doesn't matter how many times you try to portray fascists as victims, nobody fucking buys it, mate.
> Popper
He had a few good ideas, but he was terribly inconsistent and hypocritical on the whole. Discussing his views is just a waste of time, as for every idea he had, there were dozens of people who expanded on them better than he ever did.
>>55290715
> There's nothing stopping the other side from rationalizing exactly the same way to stomp you.
Except for facts? Well, yes, the other side doesn't like facts very much, but for the general populace the overview is very clear.
>>
>>55280673
Some people argue that even factual, dry mentions of the above subjects should be warned for. In some sections of Media fandom there are also arguments that warnings should be made for:

depiction or discussion of violence
depiction or discussion of particular kinds of consensual sexual activity (BDSM, homosexual encounters, heterosexual encounters...)
depiction or discussion of any consensual sexual activity
depiction or discussion of discriminatory attitudes or actions, such as sexism or racism

From geekfeminism.wikia.
I think this kind of thing is the problem most fairly well functioning adults have
>>
>>55290482
Thank you for the discussion good sir, I hope you have a good day. It's nice to have a discussion without name calling and moving of goal posts, unlike the pro-antifa you're talking to.
>>55290528
You're calling me a coward because I find extremists to be disgusting and bad? Or are you the type of person who believes that when "both sides are bad" I meant the whole left and right spectrum of political ideologies? Either way, have my (You) since I doubt we could have a civil conversation since you've gone into name calling and cherry picking.
>>
>>55290771
All tyrants believe they are beloved by the people.
>>
>>55290771
>Punching is allowed because words hurt me
>>
>>55290767
> I have been nothing but civil towards you
Fuck off.
Oh, no, I've just acted rude towards someone! My entire argument has been invalidated!
No, really, fuck off.
> you have no ideology you truly believe in
I don't like it when people project on me. Please stop or I'll write a post about you on social media where I'll call you a cuck.
>>
>>55290771
Calling you retarded for literally advocating violence over ideas is me being a fascist? You re closer to fascism than I am man, it's brutal, authoritarian and propagates by squashing political opposition by force - it's literally what you're advocating
>>
>>55290230
Example of a truly evil, maliciously ignorant person here. You belong in a facility.
>>
>>55290799
You too.
>>
>>55290807
Your argument is not invalidated by your tone, but it's content: your tone merely shows you are a childish boor seeking a rise. But please, make yourself look more pathetic in an attempt to provoke an emotional reaction from me: I never tire of it, and you aren't even trying. No death threats against my family? No pathetic attempt at exposing my identity? No insults directed towards my mother's chastity, or my own sexuality? No implications that I deserve to be raped? I get enough of these from Neo-Nazis in real life: I thought the inverse would be refreshing, but in truth it's rather dull.
>>
>>55290799
> I find extremists to be disgusting and bad?
Opposing child prostitution, for example, in all forms is an extremist position; however, it's an accepted extremist position. To choose the middle between two theoretical extremes on the child prostitution issue would, speaking from a null point, be moderate, but in real world would be considered extremist. What, then, is moderate politics, if not chasing the mainstream?
You're a coward with flimsy excuses, and the sooner you admit it, the sooner you can move past it.
>>55290802
>>55290804
>>55290852
>>55290859
I really, really don't get why /pol/ still persists in trying to portray fascists as victims. Isn't it about time to take a hint and try to change the narrative?
>>
>>55283330
The problem with this concept is that it's been proven that avoidance of the issue causes stagnation. Those panic attacks are good things, it's you trying to get over something that causes undue stress. If you can't read an article without having a heart attack and dying I'm sorry, you weren't made for this world. The thing about mental illnesses is that we want people to get over them so they can be functioning individuals again not so we can classify people as babies who need to have their hand held for the rest of their life.
>>
>>55290889
I view any man being beaten for what he said as a victim. If he threw the first punch, I would probably join in.
>>
>>55289948
>fascists do not need reasons, only excuses.
Yes, which is why anyone with a brain will tell you that Antifa is a fascist organization.
>>
>>55290802
Many of them are, desu.

Only a strong executive power can reign in the rich people; you need a forceful king to put the nobles in their place.
Hence, Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln are some of the most beloved US Presidents and both were derided as dictators.
>>
>>55290889
>why are they portraying fascists as victims
>anyone I disagree with is a fascist
>kill all fascists
?

Loving that you ignore the fact youre the closest thing to fascism here tho. Keep it up ur doin great
>>
>>55290230
>Saying that after Charlottesville is just…
You mean where Antifa illegally obstructed a road and attack occupied vehicles?
>>
>>55291019
You're just as much of a retard as our anti-fascist fascist, just from the other direction.
>>
>>55290967
What you don't understand, /pol/, is that normal people always see fascists as aggressors, never as victims. You will always fail with this stupid scheme; even temporary successes won't last long because you inevitably do shit like Charlottesville. Just give up and move on with your life.
>>55290970
> the world is completely monochrome, everyone who isn't a cuck nigger libtard SJW is by necessity a nazi
>>55290993
I repeat: normal people don't see fascists as being in the same category as everyone else. Fascists are accepted as being enemies simply because they're fascists by everyone who isn't a fascist himself. It's not like I can persuade you to drop this charade in general, but please do stop it for this conversation.
>>
>>55291019
See? Even your /pol/ brethren admit that you're stupid.
>>
>>55291034
Just saying, they reaped what they sowed in Charlottesville.

The only tragedy is that more of them didn't die.
>>
>>55291035
This dumbassed tautology is indicative of high octane bait or a diseased mind.
>>
File: 1455076067836.jpg (62KB, 452x445px) Image search: [Google]
1455076067836.jpg
62KB, 452x445px
>>55290771
This is going to be the last post from me, and I'll close the thread after this to make sure. I planned for my last post to be that but I can't help myself.
I am not /pol/. I do not like /pol/, they're full of idiots. I am a libertarian, who believes in the 1st Amendment. It doesn't matter if it's a fascist or a Communist, I will defend them until they get violent, no matter how disgusting their views may be. View me as a person.
The rising authoritarian right helps fuel the current authoritarian left, yes, but the authoritarian left is what has caused the authoritarian right to become so mainstream lately. The authoritarian left have gotten to the point of wanting to punish people for thoughtcrime, and you have admitted that you think they should! People with very moderate views like the Google employee who wrote a private document explaining their concerns that Google's hiring process is ignoring meritocracy and instead focusing on the applicant's ideological beliefs are being branded as "far right Nazis" nowadays, and when people like YOU encourage thugs to don masks and beat up people that have been branded as "far right Nazis" it makes normal right-leaning people afraid for their livelihoods and their lives.
You are helping to create and empower your own enemy and you refuse to acknowledge this. You are saying "we need to kill all who oppose us" and people who would never want to cause violence become more accepting that they may need to resort to it to defend themselves. In fact that's probably what you yourself think, "if we don't crush their skulls on the concrete they'll do it to us," while ignoring that you're creating that exact same fear in others.
There would be a few violent fascists/Communists regardless of how peaceful everyone else is, but you have gone far beyond that and advocate the removal of anyone who MAY become a violent fascist/Communist. You are causing polarization and a push to authoritarianism, and you are half of the problem.
>>
>>55291035
You are in a cult.

Seek help.

Just because the MSM runs interferance for your cult, doesn't mean that more people aren't becoming aware of its illicit activities.
>>
>>55282576
>and then left these countries with no infrastructure or way to rebuild themselves.
You need to watch Empire Of Dust mate
>>
>>55291058
Say what you want, but I hope you and >>55291035
join hands and walk off of the top of the Sears Tower. Make the world one thug and tyrant less.
>>
>>55291068
> I am a libertarian
So you're /pol/ through and through. Got it. Bye.
>>55291067
>>55291071
Ok.
>>55291078
/pol/ pretending to be moderate is the one thing I will never understand. You do realise that your bullshit leaks from your skin pores, don't you?
>>
File: 39.gif (68KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
39.gif
68KB, 320x240px
>>55291068
>>
>>55291116
I'm literally wishing death on someone from /pol/ and you still call me /pol/. You are either a troll, or someone from /pol/ trying to push more people into your disgusting little basement club by making the other side look bad. Fuck off.
>>
>>55291035
Identity obsession. Still ignoring that youre the closest to the definition of fascist to begin with. Bait quality is declining steadily
>>
File: antifa graphiti perhaps.jpg (218KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
antifa graphiti perhaps.jpg
218KB, 900x1200px
>>55291140
Or he's exactly who he says he is.

It isn't like groups like antifa haven't said the exact same thing.
>>
>>55291140
Yeah, no. You lost all right to pretending to be a normal person after you admitted that you view fascism as acceptable.
I'm saying it again: if you pretend that you need a special reason to believe that fascists are bad, then you are an obvious fascist. Fucking nobody but fascists themselves view fascism as acceptable.
>>
>>55291196
>advocates forcible suppression of opposition
>but fascism is never allowed
Lol
>>
>>55291196
I don't view fascism as acceptable, I just don't think that people should be killed for thinking the "wrong" thoughts.
>>
>>55291196
You can be a fascist on both sides of the spectrum, and honestly you won't win in violent conflict with the political right. If you want to win this political argument, you need to do what you where doing during Bush's administration. Having control over academia, taking the moral high ground and dismantling your oppositions arguments with humor and intelligence. If they're so violent, let them be that will justify the police/army will protect the nonviolent citizens. If you're violent too then you're in the same boat as who you claim to be fascists.
>>
>>55291342
>>55291383
Yeah, fascists should be murdered en masse, political oppression should be the modus operandi when dealing with them. They're the people who started WWII and committed genocide after genocide. They're the one universally accepted ideology to be called objectively evil. They will always be thugs and murderers regardless of how they're approached. It's not my fucking problem that they've succeeded in building the image they have nowadays; being seen as unstoppable monsters against whom no means in unacceptable is exactly the image they have cultivated about themselves in the decades of their prominence. It's the fascists' fault that violence is used to stop them.
>>55291393
> you won't win in violent conflict with the political right
See? This is how you get busted, /pol/.
> let them be
So you're saying that fascists should be allowed to murder innocent people. Yeah. You are /pol/, and you can't deny it.
>>
>>55291116
Libertarians are the opposite of fascists
>>
>>55291467
No, anon, YOU are the fascists. And then anon was a fag.
>>
>>55291467
Completely missed the point. You're literally fascist m8.
>>
>>55291035
>What you don't understand, BLM, is that normal people always see black people as aggressors, never as victims. You will always fail with this stupid scheme; even temporary successes won't last long because you inevitably do shit like Dallas. Just give up and move on with your life.
>>
>>55291557
Fascism is the rule of the military-industrial complex, a situation in which the state is either headed by the complex or replaced by it entirely. Fascists and "libertarians" (even your name you stole) have exactly the same view of how the society should be, the only thing that is different are your excuses.
>>55291572
>>55291584
I have to admit, the broken record tactic is extremely hard to argue against. Good job, /pol/, keep it up.
>>
>>55291638
This only makes sense under the premise that racism is natural and universal; since there exist plenty of people who aren't racists, this statement makes no sense.
>>
>>55291644
>hahah I wont refute it I'll just call them pol that'll work.
Nah I'm with u bash the fash. Caving your oppressive skull in first
>>
>>55291695
See? You even admit that you're a fascist. I could never hope to wrap my head around how /pol/ doublethink works.
>>
>>55291715
Your reading comprehension is incredibly poor.
>>
>>55291730
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>55275605
>>55275799
It's a case of people trying to subject an insult that was too accurate. "Snowflake" refers to people desperate to be unique, in reference to the fact that snowflakes are all different. Now people are trying to use "snowflake" to refer to people who can't take opposition, in reference to the fact that snowflakes melt.

See also the fedora meme. Originally it was an insult against white knights (hence the connection to "m'lady") but people managed to force it into an insult against atheists.
>>
>>55274257
>be born a male
>want to be a female
>my preferred pronouns aren't "she, her, etc" but "xe, xer" or some other shit
>>
>>55291644
>Fascists and "libertarians" (even your name you stole) have exactly the same view of how the society should be
Well, no. Fascists seek to consolidate all the power of the government into a single person, and are often motivated by nationalism and distrust of outsiders. Libertarians want to diminish the power of the government, or even abolish it, so that they can be free to act without restriction and share none of their profits with others.

So they are, literally, opposites. They end up being functionally the same in many ways, because they both promote a society where a small elite has all the power and everyone else is oppressed by them, but they reach that point through very different ideologies.
>>
File: 135528782.png (104KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
135528782.png
104KB, 500x522px
>This entire thread
And some people think that /tg/ is better than /v/.
>>
File: interesting thread.png (919KB, 1030x1014px) Image search: [Google]
interesting thread.png
919KB, 1030x1014px
>>55285217

>implying entering /pol/ is bad

awaken my child
>>
>>55291116
>>55291116

just want you to know I agree with you, and you're not alone on this board. I just don't bother arguing with the reactionaries on 4chan anymore.
>>
>>55281684
Cryptofascism isn't a real thing until Bigfoot gives the sieg heil anon
>>
>>55292722
>Citation needed
>>
>>55293528
Look up what words mean or read a history book you fucking illiterate
>>
>>55293717
Shocking, I was about the say the exact same to you.
>>
>>55293759
>I know you are but what am I
>Everyone that responds to me is the same person
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.