[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tanuki PC Race for 5e?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Pathfinder Tanuki.gif (174KB, 683x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pathfinder Tanuki.gif
174KB, 683x800px
Long story short, I really want to make up workable PC stats for tanukis as part of a 5e oriental fantasy setting. What do anons think of this current stat-block? Also, I want to give them a racial feat to expand their spell-like abilities, ala Svirfneblin, but what spells would be appropriate?

Tanuki
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Wisdom, +1 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet, Climb 15
Vision: Darkvision
Tanuki Trickery: You can cast the Minor Illusion cantrip with this trait. At 3rd level, you can cast Disguise Self as a 1st level spell once per long rest with this trait. In both cases, Charisma is used as the casting ability score.
Tanuki Transformations: You are a shapeshifter who can freely assume the form of an inanimate object and then revert to your normal form. As an action, you can transform into tools or a weapon by using this ability; you can’t move in such a form, but can be used by another character. In weapon form, attacks made with you count as magical for ignoring damage resistance. In tool form, characters may use the tools as if they had proficiency in the requisite skill.
Tanuki Slam: You have a slam attack, which is a natural weapon you can wield as an unarmed strike. This slam attack inflicts 1d6 + Str modifier Bludgeoning damage, and counts as Magical for purposes of damage resistance. You can use a Tanuki Slam attack even if your hands are occupied. This racial ability does not grant you an Extra Attack.
>>
>>55271192
do female Tanuki get the slam attack
>>
>>55271192
I also made semi-optional rules for a shapeshifting racial trait to add to the abov e statblock:

Hengeyokai: You belong to a race of magical beasts that can assume partially or wholly humanoid form, as well as revert to your true bestial shape when it suits you. As an action, you can shift into any one of your three forms.

Hybrid Form is your default form. It functions as normal for a character.

In your Human Form, you gain Advantage on all Charisma (Deception) checks made to pass yourself off as human. It otherwise functions as Hybrid Form.

In your Beast Form, which is determined by your race, your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but retaining your alignment, personality, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the beast; if you and the beast have the same proficiency and the beast’s bonus is higher than yours, you use the beast’s bonus.

Changing shapes does not alter your current hit points, maximum hit points, or hit dice.

You can remain in any of these three forms as long as you wish, but must consciously choose to change shapes.

You can change shapes once at 1st level, twice at 5th level, and thrice at 11th level. You regain all expended uses of this trait when you complete a long rest.

If you have exhausted your uses of shapeshifting, you can revert back to hybrid form, but you cannot then change again into beast or human form.

For a Tanuki, use the stats for a Raccoon for your Beast Form.
>>
>>55271192
This is a bit more Mario than mythological, I admit it, but I was hoping there was a way to make it balanced.

Racial Feat: Flying Leaf
Prerequisite: Tanuki
Effect: You gain a Fly speed of 15 feet.

>>55271217
Yes. It's a Mario-style tail slap attack, why wouldn't they have one?
>>
>>55271252

Because that Anon thought the slam attack was preformed with huge tanuki testicles.
>>
>>55271266
...If you want to run it that way at your table, then that's your prerogative, but I'm not explicitly referring to that aspect.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
>>
>>55271192
WHERE'S THE BALLS SHITHEAD?
>>
>>55271192
What you should consider doing is killint yourself you furry bastard.

If you want a "real" answer: It's overpowered as fuck.
>>
>>55271192
The climb speed is irrelevant since anyone without a climb speed climbs at half speed already.
Granting proficiency with the tools it transforms into is broken as fuck, just look at why everyone hates Nomad Mystic's bonus action swap proficiency ability. It's a lot of agency that's supremely useful in every situation it's relevant in. And smart players will make sure it's relevant.
>>
>>55271192
try making a Racoon for GURPS instead than on inferior systems
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.