[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this being an asshole to the players?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: si-woo-kim-elf.png (2MB, 1920x2716px) Image search: [Google]
si-woo-kim-elf.png
2MB, 1920x2716px
In the setting I'm using, an entire continent of people are devoted to a god, and at a certain point he turns them into elves. I'm running a campaign and wondering if I should have this happen during that, not sure if it's a good idea. While elves are beautiful, agile, etc., they cannot build strength for shit, and they all look almost exactly the same. Which means some characters would be mechanically fucked over (or at least changed dramatically), and taking away physical traits might kind of ruin the characters as they imagine them too. It would be possible to reverse, but doing so would be an act against their god and have certain other implications.
>>
>>55268418
>an entire continent of people worshipping one god
>elves all look the same
>elves all have the same stats

First of all, these are dumb idea's. I DO like the idea of worshiping a God to become an elf like some kind of fucking chosen, explains elven arrogance and near immortality and why there are so few of them, and also why they don't

But one continent of people, all worshiping same god? never happens. Elves also do not all rook the same, unless that's a quirk of your elves because they aren't natural creatures.

Anyway there are bound to be schisms, your PC's are bound to either be totally into it OR secret heretics who don't want to become elves and thus obviously won't because they don't believe hard enough - leading to a situation where everyone who ISN'T an elf over the age of like 22 is suspect, either they haven't shown enough devotion or because THEY ARE SECRETLY AN ENEMY OF GOD
>>
>>55268472
*why they don't rule the world

ffs i'm not even on the phone. just woke up, excuse.
>>
>>55268472
What are empires? I'm not talking asia- or africa-size continents, I'm talking like Australia with about half of it inhabitable desert. As the god comes down in person to encourage them, I think it makes sense for them to worship him quite devoutly, when none of the other gods have contacted them really, and teleportation circles improves infrastructure and makes it near impossible for anyone to take significant areas from them when they have the larger army. At the time the campaign takes place, it's a growing kingdom, and the PCs are conquerors and explorers.

Elves looking the same is a thing specific to the setting, since I really like masked elves. The ones who don't appreciate his gift are "cursed", no longer with radiant blonde hair and pale skin but ghostly gray hair and blue skin, i.e. moon elves. The PCs would be powerful enough to find a way to revert themselves outside of that though. I'm not sure about them all looking exactly the same, maybe it's a gradual thing and only the ones fully devoted look exactly like their god.
>>
File: 1471316856190.jpg (422KB, 880x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471316856190.jpg
422KB, 880x1080px
Is this feet thread? It is now.
>>
>>55268418
>Which means some characters would be mechanically fucked over (or at least changed dramatically), and taking away physical traits might kind of ruin the characters as they imagine them too
These are all the reasons you need to not do that.
>>
>>55268605
I guess it is all about buy-in. I know it'll be fine as a choice later on (if you're an elf, you look like all other elves and therefore use a mask) but forcing the choice on them after they already made characters is quite different. I'll just give it as an option, no smiting if they decline or regret it.
>>
>>55268547
Make sure to make your elven god killable. Because your PCs might want to start a crusade against him. Just sayin'.
>>
>>55268953
I'm hoping for it but they may not be the types of players to do that, even if he has weird totally-not-dragon eggs that he's checking out. He's newly formed and wouldn't be godlike in power at all, most likely just getting scared and running away.
>>
>>55268418

Like a lot of questions, it can be simplified to "this is a idea with bad consequences, but I still want to do it. Should I?"

If you're indecisive about something you want to do, it's because your feelings are warring with your judgement. You should almost always choose the option you don't want to do.
>>
>>55268472
>Oh no, a racially and religiously harmonious society!?!?!?!
NO, HOW DARE YOU YOU RACIST NAZI
>>
>>55268418
Tolkein's elves were strong too. Upgraded immortal humans with no physical drawbacks. If elfhood is a divine reward, that might work.
>>
>>55268418
They turn into an elf an gain +2 across to their stats across the bored.
Thats all you need to do.
I dont think I would like for my race to be changed though, unless this was talked about before the campaign began.
Look at the 40k dark heresy chaos gifts rules
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.