[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Player Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: races[1].jpg (84KB, 630x227px) Image search: [Google]
races[1].jpg
84KB, 630x227px
This is my first time coming up with my own character. I really wanted him to be a Dragonborn Wizard called "Blizzard the Lizard Wizard", so I kind of came up with a backstory around that. Am I doing too much? Have I done too little? Do I completely suck? Constructive feedback encouraged.

The Story and Origin of Blizzard the Lizard Wizard
Name: Gul’Thran Beldak Brizesiia
Clan: Member of the Gul’Thran (draconic for Cold Flight), a Dragonborn clan who have made their home in the mountain peaks. Descended from white dragons, they prefer to remain secluded on their mountain top. The Gul’Thran know little of the peoples outside their territory and do not care of their affairs. Few leave the clan to explore the world, for those who choose to do so are disowned from the clan and treated as strangers. They worship no gods, nor do they practice magic.

Childhood nickname: Bisairi (Duties) – Given to him by Marqull, who would constantly yell it at him to remind him to do his work.

Background: Beldak and his brother Ghatur were born to a single mother, but were raised primarily by the clan scribe Marqull, who pitied the poor hatchlings, as their mother lacked the resources to raise them herself. Though he never knew his father, his brother assumes a less than noble heritage given the looks they receive from the elders. Marqull planned raise them as his own, and once older Ghatur and Beldak worked as Marqull’s assistants, transcribing documents detailing the scattered history of the clan and running basic day-to-day errands. Doing this they both became fairly literate in the languages of both Draconic and Basic.

[1/2]
>>
[2/2]
Since young, Beldak yearned for knowledge of the world. Questions of the origins of the world and the geneology of his bloodline haunted him throughout the nights. While Marqull knew some stories learned from journals of unfortunate adventurers who attempt the summit, this knowledge was nowhere near enough to satisfy the boy. His brother, however, was unphased by such existential thoughts, worrying only about building reputation within the clan. One day, while scavenging for food at Marqull’s request, he and his brother stumble upon the frozen remains of a traveler foolish enough to attempt to brave the ascent. As they were looting his corpse, Beldak happened upon a book engraved with a strange symbol in the man’s satchel. As soon as he touched the aged leather binding, Beldak felt closer to his answers than he had ever been before. However, the lettering was in a language foreign to him and his clan. He knew at that moment he must find the peoples who can translate this book and impart on him the secrets of the multiverse. He begged for his brother to follow him on his adventure, but Ghatur refused to join, telling Beldak that he cannot support him leaving the clan, because without Marqull and the clan they would have nothing. That night Beldak left a note to Marqull thanking him for his upbringing, gathered his belongings, and began his descent from the mountain, clutching the book tightly in one hand.

Again, total noob here, so this might be lame af. I gave him the nickname Bisairi (draconic for Duties?) with the idea that it gets bastardized into Blizzard by some illiterates.

I was going for him having a sage/scribe background. Thoughts? Literally anything would be great
>>
>>55265687
>there are elves and half elves in that pic
>there are half orcs but no pure orcs
what gives?
>>
>>55266669
I'd assume that pure orcs are basically monsters and not reasonable enough to make good PCs.
>>
>>55265687
Looks fine to me, as a DM I'd appreciate the fact that you even bothered to write a backstory, but it does vary from group to group.
are you new to this group? do you have a sense of how they play?
If you're going in blind with people that you've never played with before then what you have is plenty.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.