[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would a Faceless One / Eldritch being's Society look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 651984321854.jpg (649KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
651984321854.jpg
649KB, 1600x2400px
How would a Faceless One / Eldritch being's Society look like?
>>
Incomprehensible, I would imagine.
>>
>>55264227

Anarcho-Baneposting with traces of Islamo-Syndicalism.
>>
>>55264262
fpbp
>>
>>55264227

Why would they have a society? Not even all of the organisms in our world have societies, certainly things that are even further from our comprehension probably won't.
>>
>>55264262
If it isn't I would think it's kind of missing the point. It's not like something that looks like the OP's pic is going to go have a neighborhood deli.
I guess if you don't want to go full "unknowable horror" something that resembles an insect hive with a lot of random fleshy shit is the usual route I think
>>
>>55264385
>It's not like something that looks like the OP's pic is going to go have a neighborhood deli
Come to my setting and I'll show you plenty of shit like this.
>>
If you want to create an alien society start with the aliens wants and needs. Decide what resources they want and how they obtain them.

Then decide how they reproduce. This will have a very large impact on their society.

Then, finally, decide how their social structure is comprised. Remember that the social structure exists to help the aliens get those resources and reproduce while in competition with other similar aliens.

Example:
>The Jovians, the inhabitants of Jupiter, are large inflatable gas-filled bags who reproduce asexually by budding. They subsist on a kind of cloud found in the lower atmosphere, which is in turn inhabited by hostile flying organisms.
>Jovian society is thus commonly based around the oldest members, they exist in groups of 2-10 that 'descend' from those elders which serves as a family structure.
>Their fine manipulators are located on the fronts of their bodies and cannot reach their entire body, therefore they require others to help clean themselves or treat certain injuries.
>They communicate by a large orb on the top of their bodies that flash colors at each other, rather then sound.

The sad truth however is that intelligence itself is a characteristic that lends itself to certain body types, meaning true alien aliens are unlikely. If we suspend disbelief on that however, the questions of an eldritch being's culture and society are mostly a combination of its environment, its biology, and its cultural developments and famous persons.
>>
File: What the ack am I reading.jpg (21KB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
What the ack am I reading.jpg
21KB, 480x250px
>>55264672
>The sad truth however is that intelligence itself is a characteristic that lends itself to certain body types, meaning true alien aliens are unlikely.
Are you saying realistic intelligent aliens are apt to having a humanoid build? I think that's awesome. It would be kind of lame if they looked exactly like us, but my favorite alien designs do tend to be anthropomorphic.
>>
>>55264709

If not humanoid, then at least sharing some basic functional commonalities;

>manipulator limbs
>adaptive locomotion
>broad dietary range
>accurate sensory input
>able to defend self

There's a lot of room for improv there.
>>
>>55264227
>thinly veiled "What are the Eldritch Beings' Tax Policies?" thread

Get out.
>>
>>55264756
Definitely, that's how I like my space creatures. Just biologically relatable enough. Green humans are boring, but starfish aren't much better.
>>
>>55264756
Is the dietary range really necessary? Couldn't pack hunting carnivores develop intelligence as well?
>>
>>55264781
Harder, since they'd need to adapt into a shepherd-esq society once they reach civilization.
>>
File: bear-02.jpg (62KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
bear-02.jpg
62KB, 625x469px
>>55264756
>tfw pic related are only lacking manipulators and adaptive locomotion
I feel like if primates didn't evolve to be the dominant intelligent species, bears would have.
>>
>>55264566
Sounds good. I would like to know more.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.