[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, can you help me decrypt the following message one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: conan-the-barbarian-12-17-15-2.png (338KB, 585x320px) Image search: [Google]
conan-the-barbarian-12-17-15-2.png
338KB, 585x320px
/tg/, can you help me decrypt the following message one of the other players in our group has left to us?

"WHNTETANHE--ASRTPTU-TITEIO-NHES--
1-7-3-4-6-5-2
The pillars didn't seem to be in order."

No firm context available, it was just left in an ancient vault and probably corresponds to the location of another vault somehow.
>>
File: 1401090759812.jpg (552KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1401090759812.jpg
552KB, 720x1107px
Already checked all the basic caesar ciphers, incidentally, so it's at least a little bit more complex than that.
>>
File: ascending_by_alexson1-d7siwlj.jpg (110KB, 1024x624px) Image search: [Google]
ascending_by_alexson1-d7siwlj.jpg
110KB, 1024x624px
>>
Not really enough to go off of there.
>>
File: 1494018493476.jpg (150KB, 1039x1500px)
1494018493476.jpg
150KB, 1039x1500px
I'll give it a shot, anon. Love me some good ciphers.
>>
>>55261331
>>
I want to learn what it is but I am bad at codes.

Can we have riddles to? It's okay if not, I don't want to distract from OP's puzzle.
>>
>>55261331
what about those pillars?
Could it be referring to letters in the code, or there are pillars in your vault?

Those letters are prime material for anagrams, by the way, so are you sure this isn't something like it?
>>
>>55261331
How many pillars? 4?
How accurate is your transcription? Is the other person meticulous or handed over a first draft?
I figured the number sequence is key,
Break the letters into seven letter chunks, ignore the hyphens and try arranging them according to the sequence.
The first line is Want Teh, in this case, but it falls apart on the other seven chunks.
>>
>>55261331
If the double dashes and dashes are exactly written like that in the message, then it's possible you have 4/7 sets of letters, corresponding to 7 pillars and the 7 numbers.
>>
>>55269284
WANTTEH NTEARSH PEUTTIT ISNH
>>
>>55269293
This could be a coincidence, but there are the same number of dashes in the message as there are between the numbers. Could be stand in for spaces?
>>
>>55269506
I do think something similar. 6 dashes there and there. Also the numbers add up to 28, and there are 27 letters. Obviously I think these are connected.

My thoughts were that maybe the first large chunk of letters was 5-3-2 since it was a total of 10, and the other groups of letters have 7,6 and 4 letters in them, corresponding to the numbers given. I do feel we're missing something in general because of the double dashes. It feels like something should be there.
>>
>>55269537
well, there are 10 vowels, so at most we're looking for 10 words, but it seems more likely that we're looking for 7. Perhaps we're looking for a 1 letter word, a 7 letter word, a 3 letter word etc.
>>
>>55269691
My issue with that lies in that we can't really get a one letter word. 27 letters, and the numbers add up to 28. So we either have a letter missing or that's not it.
>>
>>55269718
Very true. I guess we need OP to confirm that that is, character for character the puzzle being solved

>>55261331
OP, want to double or triple check that for us?
>>
>>55269306
>want the tears
>put it in
Clearly written by a gay masochist with a sore butthole
>>
>>55261331
Can we get some context here? Provide us with everything you think might be pertinent to figuring this cipher out that way we can decide if this is even possible to solve.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.