[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good system for a Redwall styled campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What's a good system for a Redwall styled campaign?
>>
File: download.jpg (16KB, 316x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 316x160px
>>55260356
Mouseguard, dude, it's literally the totally-not-redwall game!
>>
>>55260356
I haven't played it so this is irresponsible advice, but you should probably check out Mouseguard anyways.
>>
>>55260411
No, Mouse Guard is the Mouse Guard Game. Other than having mice with swords, the two settings are not very alike in tone or tropes.
>>
>>55261396
it is though

i even used it for a rats of nimh one-shot
>>
>>55264575
That's fine. In Rats of N.I.M.H. the mice and rats are mouse and rat sized. In Redwall, no species is correctly proportioned next to the others; that all gets thrown out the window for plot and heroics. Hell, Jacques even drops the "Redwall takes place in the real world" shit immediately after the first book, which is the only one that refers to stuff like a horse drawn cart.

I mean, for god's sake, they have a mouse going up against a wildcat. That should be like a D&D character fighting a tarrasque. In Mouse Guard, that sort of thing would take fifty or more mice working together.

Redwall is just basic D&D style fantasy with animal-people painted on it. You'd be better off using Ironclaw or brewing up your own game with GURPS or Fate.
>>
>>55266528
I guess Ironclaw then.
>>
>>55266528
While natural order is integral and important part of the MG setting, it's not quite the essential part of the MG system. If you strive for a heroic solo-fox-killing campaign, you can easily remove natural order restrictions on possible outcomes of a conflict without affecting other part of the system directly. It's not going to be MG game in a spirit anymore, but that's not what OP is looking for in the first place.
>>
>>55266668
Saying that, character creation and professions are pretty tight-knit to the setting though, so actually disregard me, unless you want to fiddle with the system. derp
>>
>>55266546
Ironclaw Second Edition, no less.

But yeah, your best bet is Ironclaw (just take out the guns and the magic), GURPS, or perhaps Big Ears Small Mouse.

Can't think of anything else that works. Furry Pirates is more sea-focused (and I don't know the system well anyhow), and I've not touched any of the new tabletop stuff except Ironclaw 2nd Edition.
>>
>>55267274
You could do it in just about any generic system (Savage Worlds, Mini6, Risus, FATE, Strike!, etc.), especially if they have some sort of mechanic already set up for race.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.