[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Numenera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Is Numenera any good?

Tempted to buy into it, the setting reminds me of planescape, the cards system seems good, and the cypher system seems nice.

Is it worth it?
>>
>>55259042

>cards system
What? Numenera has cards you can buy as nerd-luxury goods, but they have precisely zero impact on the game. They're there if you need to produce random creatures/numenera or just want to reference them.
>>
>>55259104
Which I fucking love. Having stuff like that takes the game to a next level for me, as I have a lot more ability to introduce things easily.

But is the game good?
>>
>>55259235
In d&d sessions I would have a collection I made of items (about 15 pages) that I found online and created myself so that I could pull something interesting into the game that isn't half assed at any moment.
>>
>>55259235
So-so is the general consensus here. The classes are still caster-supremacy and the world, at least in the core book, is quite bland considering how it tries to emulate an amazing science fantasy genre. Weird magic items are pretty cool though.
>>
>>55259235
Is the game good?

No...
>>
>>55259498
>>55259485
Are there any good planescape esque games?
>>
>>55259042
I got most the Numenera material through Bundle of Holding and I'm happy with the price I paid for it. It's an interesting read but I wouldn't have gotten it if I had to pay full price and I doubt I'll ever run it, unless with some modifications.
>>
>>55259485
>and the world, at least in the core book, is quite bland considering how it tries to emulate an amazing science fantasy genre

They really screwed up trying to halfassedly cover as much ground as they did there. A lot of the nations are generic and the Beyond has some potential but its underdeveloped. If the world was half as large I'd be more than okay with that.

I started to do a rewrite of the setting to try and flesh out things before I realized I was never going to use any of it. I should get around to reading the guidebook though and seeing what they do there.

>how it tries to emulate an amazing science fantasy genre.
That reminds me that I'd love to have a Book of the New Sun game that wasn't GURPS.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.